Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

BeedlesPineNeedles Tue 14-May-13 11:13:14

I had thought that too keep but Ec is "planned" for the w/c 3rd june which means if I start stimming on 21st I would have to stim for at least 11 days as they only do EC at weekends if they really can't avoid it (ie hardly ever). Well they know how long my cycles are, so I assume they know what they are doing, but I might ask when I go in for my scan on Mon how long they expect I would need to stim for. Though as I think more about it I think they have planned a blood test on day 6 and a scan on day 9 so I suppose 8 days stimming could just about work.
Yes I know I am overthinking everything grin

Good luck Sweetie!

Beedle I think I am stimming for quite a while too. I think I start on the 19th June and EC is planned for 3rd July.

Sounds like you have a nice few days planned Keep if a bit windy

ControlGeek Tue 14-May-13 14:45:36

Really quick post as lots of people doing the desk-hover dance today.

sweetie very very very best of luck with today's scan, I can't wait to hear that you have finally seen your baby babies

I love MrG sooo much. Conversation this morning:

MrG: When our cherry tree grows up, will it look like that tree?
Me: No
MrG: Why not? <pout>
Me: Because that's an apple tree grin

grin Mr G is a legend!!!!! grin

Tis all sounding very positive on here, who's first to confirm??? smile

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Tue 14-May-13 16:16:53

Sweetie am brooking so hard for great scan results.

Well I've still not heard from the clinic hmm I'm getting a bit annoyed. I went to my new work today, I told my mentor about the IVF as she is going to be organising my shifts. She was very nice, she said they will do everything they can to accommodate it. She asked me to let her know any dates as soon as possible. When I got home I rung the clinic to chase it up and basically got the brush off. I spoke to a snotty woman who interrupted me and kept talking over me. Basically I was told they are very busy, ill be called back when someone has time and I need to stop calling as I'm preventing other people calling who need to request treatment. The bloody witch actually made me cry confused

shockangry Cups I would have to think about making a complaint about her, I know it might feel awkward as they will be looking after your treatment but a splitarse witch with the bedside manner of a rhinoceros has no place dealing with such a sensitive and emotive thing! Don't let her have any more of your tears thanks

Forgot to say yesterday Geek, one cuddle was administered to K on your behalf smile

Solars Tue 14-May-13 16:30:49

Oh no Cups that sounds awful, when you are up and running with treatment I would complain. But if ever I get someone rude to me on the phone, I ask them their full name and they soon change their tune then.

Well I've had a fair bit of spotting today so I have called the clinic and I am going in for my day 1 bloods tomorrow, I have to be there for 7.30am!!!! Please, please brook that my fsh and oestradial levels are ok tomorrow so I can start treatment!

Withalittlesparkle Tue 14-May-13 16:47:11

Bahaahahaha Mr G, what a legend!!

BlindKitty Tue 14-May-13 17:03:29

keep have you been to Chang Mao before? Can totally recommend the elephant sanctuary (the ethical one) if you like that sort of thing x

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Tue 14-May-13 17:14:37

I hope Sweetie is ok

In situations like this I worry about complaining as I think maybe its my fault for not being assertive enough or maybe I'm being over sensitive. I'm going to call in the morning and ill try not to be such a walk over.

That's great that you are booked to go in Solars, ill be brooking for lovely FSH and scan results.

BlindKitty Tue 14-May-13 17:31:26

*mai

still no news of sweetie's litter? god I hope they are just out celebrating with a slap up meal.
cups stand your ground, how dare they fob you off.
keep hope you have a lovely Time.

SweetieTime Tue 14-May-13 20:15:07

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, we went out for tea straight from the clinic. So you can imagine it was good news. We saw not only one little fluttering heartbeat but two!!! OMG we are having twins. She also said she couldn't tell if either had split again as they were both in their own sacks. It was amazing to see, we were both quite emotional. I still can not quite believe it. I know there is a long way to go yet but I am stunned.

I will post this in the grads thread too. Off for a lie down in a dark room now xx

Sweetie I am over the bloody moon for you xxx

Cups make a complaint. She shouldn't speak to you like that. They are meant to be sensitive considering the area they work in. We are so lucky, our clinic are amazing. Well, I didn't particularly like my consultant, but we won't see her much!

Solars lovely, I got carried away an forgot to say, am brooking for tip top results and the start of IVF x

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Tue 14-May-13 20:27:40

AMAZEBALLS!!! Sweetie that is fantastic news. Twins shockshockshock

<shrieks> omg that's bloody amazing! shock smilegrin
how many weeks are you? thanks

SweetieTime Tue 14-May-13 20:42:57

Cups sorry to hear that rude woman was so nasty to you. The staff were horrible at our first clinic which is why I changed. Manners cost nothing at the end of the day. Hope you are ok love but can you complain through PALS?

face I am only 7 weeks today. The nurse did measurements and one was 7 weeks and the other was 7+1 so back on track. They are only the size of coffee beans apparently.

Solars Tue 14-May-13 20:50:31

Sweetie fantastic scan news!!

ah cute! and did I read that right there's a hint that there could be more than 2!
I've always wanted twins, boy & girl. don't think it will happen though. envy grin
I so shock for you. bloody amazing!

SweetieTime Tue 14-May-13 20:55:57

face I am not sure, the nurse was on about when the embryo splits on its own. I think there is a higher risk if multiples run in either family. They don't run in either mine or DH. Thank goodness, that would be a step too far.

haha. your going to have your hands full enough!
did you go somewhere nice for tea?

SweetieTime Tue 14-May-13 20:59:34

We went to Handmade Burger company in Meadowhall, I am making most of it while I still fancy food. I am stuffed now grin

good girl! there is 3 of you to feed after all.

SweetieTime Tue 14-May-13 21:03:58

DH has already warned me about eating for 3 blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now