BFP 2013

(793 Posts)
KerryJewels Thu 14-Mar-13 15:17:48

I was on a thread already..with my friends RedRobin1,wee,twinkle,Alex...but now I can't find them..so hopefully they will find me!!I'm on my second round of Clomid TTC a third and final child.I have PCOS and one tube due to an eptopic so the trying part has not been so easy!!Just wanting to talk with others going through the same ordeal as me.Wanting to concieve and share the experience..it can be a long,difficult road.Hope to char with someone soon!!

Alexandra6 Sun 17-Mar-13 13:25:26

BFP!!!!!!!!!!! Only dpo 11 so too early to celebrate really, but amazing!!!

Thingymajigs Sun 17-Mar-13 13:38:55

Wow! Congratulations Alex! grin A BFP on your first ovulating cycle is amazing. Looks like all that spotting was due to implantation then. smile

Alexandra6 Sun 17-Mar-13 13:45:22

Thank you thingy I honestly think I'm in shock, I'd got so used to disappointment and feeling crap over the past 15 months that I can't believe this!! I'm trying to stop myself getting carried away as I'm well aware it's high risk anyway, but maybe more so because of clomid, PCOS and my cervix issues...but it really is brilliant! Of course am going to stick around here a) because it's too early to get excited and move on and b) because I really want to support you all until you get your BFPs and graduate to antenatal with me! Think you'll be soon behind me especially with your DH's determination this cycle! x

RedRobin1 Sun 17-Mar-13 13:48:40

Congratulations alex I am so happy for you! All of your 2ww symptoms were true smile so so pleased!

Needed to hear some good news and you've given me some hope that it will happen...

Alexandra6 Sun 17-Mar-13 14:29:26

Thanks red it's amazing how everything goes from heartbreaking to hopeful so quickly. See algae is the way forward grin joking!!

With all this grapefruit juice flowing I think more good news is on it's way for this thread!

Thingymajigs Sun 17-Mar-13 14:55:57

Aw, it really gives me hope when one of us graduates. Hopefully we'll all join you soon. smile

Congrats Alex, I was optimistic for you with implantation as I'd had exactly the same thing with my dd1 and a lovely straightforward pregnancy after so fx for you

weechops Sun 17-Mar-13 15:58:42

Alex woohoo really pleased for you! smile

Adsum Sun 17-Mar-13 16:23:53

Wow congrats Alex!! grin

twinklestar2 Sun 17-Mar-13 17:53:06

Congratulations Alex! It all sounding so promising. You deserve it after 15 months of TTC. Is this your first?

SomeDaySoon74 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:00:45

Found you all!
Fab news Alex! grin
For some insane reason I decided to do a test mid-afternoon today (was just feeling preggo although I'm only about 5dpo!!) and of course it was BFN but was quite fun to POAS for a giggle. Not quite sure what I was thinking but have been symptom spotting for past few days, particularly a pokey feeling in my uterus which of course could only be implantation. lol. Might try POAS again on Thursday. Funny business this ttc lark!

Alexandra6 Sun 17-Mar-13 21:33:47

Thanks all of you! Am feeling a bit funny in the sense that I'm trying to hold myself back from getting too excited as it's such early days - but at the same time, I'm just thrilled that I managed to ovulate and get a BFP after so long of being upset with my body for not working. I am just keep long everything crossed it sticks. It would be my first winkle. Am going to test again in the morning.

someday I tested at 6dpo and it was negative so don't give up hope! I really hope you all get there soon. I've been hanging around mumsnet for ages and can't believe it's me saying I've got a BFP. It WILL be all of you too x

KerryJewels Sun 17-Mar-13 22:42:27

Congratulations Alex!!!!!The new thread was your good lucksmile Cheers for Algae,grapefruit juice and Brazilian nuts!!!This news has really made my St Patricks Day...Hooray!!!!

weechops Mon 18-Mar-13 14:28:45

Just seduced dh while Ds is napping. Role reversal for a change as I never usually get the chance before he does it first smile heehee winkled and tinkled and hoping to do it every day til he leaves on Thursday night.

And I think the epo might be helping the ewcm. I've noticed some the last 2 days and I'm on cd11 today.

