The Genuine BESH Palais. To misquote Carlsberg, we're probably the barrenest TTC-ers in the world...

(985 Posts)
HesterShaw Fri 19-Apr-13 22:18:12

We are Barren. We are Evil, on account of having left procreating until our 30s. We are Selfish, thinking only of careers and money and cars and holidays. And lastly, we are Hags. Welcome to the BESH gin palace. Babydusters and instadiffers need not apply.

RaspberrySnowCone Fri 26-Apr-13 21:30:42

So sorry Hest sad (((((hugs))))) for you.

We really aren't doing very well in here at the moment are we. Can I suggest we need to hit the gin harder?

EuroShaggleton Fri 26-Apr-13 22:07:35

In a couple of weeks, Twink. I'm funny about scars and am stressing about it. The bump has to go before it gets any bigger, but I'm going to have to look at that scar every day for the rest of my life. Or grow a fringe. I don't suit a fringe. <Frets more>

Truffkin Fri 26-Apr-13 22:40:06

So sorry Hest ((((())))) Minimal consolation, you were AWESOME on the tellybox

Northey Fri 26-Apr-13 23:18:27

Affect a 30s style embroidered browband, euro. They'll just love it at work.

EuroShaggleton Sat 27-Apr-13 08:35:04

I was thinking more Rambo, Norf.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Sat 27-Apr-13 10:05:17

Sorry Hest hope you're feeling ok.

Kat still progressing FC stuff, we go back on 2nd July if not diffed before then for an IVF referral. Currently on my 3rd cycle of 50mg Clomid and had one of 100mg so 4 rounds in total, only 2 left.

We really are not having lots of luck at the moment <huddles with BESH>

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 15:52:04

euro you would be amazing as RamboLawyer

My didlocam confirmed PCOS, and found a big cyst on my left ovary too. Plus they woke me up after my night shift to ask if I could come in early, so I am tired and rather cross.

<joins huddle>
<passes round drinks>

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 15:52:07

euro you would be amazing as RamboLawyer

My didlocam confirmed PCOS, and found a big cyst on my left ovary too. Plus they woke me up after my night shift to ask if I could come in early, so I am tired and rather cross.

<joins huddle>
<passes round drinks>

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 15:53:30

I have no idea why that posted twice.

Nokkie73 Sat 27-Apr-13 16:25:01

Sorry to hear that twinks. Will you have to have treatment for the PCOS (sorry about my ignorance on this subject) and have the cyst taken out ?

Is it too early to have a vodka ?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sat 27-Apr-13 17:04:04

You'll probably find that the cyst will shrink and grow again through your cycle Twinks. I had a stonking cyst on my left ovary (22mm) during one cycle, them by the next it had shrink to 8mm.

PCOS is pretty common so don't worry too much about it.

I'm sorry hester sad big hugs to you lovely girl xxxx

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 27-Apr-13 19:39:41

I wouldn't say I was worried frank

EuroShaggleton Sat 27-Apr-13 19:42:47

I like the idea of being Rambolawyer. Maybe headbump removal won't be so bad....

Wot's the next step then twinks?

How was the wedding hest?

How is everyone else doing? We have been putting in some new cupboards to add some storage and installing a safe (finally getting round to it prompted by neighbour's burglary a couple of weeks ago). My dad has been helping which is good cos we are both a bit rubbish at DIY stuff. My dad is brilliant at it though, so everything is looking good so far!

CaptainMoll Sat 27-Apr-13 20:00:16

If I needed a lawyer, I would definitely hire Rambolawyer.

I'm on my way to visit BE for the weekend (he's away for work) so am nursing crampy womble and looking forwards to comforting hugs/snogs.

Hope Hesterface is having a splendid time getting trollied at the wedding.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 28-Apr-13 08:18:45

Rambolawyer - that could be your nect nickname (although I like shaggleton as well!)

How was the wedding, hes are you nursing a huge hangover? And are you okay. Holding out hands and not-birthday-cake, which I am baking as we speak and I shall be partaking of in copious amounts.

Sorry about the cyste and being woken up twinks.

On other news I went for another run yesterday, so I have every excuse to have my bottom molded to the couch today smile

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 28-Apr-13 19:06:29

Enjoy your relax driz, how far/fast are you running? I went for a "run" this afternoon. It is in quote marks because it was so shamefully slow I'm not sure it can really be called a run. Still any exercise after a night shift is a good effort right?

euro I've got to make a gp appointment to see what next, and the cyst will need monitoring. My sister had to have one surgically removed and my abdomen is scarred to shit after having my gallbladder out so I rather hope my cyst is more like frank's than my sister's. HWCA will be going for his first ever spaff test this week as well, so that should be interesting. How are your cupboards looking?

moll hope you're being well looked after.

