From egg to egghausted. The journey part one!

(244 Posts)
Meemawandmoonpie Thu 28-Mar-13 07:23:39

Morning everyone,
I thought I'd start a Fred here documenting the first part of the eggs movements. Now, before I actually start I'll just say I'm not even yet pregnant so I'll babble on about every wasted egg too! I'm not obsessed but find writing things down easier than telling my already bored with a glazed over look on his face, husband. Im not asking you to reply but it would be fab if anyone would and welcome added input from everyone, whether you're TTC, already pregnant, or interested in reading about someone else's current efforts to get up duffed!
Right, are we all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.

A little about me. 30, married for 5 years, been together longer than a decade and came off pill jan 1st in anticipation. Taking folic acid amongst other vits and generally doing my very best to entice the swimmers into signing a 9 month tenency agreement. Husband is also 30 and trying not to get too excited as he knows as soon as he does, I'll be! Then it all goes to pot.

Ok, so as I've said jan 1st came off pill expecting to a)either fall pg straight away or b) take a good few months to really get back into the swing of things. I've been on the pill since I was 15 so was pleasantly surprised I went straight back into a 28 day cycle. Thought it may be a fluke, but no, feb saw the same activity! Then came march!! March bloody madness more like.
This month I'm a baby making looney tune! My body has led me down every emotional pathway, tricking me into thinking I'm pg. 2 tests later, both BFN I now imagine its getting me back for 15 years of no PMS symptoms! I've had them all.
It started with a kiss being so bloated that I resembled aunt petunia after Harry blew her up, working its way to wind that would rival the saharan summer nights, boobs are wonky, massive hard and itchy nips. I've felt the ovaries release, the ( in my imagination) implantation pain which was awful, the spotting, could be cataracts and seeing things, the nausea... Cooking mistakes and the crying at the smallest things, thousand hint OBEM last night was not helpful.
I've got the blue veins showing in the boob and so much CM I feel like I'm on a slip'n'slide (tmi)!
I've even got the stuffy nose and (grasping at straws here) its apparently a pg sign...albeit a small one. Who knew?

So AF is due to visit tomorrow should my 28 day cycle carry on, she's coming for 4 days making herself a general PITA but no pain, no gain eh? So for the next 4 days I'll be a sweaty, crampy, moaning harpie and after that expect OH to fancy me again.

Sorry if you've lost interested or I've killed a thread before even starting, but I'll keep at it and hopefully it'll pick up, turn into something more exciting or provide a place for others to say 'hey that happened to me too'.

See you on t'uther side.

Meema

RubySlippers77 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:25:34

Hi minion! I like the idea of eggwatch, think I need to be more aware of these things too.....

Just back from the GP and apparently new guidelines are that you won't be referred for fertility testing until you've been trying for a year and a half. Pah. Clearly I'm too impatient!! He did say that 20% of women fall pregnant within 3 months, 50% by six months and 80% by a year so I guess the NHS is trying to save a few quid by making us all wait!

Don't think I'll have any luck this month, OH has been too knackered to do much so unless I have a very patient egg I think AF will be visiting again a week on Monday. At which point expect me to be much less accepting of this and instead to be once again grumpy and hormonal sad

littlestgirlguide Wed 10-Apr-13 20:42:43

Not liking your GP's statistics. We have been trying now 8 months, so I guess about 70% will have fallen pregnant by now, but not me. Have I really got to wait another 10 months before they will do anything!?
Though I suppose they probably wouldn't do anything anyway as I already have a DD. feeling mopey today, not helped the fact that AF is still here, CD 6, and in the words of DD's favourite bedtime story, "it's making me grumpy, it's making me grouch"!

Minion Thu 11-Apr-13 09:35:06

Eggwatch continues ladies.
Have manged to DTD quite a bit so far, don't want to overdo it as apparently the quality of the swimmers go down bait if not given time to regenerate a bit like doctor who .
Also been monitoring pant snot. Necessary evil apparently though quite lacks glamour. It's getting watery, that's the good sign isn't it? Still not completely translucent so reckon I've got a few days left.
Temperature wise I've realised just before fertile week I wake up with a very cold head and now can feel myself getting warmer and warmer upon waking, possibly another good sign! So like the excellent planner I am, I plan to be up duffed withing the week...hahahahaha, if only it s that easy eh?
PMA girls PMA.
Tune in tomorrow for another jam packed episode of Eggwatch live. (though maybe not tomorrow I'm working 8-11:30 and I'd give a medal to anyone who can do 15 and a half hours slaving looking after people and come home and even talk to their significant other let alone make a pass at them)
Minion signing off going to do the dishes

littlestgirlguide Thu 11-Apr-13 13:20:21

Yay, she's gone! Now to get busy. Not that I'm happy about it or anything!

