The big fat posifrickintivity, but only on a friday thread - TTC after MC and not lose your head

(981 Posts)

Ladies - a brand new lovely shiny thread for us to fill! Enjoy x

LittleBairn Sun 24-Mar-13 21:22:06

I'm truly baffled by all the people that just get pregnant whenever they feel like it without have to consider ovulation and such stuff.
My family are very much in the get knocked up the second they consider category it WTF can't I?!

BootyBigFatFridayBanger Mon 25-Mar-13 04:30:51

Agreed LittleBairn! In fact everyone I know who has told me they are going to start casually trying or stop the pill has gotten pregnant straight away! Grrr wink

Morning all brew

No news here but just popping in to say hi. The doctor's going to get the third degree this afternoon- wish me luck! x

LittleBairn Mon 25-Mar-13 09:10:59

Good luck with the Dr.

All weekend I have been exhausted, I've had full night sleeps at least 8-9 hours but waking up tired. I even had a 3 hour nap yesterday!
Less likely to be a pregnancy symptom than a stress one.

Unless its my folate levels crashing again but I don't have any other symptoms.

katerinaemalina Mon 25-Mar-13 09:29:45

Good luck thunder and hello to all newbies/lurkers. Sorry you have to be here but it's a v supportive thread.

I'm going to try opk this month too. I'm now on the blob but keep thinking oh I wonder if that's a symptom to every little thing, then remember I've got blob lol. Had a glass of wine last night but didn't really enjoy it shocknice Monday all, keep positive we can do this!!

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Mon 25-Mar-13 09:45:41

This ere 2ww is REALLY boring! And frustrating! I am a bit crampy today, which isn't good, but I can't decide if it is PMT or just all the crap I ate over the weekend. I've got a horrible feeling its the former! sad
Not feeling the Posifrickintivity today.

LittleBairn Mon 25-Mar-13 10:06:25

cutpuss I'm experincing the same thing crampy feeling. I wonder if its to do with being tense we are subconsciously tensing up our stomach muscles?

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Mon 25-Mar-13 10:19:02

I'm really not though. sad I've been working all weekend and far to busy to worry.
Even though I've just spent the night having totally bizarre baby based dreams, I really can't shift the sense of doom this morning. I think I need some fish slapping action!

Can I be of assistance, catpuss?

Ps 5 ponies- wow!

LittleBairn Mon 25-Mar-13 11:01:31

No fish for you sounds like you need a hug ()

For me it's not so much worry but I think subconsciously I'm thinking tensing up the muscles will keep baby/early developing cells 'in' totally daft I know we can't stop our bodies from MC.

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Mon 25-Mar-13 12:21:33

Proper crying now. sad
I just roped ds17 into helping me find my knitting from the loft. I got up there and couldn't find it, so decided it would be a good idea to bring down the special baby suitcase.
BAD IDEA!
it's full of memories, tiny tiny baby clothes that my two wore. The first wee suit that DP came home with, all the tiny cardigans and jumpers that my beloved gran knitted them. Special shawls, bedding...
A triple whammy of woe.
Babies all grown up,
Grandma who is now gone,
Not knowing if I will ever get to use them again.
Why did I do that? angry sad

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Mon 25-Mar-13 12:24:10

And now I feel really guilty for having had all of those memories and still wanting more.
Sorry.

yorkiebilb Mon 25-Mar-13 13:35:25

Hello all again. Sorry to those feeling low at the moment.

Been lurking for a while rather than posting as dealing with crap in rl. My lovely fil died last Wednesday so feeling pretty down at the mo and trying but feeling I'm failing miserably to look after DH. Just started AF this morning to add to the current mood.

Does anyone else feel their bodies are not quite the same since their mc?

Sorry to come on and just moan. I promise there will be a little hint of joy in my next post rather than this current doom and gloom!

thanks for everyone. Look at us all, it's not our time at the moment is it? These things will pass ladies, and in the meantime we should comfort ourselves however we can.

yorkie I'm so so sorry for your loss.

I bullied had a good conversation with the doctor so while being out of the game with ttc at the moment, am still considering this as a small ray of sunshine

yorkiebilb Mon 25-Mar-13 17:14:31

Thanks Thunder

Glad to hear you had a good chat with the docs. What did they say?

She basically agreed with my demands concerns so now I know we're working to get my tsh levels below 2 and I will be tested every 4 weeks instead of 8 to really get on top of them quickly. Bazinga!

