Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

ControlGeek Tue 23-Apr-13 07:55:54

maybe it really is lovely to see you back ((hugs)) This is the second AF post-op. The first was horrendous. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come - 28 day cycle, 3 day AF, I can live with that thank you very much!

That is some lovely optimism from you there Geek I am sorry that you didn't get the right result though.

Maybe don't you go anywhere, when you're off your brooking that's when you need us the most!!!

<takes brew from the buffet>

BeedlesPineNeedles Tue 23-Apr-13 08:22:50

sorry about the faulty peesticks geek but good news about the new improved AF. I have also been known to PIAR after AF if she has been particularly light or short blush my sticks are always faulty too.

Thanks for the breakfast maybe

Munxx Tue 23-Apr-13 08:36:15

Aw sorry geek

maybe! <big hugs>

Hello to all!

Back to the chimps tea party breakfast

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Tue 23-Apr-13 10:18:30

Morning, sorry I missed the PIAR, PAOS,PIACC party last night. I obviously didn't see the rat signal in time grin

Geek sorry about the faulty pee sticks. It's good news that AF only needed to visit you for a short time. She knows she won't be seeing you again for 9 months so she clearly decided to cut her losses and move on.

Sweetie have just seen your pee stick, that is a giant BFP!! How are you doing? Have you been in touch with the clinic yet?

Just a quick one from me as I'm off to work in 20 mins. I've made some banana & cinnamon muffins. So yummy & only 117 calories! MrCups is on a mega fitness drive, he has lost 15kg already. He is being very careful what he eats which is really testing my baking/cooking skills blush

BeedlesPineNeedles Tue 23-Apr-13 10:30:02

Well done MrCups that's fab. feel free to leave some yummy muffins around here for us cups it was hours ago that maybe made breakfast grin

We were both weighed and measured when we went for our appointment last week. I undertsand they probably have a BMI limit for treatment for women, but I was quite surprised that they wanted to measure MrB too. I'm pleased to say he weighs more than me but not a huga amount more.

ScrambledSmegs Tue 23-Apr-13 13:33:27

Oh geek, that's rubbish that you got more crappy pee-sticks today too.

I shall brook quietly that your BFP comes along very, very soon, and that you too shall have a non-sleeping, teething, dribbling supplier of poonamis grin.

keepitgoing Tue 23-Apr-13 16:13:23

geek sorry for the faulty pee sticks. I too have peed after AF... Have you phoned your consultant <nag, nag>

ControlGeek Tue 23-Apr-13 18:18:06

<hangs head. No Mrs Keep not yet blush I was thinking of giving it a couple of weeks because it's only just been two months and I don't want to seem pushy or chase while there may be a letter in the post or something <wimp>

<distracts the brookers with a lovely sausage and bean casserole then legs it>

ControlGeek Tue 23-Apr-13 18:29:56

Oops ran away posted too soon - thanks everyone for being so sweet and lovely. I'm ok, just made the mistake this month of getting my hopes up. Things were definitely easier before the op when I had convinced myself we had no chance of a natural result.

I am rather pleased that I am not the only one who has POAS after AF though Smegs and Musical my lovelies you have a lot to answer for!

smegs You saying that has just reminded me. My local wetherspoons have been taking part in the world beer festival and had a beer on called Pounamu. Well I only went to the bar and asked for a poonami, didn't I blush blush blush

cups well done on MrCups' fitness drive! It's fab when our men join in.

beedle I am glad to hear that the weights and measures all went well. Nobody has suggested MrG get measured, is it just a Swedish thing do you think?

Sorry for lack of posts, laptop must be well and truly dead as we were expecting a call last night or this morning from the chap supposed to be fixing it and we still haven't heard anything. I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

SweetieTime Tue 23-Apr-13 18:37:42

Geek sorry to hear about your faulty stick this morning. I wonder if it is a new cycle pattern post op. I second keep and think you should chase up the letter in the post appointment

Smegs was it you who watched Broadchurch last night? OMG, What an excellent series, I loved it. What are we going to do on a Monday evening now?