metimeatlast Thu 11-Apr-13 22:10:10

Good evening ladies... well AF came and visited me from sunday and is still here... she did spoil our holiday, and we did come home today instead of tomorrow (dp/b is not a happy bunny!!!) only time will tell what happens next, He still wants to keep things the same as we are ttc and let nature take its course, and during a deep chat with him on holiday he did say that he wont be staying with his mother for ever, as she no longer depends on him (like she has been due to illness some 2years ago).
Anybody got any thoughts? should we continue to ttc? im at a loss for what to do for the best due to only giving our trying til feb 2014 then not after that due to my age, not wanting another big gap (will be 5years min after that). If we do decide to stop, thats also like saying to him " right, im not having a dc with you". lots of dilemmas confused

Minion Sat 13-Apr-13 17:09:42

Oh oh oh, here we go.
I can feel ovary on the right (Sharon) getting ready to do her thing. Tracey on the left hand side must be kipping.
Getting a few tiny twinges from her. Couple that with bloating and a relatively watery you know what... It all adds up to ' about that time'.
Mission is go!

RubySlippers77 Mon 15-Apr-13 18:50:35

Good luck minion!!

metime - how are things now with your DP? Mine is similar in that he won't have any tests done; I could have all the tests done that I wanted but he says he's done it before and all was ok then, so why bother?! He's a fan of 'what will be will be' as well. I'm far more impatient!

AF due Monday, no symptoms (although of course last month I had them all and it was a BFN!) but I think I will test anyway on Friday. Not so much as because I think it might be a BFP but because I have wine tasting to go to on Friday and a curry & cava night on Saturday, and would like to enjoy both with a clear conscience grin

metimeatlast Tue 16-Apr-13 19:59:16

ruby we had a nice hol, but then when we got home all hell broke lose that i cut it short he was NOT a happy bunny! he said he had never in his life been treated in such a disgusting way (all because we didnt get to see a bloody castle!) which when we were stood outside it i said lets go in now and his reply was no wait until friday confused we seem to be ok now though.
work is going well, i dont think we have managed to dtd since 24th march with one thing an another grin Im still secretly thinking of getting an implant, not because i dont want a baby, just because i think i need to be more sure that its what me and dp both want, as being very wishywashy (as my mum calls him lol) i want to be sure that we are still on the same page, as sometimes we are on the same word, others it can seem like we are on different books grin. although i know his answer will be to leave things as they are at the mo and carry on as normal.

wheres everybody upto???

Minion Wed 17-Apr-13 08:55:07

Morning gals.
Well he we are. Eggwatch has entered into its final stage. The awful and symptom spotting extravaganza that is affectionately known as the 2ww!
Ack.
Spent yesterday at work till 11pm, so no baby baking for me and app says optimum was yesterday so hopefully the extra curricular activities I put in the days before didn't go to waste.
Backache and weird tight stretching feeling across lower parts has made me a bit hmmm, but after the head mash of last months 2ww I'm not taking bets.
Sharon and Tracey seem to have calmed down, a bit. Still twingy and seeing as though I'm not temping yet I have no idea if I'm hotter or colder than usual.
TMI alert maybe... Quite a bit of the old pant snot yesterday made me think I'd come on early, nothing. So hoping that may be a sign...
Just waiting for the twins visit where they balloon up from twins to quads and the arrival of lank hair. Can't hardly wait.
Minion

RubySlippers77 Wed 17-Apr-13 21:04:18

metime - men are strange creatures, as we all know! I hope you are your OH manage to work things through and reach a place you're both happy with, as it's obviously upsetting you with him blowing hot and cold. My last ex was a big sulker and the reason we split up in the end was because I couldn't stand his tantrums; as I said to him at the time, he was 33, not 3. I don't want to go out with a toddler!! Anyway, I'm trying to say in a long winded kind of way that yes, maybe it's better to wait until you're sure that you want to have DC with him, or indeed be with him at all. Remember you can always come and talk to people on here if you don't have any friends nearby!

Don't you just love being a woman, minion!! Sometimes I really envy men, they have absolutely no idea what it's like being hormonal. To be fair to my OH, he is broody as hell, but doesn't understand what it's like with the 2ww..... 'what will be will be' is his saying. Which makes me want to throw something at him when I'm feeling particularly hormonal and have just found out that yet another person I know is having a baby.....

littlestgirlguide Wed 17-Apr-13 22:23:12

Oooh - EWCM! And exactly when it should be happening! Maybe I am ovulating this month.... Off to bed! :-)

Minion Thu 18-Apr-13 16:06:23

So, today sees the arrival of itchy tits!
Fun
Still having that weird tight feeling in lower abdomen. PMT is an absolute joy isn't it?

RubySlippers77 Sat 20-Apr-13 07:05:09

How's the PMT going minion? I had none this month but AF decided to visit 5 days early, very strange! Tested this morning just in case it was implantation bleeding (I know, wishful thinking) but BFN. I'll probably test again on Monday (when AF was actually due!) just to be sure, but other than that I'm preparing for next month...

Off to a course on positive thinking today. Reckon I may need it!!

