Excellent (or should that be eggcellent?) egg buddies! Anyone having IVF/ICSI in April/May/June 2013 come and join us!

(1000 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 15:35:07

We've almost filled the second thread so here is a new one, so we can carry on chatting! Threads #1 and #2 saw some stunning successes and some sad outcomes. We'll have more of the former and less of the latter on thread #3 please!

All comers welcome. I found it very useful to be with people going through the same thing when I did my first cycle, so if you would like to join us, please come on in!

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 16:56:30

Shit, tame, I'm bamboozled. I always suspected these fecking vits were a buttock-load of bullshit. Never you mind...ICSI is the way forward. ICSI is the sacred cow of IVF! <zealous>

NookNook, are you aware we have a member here called Nokkie? I hope we don't get the two of you mixed up 'cos we call her slapper allsorts of profane names. Good luck with number three. Do you have a clue as to what went wrong the last two times? Did you get any feedback? How old are you and is there anything else you think might interest us about you like criminal record/sex with celebrities/unusual markings wink

buzzybee123 Mon 13-May-13 16:59:48

nooknook welcome yes others will join i'm sure, its a good thread, lots of support and laughs along with the tears

jewcy grin at the calling out Tiger, Barry was over weight but not a drinker or smoker, he then got all healthy shifted alot of weight about 15 + kilos, then became too thin, so I made him gain 3 kilos and force fed him a concoction of stuff like L'arginne, macca powder, he never had great SA, he stopped all the pills in the new year as a clinic we went to said he was better off just taking a multi vit, Barry is still a bit on thin side but eats very healthily exercises regularly gets enough sleep hmm so not sure why it was so disastrous this time, but to have 99.5% crap sperm, I think we did very well to get 3 blastos

who is the FF lady getting her blood test done with?? I will test by poas and if by a small miracle it is a BFP then will ask my GP to give me a blood test, she is very restrained to wait unless she is pretty sure that it has worked

ScarlettInSpace Mon 13-May-13 17:10:07

buzzy what is this drug free utopia you speak of??? I would be happy not to be taking a gazillion supplements a day grin

jewcy I seem to remember you joined just as I took my sore boobs and left grin I'm thinking it would be sods law if after everything we went through we got lucky on IUI! Donor eggs I just can't get my head round - my OH has 2 kids from his previous relationship so it feels like donor egg would just be the same really if only his ex had as much involvement in our lives as a donor. My AMH last summer was 4.22, as long as I have my own eggs I want to keep trying with them...

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 17:22:53

Buzzy, do you reckon FF lady is bullshitting and has secretly tested? <fucking prick tease>

Scarlett, my AMH last month was 5.5 and my FSH this year has been 6.5. I've lost faith in my own eggs, though, since the mmc last year. The rage I felt at being tricked into thinking my baby was still alive at eleven weeks felt insurmountable. I'm going with donor egg not just for the excellent success rates for pregnancy but also to avoid a miscarriage. I can't take the pain and, at 42, the rates of having one are horribly high sad

EuroShaggleton Mon 13-May-13 17:24:24

Welcome nook. Let's hope it is third time lucky for you.

jewcy grin at the Tiger comment. His ex-wife's sister works in my building. <extremely tenuous claim to fame>

Tame I think on the basis of that, I shall give up nagging Mr euro to take his vits...

buzz do you think it might be worth suggesting to Barry that he gets checked out? Mr euro's deteriorating numbers have worried me for a while and eventually prompted him to get prostate and urinary tests done. I hope you don't mind me mentioning this. I'm sure you have enough to think about at the moment!

