My cycle is only between 20-25 days long. I'm fucked aren't i?

(15 Posts)
birdsofshore Mon 08-Apr-13 19:10:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twentythirteen Mon 08-Apr-13 18:56:06

I agree with the others, what matters is when you ovulate and that you have a long enough luteal phase. opks should give you the information you need. Also your GP can do blood tests to make sure you're ovulating. I have concieved when getitng a positive opk on cd10 and my af's can be as short as 24, routinely 16 days long. Have you tried Bvits to lengthen your luteal phase? Good luck!

PuppyMummy Mon 08-Apr-13 08:02:47

I have asked our gp and then the fertility doctor same question, its not an issue.

my cycles are 22-26 days, although seems to have settled at 24 days recently. both said it won't be causing a problem. it does also mean u get more goes over a year!

may be worth being aware that with a shorter cycle u may ovulate 'early' I seem to ovulate on cd10/11...

Soupa Sun 07-Apr-13 23:57:14

Mine is 20/21, no problems here... Have always thought it gave me more chances although I take a few days passed missed period to test positive.

OrangeLily Sun 07-Apr-13 23:53:56

It may actually be a good thing as it gives your more chances!! As long as the window between ovulation and your period is long enough!

In comparison to me where my cycle is somewhere in the 40s of days and has gone as high as 60 days. 4 cycles for me is like 6 months at least!

Sunnysummer Sun 07-Apr-13 22:18:41

Absolutely do-able, don't worry yet! I've got a 21 day cycle, but not at the moment, as am 36 weeks pregnant smile

It took us 8 months (and actually conceived twice in this time, as had an unrelated mmc midway through). Ovulation sticks definitely helped, especially as some months I still had the end of my period at ovulation time... A bit gruesome for some, but we have proof that you can still conceive in these cycles!

Good luck, and hope you have lots of fun in the meantime wink

madonnawhore Sun 07-Apr-13 22:02:27

Oh yeah, got some ovulation pee sticks so will try those this month. Fingers crossed it's okay.

madonnawhore Sun 07-Apr-13 22:01:49

Thanks guys. Am about to start cycle four, so we've been trying for no time at all really. Rationally I know that. But I had a miscarriage last year (totally unplanned delightful surprise pregnancy followed very quickly by harrowing grief and shitness). So I am probably way too highly strung and panicky for my own good.

I'm trying to relax and just enjoy the copious amounts of brilliant sex I'm having with DP :D But once a week I crack and post a deranged thread on here. And then everyone tells me to STFU (with love).

Thanks for the reassurance!

NomNomDePlum Sun 07-Apr-13 22:01:00

the length of your cycle is unimportant, you just need at least 10 days between ovulation and the start of your next cycle. doc if less. good luck.

BuggedByJake Sun 07-Apr-13 21:54:17

Bloody auto correct. of it as a bad thing. short cycle.

Didn't matter with mine either so don't panic and good luck.

BuggedByJake Sun 07-Apr-13 21:52:12

I never thought if it as a bad thing. Are you having trouble conceiving? I have a shirt cycle & conceived within two months with both pregnancies.
Hth.

BoundandRebound Sun 07-Apr-13 21:51:09

It doesn't matter how long your cycle is but when you ovulate within it so use the ovulation predictor kits for a few months and see. So long as you have 10 days from ovulation to start of next period there's nothing to worry about on that score

Jbck Sun 07-Apr-13 21:49:35

I conceived DD2 with a cycle of 23/24 days first go and over 40 so these things do happen. Fingers crossed for you!

madonnawhore Sun 07-Apr-13 21:45:58

Very short cycle. Ranges from 23-25 days. Last month it was randomly only 19 days.

I'm in trouble huh?

Should I go to the docs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now