The big fat posifrickintivity, but only on a friday thread - TTC after MC and not lose your head

(981 Posts)

Ladies - a brand new lovely shiny thread for us to fill! Enjoy x

shellshock7 Wed 20-Mar-13 21:41:01

tins and thunder you'll get there, you're seeing the right people and we're here in the mean time smile

pink loving the symptoms grin good to hear all your posifrickintivity!

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 20-Mar-13 21:44:32

Ooh littleBairn you have some lovely things favourited, I should really stop MN-ing and get going on my cardigan, I have the collar and 4 rows done so far - only about a million stitches to go. I realise this why people knit baby stuff as it's so much quicker. Have been doing my nails tonight though

DH is not a bath taker, but had to stop him sitting with laptop on his lap when we were ttc-ing for DS and he's never done it since

HotCCP I'll be testing on Friday the 5th if you can last til then?

HotCrossCatPuss Wed 20-Mar-13 21:46:24

POSIFRICKINTIVITY! grin

Im going to venture into the loft in a minute to track down my knitting needles!

IBelieveInPink Wed 20-Mar-13 21:49:01

Yay knitting! smile

And also, I love that you all think I sound positive. Thank you. Please tell my DH who has to deal with my constant paranoia!

HotCrossCatPuss Wed 20-Mar-13 21:54:17

Chocolate, its a date. grin

LittleBairn Wed 20-Mar-13 22:08:22

Yay for the knitting too. Honestly it's saved my sanity lately when things get too much I start knitting to keep my mind busy.

DH is happy splashing in the bath I've let him in it as I'm sure I've ovulated already. He's all excited because I was almost sick after dinner, when I had MS (24/7 hypermisser to be more accurate, morning my arse!) it was always worse at night.
There is no way it's MS if I did get pregnant this cycle the egg would only just be implanting but he refuses to believe me and I won't waste a test.

shellshock7 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:13:35

pink just having a positive outlook does make such a difference to your state of mind and being proactive like booking a scan helps too smile

I feel left out cos I don't knit! My mum does she knits loads for DS, can I still be part of your gang?! grin

Thunder - hope you are okay, we will all get there x

Hot (sorry called you saggy earlier - old habits!) if my AF doesn't arrive I will be testing around then too - fingers crossed!! X

fod27 Wed 20-Mar-13 22:16:11

little I am officially educated! Think I may give it a whirl!...,every little helps and all that

mummy thank you I really appreciate your support and kind words xxx
thunder you seem to be under a awfully dark cloud, try to stay upbeat -reasons for posifrickintivity: 1. Your now more aware of what's going on 2. You can now be treated/supported 3. Your definitely not alone 4. Your odds just increased dramatically of the BFP showing up and hopefully an ability to enjoy your pregnancy knowing that your now I'm good hands cxx
5. We have run out of fish!!!
will despite my lack of a second line I will be testing too....let's halve the pressure ;0

HotCrossCatPuss Wed 20-Mar-13 22:24:33

'S no problem Mummy, i'll be Saggy again as soon as Easter is over!
OK. We're down for a POAS threesome! grin
Little, When I got my BFP in January, I was 3+2. And I'd been feeling rough for several days! grin not sure if Im helping or hindering

LittleBairn Wed 20-Mar-13 23:15:13

fod I learnt to knit by watching YouTube videos.

hotcross I will take every bit of positivity real or Imagined. grin

Thunder I don't know much about your condition but I can relate to that dark place of despair and the worry of it never being your turn to have a baby.
Just last week I was seriously considered giving up TTC permantly but I manged to ride it out. Take one day at a time. [hug]

fod27 Thu 21-Mar-13 00:01:47

YouTube!!! What an incredible invention....my DF lives on it learning everything from car maintenance to plastering ;)

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Thu 21-Mar-13 00:23:03

Im on Ravelry. I want to knit this

alyant79 Thu 21-Mar-13 04:11:51

oooh that is cute. Am at a conference atm and about to drag my jetlagged body off to bed, but needed to comment on that.
Am also on ravelry but am not a knitter. No! I crochet, and it's much, much easier. Taught myself from a book when pregnant with DD.
Does anyone else sew? My other craftsy hobby, and I love it even more than crocheting.

Fascinated to hear about the moon cup.

