confused about coming off pill and whata happening

(30 Posts)
hec85 Wed 17-Apr-13 23:57:26

Totally new to this but I need advice.
Came off microgion over 3 months ago. After being on it for 14 yrs with a couple of 6 months breaks. I had a with drawal bleed. Then perfect 28 days to another bleed which lasted 2 days. Then another 28 days to a 1 day bleed. Then 28 days to a 2 week bleed. Now I am 36 days and nothing. I'm not pregnant so tests say.
I have wanted kids since I was young and my husband has just agreed. Stupidly I never knew the pill could muck u up badly.

Any in site to what happening would be great. I am embarrassed to go to drs as I went when I had bled for 2 weeks as I didn't know coming offpill could do this.

On a side note I am a bit of a hypocondriac but I think my hair at the front of my head has got thinner and I have got black hairs growing on my chin?

Advice and reasurance would be great.
Thank you in advance.

Zumbasmyfave Sun 12-May-13 18:37:07

Hi all! Thought I'd share too!

I've been in a similar situation myself.. I'm 28 years old and came off Marvellon in November 2012 after 14years. Had a withdrawal bleed and nothing since :-( I'm not pregnant and it's really been worrying me.

I went to the Drs last week about it and they are going to do some blood tests to check my hormones etc are OK. They're also gonna do a scan to look at my ovaries.

He told me it could take a while for things to get back to normal and I have had the occasional 'twinge' which felt like a period coming but still nothing!

Hopefully it's all ok and will kick in soon but I'm glad I've raised my concerns.

HTH

deliasmithy Sat 11-May-13 21:51:45

I had 63 days before af when I came off cerazette.
Ive had 11 years on and off with various pills and mini pills. Its been educational finding out how crap periods are!

GnomieGrace Sat 11-May-13 20:12:32

Hi, I'm hoping to come off Cerazette in the next couple of days, before Cera which I've been on for about 4 years I tried Yasmin, and before that was on mycrogynon but whenever I had a break would have very heavy and painful AF, she made her visits known! All together 10 years of the pill in one form or another, I'll keep you posted on how I get on! I am expecting about 6-8 months of a rollercoaster ride! hmm

sparkle9 Thu 09-May-13 21:15:24

CD53 and then AF. At least it finally came. So that's one cycle of 44 days and one of 53. Here's hoping the next one is a bit shorter!

roozocheeks Thu 02-May-13 19:29:01

I have been lucky that had understanding gp. At 7 months no AF had bloods taken which showed no abnormalities, then ultrasound at ten months which showed bulky right ovary(?). A 6/7 week cycle isn't unusual for me so not too bothered that am on day cd34 other than no idea when(if) I'm ovulating..

sparkle9 Thu 02-May-13 19:04:56

Thanks strangeglue. I'm actually on CD47 now (posted slightly incorrectly yesterday!). Wondering when I should start to worry! My temperature has risen over the past few days but OPKs have all been negative. So maybe AF is on the way but ovulation just hasn't happened??!

StrangeGlue Thu 02-May-13 18:37:55

This is normal and doesn't mean anything is messed up, your body is just adapting. After three cycles you should be able to start ttc and there aren't risks if you get pregnant before then.

If you're worried just go to the gp you don't need to wait for 6 months at all and it'll put you'd mind at rest.

I had very long cycles (45 days between bleeds) between coming off cyliest and getting pregnant with dd. long cycles don't interfere with your fertility.

Anyway, good luck and go to the gp if you need reassurance.

K8eee Thu 02-May-13 18:28:19

I'm on cd19 and think I'm ovulating or already have I'm not too sure :-/ still trying to grasp how my cycles are working out. Cm has changed but does it get watery before or after the egg makes its way down the Fallopian tube? Hope you girlies get some answers soon! Xx

gillywillywoo Thu 02-May-13 12:55:46

Oooooh nice.
Never done yoga but I feel like I really need to start exercising more... Feeling a bit tubby at the moment blush

Shift work doesn't help though... Marks it hard to join classes etc.

