Excellent (or should that be eggcellent?) egg buddies! Anyone having IVF/ICSI in April/May/June 2013 come and join us!

(1000 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 15:35:07

We've almost filled the second thread so here is a new one, so we can carry on chatting! Threads #1 and #2 saw some stunning successes and some sad outcomes. We'll have more of the former and less of the latter on thread #3 please!

All comers welcome. I found it very useful to be with people going through the same thing when I did my first cycle, so if you would like to join us, please come on in!

EuroShaggleton Fri 10-May-13 10:31:40

Hello all.

Nice of you to pop back and visit, shazz. I hope all is going well.

mejust I'm slightly ahead of you - just waiting for AF to arrive and then I'll be on to my second cycle. I'm doing natural IVF, so no downregging for me, just a trigger shot around 2 weeks after AF arrives to time EC.

buzz the train restaurant sounds like geek heaven. smile I love your laid back attitude to this cycle. When is ET?

resipsa Fri 10-May-13 15:07:32

To anyone wiser than me (that'll likely be all of you) - how do you cope with the last bit of 2ww without losing the plot or is the loss of same a given? Am now 6 days post-2 day transfer of 3 embies (I'm ancient not stupid!) and despite having been quite sane until today, am rapidly losing it. Have been P twice in last 3 years (1DD, 1m/c) and so thought I'd "know" by now but the bloody progesterone capsules are playing tricks on me...

EuroShaggleton Fri 10-May-13 15:46:29

Distraction... But some misplacing of the plot is a given.

Can you book yourself up for a busy weekend? If you get can through the weekend, you are not off the point where you might be able to test and get a meaningful result.

Good luck!

buzzybee123 Fri 10-May-13 16:26:04

shaz Brno would be nice for a long weekend, it is cheap but not set up for tourists especially english speaking ones but we have still managed,

jewcy did you have an injection like decaptyl or are you just taking progynova

mejust so sorry to hear about your dog, they come to mean so much to you, I did'nt like the DR I felt like I was in a bit of a haze and forgot things, where are you having your treatment

euro i'm usually such a control freak but I have to say LC has taught me that even if I am not in control things will not fall apart and that I need to trust others, the thing with DE IVF is I haven't really done much or contributed to it so I don't have much to worry about, I could find things to worry about i'm sure hmm

well tomorrow id ET day, i'm hoping my now famous five are ok, I have enjoyed being away but it feels like the slowest week of my life and I am ready to get back to the UK

noks how are you

mejust Fri 10-May-13 16:44:07

JEWSY,thanks yes im doing ivf egg share
euroshagglton,good luck with your cycle no horrible down reg for you hope you get BFP.
BUZZYBEE,yes i also get a bit confused with all the information to take in on the medications and things my treatment is at university hospital.
NOKKIE id like to say congratulations.
i havent quite got the hang of the site yet but ill get there

buzzybee123 Fri 10-May-13 16:51:28

mejust sorry as is UCH in london, I am in Brno, waiting for my DE transfer, i'm on a bit of a cocktail of drugs for my nk cells, I ahve to say I did sleep last night but have had weird progesterone dreams

mejust Fri 10-May-13 17:15:43

oh you poor thing atleast you got some sleep though not long for you and it will all be over and hopefully with BFP.whens your transfer?
I dont start injections untill friday but im really worried as it is alot of drugs they give you and 6 weeks seems forever,im at coventry hospital

buzzybee123 Fri 10-May-13 17:32:10

ah I won't lie the needle was fecking massive sad but it didn't hurt and the mixing wasn't too bad, I just felt out of sorts unable to remember things and unable to concentrate, you know the things you need to function day to day hmm but it will all be worth it when you hold your baby, sorry is this with your eggs, my ET is tomorrow morning eeek, my husband can sleep anywhere, anytime, lucky git, if we can help in any way just let us know

twinklestar2 Fri 10-May-13 19:24:10

there you are res! good luck love x

resipsa Fri 10-May-13 20:16:38

Hi winkle - been neglecting other thread so off there now!

