TTC after MC - nice people in crap times, full of posifrickingtivity

(983 Posts)
WillSantaComeAgain Tue 02-Apr-13 13:49:18

Welcome aboard ladies (though obviously sorry you have to be here). We're a friendly bunch so come in and plump up a cushion for POAS Fridays and lots of posifrickingtivity. With a few (gentle) fish slaps thrown in for good measure.

GardenWorm Mon 29-Apr-13 14:39:35

Awesome tins get down the Drs and see if there's anything extra they could look at doing in the early stages, (weren't you mid tests? Or am I thinking of someone else?) extra folic or asprin or something?!

Wow tins - amazing news!! Massive congrats!!!!! Xxx

BirdsDoIt Mon 29-Apr-13 15:04:40

Sneakily checking mumsnet on phone from work - and yay! Am glad I did! tins that's wonderful news! Congratulations and keeping all fingers crossed for you!

Fingers crossed for a 2014 baby for all of us...maybe January is a bit optimistic for me personally as i haven't had even had first af yet but as someone said, a year away from now would be a lovely time to have a baby...

sapphire good luck with your run! I'm very excited that I think we've found a great holiday for July which wouldn't have to be binned if by a miracle I do get pregnant in the next few months - a swimtrek holiday somewhere in the sun - so am going to have to start doing some swimming training to prep for 4km of swimming a day! Eek! But really pleased to have that to focus on actually, to keep myself busy and active.

fod book that dirty weekend away this week! x

Ps sorry for exclamation mark overdose

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 15:13:29

Emki this should be 3rd AF. I POAS this morning, and there may have been a faint line.--PSE again!-- If AF doesnt kick in, I will do my last 1st response tomorrow morning. TBH I think Im just kidding myself, and this is just a WTF cycle. The nausea and stuff I put down to 5:2. I refuse to hav

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 15:19:03

...have even the slightest whiff of optimism, so the only way is up!

BakingTins That is FANTASTIC! I am really pleased for you. As Thunder says, take each day as it comes. Dont worry about tomorrow, or next week, just aim for the end of each day. We are all here for you, holding your hand really tightly! {{hug}}

Emki Mon 29-Apr-13 18:22:14

Bakingtins this is very exciting xxxxx

saggy everything crossed for you xxxx

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 18:25:48

Well I PO my last FR. BFN. I give up. It's just a WTF cycle. It can WTFOFF now.

Emki Mon 29-Apr-13 18:38:30

Oh saggy! Rubbish! Just rubbish!!! Rubbish!!! Rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish! Xxx

fod27 Mon 29-Apr-13 19:42:58

tins!!!!! fandabbydozey!!!!!!! Dead chuffed for you huni, as my AF has arrived in bucket loads! You can have my posifrickintivity I won't be needing it for a couple of weeks
BDI I'm on it ;)

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 21:12:49

"fandabbydozy" made me PMSL! grin it sums the situation up perfectly though! wink

fod27 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:29:17

I aim to please smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 29-Apr-13 22:37:09

You will forever look like Wee Jimmy Cranky in my head now Fod! grin

saggy, arse.

Not saying youve got a saggy arse, but that this wtf is totally crap you poor thing. Time to treat yourself a bit?

Morning everyone else, how's it going? The sun is out- hooray!

End of rather pointless post.

Sal1977 Tue 30-Apr-13 08:35:19

AF #1 has just about left the building with my boot up her arse so let the shagathon commence can't really be arsed but hey ho!!

Plymouth is looking glorious this morning, where do you lovely lot reside? X

Sal1977 Tue 30-Apr-13 08:46:05

In other news, I am SO F*cking ANGRY!!!!

I've been doing that 5:2 diet for a week and a half and not lost an ounce!!!! I've been so hungry all week, walking to work, started a new job where I'm on my feet rather than my big fat arse all day and NADA!

I get married in 6 weeks and I'm nearly a stone heavier than I was when I fell pregnant with no pissing baby or bump to show for it.

