What supplements do you take?

(17 Posts)
Nicelife24 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:38:26

Alohomora Thanks I may try it. I think I'll be rattling soon with all that I'm trying lol

Lots are saying about boots own conception, I may try them.

The isoflavones at day 2-5 do you mean from the start of your period the second to 5th day?

Thisisfreakingmeout Sat 30-Mar-13 09:02:06

Pregnacare His and Hers. The iron is doing funny things to me. I should take iron anyway but usually neglect it. Seemed like a good time to get as much good in as possible.
Congrats Dexidoo.

Dexidoo Sat 30-Mar-13 06:38:23

I took a boots own conception vit plus high strength omega 3 plus high dose vit B complex. Also soya isoflavones days 2-5.

Started them 4 cycles post mc in hope of improving egg quality and got pg on 2nd cycle of use, now 20 weeks smile

Alohomora Sat 30-Mar-13 06:31:05

Nicelife, B6 can help with bad PMT and is supposed to help balance out your hormones, so might well help with that - it's quite cheap so I thought it was worth a try.

heidihole Fri 29-Mar-13 18:20:28

I took a DHA pregnancy specific fish oil tablet. There masses abouts it online for being beneficial/essential. I don't eat any fish either so that's why

www.newparent.com/pregnancy/pregnant-women-fish-oil/

Also from another website read this:

Omega-3 in fish oil is very important in the development of your baby’s brain and eyes. More than half of your baby’s brain and eyes are made of DHA Omega-3.

Fish oil during pregnancy reduces risk of:
Postpartum Depression
Cerebral Palsy
Behavioral Problems
Gestational Diabetes
Infant Allergy
Preeclampsia
Premature Birth
Fish oil during pregnancy improves:
Baby’s Brain & Vision Development
Birth Weight & Size
Baby’s Immunity
IQ
Child’s Hand-eye Coordination in later years
Child’s Verbal and Communication Skills
DHA can only come from food or supplements. There is no other way to get it.

Nicelife24 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:19:12

Alohomora does b6 and evening primrose oil help regulate cycles? Mine are all over the place always late about day 41 at the moment. I am on pregnacare which I've heard can lengthen cycles, but I am late anyway without that

Alohomora Fri 29-Mar-13 18:10:07

I take vitamin B6 and Evening Primrose oil but tbh they're probably not strictly necessary, but as a teenager I had irregular peroids and big problems with my cycle, so even though the last couple of years everything's been fine as I've just come off BC I am trying to help things along.

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Mar-13 12:05:20

Pregnacare Conception
Flaxseed oil
EPO for the first 2 weeks of each cycle (not post-v)
D3
B6
Spatone for iron as recovering from recent MC

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Thu 28-Mar-13 07:45:08

flax seed oil is rich in Omega 3,6 and 9. If nothing else its good for skin and hair. It won't help get pregnant, only sex will do that but it might help me stay pregnant (see earlier post).

totallynaive Tue 26-Mar-13 16:29:47

I didn't know about flaxseed oil either. I take pregnacare conception and my partner takes the male version. I also take vitamin D, as I had a blood test that showed I was borderline deficient, and it is an important vitamin for conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy. And I have started munching goji berries and drinking ginger tea (Chinese medicine).

Nicelife24 Mon 25-Mar-13 21:00:24

I'm taking pregnacare, fish oils ginger, is the flaxseed oil meant to be good?

twinklestar2 Mon 25-Mar-13 20:53:40

Pregnacare Conception and OH takes the Wellman version

Trinpy Mon 25-Mar-13 18:13:15

I went through a stage of taking all kinds of vitamins and supplements in an attempt to get pregnant. No idea how much I spent but the amount of Boots points I accumulated makes me think it was quite a lot blush. I've been trying for a year so I'm glad I stopped forking out for all that stuff when I did.

I've just started taking own brand conception tablets but only because I hope to start clomid in a couple of months and I want to get my body in the best possible condition for it. If I ever ttc naturally again then I think I'll just take folic acid and eat healthily.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 25-Mar-13 17:45:48

Flax seed oil x 4 a day. I've had 3 x Mc's and am trying to improve my egg quality. I also have sunflower and pumpkin seeds in my musli.

wrighty2010 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:55:06

Hi, i read an interesting post on another site from a natural fertility expert on supplements to take when getting pregnant may be worth a reead or even sending her a question? The link to the post is http://forum.prideangel.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=532 Hope this helps! good luck xxx

abbyfromoz Fri 22-Mar-13 17:07:47

I didn't.

Tranquilitybaby Fri 22-Mar-13 15:44:12

Apart from Folic Acid, do you take anything else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now