Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 5

(315 Posts)

Hoping the new thread brings a plethora of BFPs and lots of healthy arrivals!

HJBeans Thu 18-Apr-13 08:05:26

Congrats to lurcher and pebs! Enjoy your lovely babies.

All nominally well here at 25 weeks. Away to pre-baby holiday in Spain on Saturday. Beginning to think about actually having a baby rather than being pregnant. Eeek!

Hope all are well.

Congratulations Lurcher - Pheobe is a beautiful name!

Congratulations pebs - I could feel the emotion in your post and I am so happy for you!

Good luck for your scan on Friday Dorita.

Had all our tests done, every fine/good so that was quite good. Also had appt at hosp with my diabetic team who were really positive and said had I been coming to them saying I was about to start ttc#1 they would be saying I was in a really good position healthwise. I could lose a bit of weight and was nearly a stone lighter than I am now last year when I got pregnant and had mc so that is my next aim. If nothing doing in 6 months then and I've lost the weight I'll go back and they will see what they can do to help us.

Decided not to use the monitor this month, DH away next week which would be the time so having a break!

Dorita75 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:07:37

That's brilliant news mrshp nice to know all's clear. Just before I got pregnant I went to see an acupuncturist about fertility treatment, never got to do it though I did have one session which was more for migraines. Don't know if you're into that stuff but it was my next step after getting the all clear from test results!!

Jollyb Fri 19-Apr-13 08:14:37

Beans - good to hear from you. A pre baby break in the sun sounds fab.

Mrs HP glad your bloods were ok and the diabetic team positive about your chances. I think losing weight can only be a good thing. I was 1.5 stones heavier when I started TTC this one than I was with DD,and apart from being a little older this seemed to be the only difference. I'm convinced this may have had something to do with my MCs. Hopefully the weather will stay a bit brighter now - winter doesn't really encourage healthy eating and exercise.

Good luck Dorita xx

Sorry beans I missed your post yesterday - glad all is well. Have a fab holiday!

buzzybeetop Fri 19-Apr-13 14:37:43

Great news Pebs and Lurcher. You've been through so much to get to this point, enjoy every minute.

Glad all tests came back OK Mrs HP everybody has their fingers and toes crossed that you'll have some good news soon. Keep having lots of sex, then you're killing 2 birds with one stone, exercise and hopefully conception. Then if you're anything like me stop entirely once you're pregnant, poor dh it's feast then famine in our house!

Good luck today Dorita, are you finding out what colour? Mine's next Friday. I'm getting a few little kicks now but looking forward to getting scan done and hopefully being able to relax a little bit.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Dorita75 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:02:29

Hi buzzybee scan went really well, we didn't find out the colour, I want a surprise after the birth! Was amazing to see everything.

had a radiographer and a student, we recognised the radiographer as she works for a private company part time as well as the hospital. It was her who we went to for an early private scan last year, and who discovered our missed miscarriage. Can't believe we're here a year later!

buzzybeetop Fri 19-Apr-13 19:05:56

Great news dorita!

Jollyb Fri 19-Apr-13 20:16:47

Yay for Dorita.

Buzzybee - your comment about the feast and famine made me chuckle. My DP is definitely facing a famine at the moment. I just don't fancy getting down to it.

Dorita75 Fri 19-Apr-13 21:23:26

Famine in our house too! I didn't feel like it for ages with the sickness and DP can't touch my tummy for fear of doing some harm! Would like to stop the famine soon, sure we will.......

LCR77 Thu 25-Apr-13 12:09:50

Had a really good 20 week scan today - such a relief!! Got a little confused as to what part of the anatomy I was looking at sometimes, glad the sonographer knows what they're doing!!

Surprisingly been told it's a girl, as I've been convinced all along I'm having a boy - there go my maternal instincts!

Got to have another scan at 32 weeks though as my placenta's is lying a little low and at the front.

So reassuring to hear 'baby's growing beautifully' as I've been so worried.
How's everyone doing? It's been a little quiet on this thread lately.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow buzzy and pleased to hear yours went well dorita

Dorita75 Thu 25-Apr-13 19:51:16

Pleased to hear your's went well to LCR and same as me, low lying placenta so another scan at 32 weeks....

