Ladies this way please-an experiment! Light hearted

(174 Posts)

So on my profile (hopefully) there is a picture of the famous fertility statues. They are currently on display at ripleys believe it or not in Orlando. In September 2008 I touched these statues and then conceived in my third month of trying in 2009. I had been trying for 9 months to Conceive dc2 when I saw something about the statues and saved a photo of them to my ipad. I dutifully touched the photo a couple of times and now in the tenth month of trying I am pregnant!
Now I know its probably a load of bull and it was probably just my time to get pregnant but anyone want to give it a go and report back on this thread? Would be interesting not very scientific at all experiment.
Let me know if the photo isn't there but hopefully it is on my profile.

DearlyDepartedMrsFinch Tue 07-May-13 14:39:56

Touched it. Now sitting back and awaiting ovulation!

CourgetteSmuggler Tue 07-May-13 14:45:51

I've just rubbed my Mac screen. We are clearly all a bit mad smile
Any BFPs yet?

Yes 5 courgette including myself. It's definitely bonkers but if by any slim chance it does work then it can't hurt.

twinklestar2 Tue 07-May-13 21:34:17

Blondebaby got one too! After 5 years! She posted a bit further up this thread.

BartBaby Tue 07-May-13 22:24:21

Im only on cd1 of my second month ttc but giving it a go anways smile

FromagePlease Wed 08-May-13 08:43:32

Just worked for me! Gave them a good stroke around ovulation time and just got my BFP!!!

Thank you v. much smile

What? Will she come back to confirm twinkle? She's been trying for 5 years she said? Is she pregnant?
And yay fromage! I'm so pleased at the bfps. I dunno if its coincidence or not but I love it!

How long have you been trying fromage?

FromagePlease Wed 08-May-13 12:57:03

We have been trying for 3 cycles, so not long but it feels like an age! This is the first month that I've been temp charting, and I also read Taking Charge of your Fertility which I found really interesting. Although obviously the book and charting have nothing to do with it, it's all down to the statues! smile

Obviously fromage! Go statues!

Minshu Wed 08-May-13 18:45:11

Over two years ttc #2, so have rubbed and will report back in a couple of weeks...

mrsden Wed 08-May-13 19:23:35

First round of ivf failed for me, so sorry statues but you didn't do your work sad

Tigglettchic Wed 08-May-13 19:43:12

It's O day so I have rubbed and caressed again!! God DH to do it as well, he rubbed the boobs then said, he was getting ready for later!!!!

I'm sorry mrsden. I'm sorry the Ivf didn't work this time. X

Ludicrously, and hilariously, I can announce that I downloaded the photo to my phone a few weeks ago, dutifully rubbed it (feeling like a loon), and I now have my bfp grin

This was my eighth cycle ttc though, so I think time, rather than woo, worked its magic, to be fair!

No no specificdream 'twas definitely the statues! Congratulations!

twinklestar2 Fri 10-May-13 19:21:43

wow soooo exciting! I'm rubbing furiously every day!

Arf! OK, OK, I admit, I am preggers only by the power of woo grin

hopefulgum Fri 10-May-13 23:56:15

Oooh, so many BFP's shock How often should I rub the mac screen?Is once a day enough?

Since I started rubbing it, it seems to have made my ovulation a little later than usual, which is a good thing, more time to bank some sperm!I'm now starting the tww...hopefully I'll be a statue rubbing graduate toosmile

I only rubbed it a few times over the month when I remembered but others are doing it every day. Can't hurt! Fingers crossed.

I just rubbed the once and then forgot about it but it was a hearty rub!

Zumbasmyfave Sun 12-May-13 18:20:01

Given the photo a quick stroke :-D Thanks Ninja!

No probs Zumba, hope it works for you.

CourgetteSmuggler Mon 20-May-13 16:15:28

Just rubbed again.. I've got 9 days left until AF. The wait is awful.

hopefulgum Mon 20-May-13 22:20:39

Well, I am afraid the rubbing didn't do it for me this time (but I am a hard case, so maybe it will take a bit longer). 11 DPO and a BFN. Looks like I am out this month.I usually have a bfp by 10 dpo. And my temperature has nose-dived. Sorry I couldn't be a positive test case for the fertility statuesad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now