EuroShaggleton Fri 10-May-13 20:24:03

Good luck for ET buzz! This time tomorrow you will be PUPO!

mejust Fri 10-May-13 20:41:41

buzz
good luck i hope you get lots of nice eggs tomorrow try and and relaxe if you can easier said than done i know.yes im using my eggs and egg sharing pcos stops me ovulating unless stimmed that was my problem,men hey nothing gets in the way of their shut eye,im sure you will be fine tomorrow and excited aswell no doubt,let me know how your transfer went and again fingers crossed

mejust Fri 10-May-13 20:45:22

buzz
sorry i just realised your having transfer tomorrow not ER how many are you thinking of transfering or are you waiting till last minute to decide ,good luck hope they stick

buzzybee123 Fri 10-May-13 21:05:05

euro thanks, I felt a bit anxious about it but what more can I do

justbe I plan to do two I think, although if I only have two then I am not sure, will have to wait and see what they suggest tomorrow

twinklestar2 Fri 10-May-13 21:12:10

good luck for tomorrow buzzy x

buzzybee123 Fri 10-May-13 21:24:14

thank you twinkle I feel I am going through the motions

sorry I meant justme in my last message

Jewcy Sat 11-May-13 01:28:01

Ugh. I feel wretched. I've woken up having hot sweats..<First World problems>

buzzy, I like the sound of that restaurant. Very kitsch. No to the injection you mentioned upthread; I do have plenty of injections in the pipeline but only when the transfer cycle starts at the end of May. Until then I am on these Cyclo-progynova pills and next week I introduce some progesterone capsules called Utrogestan. I haven't got the fucking foggiest what these drugs are actually for and I do wish someone could tell me. I know I'm on HRT but how does this fit in to the grand scheme of things? Am I currently downregging is what I want to know...?

euro, how is your pain? Hope you're o.k and not fretting too much.

resipsa, wow, three embies! Did you get chance to freeze one or have you banged 'em all in? How old are you? If we get four blastos on day five I want three putting back, too. Sorry I can't advise re 2ww torture - I have it all to come. Feel for you though, you sound really wound up in your post x

twinkle, how is your state of mind, love? Feeling any clearer headed?

buzzy, we are all rooting for you tomorrow (actually it's today I see from the clock) and wishing you the very best xx

MotorcycleMama Sat 11-May-13 08:30:41

Good luck buzzy !!
Sorry you're feeling ropey jewcy and I'm so glad it's not just me who hasn't got a clue what's what in the wonderful world of fertility treatment. I'm so worried as all I'm taking is pregnancy multivitamins, and everybody else is rattling on a whole cocktail of drugs. All the advice about supplements seems to be about optimising ovulation etc, and for me, that has become irrelevant as I am using DE. I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I hear otherwise. Hope you feel better soon!
Give us an update nokkie please!

resipsa Sat 11-May-13 09:13:07

Hi jewcy. Am 42. Feel ridiculous even posting it. Who am I trying to kid? Consequently have told no one about it (save DH, obvs) so no RL outlet. Every time someone says "how are you" or "what have you been up to", it's there on the tip of the tongue but never comes out...
No frosties. Only 3 fertilised so put all 3 back.

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 11:21:16

hello ladies i'm back and PUPO, all quick and painless, the clinic was nice and quiet and calm. I had a cry when I saw my babies on the screen, we have put to back, hoping for one or two to be frozen, will find out tomorrow,

i'm curious as to why some of you will put back 3, reprofit will only do two, which is fine for us.

jewcy it doesn't sound like you have DR, the progynova is to help thicken your lining, progesterone is to help your natural levels that you produce after ovulation, how many days will you have been on the progynova for. i'm on two progesterone bullets a day shock

motor I wouldn't worry about popping pills, as long as you take care of yourself, some clinics I have been to have just suggested taking a multi vit, I think its more down to each individual as to what you feel happy taking, right now i'm on vit d and aspirin for immunes and omega 3 and folic acid. I did take co enzyme q 10 for a while too.

respia wishing. you good luck, it does help to talk to people in rl about it, i'm a bit of an over sharer so alot of people know why I am in brno, I let peoople at work know as I felt it was only fair due to the drugs I was on and mood swings wink plus I like having their support but I suppose it does depend on where you work, my biggest support is most certainly online

euro any sign of the witch yet

Jewcy Sat 11-May-13 12:38:17

buzzy, how fabulous and utterly, utterly exciting. You're so cool about the whole thing, well done. I think you may be right about me not DR. Does that mean I'm not going to? Later on, my Cetrotide injections are £30 and I need four of 'em! Then there's a single Ovitrelle injection at £40 and then prednisolone, folic acid and more progynova. My coordinator at ReproG emailed me the prescriptions yesterday morning and I immediately emailed them to fertility2u but I've not even had an acknowledgement. Maybe because it's the weekend?

