Ladies this way please-an experiment! Light hearted

(174 Posts)

So on my profile (hopefully) there is a picture of the famous fertility statues. They are currently on display at ripleys believe it or not in Orlando. In September 2008 I touched these statues and then conceived in my third month of trying in 2009. I had been trying for 9 months to Conceive dc2 when I saw something about the statues and saved a photo of them to my ipad. I dutifully touched the photo a couple of times and now in the tenth month of trying I am pregnant!
Now I know its probably a load of bull and it was probably just my time to get pregnant but anyone want to give it a go and report back on this thread? Would be interesting not very scientific at all experiment.
Let me know if the photo isn't there but hopefully it is on my profile.

NerdyBird Mon 19-Aug-13 09:51:57

Am at start of fertile window, so have rubbed! Can't hurt, or make me any more crazy than I already am...

fifi669 Mon 19-Aug-13 09:55:13

I think I'm just approaching the end.... I didn't lie, the picture is my lock screen and I sent it to DP for a rub too! Hopefully this is our month smile

CoffeeGuzzler Mon 19-Aug-13 12:09:13

Have lovingly caressed picture. First cycle of ttc #1...smile

hazchem Wed 21-Aug-13 00:21:14

I've given it a stroke, in the hope it will shift something in OH so he decides that now would be a good time to start TTC #2.
Do you think I should stroke it everyday?

internationallove985 Wed 21-Aug-13 00:43:08

I'll give it a stroke. I guess anything's worth a try. xx

keepswimming1 Wed 21-Aug-13 16:36:15

Ok call me crazy ....I have just joined in to smile

I'm just past O, and this is my 2 month of TTC.

Good luck to everyone.

Tuon Wed 21-Aug-13 17:18:40

Been trying since Mid 2011. I touched the picture.

I will also buy any magic beans you have for sale should they help my chances of conception. <desperate smile>

fifi669 Wed 21-Aug-13 19:06:10

Magic beans? Where?

<looks around>

hopefulgum Sat 24-Aug-13 00:03:44

Oh yes please, I will have some magic beans too grin hazchem I think giving it a stroke, might just rouse your DH's desire to ttc (but I don't mean the screen, it is your DH who needs the stroking..) grin

I am still faithfully stroking the screen. If I get upduffed after 4 years I think we can safely say this is a proven fertility treatment.

hazchem Sun 13-Oct-13 06:02:14

Just wanting to report back.

OH agreed to have a second about 3 weeks ago and I'm now 4+3 smile Due June but will probably be closer to July before it actually arrives.

How are you other strokers going?

HalfPintLulu Sun 13-Oct-13 07:48:01

Just given it ago - let's see what happens!

butterfly86 Sun 13-Oct-13 09:22:42

I've just read right through this thread and I'm going to give this pic a good rub I'm in the 2ww 2nd cycle of ttc again after a 6 month break, I'm 2 years and 4 mc down the line so I'll try anything! While on holiday this summer we went to a place called adonis falls where there is a big naked statue and you have to rub his balls for fertility (which obviously I did ) so I've got double helpings of woo....watch this space smile

Congrats hazchem, sorry only jut seen this. Thought thread had died. Good luck halfpint and butterfly.

Naggynoo Mon 11-Nov-13 23:17:10

After 12 months ttc I am willing to try anything! smile Lying in bed smiling to myself that I have finally lost my mind and rubbing a picture of wooden naked people lol!! smile

NutcrackerFairy Tue 12-Nov-13 22:55:29

On cd24, AF due around Saturday...

Just about to go on your profile QuietNinja and stroke the willy... Need all the luck and woo I can get after MMC at 12 weeks in September.

Best of luck to all other strokers!

mawinter Germany Wed 13-Nov-13 08:04:33

rubbed!

Angelcake1987 Mon 25-Nov-13 21:50:25

saved to my phone and rubbed all the important bits!

puddymuddles Sun 16-Mar-14 08:12:42

Just reawoken this thread and stroked the fertility statues!!

Am TTC baby number 3 smile

hazchem Sun 16-Mar-14 08:46:20

Thanks for awaking the thread. I've given it a stoke. We are trying again after losing the last one.

I've given it a stroke. Cycle #4 TTC #1, had early miscarriage/ chemical first cycle.

Shroomboom Sun 16-Mar-14 21:00:44

I rubbed it last April, dd was born in January after a 6 year struggle grin
It works!!!

PossumPoo Mon 17-Mar-14 12:46:04

I have given it a rub too! AF due Thursday maybe a bit late for this cycle but it's a bit fun and really hope it works

CristaBell Wed 19-Mar-14 22:33:59

omg, I completely forgot about this thread but just found it in my 'i'm watching'. I'm currently 39+4 weeks pregnant but I rubbed this picture last year when I was ttc. Good luck everyonesmile

Yayletshavelotsofsex Wed 19-Mar-14 23:12:16

Duly fondled

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now