BFP 2013

(793 Posts)
KerryJewels Thu 14-Mar-13 15:17:48

I was on a thread already..with my friends RedRobin1,wee,twinkle,Alex...but now I can't find them..so hopefully they will find me!!I'm on my second round of Clomid TTC a third and final child.I have PCOS and one tube due to an eptopic so the trying part has not been so easy!!Just wanting to talk with others going through the same ordeal as me.Wanting to concieve and share the experience..it can be a long,difficult road.Hope to char with someone soon!!

resipsa Sat 11-May-13 14:27:22

What's going on with you, Ads? Is it a red scenario all over again???

resipsa Sat 11-May-13 14:31:43

Winkle good luck with DTD this month.

Thingy - God, that GP sounds like he would benefit from some reflective learning (as they call it) about how to treat women in our position.

Kerry to be so close but thankfully now far from such a weirdo makes you feel odd, doesn't it? What life throws at each of us is a lottery.

Adsum Sat 11-May-13 17:49:28

Oh I just have no idea what is going on!! Still lots of brown spotting and no actual af! Haven't tested since weds/thurs but I keep getting the usual pains so think she's just deciding to be a day or two late cos I've been away across several time zones etc - but otherwise no symptoms like the pg swollen sore boobs or sleepiness (usually my first symptom) so can't be arsed to waste money on more tests at the mo tbh! smile

Massive good luck to res and all on the 2ww grin

twinklestar2 Sat 11-May-13 22:07:29

Good luck res and ads!! Sounds promising x

Thingymajigs Sun 12-May-13 07:31:46

I know what you mean winkle, I'll end up being a neurotic lentil weaver scared of consuming non-organic hummous before long. I'm also giving up alcohol. Only drank once or twice a month anyway but if it could help I'll try it. DP doesn't drink anyway.
I thought that might be the case res, this must be such a tough couple of weeks for you.
How are you doing kerry and ads?

Adsum Sun 12-May-13 09:03:32

Wow kerry you must all feel its such a lucky escape for you, and thank goodness the girls are out now - hopefully they will get a lot of psychological help now as they must be having a really confusing and scary time...

thingy - definitely you shouldn't have to put up with that insensitive crap from your GP in this day and age!!

Afm, I am waiting for the shops to open so I can buy a s to p on! There's no point as I can feel af coming but am still spotting on and off so before I decide I must be dying from something I should just double check!! wink

twinklestar2 Sun 12-May-13 10:33:11

Good luck Ads!

Thingy - oh said last night he couldn't wait to go back to having normal sex!

Adsum Sun 12-May-13 11:50:50

Bfn

And for the record I absolutely HATE clear blue - I wanted the digis but have just accidentally picked up the other ones for 11£ for two tests!! F**king rip off! Their packaging is too similar - I have done a slightly similar thing before with their stuff! angryangryangry

auntiemoo Sun 12-May-13 12:46:42

Sorry ads sad

Clear blue packaging all looks the same it's a nightmare. I have done the same thing in the past too. £11 for two basic tests is ridiculous!!! When you think you can get a two for a quid from the pound shop that do the same thing even if it is without plastic casing. I'm sure none of us care about plastic casing. It's the two lines we are looking for. Shop assistants should wear masks when selling anything clear blue tis daylight robbery. I was disgusted when I bought the monitor and it didn't even come with a months worth of sticks to pee on. I got mine on eBay (new) so didn't pay as much as you would in boots etc but for circa £100 you should get a pack of the £25 sticks at least! Anyway rant over lol

AF due today. No show yet but is usually evening so not holding my breath. Also cycle has been anything from 26-28 days recently and today is day 27 so it could be tomorrow or the days after anyway. No signs that she isn't coming though everything has just been as it normally is every month. Resisting temptation to poas and trying to just wait and see. It ain't easy lol it's taking all my willpower so the diet is out the window for now and chocolate for lunch it is haha ;)

Fx firmly for all still smile

Adsum Sun 12-May-13 13:36:42

Thanks auntie - glad its not just me! Good luck for the next 24h!! Fx she says away...!