Big hugs to all feeling miserable.
Need some myself as would have brought DH and DD to this conference, but when i was booking we decided we couldn't afford it due to imminent maternity leave. AARRRGGHHH! Of course now I'm not preggo we could have afforded it, but instead I am surrounded by other people here with their families, and am missing mine terribly.
Anyway, that's enough of a rant. I am in Whistler. There is interesting work to do, and powder on the mountains. It's not that bad ;)

icklemssunshine1 Thu 21-Mar-13 06:56:20

Feeling v left out with all the arts & crafts. I have (metaphorically) fat fingers so am crap at everything with fiddly bits (just read that back& had a chuckle - my dirty mind!). Made an Easter bonnet for DD's competition next Thurs. She's 20 months & I'm pretty sure she's thinking WTF?!

Alyant I know how you feel about planning for future but things not happening. I booked a lodge in Jan for over Easter with a hot tub, found out 2 weeks later I was PG & downgraded - now just got bog standard accommodation & thoughts of what was the point?! My DB is getting married in July & I saw an occasion maternity dress on sale so bought it in prep for my 7 month bump, now in a ball at back of my wardrobe. sad Hopefully there'll be another occasion I wear it! Hope your get through test of your conference relatively unscathed smile

IBelieveInPink Thu 21-Mar-13 07:00:11

Oh my goodness that is cute!!!

I also sew, and quilt. I made my friends newborn a quilt, and she's only gone and hung it on the wall! I meant it for her to use, but obviously massively flattered that she thinks so much of it.
I enjoy crafty things, it takes my mine off the worry of other things in the evening when I struggle most. Would recommend to anyone, is easy to learn smile

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 21-Mar-13 07:23:29

I sew more than I knit, am also slightly obsessed with this site which has loads of crafty ideas and links to tutorials etc.
Which is useful as DS has just been invited to his first fancy dress party after Easter! Theme is "come as your favourite character from a book" - DS loves tractor books? So working out how to dress him as a tractor?

LittleBairn Thu 21-Mar-13 07:32:14

catpuss I love that pattern, my favourite kids book was The Hungry Caterpillar.

aalyant I've been meaning to learn to crochet I would like to make a crochet blanket. I can so a little but not properly its been something I've been meaning to take up.

It's the the fact the life feels like its on hold I can't make any plans. My current job comes to an end in Aug so if I got prefect now that would ideal. But I would also like to consider Uni but don't feel I can at the moment but I will be so cross if it takes me a long to to conceive missing an opportunity.

And I've the pressing matter of an painful impacted molars that need removing, but when to start treatment?!

GardenWorm Thu 21-Mar-13 07:42:32

Please dont throw a net of fish at me but has Trying to Conceive become Trying to Craft????? I'm just jealous (no time to even attempt creativity)!

One more sleep till FF!

katerinaemalina Thu 21-Mar-13 08:27:46

Santa ill join if I still can tomorrow. Going slightly bonkers waiting argh need something to put me out of misery

katerinaemalina Thu 21-Mar-13 08:57:59

Am going to give knitting a go too. I'm left handed and never got it at school but maybe you tube will help me. I loved doing crafty things for my wedding so will take a look at craft gawker too to see what else I can do to help atop me going completely bonkers. Couldn't watch one born either yesterday made me jealous

CatPussInACrownOfThorns Thu 21-Mar-13 09:08:38

I watched One Born. It's like my FIX!
My ex step mother is left handed. She sat facing her mother rather than to the side to learn knitting. I do love it. I'm I to knitted animals right now. My lovely friend says the garden centre where she works is having a run on left over Easter chickens, and if I knit some they will sell them. I'm quite interested!
TTC is definitely not Trying To Craft round here! Was twice last night! 10 WHOLE MINUTES! I think DP is trying to kill me!

Bakingtins Thu 21-Mar-13 10:06:37

I wish I could knit - I'm rubbish at stuff like that. One of the people who hate the wretched primary school holiday projects... oh god the easter holidays are coming up
I have a gorgeous picture book for my DS2 about Milo Armadillo who is a knitted toy, with a pattern to make your own in the back. It might as well be written in Greek! If anyone takes commissions to knit me one, let me know!

Bakingtins Thu 21-Mar-13 10:08:34

Chocolatecremeegg you have it the wrong way round. When faced with a fancy dress party you go look at the stuff you have then decide what it can be lazy. I have survived two World Book days and loads of fancy dress parties so far using this method.

Bakingtins Thu 21-Mar-13 10:12:17

OMG you've got me on ravelry now and I can't even knit. Milo armadillo

The hungry caterpillar someone posted is beyond cute now I just need a baby to put in it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now