MotorcycleMama Mon 13-May-13 18:20:59

Hi wish - I'm doing the 5:2 diet and think it is pretty effective and do-able. It has helped me get to the weight I am most comfortable with, after failing to achieve this by other means up to now. The 'fast' days are a bit of an endurance, but with sensible planning and nutrition, they're no big problem. And they are over pretty quickly too. As soon as I start on a drug protocol (I'm having DE IVF) and active treatment, I will stop dieting though, as that seems sensible.
Welcome nooknook this is a great gang here, supportive, funny and downright naughty most of the time. Good luck with try no 3!
Jewcy good news re your FF mate/s and their BFPs! Hope for us all!
13 eggs tame!! That's great news. Keep us posted on their progress.
everyone else hello!
AFM I had a call from the clinic today with details of a very suitable sounding donor, so once I have passed it by Mr Motor (he has no grounds to say no, apart from that he's decided he doesn't want kids hmm) I will say yes to this one! At last I will be able to actually do something and have some sort of timetable.

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 18:22:17

Oh dear. My Fertility 'Friend' did an HPT after the GP told her there's been a mix-up with her blood test - negative. It makes my heart sink, it really does. Poor girl sad

Buzzy, I just know yours will be positive <Mystic Meg>

Euro, Erin NordGurning's sister? <irrationally impressed>

It'sAHard*Nokk*Life..ForUs,It'sAHard*Nokk*Life..ForUs! How art thou today? Still knicker-checking? It's horrid, horrid, horrid all that...but you will be fine. You're going to be a mum!! smile

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 18:23:46

Aargh! Your name didn't work sad

Try again: It'sAHard*Nok*LifeForUs...

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 18:24:03

Aaaaargh! Fuck off angry

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 18:33:24

Motor! That's such good news! I loved knowing there was a specific lady out there being tortured drugged prepared for MY baby. Be firm with the hubster and don't expect him to do cartwheels. Prepare yourself. You'll be fine x

MotorcycleMama Mon 13-May-13 19:38:21

Well jewcy I'm paying for said lady's IVF in return for half of her young pretty eggs, so I don't feel bad! I'm just carrying on regardless in terms of DH. I've tried to talk and listen and understand, but it's not working. He doesn't want to give up on the project (or at least, he realises that life wouldn't be worth living if he suggested that we did) so I just plough on - he'll come around.
how are you anyway?

buzzybee123 Mon 13-May-13 20:03:36

jewcy they should do her a blood test again, a cock up in these circumstances is not acceptable, also HPT tests are not all that, I know another lady who got a negative on a HPT and the had a blood test that was poistive, my last pregnancy I tested and got a 1-2 weeks on the digi, went to GP and did one of their cheapies and it was neg, she sent me for a blood test that was hcg of 28. Its usually best to pee in the morning

euro I too am suitable impressed with the famous connection

motor wahoo to finding a donor, you might need to find a polite but firm way to tell Mr M to man up, this is a journey and you need to support each other through it,

euro No of course I don't mind smile For us I don't think it is worth it, as my eggs are not that great we don't really stand a chance of natural conception, Geeta at Create said we wouldn't manage it without IVF and Reprofit suggested DE over my own, they were both made based on Barrys better SA results and before I had my fertility MOT. I also don't really want to have to put either us through anymore investigations, this is it for us, even if he said yes, we could only have so much done on the NHS and we can't afford anymore private treatment.
We are both happy to start with adoption now, I feel ready to move on with life, this has consumed me for too long, I want to be me again, not the woman who spends each month worrying obsessing about every twinge and symptom.
I am very appreciative of what I have, an amazing husband, good job, roof over my head, supportive friends and family, I feel complete in myself, a child would be amazing but would not complete me as a person but as us as a family unit, if that makes sense. Barry has had alot of other things going on and has been so amazing over the last two years, he needs to concentrate on himself now.

Nokkie73 Mon 13-May-13 20:18:40

jewcieeee the fact that you getting your gusset into a right old twist because you can't post my bastardised tag-name is very amusing indeed. I have had the day off and taken my old Ma to the National Gallery and to The Ivy for a late lunch/early dinner (check me out with my fancy London ways). Celeb spot was Kirsty from Corrie. It took my mind off the fact that I have very few (if any) symptoms and my boobs are only sore because I am prodding them every five fecking minutes. How are you today ? Have you digested that jam roll poly yet ?

nooknook welcome ! Tell us your storeeeeeeeee.....

scarlett lovely to see you back around here gorgeous girl. Are you going to stick around ? I hope so. Xx

motor so it's all going to kick-off for you now ! That's very exciting indeed. Mr Motor will come along, even if he has to be dragged there at the start. You sound a bit more positive - is that right ?

