TTC 10 + months, part 14 (eek)

(1000 Posts)
GinSoaked Fri 15-Mar-13 10:03:26

A friendly, supportive thread for lovely ladies taking waaay longer than they ever expected to win their babies

MuddyWellyNelly Wed 24-Apr-13 17:24:40

I had sedation MrsDen but its quite heavy so essentially out cold. Feeling a bit sleepy but only just home. Had to avoid home for a bit for complex reasons so went for a late lunch instead. Now finally in my PJs and trying to decide between a nap or doing some work. wink

Can't say I'm feeling hugely optimistic but she said sperm looked good and egg didn't look immature so that's a good start I suppose. We had a surreal convo before they took me in, around DE, and its something we would both consider. So at least we have that as a next step.

Joy no mutual friends other than each other! But I don't live near anyone else so it'd be unlikely I guess?

ThatWayMadnessLies Wed 24-Apr-13 18:22:34

On my phone after a long day at work. wanted to say woohoo to 2 embies on board mrsd grin. What shall we call them over the next however long until otd? I am rubbish at nicknames.....

Everything crossed that the golden egg becomes the golden embie. Don't you dare do any work tonight! I forbid it wink.

Intrigued by hot MrC. A very brave man indeed to meet a ten plusser. i think MrM would panic!

Off for the drive home but will check back in from the sofa tonight. waves to all.

ArtemisTheHunter Wed 24-Apr-13 18:35:30

Good news Nelly and MrsD! I second the work ban Nelly. Get thee onto the sofa with comfort food and a box set, and strict instructions to Mr Nelly to do some serious pampering which in our house goes as far as Mr A providing chocolate and giving up the remote control.

Joy I haven't discovered any mutual FB friends in RL. However, based on Facetube perusal I can confirm Euro's assessment of Mr Critter, though I should also point out that our Critter is pretty hot herself wink

Having said that I must be careful not to mention norks again in case you all conclude I've been hacked by a leering perv grin. Waves and good wishes for relaxing evenings all.

seaviewasia Wed 24-Apr-13 18:49:40

Great news and well done to Mrsd and nelly. Hurrah eggs! Come on embies! Sending lots of positive vibes!

buzzybee123 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:02:58

just running in quickly as I'm in the middle of baking,

mrsd Well done on being PUPO

nelly yay to golden egg laying

buzzybee123 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:05:22

critter just checked out mr c wink

sarlat Wed 24-Apr-13 19:31:04

Fantastic work nelly and den. Go embies go. Hello all xx

mrsden Wed 24-Apr-13 19:47:13

Poor mrcritter, being checked out by all the 10 plussers grin

Nelly, i also say no work! You've laid an egg and deserve pampering tonight.

TheRealRamona Wed 24-Apr-13 21:29:07

Great news and well done mrsd and nelly! I have my fingers tightly crossed for both of you.

Thanks for the clomid info, pout and artemis. I am fearful of weight gain but it appears not quite fearful enough to lay off the crisps. As far as the moods go, I've come to the conclusion I'm like a child when I've got pmt. I'm well behaved and civil all day at work and when I get home I'm evil to everyone I love. Poor MrR if that gets worse on clomid!

To continue the boob talk, lemons, mine are always sore pre-af too, so I never get excited about it being a symptom, but I can usually see over them. grin

Sea, I hadn't even thought of IUI as an option (I really am learning) but I'm definitely going to look into it while we wait for IVF. Grateful to you and joy for mentioning it.

Hope everyone is having lush evenings!

MuddyWellyNelly Wed 24-Apr-13 22:09:04

Well I took your advice and snoozed. I am now in bed and the cat has just painfully prodded me in the ovary. I haven't used a fanny candle yet, should I? These are self diagnosed, obtained on the black market style so can't ask clinic. I sort of want to wait until I see if my not-troubling-the-leaders-yet egg earns a podium place for bronze, by fertilising overnight. Will it make a difference if I wait until tomorrow before starting confused

Ramona this is a very informative thread isn't it!

I too am loving us all ogling MrC. They are a cute couple but then I think all the 10+ers I've stalked on FB are gorge.