Working nightshifts tonight and tomorrow.... Sometimes that seems to bring on AF!

DisneyDiva87 Thu 02-May-13 12:50:21

I'm off to yoga to see if exercise can bring on AF.

gillywillywoo Thu 02-May-13 11:31:44

Now on cd38.

What fun!

DisneyDiva87 Thu 02-May-13 08:34:04

CD24 for me. I'm very aware of my womb down there can feel it all the time which I can't say I've ever been able to do before.

mrscookie78 Wed 01-May-13 19:31:14

I've been lurking on this thread, I'm on day 38confused

sparkle9 Wed 01-May-13 19:27:34

CD45 and no sign of AF yet...

DisneyDiva87 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:30:53

Not tmi at all It's good to know and at least I am prepared! I'm going to Florida in a week and a half, I better not get my murderous AF while I'm away! Although if I've still had nothing before I go I will do a test (fx!) and make sure I carry clean pants and shorts everywhere I go. Just in case.

K8eee Mon 29-Apr-13 19:49:33

Ah I'm so glad I have found lots of other desperate mums to be! Very similar situation to you Disney. Came off cerazette in march and after reading up about it I scared myself a little. After stopping af came along after a week, lasted a week and VERY light. The a 35 day cycle and boom! I'm hit with what can only be described as a kick in the gut and what looked like I had murdered someone when I went to the toilet (ha sorry if tmi (too much information)) now think I'm getting to that ovulating stage but can't be arsed with opks and charting bbt. Trying not to stress over it smile although I have got myself a UTI (urinary tract infection) from too much sex hmm

DisneyDiva87 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:42:05

I just came of cerazette (3 weeks ago). I have only been on it about a year as I was diagnosed with migraines so had to come off yasmin which I have been on for years and dianette before that. Been hearing some horror stories about cerazette so keeping my fingers crossed that things will go smoothly since I was only on it a short(ish) time.

If I had known it could take so long I would have come off it earlier or just not bothered starting cerazette and stopped the pill entirely when the Dr said I had to change

roozocheeks Sun 28-Apr-13 19:43:50

Hi all, just wanted to join in as I am in same position.
Came off microgynon march2012, had three normal AF's then nothing for 10 months until arrived in april with no warning! Currently in day 30 of this cycle with no idea of when next AF due...fingers crossed body will sort itself out soon...

sparkle9 Thu 25-Apr-13 19:16:29

I feel your pain hec. I'm on CD40 now. BFN also.

hec85 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:13:42

This reassures me that I am not alone but still just wish my body would sort itself out so I can get pregnant! Now on CD 43 and had bfn just started temp chart so we will see. Thanks guys

LouisaJF Fri 19-Apr-13 22:49:25

Your system has to do a lot of settling when you come off the pill so this is not unusual.

I was on Microgynon for 13 years. It took 3 months for my system to settle and I was pregnant 3 months after that.

Try not to panic. Everyone is different and it will take time to flush the pill out of your system.

gillywillywoo Fri 19-Apr-13 22:43:34

Oh moomoo I was on yasmin for 10 years.... Just wanna get back to "normal" ASAP.

gillywillywoo Fri 19-Apr-13 22:42:58

Ok sparkle smile

X

MooMooSkit Fri 19-Apr-13 21:08:12

Hi the GP won't do much, it can take 6 months ish for your body to get back into a normal pattern after coming off the pill (so my gp told me anyway)

I've just come off yasmin to (though i was on the same one as you before and fell pregnant within 3 months) I would give it a while before going the GP as they will tell you the 6 month thing and won't be too concerned for a while.

HTH.

sparkle9 Fri 19-Apr-13 21:03:52

I've put this thread on my 'watch' list so that I can find it again. I'll come back and update if you will too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now