The Genuine BESH Palais. To misquote Carlsberg, we're probably the barrenest TTC-ers in the world...

(985 Posts)
HesterShaw Fri 19-Apr-13 22:18:12

We are Barren. We are Evil, on account of having left procreating until our 30s. We are Selfish, thinking only of careers and money and cars and holidays. And lastly, we are Hags. Welcome to the BESH gin palace. Babydusters and instadiffers need not apply.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 22-Apr-13 07:14:40

Prod in the ribs is the only thing I find that works. Aversion Therapy I call it wink

Have you tried Redbush Tea? I get on quite well with that and it's naturally decafinated, rather than being regular tea with the good stuff sucked out!

I'm debating starting Couch to 5k. I feel like a blob now that the warmer weather is here, but I'm not a big fan of running. I've fallen out of love with Jillian - haven't done the 30 Day Shred for a few months.

<procrastinates>

JethroTull Mon 22-Apr-13 07:19:53

Hest I had NO symptoms. Zero. None. Nothing. Except insomnia.... grin

JethroTull Mon 22-Apr-13 07:22:06

Frank I'm a fan of the Redbush tea. Although I only rate the Tick Tock brand. The others taste a bit weird.

Jogging is your answer. Fastest way to shed a few pounds. Walking / jogging is as effective too.

Northey Mon 22-Apr-13 07:26:34

I have just started running again, frankel, after several years off. It's not as bad as I had feared it would be, actually, and even though the scales are very meanly not shifting, my trousers are looser and my face looks thinner.

hest, I couldn't sleep either. AMNH was just Too Hot.

After a week of spotting, i am leaking lots of matt brown liquid. Doesn't really resemble droid to me, but there is so much of it I guess it must be.

CaptainMoll Mon 22-Apr-13 07:38:34

Norf - hope that sorts itself out into something recognisable soon. When I was briefly on the pill, my periods were always a lot like that..

8 DPO here and temp still well above average - I'm going to stop temping now and try and put it out of my mind. Not a single other symptom, so maybe it's just the warm weather.hmm

Hest, really hope that's a sign of good things, like what Jeffers said hinted..

evilgiraffe Mon 22-Apr-13 08:20:43

I can't tell the difference between real tea and decaf tea <heathen> I drink a lot of fruit teas, though, which are a good way of limiting caffeine intake - peppermint and liquorice is a current favourite of mine. Redbush tea is revolting, though, you might as well just put sick in a mug and drink that.

Today I feel more human, I slept all night! No waking up due to my digestive system, so perhaps I may be well again...

evilgiraffe Mon 22-Apr-13 08:21:41

And fingers crossed, Hest. You never know until droid or POAS, so hang on in there.

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 09:22:58

My only symptoms were exaggerated PMS! Tired, vile mood, very front with MSB...the caffiene aversion didn't kick in til after the BFP. <hands hest the cod of comfort>

Hope the new job is going well Twink..

Glad you slept well draf.

HesterShaw Mon 22-Apr-13 10:41:14

I am always in a vile mood though <reasonable>

alwyn Mon 22-Apr-13 11:16:08

Pliz to be crossing fingers for me, BESH. I have just had a job interview for somewhere that looks AMAZING to work, that is super kid-friendly (if we EVER get there) and has a really supportive boss.

<hands out cod slaps to those who need it>

EuroShaggleton Mon 22-Apr-13 11:23:56

Morning hags! It's 6am here and I have already been awake for an hour and a half.... Grrr

Had more beer last night. More Ewcm this morning. It's bizarre. I thought my body had just given up making it due to age. Beer is clearly the answer. Whatever is the question.

Hest, like jeff, my only early symptom was insomnia...

CaptainMoll Mon 22-Apr-13 11:41:37

Hest, I think I'll be POAF on Friday morning too.

Just in case there's a Lurkin' Merkin - hoping your TFP is turning into a nice sticky BFP.

HesterShaw Mon 22-Apr-13 11:57:02

Shall we piss together?

CaptainMoll Mon 22-Apr-13 12:01:49

A new sport! Synchronised sWeeming!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 22-Apr-13 12:50:26

"Shall we piss together?" grin Blunt and to the point, eh Hesty wink

Yes, where is Merkin? I have my tassles on stand by!

Spoke to the clinic again, a round of drugs is on it's way. The nurse has recommended that I time taking them so that droid arrives just after we get back from New Yoik <attempts Brooklyn accent>. She said that the clinic could give me a Drs letter confirming that I'm carrying medication (ie syringes) but the real issue is that the drucks need to be kept cool.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 22-Apr-13 16:22:26

Hags I had a luffly day at work smile

moll I am not menkulling on your behalf, nope. I was thinking about you when I was in LondonTown on Saturday evening though.

norf hope your maybe-droid sorts itself out. Well done on the looser trousers, today I wore my uniform trousers for the first time in 2 years and they had a bit of a gastic band effect.

hest when I briefly gave up caffeine at the start of the year it was torture at first, but I got used to it fairly quickly. It only went to (tea)pot when my tea addicted parents came to stay.

4am is an early up time. I am tired.

HesterShaw Mon 22-Apr-13 16:30:12

Glad work was good. It needed to be after that early start.

I am having an awful work day. I'm trying to organise a meeting between several local companies who are, naturally, business rivals. But because this is such a small industry, we are mostly friends as well. Apart from two of them who are trying to sabotage everything I am trying to achieve. We have made a lot of strides in the last few months in the realms of sharing data, devising a joint code of conduct and so on, and two of them are doing their best to discredit it all e.g. one of them us claiming he has never received any of the emails and he has been purposefully targeted and excluded and is telling all the relevant NGOs he is involved with, whereas his name is there in black and white on the CC list. And yet I am supposed to remain polite to this twunt and keep gushing "No we really want you to be part of it. We really value your input," when all I want to do is tell him to find a cliff and do a running jump of it. He causes nothing but trouble.

alwyn Mon 22-Apr-13 18:24:58

Nobber.

HesterShaw Mon 22-Apr-13 18:29:00

Succinct and to the point, alwyn. He is indeed a nobber.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 22-Apr-13 18:45:08

hest just hit him with a big stick.

Hi al, I have my fingers crossed for you.

HesterShaw Mon 22-Apr-13 18:48:51

Me too. That job sounds like an improvement.

I always thought I might have stayed in teaching if I'd been able to find a job in a lovely school. The best of British.

CaptainMoll Mon 22-Apr-13 19:05:59

<hands Hest a mighty barge poke for the walloping>
<crosses fingers for Alwyn>
Thanks for the not-menkulling, Twink. I feel remarkably calm about it tbh. I think it's cos I have no symptoms beyond higher temps, which meant something until I woke up with tonsillitis. I've now decided its just me being under the weather, but will dutifully pee on the old queens face on Friday anyway, just for larks.

CaptainMoll Mon 22-Apr-13 19:06:24

* barge POLE

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 22-Apr-13 20:11:40

Keeping everything crossed for the fivers on Friday. Otherwise I am knackered and sleepy...

Northey Mon 22-Apr-13 20:12:25

Arf at peeing on the old queen's face. And i speak as one quite fond of the monarchy. Can POTOQF be our new acronym? I sometimes worry we are losing our impenetrability.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now