MrsD I got your request and accepted. I apologise in advance. My posts nearly always involve hobbles or me moaning about the shit weather...but if you look back at pics I've liked and commented on in the last day or so you can see my gorgeous nephews grin

MuddyWellyNelly Wed 24-Apr-13 22:11:01

Buzzy I've just worked out pupo and I love it!! That was how I felt after ET last time. Great acronym!

EuroShaggleton Wed 24-Apr-13 22:20:32

Just popping on quickly to say hurrah for good ECs and ETs!

Heh. I really started something re: Mr C, didn't I? Oops.

<Ogles boobs for good measure>

I've had about 5 mins at my computer all day, and now I'm off for a team dinner... It's been good, but completely knackering!

ThatWayMadnessLies Wed 24-Apr-13 22:51:41

All this ogling is making me question my avoidance of Facebook grin.

Can I request that my boobs get smaller on progesterone, please? MrM will be thrilled with more but they're already rather ample (30ff) so I dread to think how big they could be by the end of a pregnancy, let alone after breast feeding shock.

I don't think I've properly welcomed ramona. Sorry you're here but I hope that you find it a nice place to be. It's wonderful to feel that there are ladies out there going through the same thing who are always available if you need to rant and rave or cry. They're also amazingly generous in helping successful 10plussers celebrate.

Glad that you avoided work nelly. MrM is going to take all of Monday off with me for EC so that he can take care of me. He really is trying hard. I wonder if subsequent cycles might involve less attention........

I won't even attempt to name check everyone as I am sleepy and forgetful and would make a mess of it. I hope that everyone has had a lovely evening and that we have more good news on the fertilisation front tomorrow. I have a good feeling about this thread xx

mrsden Thu 25-Apr-13 07:02:14

Nelly, I started the progesterone the morning after ec. That's what the dr told me to do, although the nurse said to start it on the day of ec. I figure it can't matter. I did some googling and some people don't start until et day.

akuabadoll Thu 25-Apr-13 08:10:25

mrsden you are right, the progesterone thing is not an exact science. Don't worry nelly there is no big deal over when to start. You will find the same in a successful cycle, there are plenty of versions of when to stop too.

madness however many cycles reserve the right to feel completely different about it yourself but demand exactly the same high standard care from other half wink

madness I'm questioning my facebook avoidance too on account of the hotcritters

mrsden Thu 25-Apr-13 09:10:54

madness and doll oh go on and join FB, you know you want to grin. Actually, I don't really recommend it. My news feed is full of baby and pregnancy news. It can be quite depressing some days. But, it's the best way to keep in touch with some family and friends and I do love a good snoop.

joy no mutual friends, although I suspect we wouldn't have to dig that deep to find some connections. It is interesting that there does seem to be some similarities between us. I think those of us that post here represent a certain demographic grin

MuddyWellyNelly Thu 25-Apr-13 10:09:11

Mad and Doll, join but just befriend us!!

Sooo.... We are in bronze medal position and still in the race. We had fertilisation, it looks normal, and ET tomorrow. Assuming nothing bad happens then tomorrow I will consider a silver medal, with Gold reserved for you-know-what.

No indication that assisted hatching will help (no thickening at all and there is a danger with a normal zone that if you do it you actually risk damaging it) so we haven't done that.

So it does seem I make ok eggs and we make embryos. So far we still have a 100% fertilisation rate so I'm definitely only pumping out the good eggs. It does make me nervous about implantation but hopefully the progesterone might help.

MuddyWellyNelly Thu 25-Apr-13 10:10:23

Also thanks for the progesterone advice, I will start tonight (going to brave the back door pre ET).

EuroShaggleton Thu 25-Apr-13 15:19:53

Hurrah for fertilisation, nelly. Fingers crossed that this is your golden egg.

ThatWayMadnessLies Thu 25-Apr-13 15:20:51

A bit early for my next appointment so cheekily checking up in the car. well done nelly for your 100% success rate grin. I am willing that embie to keep getting stronger in preparation for tomorow's transfer.

how are you feeling mrsd? I think the wait this time will be agonizing because I'll know that something has happened. I'm the same as you in that i don't think anything has met before. my dodge tubes and 'hostile environment' will have thwarted MrM's swimmers before they reached the egg i think.

