Ladies this way please-an experiment! Light hearted

(174 Posts)

So on my profile (hopefully) there is a picture of the famous fertility statues. They are currently on display at ripleys believe it or not in Orlando. In September 2008 I touched these statues and then conceived in my third month of trying in 2009. I had been trying for 9 months to Conceive dc2 when I saw something about the statues and saved a photo of them to my ipad. I dutifully touched the photo a couple of times and now in the tenth month of trying I am pregnant!
Now I know its probably a load of bull and it was probably just my time to get pregnant but anyone want to give it a go and report back on this thread? Would be interesting not very scientific at all experiment.
Let me know if the photo isn't there but hopefully it is on my profile.

blondebaby111 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:28:42

I have stroked the pic!! Due to start ivf again in may so hopefully I won't need it. I have saved the pic on my phone hope u don't mind! Each day I'll give it a little stroke haha!! smile

ELA88 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:36:16

Just gave the picture a big stroke and even got the dh involved! Can't hurt can it!! Xxx

Course I don't mind
I do have to warn you that it does say not to touch the statues if you don't want to become pregnant, though have no idea if the picture instead of the real thing dilutes "the woo" we'll find out eh grin

twinklestar2 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:30:10

I've done it! Will report back.

blondebaby111 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:13

Well after 5 years of ttc I deffo wanna be pregnant smile

Schooldidi Sun 31-Mar-13 18:43:12

We aren't even ttc but I've just stroked the picture too, just to give you a 'control group'. I wonder if the woo works through condoms.

Ok have stroked the photo, would be a miracle if this worked I'm all for miracles

Well I've got my fingers crossed for everyone that this works, after all hope and medical scientific science else has failed, a bit of woo has got to work hasn't it?

HotCrossPun Sun 31-Mar-13 18:54:49

Photo stroked.

I'm a sucker for trying things I read on the internet.

We are ttc, and I read that after dtd you are supposed to put your legs in the air and pretend you are riding a bike.

Tried it for the first time yesterday. DP was lying next to me and a bit surprised (as was I) and the cacophony of unwelcome noises that erupted, some might call it a fanny fart blush

Happy Easter everybody grin

Thanks hotcrosspun that's probably a mental image I coulda done without grin I hope it works!

Sarahb8990 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:14:14

Stroked the picture smile hope it helps been ttc for nearly 3 years now x

CharmingCats Sun 31-Mar-13 22:39:48

Done!

I know this all a bit of fun, but I would truly love it if this was the one bit of woo that worked! I'd love all you ladies to get pregnant, especially those who've been trying years.

inadreamworld Mon 01-Apr-13 21:50:59

Have stroked. Have a two year old and a 10 week old though so if/when it works I will be very very busy....!!

sarlat Tue 02-Apr-13 07:15:56

Stroked it. Thank you for a new idea. Been
Trying for 3 years, I mc, 3 failed transfers of ivf, 1 operation and 1 dodgy tube.

Bumping for anyone else who wants a go.

twentythirteen Wed 03-Apr-13 12:01:36

Definitely keep bumping, it's much more fun! I'm a few days dpo (haven't kept track!) But will update as and when! For now I can report that I am having lots of twinges not normally associated with af so that woo, I mean, pic is def doing something!

Good good [bugrin]

shock the bunnies have gone!

Bumping for those who haven't yet tried my very scientific experiment.

twinklestar2 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:21:21

I've rubbed it every day blush

If you end up with quadruplets twinkle do not blame me! wink

Bambalam Sun 07-Apr-13 17:59:23

Done!
I touched on his penis and her boobs, then realised that does not make a baby but rubbing a fertility statues does so rubbed on the relevant area of her anatomy

grin

mozzarellamummy Mon 08-Apr-13 16:50:36

Just saved them on my mobile..I hope bfp increase will be statistically significant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now