Anyway, sorry to waffle, buzzy, safe journey home and well done x

Motor, don't worry about not rattling. DE IVF takes a lot of the angst away about quality of eggs and such and I don't set a whole lot of store in supplements if your diet is good and varied. Your time will come to rattle!

Resipsa, don't you dare be ashamed of the Big Four Two - I hit that lovely number in three months smile How's your menkulling today? What've you got planned for the weekend? It is normal to go cuckoo, you know; you are allowed.

buzzy, ReproG will put three embies back if you are over 40. I would only put three back if there was at least one left over to freeze. I am working on the principle that three chances are better then two hmm

Still laughing at the Brno socks-sandals-beer-and-fags brigade grin

buzzybee123 Sat 11-May-13 15:49:39

smile jewcy if they canget your cycle in line with hers without DR then that is great, less drugs the better, i'm 40 but like the idea of being able to have a go at FET as we can't afford another cycle, twins is about all I could cope with too grin

I feel a bit removed from it all but ET was quick and painless, just make sure you have ID when you go to the clinic everytime as we didn't this morning blush
what day is EC for you, this whole town shuts down at 12 on a Saturday, when I get back i'll give you the names of some yummy restaurants and ice cream places.

I think we have very lucky with this cycle as my husbands sperm was pretty much useless so without ICSI I think it would have failed on day one, no more natural trying for us hmm it amazes me how much results can change and in a short time

just you wait till you are here and you will see what I mean, we went to the lake yesterday and there is a nudist beach today at breakfast a guy was wearing a onesie hmm

Jewcy Sat 11-May-13 16:21:11

buzzy, you have to stop making me squeal 'cos I just wee'd a bit. Are you yanking my chain? A onesie at breakfast?? Outrageous doesn't even cover it grin

I can't explain why I feel so comforted that you are out there and trailblazing for us Czech-DE-IVFers. It's lovely to know you are where I will be and that we'll go to the train restaurant and maybe the caves. Yes, please do fill me in on nice cheap places to eat and have fun.

I'm like you, Buzzy, in that everyone knows our plans. Facebookers don't know, simply because, if this doesn't work, I don't want to be killed by kindness. It's a bummer for people who love us, too, when this shit goes wrong. Saying that, I've told my hairdresser, the newsagent, the greengrocer, the Chinese chippy staff (who clearly did not understand), my landlord and our neighbours (because I want them to look after the cats when we fly out).

I'm thrilled to hear there's a nudist beach, it solves the problem of not having owt to wear grin

Do you remember my saying I was watching two girls like a hawk on the ReproG forum who are both PUPO? They are both due to test on Monday but one of them has reported she is pregnant! If the other one gets a positive too does that mean my 62% chance of success is affected? hmm grin hmm

Jewcy Sat 11-May-13 16:23:13

Bloody hell, I've just realised a onesie is not a mankini. I was imagining a man dressed like Borat at breakfast grin

Although a onesie is still preposterous hmm

Nokkie73 Sat 11-May-13 16:38:33

Hello ladies

buzz the deed is done ! Well done. I am really pleased that it has gone so well for you. You do sound relatively zen about the whole thing, which is admirable. Do you know how many frosties you have or do you have to wait for that information ? When are you back ? Xx

there'sajoosinmyhoos cold sweats suck. Are you feeling a bit better now ? When are you due to go out to Brno ?

res the 2ww is a killer. Just try to keep yourself distracted (easier said than done, I know).

motor you're right that you de ladies will need different supplements to the rest of us. If you are taking the advice of your clinic then that's all you need to worry about. How are things with you ? Is Mr Motor coming round slowly but surely ?

euro countdown for you my love. How goddam exciting. Are you feeling prepared for it ?

mejust I can't go back but sorry to hear about your dog. You need to hang on in there at the moment though. It'll all be worth it.

Things are quiet with me. I went swimming this morning and am just going to watch the FA Cup. Out later with Mr Noks for something to eat. To be honest, every twinge is a total head fuck because of what happened before but am still so bloody grateful to be in this position. I am 6+1 so I still have a long way to go.

Hi to everyone else.

Noks xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.