I have to check back to finish this post.....

Nokkie73 Mon 13-May-13 20:22:58

tame 13 eggs is brilliant. Well done ! I'd be very pleased if I were you. X

buzz one on ice ? Thank god for that. Am really pleased for you. At least you have options. X

tametortie Mon 13-May-13 20:48:02

I am pleased. Very good result.

Just nervous about tomorrows phone call now. Once you have had a failed fertilisation, this phone call becomes a whole new ball game!!

Motor- glad you have a donor. Mr. Motor needs to play ball and take part!

Euro- congrats on af coming ready for cycle 2! Fingers crossed.

Your words have all been so kind. I need lots of reassurance at the mo. DH is sick of reassuring me that the ovitrelle injection did indeed go in my leg. I can't imagine a 'no mature eggs' phone call. It would tip me over the fucking edge.

Lots of tears here tonight. Curled up in bed with DD doing where's wally for some light relief. She is my reason to keep going.

MotorcycleMama Mon 13-May-13 20:50:49

Good for you buzzy - it takes real strength to move on from the fertility treatment treadmill. I hope and pray that I will be as resolute and sensible as you if we don't succeed within our given limits (£*&%£$ and two tries in case you're wondering!) Anyway, what am I saying?? All the signs for you are great! Fingers crossed!!

twinklestar2 Mon 13-May-13 20:57:46

Brill news on the 13 eggs tame smile

buzzybee123 Mon 13-May-13 22:02:59

tame It is still a rollercoaster and so the tears will be normal, big hugs

MotorcycleMama Mon 13-May-13 22:12:28

tame It's an emotional business - I say that and I haven't even gone through treatment! We're all with you.

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 22:29:30

I'm in a really irritable mood tonight. If anyone fancies pizza for supper you're welcome to dine out on my face. Every time one zit goes another pustular fucker erupts. They're very sore, too. Can anyone explain why this is happening? I've always prided myself on my flawless skin sad

Motor, I keep forgetting there are women out there getting free IVF thanks to women like you.

Buzzy, that lady on FF has been told to ring the GP tomorrow morning when she'll get her proper blood result confused

Tame, you are being paranoid. I will repeat that in case you missed it: you are being paranoid. And you are perfectly entitled to feel this way after your first IVF ended in the manner it did. I can guarantee there will not be a repeat of that. I say this to everyone who comes here fretting about their second and third cycles of IVF. I totally understand previous cycles being like a millstone around the neck, but we are here to tell you that your fears are irrational and tomorrow will be good news x

Opportunity*Nokks*, what's occurring? It wasn't jam roly poly (I wish you would stop speed-reading!); it was a very pedestrian jam sponge. So there. I'm feeling a little anxious and sore (see above). Don't know where the anxiety hails from, unless my Fertility 'Friend's' BFN has given me the willies? I've been on a high during Buzzy's treatment and now I'm afraid sad

Nanight lovely girls, I'm so glad we're all here for each other x

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 22:35:35

Opportunity Nokks?

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 22:36:08

Aaaaaargh!!! Cock off! angry

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 22:37:33

'Prided'? <searches for noose>

buzzybee123 Mon 13-May-13 22:48:15

jewcy Can't help you on the spotty dotty look, I did find that after taking the decapatyl sp? that my skin did improve, I did change my face cream, perhaps its that new cream you were using.

Don't let what is happening on FF sway you, there could be a million reasons why it didn't work or she could get big surprise tomorrow morning and no matter what her results are they will have no bearing on yours, big hugs

Jewcy Mon 13-May-13 22:59:34

Buzzy! You clever girl! Yes, it must be the frankincense cream! Why didn't I think of that hmm That's twenty-three quid down the Swanee sad

Thanks for boxing my ears regarding FF and those big hugs are hackchewally very appreciated smile x

This thread is not accepting new messages.