Help! HCG levels dropped....

(8 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sat 30-Mar-13 20:23:14

Oh zeebee, I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have plans for tonight and are having a consoling glass of wine.

I've tried the Pred whilst ttc naturally and got nowhere. I did my IVF cycle without any immunology drugs. I don't really know what to think about it all tbh. Some drs are so convinced and others are so sceptical! My clinic seemed quite sceptical, but suggests Pred anyway (I declined)! confused But I guess if there is a chromosomal problem with a particular embryo, no amount of immunological support is going to "fix" the pregnancy. We saw from the scans that our embie never got past the 5 weekish yolk sac stage (although it hung on until 8 weeks) so I am putting that down to a chromosomal issue and will probably do our second cycle without immune drugs. If the same thing happens a second time, I might reassess.

We're at Create, doing natural IVF. I tried the conventional kind last summer and we ended up quitting the cycle before we even got to stimming as I had such a bad time on the downreg drugs. So Create seemed to be the right place for us to go.

I hope you are as ok as you can be. BTW, I found the "egg buddies" thread on here very supportive when I was going through it, so if you decide to go again, think about joining our little club. x

zeebee1 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:24:39

Hi Euro
Sadly we got our results back from today's follow up blood test and they had dropped even further to 32! We've been told it's a non viable pregnancy and i'm to stop all medication (bar the Prednisolone steroid which I have to come off slowly over the next 2 weeks) and expect my AF in 1-2 weeks...

I must say over the last week i haven't had any of the PG symptoms i've experienced before when I miscarried at 8 and then at 9 weeks, so that was a sure sign things weren't going so well..

Our families have been amazing today and rallied as usual.. we have a follow up at Zita West Clinic (with George Ndukwe) in a couple of weeks - will be interesting to see what he says - he was very adamant that this was all down to immunology factors that i hadn't carried successfully before, but now i'm not so sure.. we got further with Guys previously with none of the extra immunology drugs i'd been prescribed this round with Zita West/George Ndukwe...

Anyway off to see a movie tonight with my Mum (DH has gone to see his parents separately) - having my first glass of wine in 2 months and enjoying it!

Good luck with your next IVF round - where are you cycling if you don't mind me asking
zx

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Mar-13 17:48:23

This was recent. Just waiting to go for IVF#2. I've got an appointment in a couple of weeks to find out when the clinic will let us cycle again.

I really hope that you get good news on Saturday!

zeebee1 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:19:35

Oh goodness - we've been there too - the worst time.
Hope you've had more success since then?

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Mar-13 17:12:45

The waiting is the worst bit. The week between finding out that my (IVF) embie was a little small for dates and confirmation that it was all going wrong was one of the worst weeks of my life.

zeebee1 Thu 28-Mar-13 16:14:03

Thank you Euro - we have been googling the hell out of this and found that it could be vanishing twin... We are just hoping it is that and that things pick up from now on... It's waiting for Saturday to roll around that's most difficult!
Thanks for your kind words... IVF is the most traumatic thing to go through - tough as anything....

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Mar-13 16:06:54

Hi zeebee.

I think the only "good" reason for a HCG drop is that there is a vanishing twin (so you go from twin levels to singleton levels). With 3 blastos on board this might be a possibility. I hope everything works out for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your post-IVF mcs. It's a horrible club to be in. I hope this is 3rd time lucky for you.

zeebee1 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:51:06

Hi
Wondered if anyone has any (hopefully reassuring stories) about their HCG levels? I've had IVF and ET was on 13/3/13. Did a PG test on 24/3/13 and got a BFP - we were delighted... It's our 3rd IVF round (previous 2 ended with me MC at 7 weeks) we had a BT on 25/3/13 and scored an HCG level of 164.5 - the clinic said that was good and high! Went for the follow up BT 48hrs later and it had dropped to 142.... We are devastated and fearing the worse...
We had 3 day 5 blastos transferred. We've been told to have another BT this Saturday. Dreading.it.
Any one got any advice?..
Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now