Anyone else going to start ttc next month?

(1000 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Anyone like to join me on this journey of conception?! Going to start in May to ttc no 2

You will be busy on the 9th then shoe

How is everyone doing?

Had a bit of a scare yesterday with some brown discharge/spotting, I rang EPU who seemed relieved it was only a tiny bit and said to just take it easy and call back if I get any red blood or pains. Nothing since so I am relieved as is DH who has been flapping around me like a headless chicken!

keepswimming1 Thu 01-Aug-13 13:58:20

Is it to late to join?

this is my first month at trying....AF due in 3 days

shoegal84 Thu 01-Aug-13 19:11:45

oh no golden that must have been a scare. Hopefully all is ok now.

of course that's ok keep swimming the more the merrier. Will this be your first?

keepswimming1 Fri 02-Aug-13 09:59:17

Hey guys, this was my first month 'trying' unfortunately af has arrived this morning. I never realised I would be so disappointed.
Yes this will be my first baby, my oh works away so I think this will be a long journey.

shoegal84 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:36:46

Sorry to hear that keepswimming. I was surprised at how disappointed I have been too; always thought I wouldn't be that bothered and that 'it would happen when it happens'.

I've done 2 cycles of trying now since coming off the pill and luckily my cycle has gone back to normal which is a miracle after 13 years!

Unfortunately, I can empathise. My hubby is currently in China and I'm due to ovulate any day (likely to be around Friday). He gets back Thursday evening, so we are going to have to dtd lots - lol!

How are the lovely pregnant ladies getting on?

Anyone else around testing time?

Hi ladies, any more BFP's I keep hanging around waiting to hear smile

I am doing ok, I have my official booking in appointment on 2nd Sept when I will be around the 9-10 week mark. My Dr's seem to leave it very late! I a at the dr's this Friday also for an initial confirmation with the Dr if that makes sense.

Been feeling awful, completely different so far to how I was with DD.

This time round I have been getting awful bloating and constipation, a few bouts of sickness but more of an all day queasy feeling, which I thik is worse than when I had actual sickness with DD, as at least then I felt better after being sick, nothing gets rid of this feeling. I was up at 3am Saturday night with horrendous bloating and heartburn.

I know I shouldn't moan as I so wanted this, I just never imagined it'd be so different to my pregnancy with DD at only 6 ish weeks in!

shoegal84 Tue 06-Aug-13 23:31:38

Only 2 days till hubby is back and we can start dtd! I have an interest in spiritualism and other things so decided to do an Angel Card reading tonight. Not sure if there's anything it but my mum bought them for me and I thought it was worth a try.

I asked the question of when will we get pregnant. I chose a card and it was one about new beginnings with pics of babies on it. Looked it up in the book and it said could mean pregnancy. Spooky as there are tonnes of cards to choose from. May be a coincidence but its cheered me up anyway!

blueamber Wed 07-Aug-13 09:40:44

Golden, I hope you'll feel better soon. Must be hard if you just can't get a break from feeling sick!

Shoegal, that does sound promising! I'm very sceptical myself, but when something like that happens you can't help but feel positive and hopeful. So hopefully this will be your month!

I'm in the middle of my AF, first once since stopping the pill in April! It's heavier than I'm used to as well, but then again, I have been saving it up for months! Hopefully my next cycle will be back to normal though and I can't wait now we can properly start trying.

Shoegal I am hopeful for you I really hope it is some kind of sign for you smile

Blue good luck for your next cycle, and thank you for the well wishes, morning sickness kicked in at 6.20am today, I thought it wasn't going to appear but it arrived with vengeance! Shame it's not gotten rid of the queasy feeling like I hoped.

internationallove985 Wed 07-Aug-13 18:10:58

A.F arrived on Saturday. I've not been on since then. I've been feeling a bit down so decided to try and take my mind off things. Also do I dare say I was starting to get jealous and inferior of people getting their B.F.P.s. I know it seems selfish but we can't help how we feel, can we. While I'm delighted for everyone who has their B.F.P., but it does get you down sometimes all this ttc (although not the practicing) I didn't really hold out much hope this month as the last time I dtd was 17 July.
He has been away for 3 weeks and he's back on Thursday. I'm seeing him Friday.
so I can soon get on with creating my little miracle.
Hope everyone's okay. xx

SloaneRaver Wed 07-Aug-13 18:45:41

I this weird? I have a half box of clear blue digital ov tests if anyone wants them. I had a bfp after using 12. 8 left. I'll post them to you. And good luck everyone!! They really helped me.

shoegal84 Fri 09-Aug-13 15:04:59

I'd love the clear blue ov sticks. I've been using cheapies and never had a positive despite testing every day. Not sure if they are no good, I'm not using the properly or if I'm just not ovulating. No idea.