I could honestly ball my eyes out, what a waste of time!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 30-Apr-13 08:57:29

Do you feel or look thinner though? My fat bits don't look much smaller but definitely feel squishier! Have you been eating more on normal days? The principle is good, if you eat 4000+ less calories a week, something has to happen! Also, I know I'm daft, but I don't ever weigh myself. Weight can fluctuate a lot in the course of a day. When I was a compulsive weigher years ago, there could be 2 or 3 pounds difference in a day! Try it for another couple of weeks, don't weigh and just see if your clothes get looser. Maybe measure bust, waist, hips and thighs instead of using the scales and see if you are shrinking. Also, if you are exercising, you may be building muscle, which weighs more than fat.

Oh sal that sucks. Same happened to me after mc, it's like another slap in the face isn't it? It must just be hormones so you can't beat yourself up about it.

On other news- married in 6 weeks?! That is so lovely and exciting! Are you nervous/stressed about it?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 30-Apr-13 09:00:10

Can you tell I have done a LOT of diets! grin
On a less cheerful note, I have to get out of bed now and go find out what AF is playing at today. Went back to nothing yesterday. confused

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 30-Apr-13 09:11:13

sal I know how you feel about the weight gain. I managed to gain a whooping 5kg in my 12 weeks before mc. (Google says it's 0.8 stones). DH is being really nice and told me it's the pregnancy hormone that makes me eat all day. And because there's no baby to take the calories off me to grow, it's all gone to my tum and bum. And if it takes 8 weeks to gain that 5kg, then it'll take 8 weeks to return to before. I've heard really good results with the 5:2 diet. Hopefully it'll work for you as well.

No good news from me today.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 30-Apr-13 09:14:19

CHRIST! Don't say that! It's taken me 17 years to get this fat! confused sad grin

alyant79 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:17:47

oh my goodness tins, good work you! Awesome super-sperm/egg ability on display grin

sal give it a bit more time, a week and a bit isn't very long. Also as saggy points out, muscle weighs more than fat. I bet you LOOK slimmer.

I'm feeling a bit down today, even though logically i didn't want to get pg this month. It doesn't make any sense, but I can't help feeling that I've failed sad. With both my previous pregnancies we got pg on the first go... Why not this time? Stupid fucking miscarriage.

alyant79 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:20:45

OLTT I had exactly the same: I put on about 4kg in the 12 weeks until mmc diagnosed. I didn't lose anything in the first 4 weeks, which I think was because it turned out that I STILL had retained products. But as soon as they were gone the weight just fell off (despite copious amounts of comfort eating). Still probably carrying an extra 1kg but that's not too bad.

GuffSmuggler Tue 30-Apr-13 09:31:03

Oooo that is exciting tins, hoping for a strong line soon - report back ASAP! That is just what this thread needs some more BFPs to keep everyone going.

Agree with the rants about weight gain and having nothing to show for it, I was ignorantly eating "for 2" for 12 sodding weeks and now need to lose it. Gahhhh!

Well the good news here is that my first AF has showed up since the ERPC. This will be the one and only time in the foreseeable future I will be pleased to see it. Hopefully that means my malfunctioning body is working again.

I'm not ready to go down the OPK route yet I don't think, so just going to work out the potential ov dates this month and shag away.....

Hope everyone else is feeling a bit better today x

Morning ladies!!

I too have gained a good half a stone since finding out I was pregnant and then the miscarriage happening. Problem is i am a classic comfort eater so if I feel down I reach for the chocolate - I am trying really hard to watch what I am eating and do more exercise.

I am due AF tomorrow but there are no signs of her yet - there are also no signs of pregnancy either so I don't know what to think. I have had back ache on and off since 7dpo (ish) and I have tons of white cm ( sorry for tmi). I did POAS yesterday and bfn but hubby said that its probably too early :-( even though AF doesn't feel like she arriving I equally don't feel pregnant :-( I'm worried its a long wtf cycle xx

alyant79 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:26:03

mummy i really hope that you are pg! That would be exciting.

Great news guff

birds!!!!! i just looked up swim trek holidays and they look AMAZING! I soooo want to do one. Not practical with an almost 2 yo though sad.
I am sooooooooo jealous
We are thinking of doing a cycle tour somewhere in France: DD can get pulled behind us in a bike trailer. Also something that won't have to be cancelled if i get pg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now