Very quiet here isn't it?

hest love if you're lurking, just want you to know you're in my thoughts and I hope you're taking care of yourself.

HesterShaw Sun 28-Apr-13 20:58:19

Thanks lovely Winks.

Feel a little better today. Yesterday was quite awful. I got to to abut 9.30pm at the wedding and couldn't cope at all. I went and sat in the car and cried for hours. Then MrHest came out looking for me and we left early. I looked like nothing on earth, all red and swollen. Trouble was I didn't know anyone there and the strain of being all polite and sociable and interested, when no one was really interested back, was too much. Crying so much gives you a fuck off headache, I have found out smile

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 28-Apr-13 21:02:48

<strokes Hesty's hair>

I know what you mean about those "crying headaches", I've had plenty of those sad. Glad you are feeling a bit better though, and I did enjoy your phallic veggie option photo in t'other place wink

HesterShaw Sun 28-Apr-13 21:05:29

Fnarrrrr.

I was on the verge of hysteria all day, one what or t'other.

EuroShaggleton Sun 28-Apr-13 21:36:48

My cupboards look lovely. I just have to hope that my clumsy cleaner doesn't scratch them to shit. She is a bit "hulk smash" in her approach to things.... We also have a working burglar alarm for the first time ever, which is good.

hesty that sounds awful. I'm sorry you had a shit time. Did you feel better after a good cry? I always do.

drizz I must get back to running. I stopped when diffed, started again to try to trigger the mc bleed when it all went wrong, and have then been too drained/busy to keep it going. I am nearly a stone overweight and feel like shit. Meh.

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 28-Apr-13 21:49:27

oh Hest, I know all about the crying headaches, I've had one since my meltdown on Wednesday. The crying can be therapeutic though, it just all needs to come out sometimes.

Well done to the runners, I might do a bit in the summer. Trouble is I get bored with running a bit easy but its nice to do now and then for a change.

Can't you get a different cleaner Euro? Cant be worth having someone who trashes everything and doesn't actually clean much?

Me and MATV have been blocked by someone I thought was a friend on FB. Very odd. Another friend has said they will ask them why. To be honest it was one of those friendships that has run its course, lives gone in different directions an all that but blocking seems a bit harsh. Nearly let it bother me but I actually have much bigger fish to fry. I'm massively behind with my coursework and work is rubbish and life is poop so yes, I have much bigger fish to fry indeed. I can't seem to concentrate on anything at the moment, its so frustrating.

EuroShaggleton Mon 29-Apr-13 10:50:56

I've considered it, rasp but she irons and what she does clean she does well (she just misses bits). Also, she has 5 kids and I think she is probably reliant on the money. <soft touch emoticon>

How very odd about the FB blocking. Surely you only block someone if they have really upset you in some way?

I'm back in the office today, with a mountain of email to catch up on.

RaspberrySnowCone Mon 29-Apr-13 14:47:47

Perhaps she just needs a little nudge every now and then. Good luck with your emails, I can back last week to a mountain of the damn things. Hate them.

I've come home early, had yet another melt down last night then the woman who was off sick has returned today so we've had words. Apparently she's going to email the confirmation letter through today but its not her fault, she sent it all weeks ago and it never reached the hospital. I've requested a formal investigation because I want to know where my sensitive, confidential paperwork has gone. It's sat on someone's desk and I want to know who's. fuckers. So, after speaking to her I had a melt down at work and literally ran from the office to my car and just drove off, drove for 15 minutes just any where, stopped and had a breather then went back but consequently now feel and look like poo. Pfft. Life is a mare isn't it

evilgiraffe Mon 29-Apr-13 17:10:22

Oh, rasp sad Is it worth talking to HR at work? If you feel this bad, they might be able to help take some of the pressure off. My last workplace had a counselling/general confidential help service for employees too - does yours have something similar? Although to be honest, I'd be surprised if the GP doesn't sign you off with stress if you're feeling so bad. And RAGE at the incompetent fuckwits losing the paperwork! shock That's appalling angry

Hugs for hest too, but well done for getting through the wedding smile

No running here (aside from HOTB, who ran the four miles to the bike shop to pick up his newly-serviced commuter ths morning), but I cycled a personal best round my ten-mile loop earlier - 15mph is not too shabby! Especially given the slow fools driving like snails on market day. I'm also pleased that the weight is still slowly but surely dropping off; I'm now just over a stone above the "normal" BMI cutoff so comfortably under the overweight/obese cutoff for the IVF criteria. A stone doesn't seem too frightening, given that I was three stones clear of the cutoff a few years ago shock blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now