Minion Sat 20-Apr-13 08:13:37

Morning ruby
The adventure continues. The most sore nips ive ever had, the continuing dull cu l cramp like ache and headaches are just going stellar! Thankfully ive kept my sense of humor throughout.
I had the weirdest taste in my mouth all day yesterday, but it won't be a pg symptom as its just too soon, so frig knows what's occurring. All I know for sure is that little pill does some weird stuff to bodies.
Im crossing my fingers for a BFP for you. Come back and let us know

RubySlippers77 Sun 21-Apr-13 23:08:52

Pah. No BFP for me. Hopefully it's your turn instead!!

Went to a course on positive thinking yesterday and despite my cynicism it was actually very good and very practical. Spent some quality time at the library today getting some useful books - have decided to concentrate on my getting fit mission, sign up for some Race for Life events and just make sure I'm as healthy as I can should a rugrat decide to appear! My OH is on his way back from a stag do though so will be in no fit state for anything for a few days.....

Minion Mon 22-Apr-13 09:46:24

Well good morning egg hunters.
So here we are. CD21 with 8 days remaining till the evil wench returns for a long weekend. I've thought about making her comfy but this time, sod it. Futon, old style black and white TV without remote and a plate of garibaldis, she won't like it and therefore move out promptly.. I hope.
On the symptom spotting like a meerkat on heat. So far I've clocked up... Dull achey crampish pain down there, doesn't really come and go, just lurks like a smelly trump, tingly boobs with tender nips and the cm did pretty much what the books said it does, except I don't seem to get the EWCM, just plenty of watery stuff which makes me think I've wet myself on waking... Ooer
So nowive got 8 days to wait. 8.long.days.
I don't believe I've been lucky this month so I'll just plod on regardless I reckon.

littlestgirlguide Thu 25-Apr-13 18:52:28

Afternoon folks, how's egg watch going for you all?
Thursday night marks te start of my weekend, and this time the start of typical PMT symptoms - sore boobs, tingly nips and bloatedness. This will last to the end of next week then dear old AF will arrive, just in time for my bank holiday weekend away, oh goody. DH managed to strain his groin early on this cycle so haven't had much action and I'm just chalking this month up to experience! Hopefully next month the groin strain will be better and we can get cracking on cycle 9!

Minion Fri 26-Apr-13 13:47:53

Hello, hello.
Well the app tells me I should roughly be 4 days froth the arrival of AF.
I'm still having cramps every day, some strong and sharpish, some dull and achey. Had that awful penny in your mouth taste a few times, not major though and boobs have not swelled up like last month (yet), nips still sensitive though and back is hurting very much.
So my PMS symptoms tend to focus on back pains.
I'm half wondering if there's anything more to it, obsessing like last month really.
Been using evil google to see if anyone else has same cramps for days on end, and some ladies have said they got them, then their BFP.
Oh, and was nauseous as anything yesterday and borked last night so who knows.
All I know is I'm not stressing like last time so that feels so much better.
Let me know how you are.

littlestgirlguide Fri 26-Apr-13 21:49:47

Minion, a metallic taste in your mouth?!

Minion Sat 27-Apr-13 07:08:09

Ai.
Just a few days though. Nothing exciting.

littlestgirlguide Mon 29-Apr-13 18:33:10

If my calculations are right Minion, AF should be due around your way about now? Before hotfoot ing it to me on thursday for the bank holiday weekend!

Minion Mon 29-Apr-13 19:10:25

You're absolutely correct Mrs. The evil wench is due tomorrow assuming itll be a 28 day cycle. Body is still coming down the pill so conservatively thinking between 28-32 days long.
Nips still sore, and still having cramps. Taste coming and going and spotty spotty.
Tis a shwme pms symptoms are the same as pg ones, x

littlestgirlguide Mon 29-Apr-13 19:39:00

Well keep us informed!
As I know categorically that I am not pregnant this month (poor DH and his groin strain!) I am using it as opportunity to chart standard cycle symptoms without getting all hung up on what everything means. It's quite refreshing!
I sold my buggy yesterday. My DD is nearly 4, and we've not used it for months, but I had a proper emotional moment as the lady who bought it put it in her car. It feels like the end of my time with a baby, I just can't seem to convince myself that we will ever get lucky again. All my baby memories went with that buggy. Our first family holiday, trips to the beach, hill walking, muddy camp sites.... Plus how the hell am I supposed to carry a picnic on this years holiday in June?!

Minion Wed 01-May-13 08:52:00

And so we begin again. CD1
I'm not too disappointed as lots of things happening work wise hopefully and being pg may have put a stop to it.
But hey Jo, onwards!
I feel the old body may just be starting to work itself into a rhythm post pill. I now know that I get sore nips before AF and that stops the morning she arrives and approx 12 hours before I suffer with a bit of nausea, so at least I know what to look for now.

littlestgirlguide Wed 08-May-13 22:15:09

How is everyone?
CD6 here, and so far so textbook. AF has gone after a fairly short (for me) stay of only 5 days. Maybe this will be my month, who knows! Conceiving this month would give us a February baby, and the whole spring and summer off work.... Better get busy ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now