From egg to egghausted. The journey part one!

(244 Posts)
Meemawandmoonpie Thu 28-Mar-13 07:23:39

Morning everyone,
I thought I'd start a Fred here documenting the first part of the eggs movements. Now, before I actually start I'll just say I'm not even yet pregnant so I'll babble on about every wasted egg too! I'm not obsessed but find writing things down easier than telling my already bored with a glazed over look on his face, husband. Im not asking you to reply but it would be fab if anyone would and welcome added input from everyone, whether you're TTC, already pregnant, or interested in reading about someone else's current efforts to get up duffed!
Right, are we all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

A little about me. 30, married for 5 years, been together longer than a decade and came off pill jan 1st in anticipation. Taking folic acid amongst other vits and generally doing my very best to entice the swimmers into signing a 9 month tenency agreement. Husband is also 30 and trying not to get too excited as he knows as soon as he does, I'll be! Then it all goes to pot.

Ok, so as I've said jan 1st came off pill expecting to a)either fall pg straight away or b) take a good few months to really get back into the swing of things. I've been on the pill since I was 15 so was pleasantly surprised I went straight back into a 28 day cycle. Thought it may be a fluke, but no, feb saw the same activity! Then came march!! March bloody madness more like.
This month I'm a baby making looney tune! My body has led me down every emotional pathway, tricking me into thinking I'm pg. 2 tests later, both BFN I now imagine its getting me back for 15 years of no PMS symptoms! I've had them all.
It started with a kiss being so bloated that I resembled aunt petunia after Harry blew her up, working its way to wind that would rival the saharan summer nights, boobs are wonky, massive hard and itchy nips. I've felt the ovaries release, the ( in my imagination) implantation pain which was awful, the spotting, could be cataracts and seeing things, the nausea... Cooking mistakes and the crying at the smallest things, thousand hint OBEM last night was not helpful.
I've got the blue veins showing in the boob and so much CM I feel like I'm on a slip'n'slide (tmi)!
I've even got the stuffy nose and (grasping at straws here) its apparently a pg sign...albeit a small one. Who knew?

So AF is due to visit tomorrow should my 28 day cycle carry on, she's coming for 4 days making herself a general PITA but no pain, no gain eh? So for the next 4 days I'll be a sweaty, crampy, moaning harpie and after that expect OH to fancy me again.

Sorry if you've lost interested or I've killed a thread before even starting, but I'll keep at it and hopefully it'll pick up, turn into something more exciting or provide a place for others to say 'hey that happened to me too'.

See you on t'uther side.

Meema

RubySlippers77 Mon 22-Jul-13 20:05:33

Well, my mind would be more settled if OH had bothered to call me at all over the weekend - so annoyed - spent the whole day in a strop. He's on his way back now but I only know this via the iPhone tracking rather than because he's bothered to tell me. I KNOW I should sit down and talk to him about this calmly and reasonably and explain that it really upsets me when he puts Evil Cow first, but I also know that I'm so wound up I'm going to snap at him as soon as I do hear from him.....

So yes, that high reading on the CBFM today may well be wasted!! Grrrr, I can feel myself being absolutely fuming about it - not sure if I'm more annoyed at her for being a selfish and self centred witch or him for letting her do it.

On the work front, I work in facilities & maintenance (organising it, not doing it, I am rubbish at all forms of DIY!) and my job is really busy and quite stressful. We've recently been told that we're changing to a different purchasing system, which will involve even more work on a day to day basis. I'm currently trying to work out how to approach HR and explain that it won't be done as I don't have the time confused

I will have my fingers crossed for your BFP this month as quite frankly OH will be lucky if he has the means left to have kids once I've seen him!!

BartBaby Mon 22-Jul-13 21:19:55

Oh dear i hope you can sort things with dh without wasting the high peak day. I think its very out of order that he hasnt been in touch with you.

My dh would have no chance of going away with another woman. Have you told him you arent happy with it?

Things like that are a bit of a sore subject in the bart household. Its not the same and im not suggesting anything like this will happen, but years ago dh (or dp as he was then) was still in occasional contact with his ex. I didnt like it. Dh still replied to messages etc but hid it (badly) instead. Long story short he got into a situation and ended up cheating. We broke up for a while. Eventually sorted through things, and are now happier than we have ever been and have recently got married. I dont feel as though there is a threat there anymore. And he has slowly managed to build up the trust again. Which is good with his job involving him travelling a lot!

I know it isnt the same for you and cheating isnt the issue. But it explains why i wouldnt let it happen now. If you feel he is putting her first, he needs telling that he shouldnt be doing that. Especially if it is getting in the way of you having a family of your own. Id be telling him bluntly that if he put more effort into creating his own family rather than being with her family then you might get somewhere.