Hubby back yesterday so dtd and more planned for tonight and the weekend.

shoegal84 Fri 09-Aug-13 15:05:41

I'd love the clear blue ov sticks. I've been using cheapies and never had a positive despite testing every day. Not sure if they are no good, I'm not using the properly or if I'm just not ovulating. No idea.

Hubby back yesterday so dtd and more planned for tonight and the weekend.

I also have a clear blue digital pregnancy test (came from a pack of two) still in it's foil sealed package, happy to send this on to anyone who may want it, as they retail at around £11 a pair.

SloaneRaver Sat 10-Aug-13 10:35:26

Shoegal84 pm me your postal address and I'll send them over to you. Good luck!

shoegal84 Thu 15-Aug-13 19:57:16

How is everyone? Its All been very quiet. We dtd a few timesc when hubby got back from China so just waiting now.

so how are the pregnant ladies? x

shoegal84 Mon 19-Aug-13 07:27:43

So I'm now on cd25 of cycle 3. Although I'm incredibly doubtful that anything happened this month, I still find it almost unbearable to wait to test! af is due on Friday this week so keeping everything crossed that she stays away.
If she does arrive then, thanks to sloaneraver, I have done clear blue digital ov sticks which I'll try so hopefully can give it a proper attempt next month. Still never had a positive reading on my cheapie ov sticks so not even sure if I do ovulate (but trying to push that awful thought to the back of my mind).

It's been so quiet on here, is there anyone left?

blueamber Mon 19-Aug-13 08:49:41

Hi shoegal, not long to wait now! I would say though, if you get your AF regularly, you most likely ovulate. For some women the OPKs just don't work, but they still ovulate. The digital ones might be easier for you, but if they don't work either and you're worried try temping.

It is quiet on here! How are you, golden?

I'm on cd15 now and am waiting for ovulation. I have 4 sticks left of the advanced cleabrlue OPKs, and got a flashing smiley this morning. However, I have noticed myself that ov is coming closer, so I have decided to save some money and not buy anymore OPKs. The signs are pretty clear, by monitoring cm and cervical position, and I get pains on the day before ov, and I temp as well, so I can't miss it can I! smile

I'm relieved though that so far ov seems quite on time, unlike my last cycle where it took three months! Stupid bc pill.

shoegal84 Tue 20-Aug-13 07:29:16

Hi blueamber. Lovely to hear from you. I do get af regularly so hoping that I do ovulate and that the sticks haven't been working.

Need to somehow stop myself testing before af is due on Friday. I'm spending loads on pregnancy tests because I'm impatient. often think I may be experiencing signs but then they've turned out to be nothing. Wish I could just push it out of my mind but it seems to be pretty all consuming at the min - anyone else feel like this?

Lots of luck to everyone. x

shoegal84 Tue 20-Aug-13 16:40:39

Keep feeling lightheaded and a bit weird. Really hoping it's symptoms but trying not to get my hopes up!

blueamber Tue 20-Aug-13 17:12:55

Yes, it is hard not to think about it. I am going to wait for my AF day and if it doesn't come test the next day. For me that's easier than keep testing and spending money, although it means waiting for aaaages.

Got another flashing smiley today. I do wonder how much stress it takes for ov to be delayed. I have been trying to get my PhD finished and also have a job interview tomorrow, so I'm a bit tense, but that shouldn't affect anything should it?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you shoegal, really hope that AF wont show for you.

jaykay987 Tue 20-Aug-13 17:25:29

Good luck with your interview! I wouldn't have thought it should delay much.

shoegal84 Tue 20-Aug-13 18:42:22

I know, I'm trying to save money on tests too. I only have to hold off until Friday but it's so difficult. I spend Wednesdays and Thursdays out of the office and working on my own so my mind works overtime and I end up buying tests in my lunchbreak!

Not sure if stress would have an impact on ovulation but I know that you are more likely to conceive when you are more relaxed so make sure your have early nights and look after yourself.

I picked up quite a useful leaflet from boots yesterday on 'getting pregnant'.

newforest Tue 20-Aug-13 21:30:25

May I join in? I'm trying for my first in September. I'm 31 and feel I've waited long enough!

internationallove985 Tue 20-Aug-13 22:08:32

Hi newforest. Of course you can join. Let me the first to welcome you aboard. xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.