TTC after MC - nice people in crap times, full of posifrickingtivity

(983 Posts)
WillSantaComeAgain Tue 02-Apr-13 13:49:18

Welcome aboard ladies (though obviously sorry you have to be here). We're a friendly bunch so come in and plump up a cushion for POAS Fridays and lots of posifrickingtivity. With a few (gentle) fish slaps thrown in for good measure.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 17-Apr-13 22:14:44

Mature isnt a word I would use for myself!
I prefer 'perfectly ripe'! grin

Emki Wed 17-Apr-13 22:23:40

We've got lots of time - some of my friends have only just started ttc and they are even older than me!!!!!

We've been very unlucky and it will happen!!! Posifrickingtivity to go to bed on - I recommend you all have a massage- the one I had today has made me feel a bit brighter xxx

Thanks for the recommendation chocolate - I will get some pre-seed if it doesn't work this cycle xx

alyant79 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:46:18

Welcome OLTT, but sorry that you're here. The body not realising that it's only growing an empty sac phenomenon seems to be a common one. I've decided that it means my uterus is really really good at being pregnant, and is just waiting for the perfect little embryo to come along.

Didn't dtd last night - instead I had a good cry on DH's chest. I think it was good to remind him that on the outside I seem to be doing super well, inside I'm still a bit messed up. Anyway I decided that I'm going to do my best to be super chilled about the whole ttc thing for a few months - if nothing has happened by then we will try and be a bit more proactive (both with DD and MMC got pg first try, so fingers crossed). this will never happen and I am going to go CRAZY each month. I already hate this plan and wish we had DTD
ARGH!!

In other news watched the sewing bee show last night. I'm going for Lauren. I like how she melts under pressure. Reminds me of me

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 18-Apr-13 09:00:18

Thanks everyone, you are making me laugh. Cheers to all of us perfectly riped ladies wine.

mummy I used concieve plus. It's basically the same as preseed but without the syringe.

The empty sac is giving me stomach cramps today. Maybe my body has finally got the agenda. Or it could be pregnancy related constipation angry

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 18-Apr-13 09:05:32

Sitting in the office, first thing I saw on fb is
http://kgajos.eecs.harvard.edu/ag/

It tries to guess your age from how fast and accurate you click your mouse on the dots on the screen. Supposedly it's a test of motor skills. It thinks I'm 29! I need something to cheer me up grin.

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 18-Apr-13 09:06:20

It's someone's research at harvard btw.

alyant79 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:16:20

OLTT I just did the test too and it also thinks that I'm 29 (I'm 34). Suspicious?
Or are we both just fantastically awesome at clicking dots?

Boo to the stomach cramps

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 18-Apr-13 09:25:31

I think I'll stick to the theory we are just fantastically agile grin.

I am 30 according to the test (am 34 really)- must be slower than you gals!

Hi OLTT and welcome. Sorry you're here and going through such a shitty time. I had a mmc and my body clearly didn't have a clue it hadn't worked out. Plonker.

So who is poas tomorrow? I could but it's v unlikely I'll get a bfp. And then if I did I'd be really scared. So maybe I'll hide from it all and wait it out. Brave, me.

alyant79 Thu 18-Apr-13 12:19:55

POAS thunder, POAS! You can do it.

WillSantaComeAgain Thu 18-Apr-13 12:52:31

I'll be there with you thunder (not literally, obviously, though if you really want to, you can pop round at 6am tomorrow and watch me fumble and get wee everywhere) (you'd think after all this effort I would have learnt HOW to POAS by now!!) How many DPO are you? I'm terrified of either result, to be honest.

OLTT - another one with a stupid body here. And I put on loads of weight round the middle even though there was nothing there. (The only bonus was, that within 3 weeks of ERPC I had lost at least an inch round the waist despite stuffing my face with red wine, blue cheese and copious amounts of ice cream during the recovery period.)

Ok let's do it santa! It will be good to know either way and there are positives in not getting a bfp this month while my body settles down so no pity if it's a bfn please!

fod27 Thu 18-Apr-13 13:00:12

Sometimes I hate my job! Today I managed to encounter one student flaunting her newborn about in the canteen and another thrust her 12 week scan picture under my nose! I couldn't be pleased for her I just couldn't find it in me...am I a bad person?!

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 18-Apr-13 13:07:16

No fod that's why I hate fb too. I get so many newborns, scan pictures and bumps on my feed, it's not funny.

Fod I'm with you hun - there seems to be scan pictures all over Facebook at the moment - there were 2 on my news feed yesterday!! If one of my friends comments on one of their friends pics I see it - even if I'm not friends with them so there is literally no getting away from them :-( x

Thunder and Santa - good luck for tomorrow - fingers crossed for some more BFPs x

CamomileHoneyVanilla Thu 18-Apr-13 14:19:00

Hello folks.

Long time no speak. I've not been on here for a little while as off trying to distract myself from the whole process. However today I went to the gp to find out more about this bicornuate uterus thing I had diagnosed at the scan that uncovered the mmc. Being referred to gyaenecology for further tests to ascertain how problematic its going to be for carrying a little'un. GP made me worry more than Dr Google did (which is quite unusual!) by saying most women with this problem have a significant difficulty carrying a child to term. Sigh. Feel a little despondent and not really sure whether to TTC now or not. Did last month (bfn), haven't this month (though we're careless once so will still no doubt poas next Fri praying for a miracle).

Need a posifrickintivity slap pls.

CamomileHoneyVanilla Thu 18-Apr-13 14:20:05

I mean TTC till after we find out the results of tests, not ever. Not that negative!

CamomileHoneyVanilla Thu 18-Apr-13 14:41:25

Sorry, just reflected on my very me me me post. I'm at work so not able to catch up on how everyone is till I get home later but hope people are generally doing well.

alyant79 Thu 18-Apr-13 16:06:44

Chin up cam. it's rare for doc to be less positive than Dr google, which means there must be loads of good stories out there, and soon you can be one of them smile
i reckon you should ttc, but not actively. ie have lots of sex if you feel like it, but don't go crazy. easier said than done

don't worry about the me me me, how could you ever get posifrickentivity vibes otherwise??

fod totally with you. wandering around town for lunch today I had a random bump accidentally shoved in my face. Nearly punched the poor woman. So not her fault. i'm such a bitch

Hi cam sorry about your docs visit- not good. If I were you I'd not try not to ttc but just take the pressure off iyswim? Do you know when you'll get those other tests done? Hope referral comes through quickly.

santa I'm chickening out again. I'll be 13 or 14dpo tomorrow so af should be due tomorrow or sat.

fod27 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:26:29

I feel the same! I want to shout and scream at them...especially as they are 17 and can't care for themselves....nearly bollocked her for something unrelated just because I wanted to be spiteful!....shitty shittty world!

I'm due AF in ten days and now im counting down the days so I can test again....this is mental torture grrrrr

jmf294 Fri 19-Apr-13 06:24:56

Good luck to all those POAS today xxx

WillSantaComeAgain Fri 19-Apr-13 06:46:35

BFN- so thats bye bye to a 2013 baby and hello another month of carefree non-pregnant fun

Hey santa sorry about the bfn. You were terrified of either result how are you doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now