Symptom spotting- a compilation

(117 Posts)
BankWuggery Mon 18-Mar-13 13:01:06

This is really just to pass the time of a 2ww. I can't test until at least Sunday and although I know I can't possibly detect any symptoms until at least then (or if not after), can you lot please come and tell me what "symptoms" you watch out for?

I've heard stuff about a runny nose, grumbly tum, headaches etc etc and my rational side knows that these would be either coincidental or just imagined at this stage- but would help me pass the time!

So, what vvv early pregnancy symptoms do you look out for?

CabbageLooking Mon 25-Mar-13 10:25:48

Morning all - I cracked and bought some cheapo sticks (99p for 3 from B&M Home Stores if anyone needs them). Nothing as yet. I'm hoping it's just too early as I really don't feel quite right. Fingers crossed for all of you still to test. Ruby Last time round, we went down the "just shagging" route for two months and the moment we actually started looking at the calendar and working out ovulation dates we conceived.

BankWuggery Mon 25-Mar-13 14:07:46

Afternoon all.

Nathan don't give up hope- I also cracked (like Cabbagesmile) and tested this morning, got a BFN (boo) but like you I am not really sure when I should be testing as ovulation was up the creek this month and although I normally get really clear OV signs, it wasn't obvious this month. So I suppose there's still time for us!

Ruby, when we were ttc the first time (ds1 now 8y) I used OPK's, charted my temperature and so on- and ended up making myself really stressed. Then one month I decided it was getting a bit silly and I neded to take a chill pill so I put it all away and just looked at the calendar like Cabbage. Boom! I got pregnant straight away. Our bodies are just weird!

Good luck to those still spotting symptoms!

Meemawandmoonpie Mon 25-Mar-13 20:06:59

All symptoms except sore lower back have gone so probably out this month. Ah well!

whyno Mon 25-Mar-13 20:10:29

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anyone else experiences this but I always get a massive thirst as my very first symptom. It usually only lasts one night then a couple of days later BFP! Like a crazy waking up all night desperate for water thirst. First pregnancy I thought I was getting diabetes!

whyno Mon 25-Mar-13 20:12:31

Ooooh just read that some people are thirsty...! grin

CabbageLooking Tue 26-Mar-13 07:26:17

Did another test this morning. Nada. All symptoms seem to have disappeared. I still have until Thursday but I'm getting less and less hopeful. Hope someone somewhere has good news today.

IrnBruTheNoo Tue 26-Mar-13 08:22:25

DH had to drink wine to himself because I could not stomach it. I took one sip and boaked. He had to drink my glass the other night...

minicc Tue 26-Mar-13 15:34:03

I'm out, 2 days late it finally shows!

CabbageLooking Tue 26-Mar-13 15:38:14

IrnBru sounds promising.... Minicc bad luck, fingers crossed for next month.

I have started spotting - two days early which is unusual so I'm desperately grasping at straws and hoping that it is in fact a good sign and NOT the start of AF.

Meemawandmoonpie Tue 26-Mar-13 16:52:27

Now I'm thinking all mine were signs of me coming down with the chest infection I'm currently 'enjoying'. 2 more and days and we shall see...

NathanDetroit Tue 26-Mar-13 18:32:52

I'm totally out, AF even showed up a bit earlier than expected. Good luck to anyone holding out. xx

IamKuma Tue 26-Mar-13 19:01:40

I lost my resolve and POAS on Monday morning and got a BFN, possibly a bit early but it was one of the early tests so not feeling very positive, also feeling PMSy today so think AF is on the way. Was going to test tomorrow, but think I'll wait and see whether AF turns up on Thursday or not, so 2 days to go.....

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting to test.

LithaR Tue 26-Mar-13 21:08:27

I'm on the waiting game too. Although not planned, leaky condom. I feel almost exactly how I did when pregnant with my son. Discovered that one a week before my period too so think I might be sensitive to the hormones or something.

Got all the bloaty/gas, peeing more, thirsty, nausea etc. Although this morning had the taste of metal in my mouth. Not to mention cooking spag bol was torture due to the meat smelling weird.