Floweroct Mon 25-Mar-13 18:00:35

So sorry to hear your news yorkie

That's good to hear thunder it's nice to heat that drs sometimes listen after being bullied

This 2ww is a killer not sure if ill last til Friday may have accidentally poas yesterday bfn obviously

yorkiebilb Mon 25-Mar-13 18:00:43

oh that sounds really positive - fx it lowers quickly.

Has anyone here had any experience of acupunture or heard about its use for fertility? I'm contemplating booking myself an appointment to try something new have something else ttc related to obsess about but I can't decide whether I would be just wasting my money. Any ideas much appreciated.

Right onto something positive - anyone got any exciting plans for the long bank holiday weekend? I'm taking DH to see Suede as it is his birthday on Saturday...I'm hoping to try and put a tiny little smile on his face.

yorkiebilb Mon 25-Mar-13 18:02:32

Thanks Flower I've got my fx for you for friday

Glad you had a good chat with the drs thunder - it's good to know there are drs out there that listen!

Yorkie - so sorry for your loss thanks

Saggy - I hope you are feeing a bit better since your post - it's so hard when the tears come - they never seem to stop with me!! I don't know about you but the smallest things set me off at the moment.

I think I am about 9dpo at the moment (I not sure when to count 1dpo from) and not sure how I am feeling - I have had backache since Friday so feel like I am out for this cycle - I would love to get a BFP - this week I would have had my 12 week scan and its all I can think about at the moment x

CamomileHoneyVanilla Mon 25-Mar-13 18:24:40

Hey folks.

Sorry I've been a bit awol recently - nothing big going on, just busy as a bee. Plus I came on here once or twice and was totally daunted by the sheer number of posts so kept putting off posting until I had time to go through them all. Unfortunately such time never occurred and you all just kept posting and posting in some vicious cycle! smile So I haven't gone through all the posts since I was lasy here (sorry), but congrats to all the BFPs, welcome and flowers to all the newbies, and sorry to those of you who are struggling with really bad stuff on top of everything. flowers to Yorkie - thining of you.

I had first AF post-mc arrive on Saturday which has made me feel a little better. Unfortunately I was away so wasn't able to crack on with my CBFM this cycle (grrr) so am thinking of buying some OPKs. What are good brands?

Is anyone watching BBC news - they're winging about the dangerousness of triangle shaped flapjacks!

MrsExcited Mon 25-Mar-13 19:00:53

Hiya, ERPC went without hitches on Saturday, feeling pretty good now physically, still sad but anxious to move on.

Waiting to start dtd till end of week providing everything is still ok down there!

Lots of wishes going out to everyone wishing and hoping

And thanks&wine to everyone who feels the need

Bakingtins Mon 25-Mar-13 19:18:05

Camomile you can start the CBFM any time up to day 5 of your cycle - just keep pressing the 'm' button until it says the appropriate day, have a go tomorrow morning (you need to set it in the window you want to test).

Thunder good to hear you have the doctor on your side. FX for getting that level down quickly.

Yorkie good to see you and sorry about your FIL. I'm sure there ought to be a rule that when you are postMC you shouldn't have to deal with any other crap in your life.

Mrs glad that bit is over for you. Hope you are recovering ok.

Waves at anyone I've missed out - can't keep up with the posting rate, sorry!

I'm up in Yorkshire at my mum's house for a few days with my DCs and the dog whilst a wall is knocked down at home. It's nice to have Granny take the strain for a bit. Did nearly think twice at tackling the 4 hour journey on my own in the snow, but worth it once we got here. I saw an old family friend today which was great apart from she asked me if we wanted any more kids sad. She doesn't know about the MCs, but why is that an ok question to ask someone? Tempted to say 'we'd love another but after 3 miscarriages it's not looking likely' but couldn't deal with the reaction so just mumbled something non-commital.

Ahh tins nice to get yourself some of those family comforts I bet. How are you doing? Did you say you might need to go for a check up scan at some point? Ouch re friend- I haven't had to deal with too much of that luckily but I understand about being non-committal in order to avoid further conversation.

Bakingtins Mon 25-Mar-13 19:39:45

Everything on hold until I get AF, then I need day 2-3 bloods and to book a scan midcycle to check all is hunky-dory in the uterus/ovaries department and assuming that is at least 6 weeks post MC run the remaining bloods.
I'm ok, I just feel really flat, like everything is seen through frosted perspex and I'm a bit removed from it all.
The wall going is part of a big building project to give us a kitchen diner which we've been planning and saving for for the last 3 years. Now it's happening and I couldn't care less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now