If i had put a stop to dh's behaviour maybe things would have been different. I hope you dont feel i have over stepped the mark here. I just wanted to stress to you that where other women are concerned. Our men need telling! Lol

RubySlippers77 Tue 23-Jul-13 19:01:31

Hi BartBaby - oh wow, that must have been really tough for you, I appreciate you sharing. To be fair it was a group of them going away and I couldn't as I was working (but would have hated it anyway!), it was just that she decided to stay on an extra night when it was only him and her. He naively thinks they are like brother and sister - HA - he can't see that she would pounce on him just as soon as she could, and uses him mainly for free booze for herself and a free babysitter for her nightmare children.

He was a bit sheepish last night when he realised how cross I was and why - not only that he had forgotten to phone me but because he'd done so much running around for her. He did actually apologise for a change and then lugged the air con unit up to the bedroom, which nearly killed him.....

Anyhow, all is a bit more positive with me and thank you again for letting me know your thoughts smile another high reading today but I have the utmost respect for my parents managing to conceive me during the heatwave of 1976, most of the time I am far too hot to DTD!!

BartBaby Sun 28-Jul-13 08:33:25

Hi ruby how are you doing? Did you manage to get some dtd done while you had your high reading? Im glad dh apologised to you smile so he should aswell.

I think ive only gone and got me a bfp!! I wasnt hopefull at all this month but i poss yesterday morning and faint line. And same again today! Not even a hold it up in the light and squint line. an actual propper one grin I still dont feel like i can let my self believe it or get my hopes up. Af would be due around tomorrow so i will feel better after that. Then i will do a digital one just to be sure. I wont believe it until i see it written down. But surely 2 superdrug tests cant both be wrong?!

Nottalotta Sun 28-Jul-13 19:39:49

Hello all, can i join please? Been looking for a suitable thread and think this may be it!! Bit about me.....35, married all of two months :-) but we've been together an age. Was on depo jab for about 7 yrs. Last was sept 2012 so was due another at start of december but didn't have it. Didn't have a period the whole time i was on it and was expecting it to take a while to get af after coming offf jab. Well, af arrived this month ....7 months after last jab was due.

Has prelim.blood tests in may when i told gp (during a visit about something else) that af still hadn't arrived. Blood tests for hormone level which were all fine.

Don't expect for a minute that my cycle will suddenly be regular but dtd twice in the week that i would ov if it were a 28 day cycle.....

Friday night i felt rotten - based on 28day cycle, af due 7th aug. Friday i felt pain in lower left tummy, and felt soooo nauseus i had to go and lie down. Couldn't even finish my wine!!! (or read or scour mn for advice....) had decided NOT to poas til 7th aug but caved in today and BFN. Obviously. Feel fine about it just a bit stupid for testing so early!

Congrats bartbaby on your bfp!!! Exciting!!!

Something i was thinking about earlier is what next when you get your bfp?? GP appointment? So new to this!!

BartBaby Sun 28-Jul-13 20:54:02

Hello nottalotta welcome to the thread smile congrats on the wedding. Me and dh have only been married 4 months.

Thank you for the congratulations! Although i still darent believe it yet. Im going to dona digital one in the morning when af should be due just to check. Im quite nervous about doing it though as i feel pretty much the same as i do before af shows up which worries me some what. But i know a lot of the symptoms are the same. Ive put a pic of the tests on my profile and there are definate lines...

I think the next step after a bfp from what i can remember from nearly 5 years ago is a booking in appt with the midwife. Or just phone gp's and say im pg what do i do now?! Lol. Im going to wait a couple of weeks first though i think.

Hopefully your cycle wont take too long to settle down smile

Nottalotta Sun 28-Jul-13 22:59:02

There are definitely lines there....good luck tomorrow.

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 05:02:13

Woke up early needing to pee so thought may aswell do it now. Bfp! grin

Nottalotta Mon 29-Jul-13 08:41:42

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!!! I actually dreamt that i got a bfp last night!! Hoping my initial obsession wears off a bit!

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 09:33:22

notta i had a dream i got a bfp last week!!! And in the dream my due date was just 3 days before my actual due date now. Maybe its a sign that this is your month?!

This was my 4th month of actively trying. And i hate to say it but my obsession definately didnt die down lol. Good luck with that grin

Nottalotta Mon 29-Jul-13 10:58:50

I hope so!! God i think i'd be quite scared if i did get a bfp this month!! Will try to wait til af is due before testing again.

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 21:53:12

Yes it is quite a scary thought. Although i do feel a bit better this time as i have some idea of whats coming. Not say its all going to be good! But at least i know grin

The past few months ive been doing opk's, noting down every symptom, and then testing from about 8dpo. This month i didnt do any of those and waited until about 12 dpo before testing. And we only dtd once over fertile window. Something must have worked!