LacernellaRubra Mon 18-Mar-13 15:52:39

Hi I'm a newbie to this board, is it ok if I join in? I want a 2013 BFP so seems like the place to suit me...I'm just starting on the process of TTC DC3 with my now DH. DCs1 &2 from ex-P. It's an uncertain road, there's a gpod chance we won't ever get a BFP - DH currently doesn't produce sperm, and has recently started on hormone therapy to see if we can get some! I've just started being put through the battery of fertility checks, and hoping for some boxes ticked at least from my quarter. Can't talk about it to anyone in RL so would be good to have some MN hands to hold!

Thingymajigs Mon 18-Mar-13 16:24:35

Wow, if any of you have issues with not producing enough EWCM just drink grapefruit juice. Seriously, I'm only on CD9 and I have loads... an embarrassing amount. Thanks for the suggestion red. I'm starting to think that maybe my hormones have started to work properly. smile
Snap weechops. I'm putting mine down to the grapefruit juice but it could be the soy (which I'm also blaming for digestion issues blush).
Go for it wee! Catch that egg. We are trying every other day all throughout the cycle and every day when I see a positive OPK.
Hi lacernella. Welcome to the thread. I'm also trying for dc3 with my DP and I have two older children (13 and 9) with my ex-H. What kind of tests are you both going through atm?

Poppy79 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:13:43

Hi all, hopped over from the old thread. congrats Alex- fab news!hope everything goes well.x
Fingers crossed for everyone else.
Try grapefruit juice with tonic-my uncle used to have it as a drink when he was out &was driving. I have it too sometimes as its a change from coke, orange juice etc had it last night when out for dinner and have just seen all the posts about it so that was a good choice on my part!xx

twinklestar2 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:32:10

Welcome lacernella!

Cd26 here... Feeling a few twinges...

RedRobin1 Mon 18-Mar-13 21:06:42

Hi lacernella

Ooooo twinges sound exciting winkle

thingy it's like a magic potion - results are instant!

I hope we have caught it this month. Will be nice to have a December baby....

I can't wait to give up work! I hate my job. But it pays well and maternity package is great. The pressure and being away from home is not worth it. Weird as I was always career driven but now want something mind numbingly mundane and just want to be a mum and bake cupcakes! Who'd have thought!

RedRobin1 Mon 18-Mar-13 21:07:43

Yay on the seduction wee keep dtding.

LacernellaRubra Mon 18-Mar-13 21:30:41

Hello everyone, thanks for the welcome :-)

DH is on pregnyl (I know normally the women on that one) and they'll add another hormone if that doesn't show results on its own...

I've had an ultra sound (transvagjnal, agh...) all clear and they've taken loads of blood, not quite sure what ot's all for...got my 21 day blood test coming up and the radioactive-dye-in-uterus test soon...

Just hoping for lots of positive results! On the plus side my ewcm has always been good and we like sex a lot so hopefully if we ever get any sperm to play with there won't be too many other barriers to conception...

Congrats on the BfP up thread, that's fantastic!

I'm hunkering down for the long haul...

RedRobin1 Tue 19-Mar-13 16:29:00

It's good to hear your tests are coming back normal lacerella

It only takes one! Fingers crossed the meds work.

I am broody today. How's everyone else doing?

alex how are you doing? I am so happy clomid worked for you! I remember the old thread with your initial scans not confirming follicle growth and how lovely it is to get a bfp at the end of all that stress and months and months of ttc! stupid thing to say but I wish I had problems ovulating and not DH having issues with sperm sad at least clomid would then do something for us.

Thingymajigs Tue 19-Mar-13 19:08:17

Glad to hear the tears were ok lacernella. It's interesting how a lot of us have had different tests at certain times. I've had all my CD3, CD21 blood tests but nothing else so far. DP had a SA done quite early on but might need to do another as we've nearly been trying for a year.
Hugs red. I know what you mean, it'd be nice to know that a pill could help but it's not possible for every fertility issue. I'm also super broody. I had a bit of a moment walking through town earlier when I saw this beautiful summer dress for a baby... I really have to steer myself away from baby sections now but hopefully not for long. smile
How are you doing winkle?
Where is everyone else in their cycle?

Thingymajigs Tue 19-Mar-13 19:08:42

*tests not tears

twinklestar2 Tue 19-Mar-13 22:45:20

I'm here, cd27, getting the odd twinge. Don't feel very pregnant sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now