Excellent (or should that be eggcellent?) egg buddies! Anyone having IVF/ICSI in April/May/June 2013 come and join us!

(1000 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 15:35:07

We've almost filled the second thread so here is a new one, so we can carry on chatting! Threads #1 and #2 saw some stunning successes and some sad outcomes. We'll have more of the former and less of the latter on thread #3 please!

All comers welcome. I found it very useful to be with people going through the same thing when I did my first cycle, so if you would like to join us, please come on in!

MotorcycleMama Tue 07-May-13 17:42:03

That's great news buzzy !! I can't wait to hear how your lovely eggs get on.
AFM, I'm okay - just impatiently waiting for a suitable donor, and sure now that I will ask about proven fertility etc.

buzzybee123 Tue 07-May-13 17:49:03

motor I don't think my donor is proven or not, didn't ask really, I for some reason thought you were doing ivf with another ivf couple confused not sure where I got that from, hopefully soon it will be you

MotorcycleMama Tue 07-May-13 19:13:34

buzzy I am really not sure what I am entitled to ask about the donor, or how much any of it matters confused. Pleased it seems to be all going swimmingly for you so far though, so I'll keep hope.

EuroShaggleton Tue 07-May-13 20:36:29

choco I'm taking it as a good sign that you know so few of us after a mere 6 week absence! Welcome back! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope moving forward with tests is helping that process.

We're actually planning to go again in May, as soon as AF arrives. It should be later this week, all things being equal, but for once I'm not 100% confident of my cycle. 2ww symptoms have been weaker since the mc and for the first time ever this cycle, I didn't get a biphasic temp chart. I'm hoping it's due to my thermometer giving up from over use, rather than because I didn't ovulate, but I am anxious for AF to come so I can be sure.

Wow buzz! 7! I hope the septuplets are doing well.

I think often here people egg share as there are not many altruistic donors as the compensation payments are so low (although they have recently gone up a bit).

Noks how are you feeling?

I hope everyone else is doing well. I had a lovely bank holiday weekend at the in-laws' place in the South of France. It was lovely. We even made it to the beach one day!

Now we are back I am completely wigging out about tomorrow. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here, but I have a (hopefully benign) cyst on my face. It has been growing very slowly for about 3 years. It has to go before it gets too large but I have a bit of a scar phobia, so knowing that this is the last day of my life that I will be without a scar on my face is really upsetting me. Still, at least it is distracting me from the fertility stuff. hmm

tametortie Tue 07-May-13 20:38:00

Buzzy All sounds like its going well in Brno- 100% fertilisation is great!! Im fascinated by your trip as it may be an option for us in the future if things dont work out. When you get time, could you tell me about tests, consultations etc, that you had to get to where you are now? Things like how many trips etc. Too many trips would be difficult for us with DD but would be good to think about. Saw a couple on the internet recently that were organising trips to Brno, like an agent- did you book it all yourself?

Hello choco smile sorry to hear about your mc sad are you currently looking at more treatment?

Nok Hope all went well today and you arent too sore.

Hello to everyone else smile

I have a very sore tummy here sad 2 more days of menopur 300iu before a scan, I think I will pop. Feel very uncomfortable. If I sit down too hard it feels like someone has shoved an electric probe up my fanjo.

Oh well- hope its a good sign hmm

buzzybee123 Tue 07-May-13 21:35:05

euro glad you had a lovely weekend, I think we had ICSI which I am not keen on but feel we are running out of options, as for scars, bio oil is good

tam I didn't do as much as I should have like a scan etc before we left, this is my first time out here, you could have svans and blood tests before you leave or they will do them when you arrive, they are great at comminicating with you, sent me over prescriptions etc. I had a fertility MOT so had already had the blood tests so just gave them a copy. DH hadn't done a SA since August hmm, I can give you more info but hopefully you won't need it smile

Jewcy Tue 07-May-13 21:42:22

Tame, sorry to but in where you have actually addressed buzzy, but I can tell you I'm flying to Brno in June for DE IVF and there have been no prior trips, consultations; nothing. Everything has been done via email with the clinic coordinator who has been fantastically efficient. I can't believe how easy it has all been so far. It has helped enormously that I found a ReproGenesis (my clinic) cycling Buddies forum on FF. I've gleaned all sorts of great stuff about others' experiences and where they stayed and where best to get scans etc.

Buzzy, magnificent news about the Magnificent Seven. Truly wonderful, I'm so chuffed for you. Here are my drugs: Prednisolone 5mg;
Folic Acid (10mg); Progynova 2mg; Cetrotide 0,25mg inj; Ovitrelle/Gonasi.

My scan is booked for next Saturday (18th) to measure thickness of lining etc and the flights to Prague are now booked!

Jewcy Tue 07-May-13 21:42:34

*butt!

twinklestar2 Tue 07-May-13 21:46:11

Good luck with the 7 buzzy!

Good luck with the cyst removal euro and I have my fingers crossed for your IVF this month.

tametortie Tue 07-May-13 21:54:47

wow!! Thanks buzzy and jewcy xxx how amazingly easy??!! Worth noting...just in case =)

Jewcy Tue 07-May-13 21:56:27

euro, I have a scar right in the middle of my forehead where a coked-up ex-boyfriend head-butted me and split it open. It was fucking nasty and I just was distraught at the sight of it and the knowledge that I'd be scarred for life. Guess what? I'm not. I look ace grin and Bio Oil is effing brilliant; does exactly what it says on the tin. Your surgeon will be brilliantly delicate and, in no time at all, you'll be feeling daft that you worried this much. I promise.