Beedle I was weighed and measured prodded and poked at each different clinic, but DH never had to go through that humiliation

Cup well done to MrC for his weight loss, it can only be a good thing for baby making. Have you resigned yet? <nosey emoticon>

Lovely to see Maybe back in our ample bosom

I poa2s this morning, 14 days past EC. It was darker on both IC and Superdrug. So I think I am officially PSEPP. OMG, OMG, OMG.

<breathes into a paper bag>

Solars Tue 23-Apr-13 19:12:22

Sweetie how exciting for you, how are you feeling? Any symptoms?

My rat signal is obviously not working, I can't believe I've missed so much exciting goings on.

Geek sorry about faulty pee sticks, I've not peed in a ramekin since my ivf cycle I think and have no pee sticks at home, I'm in awe of you stash! I agree you should be calling I think I would have rang quite a lotfew times already by now but then I'm a bit like that I think.

Well done indeed on the weight loss to MrCups. How are you doing Cups?

Beedle are you getting your head around everything now? When do you start on the drugs?

Lovely to see the oldies graduates around wink

Munxx Tue 23-Apr-13 19:29:13

Yay sweetie!

I must confess I peed on a stick a week until my first scan blush

BlindKitty Tue 23-Apr-13 20:39:13

waves at maybe

geek bummer sad, you're time will come soon though babs xxx

wish i had a scooby doo where im up to with my cycle! decided not to opk this month and just rely on bbt but its a bit scew-wiff this month! its cd 26 and ive just announced to dh that we're still on an incredibly long shag week. Just don't want to take the risk of missing it!!!

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 24-Apr-13 07:17:47

Woohoo sweetie do you have to wait until the official test date before you speak to the clinic?

Well I'm not sure why they wanted to weigh and measure MrB then, I just thought it must be a standard thing to do. they did warn me in the letter that I would need to see a nurse whilst I was waiting for my appointment to get weighed. So I did that and then she just told me to send in my partner to get done too. Perhaps its so they can keep up the quota of tall blond swedish people <argh we've failed already> grin

solars can't believe your rat signal's not working. I start on the drugs on Tuesday next week. I went to the chemist to get my prescription yesterday, and came home with a carrier bag full of drugs, it wasn't even everything, they were 1 box short on 2 things so I need to go back. The cost wasn't too bad either.

kitty I see you're trying to fool AF by pretending to relax, good thinking grin

keepitgoing Wed 24-Apr-13 08:13:17

beedle wowee you're starting! Are you doing LP? Are you paying, I thought it was covered...

ControlGeek Wed 24-Apr-13 08:20:14

Oooh beedle how exciting!!! Are you having to pay for your whole treatment, or just the drugs? And I am most disappointed to hear that MrB is not tall and blonde. You'll be telling us he's not even a Swede next! I had him all pictured complete with blonde moustache sad

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 24-Apr-13 08:30:19

no sorry he's not blond and he doesn't have a moustache either (thank god!) but he is swedish grin
We don't have to pay for the treatment just a token amount fo reach visit to the doc, but I think I've nearly reached the maximum for the year on that too. All my drugs cost £220 but if we have to go again within 12 months they'll be completely free. So I think the 1st cycle (inc test and drugs) will cost us about £400, and anything more wwithin 12 months will be free, including normal doctors visits and any other prescriptions (I'd better get my money's worth!)

and yes it is LP, 3 weeks of downregging but with a nasal spray so no injections yet grin (not sure if that's normal or not?)

keepitgoing Wed 24-Apr-13 08:49:20

Yes, I think that's normal. BTW I think it's during the downregging that people feel worse, just to prepare you.

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 24-Apr-13 10:18:52

yes keep I had heard that but I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and saying la la la I'm not listening grin You can remind me of this in a couple of weeks when I'm ready to kill everyone.

