Anyone else going to start ttc next month?

(1000 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Anyone like to join me on this journey of conception?! Going to start in May to ttc no 2

MrsLadyL Wed 24-Apr-13 12:09:28

My implant was a bit of a nightmare to come out.... I tried all kinds of contraception my body seems to repel it all hehe. My marina coil fell out in August!!! Went for usual smear and they were like Erm I need to get a doc never seen this before! Out there and then that was painfull. My body is weird. Little bit worried to concieve again tho as my first pregnancy was not very straight forward. Bleeding through out, and my daughter spontaneously arrive at 29+2!!! That's why iv waited so long I guess. Frightened x

BNmum Wed 24-Apr-13 13:17:01

It'll be handy that we are cycle buddies MrsLadyL and it sounds like you know what you are doing so I'll follow your lead and dtd over this weekend and early next week.
DH is also happy to take a relaxed approach which I think translates into let's just shag all the time and if nothing happens we'll just shag some more hmm. I'd like to take a more calculated approach as I have an irregular cycle (can be up to 70days long) and we also have a toddler which dramatically reduces shagging opportunities. Think I'll keep this opinion to myself though....

BNmum Wed 24-Apr-13 13:20:01

Just seen your last posted LadyL it sounds like a nightmare. Fingers crossed all goes well this time.

HungryHippo89 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:39:28

1Catherine1 - That doesn't sound too bad! I think I can cope with that!! I originally phoned my doctor to get it removed (that's who put it in) and they told me I was being put on a waiting list for .. 8 WEEKS!!! So i deceided to call the local family planning who got me an appointment for 3 weeks. They only do 1 session a week on a Wednesday morning! So it's a right PITA! But oh well ...

2 Weeks today the calculated well timed sex just shagging commences! With my MMC I was upduffed with the first cycle. Hoping for similar speedyness this time around otherwise I reckon I will turn into a right nut job!

A question for everyone ... How did everybody maken the decision to try and get upduffed? (please don't think i'm being too forward I am just interested in how people made the decision)

1Catherine1 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:57:11

Our decision is quite simple. We want at least 2 children but can't afford more than one lot of childcare. Since our DD has now turned 2, by the time we conceive, baby is born and I return from ML, DD will be 3 with 15 free hours of childcare. grin

Also, I'm a teacher so I have to time due date to only occur between January to April so that I can run the summer holidays as the end of my ML and get full pay for those weeks! An August/July baby would be a nightmare situation. It worked well last time, I'm hoping it will this time too. wink

MrsLadyL Wed 24-Apr-13 14:02:30

Well I think I know what I'm doing ha. Fingers crossed for this month tho x

DisneyDiva87 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:16:51

I didn't really make the decision, I just started getting really broody and knew the time was right. It took SIL to get pregnant to get OH on board though, he's a worrier and refused to have kids before because he thought we wouldn't be able to afford kids. He had this idyllic and unrealistic picture of what he wanted for our kids though.

I'm so excited now we're trying.

enormouse Wed 24-Apr-13 14:37:14

We'd both like another one (DP more so than me). So we're going to take the relaxed approach and see what happens. DS is 18 months old today and neither of us want him to be an only child. I keep changing my mind frequently though, especially over the last week as he has had a bad tummy and has been going through nappies like no one's business. I also worry that I won't have enough love to go round.
So...relaxed approach it is.
Does anyone else feel like this about trying for their next DC?

Beccadugs Wed 24-Apr-13 15:05:05

Ours is the financial thing too really! We lost a lot of money to some builders last year (house still incomplete) and both came to the conclusion that is we keep waiting until we're rich enough it'll never happen. Building work completion booked in for 3ish weeks time, but I refuse to put my life on hold anymore! So we are now trying, assuming the building work will be finished even if we are first time lucky!!

HungryHippo89 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:12:38

My OH has been wanting children for ages and I've been making him wait - It is always after this wedding, after that date, after my birthday, after holiday. And it just hit me a few weeks back there will always be a reason not to have children right now. So I just deceided to go for it. I want more than one ignorance is bliss But i would like a big-ish age gap maybe 4 to 5 years, so I just feel like we should put everything to oneside and do it! grin

Coffee1Sugar Wed 24-Apr-13 15:25:21

Catherine - im a teacher too! Same ttc situation as you! Dd will be getting her 15free hours come September too smile

BNmum Wed 24-Apr-13 15:29:31

We would like another child and don't want too large an age gap but also the thought of 2 in nappies doesn't appeal so we've waited until DS is in pants.