Jewcy Tue 07-May-13 21:59:48

Tortie, it is only this easy because we don't have all the monitoring and scanning and stimming like women who are using their own eggs. The donor has all that hassle grin All we need to be sure of is that we have a beautifully accommodating womb lining and that our cycle synchronises with the donor's. Simples!

EuroShaggleton Wed 08-May-13 07:38:10

Thanks Jewcy. It is helpful to hear that.

Jewcy Wed 08-May-13 09:28:20

You're welcome, euro, good luck today x

Nokster, love, where are you? I am worried.

Jewcy Wed 08-May-13 13:03:42

Had my blood tests (prolactin, TSH, HIV 1 + 2, Hep B, Hep C, Syphilis) but naughty GP manager won't prescribe my transfer cycle drugs after all (boo!) - will have to get them online from fertility2u (sigh). First World problems though, eh..

buzzybee123 Wed 08-May-13 16:09:58

jewcy the clinic can send you a prescription and the name of some pharmacies here that will prescribe your drugs, there is an excellent place in shadwell

chocoloco1 Wed 08-May-13 19:48:11

Evening ladies smile How's everyone?

noks hope you're ok after the hystero?

jewcy good that you have your list of drugs, but pants that you will have to pay for them

buzzy 7 eggs, you must be chuffed. Have you 'phoned again to check?

euro how are you doing after your op? Hope you're not feeling too bad. Great news about starting again very soon.

tame how are you doing? Is your scan tomorrow or Friday?

Nothing new from me, apart from being ridiculously pleased that I'm on 21 and AF hasn't arrived yet , like it did last month!

EuroShaggleton Wed 08-May-13 20:18:24

Noks I hope you are doing ok.

choco my bumpectomy was actually fine although I was kerazy stressed about it , although it is v odd talking to someone while they delve around inside your forehead. hmm The scar is not a bad size and quite close to the hairline, although it looks a bit wonky. He has put a tiny flesh coloured dressing on it, so I might go into work. I had arranged to work from home as I was expecting to feel very self-conscious but it is actually fine as the dark stitches are completely covered.

putthecrispsDOWN Wed 08-May-13 20:21:12

Hi all...sorry for the absence, went away for the weekend. Feel a bit naughty staying on here now but really want to see the positive results I hope you'll all get soon.
buzzy 7 fertilised is amazing! Can't wait to hear how you get on!
jewcy there's always a thread on fertility friends that explains where the drugs are the cheapest.
euro hooray for being close to starting again. I agree about the bio oil...I had skin cancer about 6 years ago (because I haven't quite spent enough time i hospital, obviously) and it has lightened some huuuuge scars on my legs. You can hardly see them now.

tame thinking about you for your scan...I absolutely dread them because I'm always disappointed, no matter what is there. The woman could tell me I've got sixteen ovaries and three hundred follicles and I'd still be disappointed. Hope things are working, are you feeling like the hormones are kicking in yet? It took me bloody ages but I got there in the end.

noks how are you doing? You'll like this... I met a ridiculously rude woman this wkend that set my sweariness off... Was sat by the park while dd was playing trying not to be sick (morning sickness, glad and grateful to have it but it has been a bit of a fucker lately). Rude woman asks 'are you ok?' me- yes, morning sickness, am ok. Rude woman-how far along are you? Me-a couple of months (exaggerating due to ivf fatness of belly) woman-oh, you are big aren't you. Me- um, it's an ivf thing, I put the weight on during ivf. Woman-well how did you put so much weight on over just a couple of weeks? Biiiiiiiitch. Im not even that big!! Probably size 16 but so what?! Lovely tolerant DH intervened at this point and distracted me so we walked off somewhere. I then changed my mind, walked back past her and called her a 'rude fucker' quite loudly. Ha! No matter how awesome things get, some idiot always comes along and tries to piss on my parade!
Sorry for mammoth post! Had some catching up to do!

chocoloco1 Wed 08-May-13 20:23:00

That's good news *euro. Sounds like a weird experience, when will you get the results?

chocoloco1 Wed 08-May-13 20:26:35

crisps that bloody woman, how rude! Think I'd have gone mad! Nice to see you on here still, it gives me hope too.

EuroShaggleton Wed 08-May-13 20:28:01

choco the surgeon isn't even going to bother sending it for histology. He was confident it was just an unusually hard cyst. He even cut into it while I watched. Half of it was filled with pus (which is what you normally expect in a cyst. The other half was crunchy! Somehow the contents had calcified or something. But it was just a cyst, apparently.

crisps I can't believe that woman! How bloody rude! I'm glad you told her so.

chocoloco1 Wed 08-May-13 20:40:57

Great news euro

Nokkie73 Wed 08-May-13 20:57:32

Hi all

I am fine, ta. The hysteroscopy didn't go ahead yesterday as a pre-op test revealed that by some miracle, I have managed to get myself pregnant. I had a scan today and I am 5+5. The yolk sac is there and I saw a flickering heartbeat too. I literally am stunned. It was the post-ivf mercy shag wot did it. M'lud.

I am so stunned that I even forgot to swear. So, joos I didn't find a remote control.....but something else was lurking in there instead.....

It's obviously early days so I am being cautious. I am just in a state of complete and utter shock.

Noks xx

P.s. sorry for the lack of name checks.

buzzybee123 Wed 08-May-13 21:06:53

nokkie how fecking fabulous is that, what a fab way to find out grin grin grin

crisps what a rude cow, I would have saaid how did you get to be so stupid angry I can not believe people are so rude to strangers

euro shock shock at him cutting up your bump but good to know that there is nothing to worry about

This thread is not accepting new messages.