LithaR Tue 26-Mar-13 21:09:23

Oh I'm due to test on the 10th >_<. So a very long wait D:

RubySlippers77 Wed 27-Mar-13 22:09:07

Oh dear, it looks like it's been a BFN for everyone this month so far sad good luck to everyone who has still to test and for the rest of us, we'll have to keep trying!! x

minicc Fri 29-Mar-13 12:31:46

Hmmm I'm still waiting for af to turn up, 5 days late. 2 bfn but have had spotting on and off all week with some cramping. Totally confused, last 4 cycles have been 22 days long since I stopped b'feeding. Either want my period to come or a bfp- past caring which one now!

BankWuggery Fri 29-Mar-13 15:34:31

Sounds promising minicc!

Well I'm out ladies, AF arrived today. Drat her ;)

Au revoir til next month- I will be due to OV aroundabout 14th April- see you then symptom spotters x

Meemawandmoonpie Sat 30-Mar-13 17:17:43

2 days late. so many symptoms and a BFN, what's going on body? Either way I would like to be let in on the secret!

RubySlippers77 Sun 31-Mar-13 00:25:49

meemaw - hope things get better for you soon. It really is very frustrating being a woman sometimes!

DP & I had a more serious conversation about children following this month's worries over possible BFP. We'd both like them but time isn't on our side - I'm 35, he's 41 - so another thing to worry about on my list! Anyone have any suggestions for helping me to chill out a bit?! I blame my mum for passing on the worrying gene to me...!

Choedron Sun 31-Mar-13 22:31:14

Hi all, I am very new to this site. I am 34 and have been actively trying for 3 years and had a miscarriage last year. I have had all my tests done and everything come back normal. I have now been referred to ivf but decided to wait a bit.

My cycle usually last 33-35 days, though this month it is 42 days and no sign of my period. Yesterday I had some bright red spotting which turned brown today, still no flow. I tested negative andI have no idea what can be wrong. Any suggestions??

No feeling of pregnancy whatsoever... Thanks!

inadreamworld Mon 01-Apr-13 22:04:17

With both of my children the first sign of pregnancy was increase in vaginal discharge a day or two before period was due. Also a bit of period like cramos with no period. Hope this helps - but I think we all get different symptoms.

Meemawandmoonpie Tue 02-Apr-13 06:26:55

Flo has decided to visit. 5 days late but nonetheless just as fierce. Witch!

BankWuggery Thu 04-Apr-13 15:08:23

Hi Choedron. Any more news? Only just spotted your post and didn't want it to go unanswered.

Boo for Meemaw. Sorry AF has arrived. Mine was thankfully v short this month, does that mean that my whole cycle might be shorter too? Anyone know how it works?

Ruby- re: chilling out, I've found in the past that Yoga has helped massively in being able to relax in general- just knowing how to breathe properly helped me. And the relaxation bit they normally do at the end are uber-blissful smile

RubySlippers77 Tue 09-Apr-13 12:13:43

bank - as and when I rejoin the gym (probably next month once they finish their neverending 'improvement' works!) I'll give the yoga a try. I'm going on an NLP course next weekend to help me think positively and am off for an aromatherapy massage soon. Anything to help, I'm such a worrier!

I don't think the AF length has anything to do with cycle length, or at least not in my experience - I'm usually 27-29 days with AF about 5 days, although it has been known to be longer. 12 days is my record so far and I have no wish to beat it sad

BankWuggery Thu 11-Apr-13 23:36:31

Ruby I'm going on an NLP course soon too I hope! FIts in well with my job but hadn't thought about how I could use it in my personal life...hmmmm now I'm thinking!

Honestly I was not expecting yoga to be so helpful. I was in a difficult place at the time, and learning how to relax and breathe well helped me hugely. I'm not normmally in the least bit "woo" but I will bang on forever about how luvverly yoga is smile

Should be ovulating today or tomorrow but once again work is well stressy so it may be kicked out of sync. Not actually sure that I ovulated at all last month, could have been a couple of options but wasn't convicnced of which day (normally quite obvious for me) and then when my period was so light I did wonder. Ho well, I'll just get on and do the deed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now