I think I've just guaranteed my BFP by agreeing that MrB can go skiing at the beginning of next year. It feels like to tempting fate to work out exact dates but I think a short holiday for him in january should be ok based on EC at teh beginning of June for me.

Solars Wed 24-Apr-13 15:37:32

Beedle that is definitely tempting fate and guaranteeing your BFP fo' sure! By the way I was ok on the downregging although after I got my withdrawal bleed I distinctly felt a change in mood, but I still wasn't that bad. I'm sure you'll be fine. I was told to drink lots of water, helps to get the drugs where they're needed I think.

Kitty how long are your cycles normally?

So I went in for my mid cycle scan today, was a little nervous as it was the first scan I've had since the lap and I'm relieved to say that at least the cyst hasn't come back since its removal. He saw a dominant follicle on the right side which he was saying looked ready to pop soon, 5-6 further follicles were seen on both ovaries which was good. Also called my womb beautiful and I had a great lining! So I was chuffed. My AMH came back as 7.3 which I was surprised as I was expecting something much lower and he said that was really good for my age. I also saw the main consultant Mr T there wandering around which I have said to DH is a good sign or omen so the IVF/ICSI is bound to work. It's quite odd as they hand you your notes as you wait for your scan and so I had a look through mine and they'd written a cause for infertility as endometriosis which has kind of made me feel a bit better about things.

Geek how are you doing?

And Maybe it's lovely to see you around too.

ControlGeek Wed 24-Apr-13 17:51:41

solars yay! That sounds like a fab scan/appointment result. Are you really being seen by Mr T? I am now picturing a big burly black fella with mohican and denim waistcoat, A-Team style! grin Thank you, I'm doing well here. Just a minor bit of spotting for the last two days, practically nothing, which I am gobsmacked about. I love my new-style AF!

beedle wow, that is a surefire guarantee of your BFP - are you going to be ok with MrB going off on a jolly when you're just past 7 months gone? So pleased that you're able to get started so quickly, did they say why they have chosen LP rather than SP for you? I'm still all confused about how they decide which protocol to put people on.

kitty thank you, I hope so too. 12 years really is a bit much to be waiting for my BFP.

Sorry for lack of posts today, there was a bit of a crisis at work and I had to pull out all the stops to get it sorted. Hopefully, half an hour working from home this evening and it will all be over though.

BlindKitty Wed 24-Apr-13 20:20:03

beedle yes I was ‘pretending’ to be cool. I’m definitely not going without OPKs next cycle –as of course, I’ll need them-- Have been uber anxious just relying on useless bbt.

solars not really sure without clomid, reckon about 33 days.

geek it so is too long <sends hugs> This is only your first cycle after your op though xxx

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 03:50:24

geek lovely, it's far too long. Work sounds crappy.

solars yay! Sounds like all's good - will you start next month then?

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 25-Apr-13 05:40:21

Fab news solars will you be starting soon? It would be great to have a cycle buddy.

geek when I asked about LP v SP the doc said it was better to do LP in people like me who have really short cycles as the eggs can start growing for the next cycle before the previous one ends. Not sure how true this is, I think its mainly so that they programme things a bit better, that why they have already decided I will downreg for 3 weeks. Of course if I don't need 2 weeks worth of stims it will bugger up their programme! I'm sure they know what they're doing though grin

And I'm ok about the skiing, its only 4 days and he won't be leaving the country. We can't both put our lives on hold for something that has a 70% chance of not happening. And he'd only lose the deposit if I made him cancel!

I had got all prepared to speak to my boss today, so I told mrb this last night, and he now thinks I shouldn't tell and I should just take holiday aargh! His reason being that he also has professional contact with my boss and he doesn't think IVF would be considered as sick leave (I've tried searching our intranet but can't find any policies or guidance) and whilst I could possibly cope with telling my boss I don't want to have to speak to some HR people that I've never really spoken to before. Anyway I'll be in the car with boss man later and I'll try to talk to him about taking holiday for unknown dates.

keep has mrkeep got a job for when you come back yet? Do you know where you'll be living?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now