Do you think you will be able to hold off until 7th? grin

Nottalotta Mon 29-Jul-13 22:41:03

I will try, i think its really unlikelyy for me this time, what with only having had one period and all!! Not sure if i should get opk's or leave it a couple of months to settle. I was always very regular but had 7 yrs on depo jab and before that many years (on and off) the pill.

Good to hear you got your bfp after only one deed!! I have to say, we have a good sex life but i can't imagine getting round to it every day!!

BartBaby Mon 29-Jul-13 22:49:02

I did think we'd put in a pretty poor effort this month. So wasnt very happy with dh really. It was just too damn hot though!

BartBaby Thu 01-Aug-13 20:16:44

Are you still about ruby ? How are you getting on?

Writerwannabe83 Thu 01-Aug-13 20:52:29

I also had a dream that I got a BFP about 3-4 days before I actually got one grin

Spooky!!!

RubySlippers77 Fri 02-Aug-13 05:52:25

Hello again bart and congratulations!! Hope all is going well!

I haven't been on MN much or doing anything other than working for the past couple of weeks, been helping OH out at his work evenings & weekends as he is terrible at paperwork and soon to be audited on it (he runs his own business). So I am a very tired Ruby indeed, not enough sleep for a long time sad this may explain why my cycle is rather wonky this month, late OV and no peak on the CBFM monitor, I think my body's too do knackered to do much.....

Still, today we are off to Barcelona for a few days, hence the very early post! AF may well come along too but what can you do!!

Congrats again grin xx

BartBaby Fri 02-Aug-13 07:45:50

I hope you have a great time ruby and get lots of rest. Sounds like it is well deserved smile

RubySlippers77 Tue 06-Aug-13 12:42:43

Hi bart and notta - how are you both getting on?

I had a lovely holiday, bit tearful today though, back at work & AF arrived last night sad I wasn't hopeful this month as my cycle seemed so screwed up but obviously there was still a bit of disappointment. A hormonal me is a sniffly and weepy me...

Trying to work out a 7 week plan to lose half a stone & generally feel a bit more positive before my next hospital appointment (not for TTC - have another 5 months at least before the NHS will help with that!), so any suggestions gratefully received!

Nottalotta Tue 06-Aug-13 13:57:25

Ugh. I posted a long reply and its disappeared! ruby sorry to hear your feeling down. Post holiday blues are bad enough with the addition of AF turning up. Mine also turned up sun/mon making a 25/26 day cycle. I 'm ok about it, wasn't really expecting a bfp on first cycle and pleased that my cycle is getting back to normal after 7 yrs of depo!

BartBaby Tue 06-Aug-13 16:50:31

Sorry af turned up for you both flowers

notta its good that your cycle is back to normal though.

ruby glad your af held out until the end of your break. I hope you are feeling better soon. I think the first few days are the worst. I dont know if its the hormones and af arriving, or the realisation that its another failed month. Mother nature is definately an evil witch. I recommend wine and lots of chocolate for a day or 2 until you start your diet. I recently lost 2 stone for my wedding but have to admit it wasnt down to healthy eating. I got some amazing pills called actislim platinum. And they are the only ones i have ever tried that have actually made me not as hungry. If you are looking for an easy option you could give them a go. You get big results fairly quickly. i managed to maintain the weight by just not eating as much junk. Other than that maybe slimming world? As you can tell im not big on exercise. Im short with big boobs so im not built for it! thats my excuse and im sticking to it grin

Nottalotta Tue 06-Aug-13 17:55:49

I'd like to lose about a stone. I also lost 2 st for the wedding but have put a stone back on in 2.5 months!! Eeeek! I just need to cut back on carbs wine and it will go. I have started exercising again 3 classes a week and am fairly active with my animals so hope it drops off again. Particularly if i am going to get preggers!!

Nottalotta Tue 06-Aug-13 17:56:35

Also meant to say,.and news from Minion ?

BartBaby Tue 06-Aug-13 19:25:21

No notta not heard from anyone else on here in ages. I hope they are all doing ok?

It has been very hard keeping the weight off i have to admit. Especially in the warm weather when all i want to do is sit in the garden with a beer hmm

RubySlippers77 Tue 06-Aug-13 20:41:13

I'm with you notta on losing a stone, just weighed myself, added to a very depressing day!!

Was going to start exercising again today but OH had said last night that he'd like to go to the pub for his birthday, so came home, had a shower, got changed etc only for him to announce that he's off to see his (female) friend in hospital..... think I've mentioned her before, I cannot stand the rude, selfish and ungrateful cow (funnily enough he didn't ask me to join him in the visiting!!). No idea what's wrong with her and don't care, but quite frankly he can sod off at the moment if he's going to continuously put her above everything and everyone else.

Just stalked him via the handy iPhone app and he is STILL at the hospital with her even though visiting hours finished at 8. FFS!! Can't decide whether I'm more annoyed at her for keeping him there or him for staying!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now