Childcare was also a consideration so we're hoping the 15hrs free will start around the time next one arrives so I can dedicate one on one time with the newborn. This of course is all wishful thinking and the problem with planning too much is that it normally comes crashing around your ears!

Enormouse I also worry that I won't love a new baby as much as my first. It is such an all-consuming love that its difficult to see how you will have enough for another but I can't imagine not loving a child at the same time so I think we just have to trust that there'll be enough.

Coffee1Sugar Wed 24-Apr-13 18:28:46

Should dp and I be at it every day or every other?

Kellie04 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:30:38

Thanks for your replies. I was taking microgynon and haven't had a withdrawal bleed yet. Had quite a few side effects since, headaches, a few spots and really sore breasts!

Its such a shame you have to wait to have your implants removed, I waited a few months before stopping the pill even though we knew we wanted to start trying and it drove me crazy! So I know how you feel!

MissFredi Wed 24-Apr-13 21:23:09

We both wanted one but I didn't want one just yet and I didn't think DP did because I just assumed tbh. Then one night I was talking about weddings and he was like, well I think we should have a baby soon, then we can get married when its about 4/5 and can come down the aisle with us so I secretly 100% hope it's a girl so I don't have to put my son in tights

I was so stunned by him being such a big ol' romantic....I'm pretty sure he's not normal. grin

HungryHippo89 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:40:45

coffee - from what i've read you should be doing it once every 2-3 days. Apparently if you do it every day it reduces the quality of his swimmers. HTH :-)

FoxMulder Thu 25-Apr-13 08:29:05

Hello! I might tentatively join you. Going to start TTC any day now...I keep chickening out at the last minute! It's a bit of a brain U-turn to go from 10 years of freaking out over every missed pill to doing it on purpose!

DH & I are going away for our wedding anniversary at the weekend, maybe I'll get swept up with the wine romance.

DisneyDiva87 Thu 25-Apr-13 10:12:49

Every other day Coffee, if you do it everyday you aren't giving his sperm a chance to develop so you can reduce your chance of getting pregnant.

Cherrybright Thu 25-Apr-13 10:17:18

waves
I might be joining you all too smile
We are hoping to start trying near the end of May. I already have one dd who is 19 months and didn't want a massive gap.
A few friends and family members are pregnant or have newborns and its made me realise how broody I am. I didn't feel broody when I tried for my first so this broody feeling is new smile

MrsLadyL Thu 25-Apr-13 19:04:05

Iv posted some pics ladies. Would be great If you could give me you're opinions on postive and negative?? X

CristaBell Thu 25-Apr-13 23:42:08

Hello mrsLadyL This might be a silly question but the pic a hpt or your ovulation sticks? x

makingdoo Fri 26-Apr-13 10:17:15

Hi all, can I join please? We have just started to be serious about TTC.

We are both 33 and married 5 years. I have been off the pill for the same length of time and have intermittently used other forms of prevention. I've never had a yearning to have kids and DH wasn't overly bothered. But over the past few years our feelings have changed and we would really like to have a child now. It just feels right.

We have already spoken to our GP as we thought it strange that we haven't been really careful for 5 years and nothings happened. Also DH has a cyst on his testicle so that makes things difficult.

My blood tests have all come back clear and DH has an appointment to get a sample checked next week.

In the meantime we have started TTC properly. I'm a little confused as I feel my body is telling me I'm ovulating (have lots of discharge) but my OPK is saying no! Maybe I'm not understanding properly?

Sorry for the long post! Just catching up with you all.

MrsLadyL Fri 26-Apr-13 17:27:06

Ovulation xx

BNmum Fri 26-Apr-13 17:52:41

Whoop whoop MrsLadyL! How long is your cycle usually?

Is anyone else using OPKs?

MrsLadyL Fri 26-Apr-13 18:26:21

It's 28/29 days usually. First time using opk that's why I'm asking advise? Take it the line gets stronger when ovulation is approaching?? X

This thread is not accepting new messages.