Thingymajigs Sun 12-May-13 18:30:04

so sorry ads. sad Its always worse when it drags out giving you a bit of hope and then its taken away. I got away lightly this month as AF started early.
Good luck auntie. Hope it stays away.

twinklestar2 Sun 12-May-13 23:51:16

sad ads

Any news, auntie?

auntiemoo Mon 13-May-13 07:51:15

As predicted AF arrived in full force around 4.30am........sighhhhhhhhh.

Back to the grindstone so to speak

auntiemoo Mon 13-May-13 08:32:27

Don't know why I'm surprised. It's been 7 years and 10 months. Why should this month have been any different sad

twinklestar2 Mon 13-May-13 10:01:51

Oh I'm so sorry auntie, it really sucks doesn't it sad

KerryJewels Mon 13-May-13 12:25:49

Seven days till AF is due to arrive...a 34 day cycle really makes things drag....I'm a little worried because when I start AF my cyst almost cripples me to the point I can barely walk..it just keeps getting worse with time.Im almost afraid to take the Clomid this month..but I know I will.Its weird but I'm looking forward to meeting with my RE and maybe figuring something else out..I'm also hoping DH sperm count is ok(he does a lot of dirty things so I don't know)I know he won't go in for the consult because he likes his coffee,He drinks once or twice a week,he picked up nasty cigarettes again..I just don't know,kinda feeling like I might throw in the towel and be happy enough with my two girls.I so want one more child,seems my husband is willing to give it to me but if he had to give up any of the things he likes..it's a no go.He did those things with the other two..but we are almost a decade older now.Well,I guess if its meant to be it will happen.Seems like my expectations are low at this point...

KerryJewels Mon 13-May-13 12:30:07

Sorry auntie & ads....Since red just had a BFP I'm thinking there might be a little break in between the next one!

KerryJewels Mon 13-May-13 14:25:20

Hoping so badly you get the BFP ressmile

Thingymajigs Mon 13-May-13 16:17:33

I'm so sorry auntie. sad This process is so unfair.
Its also been nearly a decade since my last pregnancy kerry so I also wonder if I still work properly.
Sipping grapefruit juice as I type and wondering where my CM is this cycle although the OPK's suggest I'm a while away from ovulation. Perhaps I'll have a longer cycle this time.

KerryJewels Mon 13-May-13 23:39:50

My husband bought an electronic cigerette today to help him quit..it's a start smileSays he will go for the SA too...feeling happy and hopefull again!!!

resipsa Tue 14-May-13 07:36:23

Good for him kerry - your powers of persuasion must be good!

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about AF all around. Dreading arrival myself, particularly today cause this is the day she's usually arrive and still no wiser about whether or not the progesterone supplements will cause a delay. God, this 2WW is a killer but still too cowardly to test.

I do wonder if the going-without helps the whole process. I conceived DD at 39 at a very stressful time when I was boozing practically every day. And pretty sure the pre-conception dinner was a greasy curry...

twinklestar2 Tue 14-May-13 09:18:39

Good news Kerry!!

Res - when can you test?

resipsa Tue 14-May-13 11:56:16

Oficially 20 May and too scared to do it before then. Been thinking back to my previous positive tests too - I got CB digi 1-2 weeks about 18 days after ovulation and 2-3 weeks about 24 days after ovulation so think I'm either a late implanter or produce hCG slowly. Telling myself that to test early is madness. Reality is that I prefer the propsect of a "maybe" to the certainity of a "no".

Adsum Tue 14-May-13 13:41:22

Good luck again res!! Everything crossed for you! Hang on ad long as you can - I agree about the maybe vs no thing!

AF STILL not showed up properly for me! She's a megabitch! Have had a bit heavier spotting so am hoping she's almost ready!!

Good on you kerry! My dh is still drinking almost the same as before we spoke about alcohol the other day so that went in one ear and out the other then... angry

Thingymajigs Tue 14-May-13 14:28:52

res Your situation reminded me of this blog post a while ago. She compares debating over whether to test after IVF to Schrodinger's cat. http://ova-achiever.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/peeing-on-schrodingers-cat.html?m=1
I bet the 20th seems ages away. Good luck. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now