Must run - work beckons.....

mrsden Thu 25-Apr-13 16:24:46

yay for the golden egg nelly I think it's got to be a good one if it hasn't had any competition. It sounds really positive that it fertilised and is going strong. My et was at lunch time so I put the progesterone in as normal at about 7am as I think they dissolve quite quickly. I was then told to put my evening dose in as soon as I got home. Mine are small, only the size of a painkiller capsule but I have to use 4 a day. I was told only to use the front door because it has a greater effect on the lining then and is absorbed more easily. This was the pharmacist who told me that so I'm a little hmm Do you get an injection of progesterone then? It seems strange your clinic doesn't offer you the pessaries. I thought they were standard for ivf because the drugs affect progesterone levels.

madness I feel very normal, I think I'll think of myself as npupo. I don't want to build hopes and have them destroyed. gin when did you first get an inkling you might be pregnant? Does anyone know what day implantation happens?

CritterPants Thu 25-Apr-13 16:44:46

Whew, I missed a lot yesterday! <proud> and also blush and grin about you all saying MrC is a looker, although I second nelly in saying that all the 10plussers I've seen are a beautiful bunch. smile I won't be telling MrC about the admiring comments though, don't want him to start putting on any airs! wink

nelly Hurrah for fertilisation! That's brilliant - a perfect egg. Well done you for laying it! We've shown before that one egg can be the lucky one, so keep an open heart. We're all rooting for you.

madness have you got a date yet for EC?

mrsd Good luck for this long wait. Lots of distractions will be the key I think to managing it. I really have high hopes for you and your mister this time. It's great that you have two lovely little embies in there, bedding in!

euro hope your week hasn't been too exhausting - sad I didn't get to see you again! Not long now til your next cycle starts.

ramona good luck with the clomid. The key is to make sure you are monitored on it. Are you happy with your doctor? Thanks for the bakewell tart too!

naoko waves, I remember you! Sorry you're still dealing with this.

buzzy what's PUPO? <obtuse>

lemon when is your last IUI? It must be your due date soon - sorry my love. sad

joy and rabbit I was so sorry to hear you are both feeling so down and lost. I really think some kind of forward plan will help. I wish I could say something that would make this easier and that I had sar's gift for saying the right thing.

sar and gin crossing my fingers that you both have reassuring scans soon.

pout I hope you have your FET soon. I can imagine the wait would be frustrating.

I've missed lots of people. blush After my Miami trip yesterday - which was really nice if tiring - I went in this morning for the dildocam and bloodtest. I haven't had blood test results yet but I had 14 follies on one side and 15 on the other so a total of 29 shock and the doctor said my ovaries are quite large and I'm at risk of OHSS. He didn't seem too worried though and I feel ok, if a bit achey. I go in again on Saturday morning and then the trigger will be either Saturday or Sunday night, with EC on Monday or Tuesday - so a total of 8 or 9 days stimming... I hope that's enough confused. I'm throwing a party for MrC's 34th birthday on Saturday so am a bit worried about having to boot people out at the end of the night so I can have my trigger shot in peace and police MrC so he doesn't get too boozed up before injecting me in the arse but I think it will be fine.

EuroShaggleton Thu 25-Apr-13 16:56:21

Wow, critter you are an egg machine! I'm glad the Miami trip was nice. The weather is beautiful here in DC today.

PUPO=pregnant until proved otherwise. I love it!

Belated welcome, ramona.

mrsden Thu 25-Apr-13 16:59:01

critter that does sound like a lot of follicles, it's quite common when the problem is pcos. OHSS only becomes a problem after ec so make sure your doctor keeps a close eye on you then. That's great though that ec will be early next week. Are you having to take a drug to stop ovulation happening too early as well? It sounds good that you'll be scanned before the trigger, this is what I'm going to ask for next time so that ec doesn't happen too early. My follies were the right size on the Friday but then seemed to stop growing over the weekend so they weren't big enough by ec. Everyone's response is different so it is all a guessing game.

ThatWayMadnessLies Thu 25-Apr-13 17:28:37

critter you will be spoilt for choice! My EC is planned for Monday (scan tomorrow morning to confirm) so you will have caught me up. Your 8 days stimming to my 17 smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.