I echo what you've said, how's everyone doing? x

buzzybeetop Sat 27-Apr-13 12:48:07

Hi all, good news about your scan LCR. All good with mine too, although sonographer was so grumpy it was only afterwards looking at my notes that she'd ticked everything that it sunk in it was actually ok! She did say there was some sort of cyst in the placenta but said as long as it didn't grow it's ok but hasn't made any further plans to scan me. I'll ask midwife at next appointment. Had her before for ds and liked her. I think she was just in a bad mood!

Hope everyone else ok

Redbird12 Mon 29-Apr-13 20:32:40

Good news on scans dorita, LCR & buzzy.

We have our 20 week scan on Friday so very nervous but also excited to find out the gender (all being ok).

I have been feeling well and finally started feeling the baby move the last few days so that has been a relief.

We will actually start thinking about what we need to buy if all is well at the scan. Been putting it off, just in case but now trying to focus on being positive and not stress too much in the lead up to the scan.

How is everyone else doing?

Hurrah for all the good scans - how exciting!

No joy here, DH away last week which would have been the right time this month. I have however lost about 4 lbs so that is a good start. I have also however applied for, been interviewed and appointed for a new job last week so that is quite exciting and something different to focus on!

buzzybeetop Mon 29-Apr-13 21:33:57

Great news Mrs HP. Good to have something else to focus on. I took on a new position at work in November and it was really good for me to get stuck into something new and not just wait to get pregnant. Seemed to help as I got pregnant the next month!

Good luck with the scan Redbird. Looking forward to hearing what colour it is! I'm starting to feel some proper little prods and pokes now which is lovely.

Dorita75 Wed 01-May-13 19:01:49

Double whammy of good news there Mrshp well done on both!

No prods or pokes here. I did have some bubbles last Tuesday and maybe on Sunday but not sure - am trying not to worry too much, it's probably because of the low laying placenta, can apparently affect whether you feel movements or not...

Redbird12 Wed 01-May-13 19:33:53

Hi, just a quick question from me to the ladies who have recently had their 20 week scans. Do I need a full bladder or not for this one?
We made the appt at the 12 week scan and have not heard anything from the hospital since so I wasn't sure.

Jollyb Wed 01-May-13 20:48:25

Hello everyone - nearly lost you all there.

In answer to the bladder filling question - I don't think it makes a huge difference at the 20 week scan. I wasn't given any specific instructions. I'd ask at the reception desk on arrival and you'll probably have time to 'fill or empty' as needed.

Good to hear of some more healthy scan results. Well done on the job Mrs HP.

Nearly 28 weeks now eek.

Dorita75 Wed 01-May-13 21:33:51

My letter didn't mention it but I drank a bottle of water, turned out it's not so important this time, as jolly says. The scan nurse said the same so I wouldn't drink too much. Good luck!

DaisyFlower123 Thu 02-May-13 14:06:06

Hi All,
I was part of one of the earlier threads but have since NC and wanted to come back to check in on how others were progressing. Glad to see the happy stories (Jollyb I followed your story and so happy you are doing well!) and sorry for the difficult times some of you are having.
After my 3 consecutive miscarriages last year I am now 36 weeks pregnant and all seems to be well, though I still have my anxious days.
Do feel sad when the anniversaries of each due date have past, last one was only last week (we fell pregnant again straight away) but sort of feel that now those dates are out the way we can focus on DC2s arrival. I think the MCs have definitely knocked both mine and DHs confidence, where as with DC1 we were fully prepared months before arrival, most of things we have brought etc are still packed up as we seem to keep waiting to make sure this will actually happen! I have images of packing maternity bag, putting up crib, etc, etc whilst in full blown labour at this rate!! Anyway just wanted to pop in, wave hello and say how much support I got from this thread especially whilst going through everything last year! smile

Hurrah Daisyflower fantastic news, congrats!

Redbird12 Fri 03-May-13 10:04:28

Hi all, great to hear your good news story daisy after such difficult times. I know what you mean about waiting to get anything just in case, we have done nothing up to now but pleased to report that we had our 20 week scan this morning and all went well. The sonographer was lovely and explained everything in detail to us and baby was wriggling around with all measurements as they should be. And we found out it is a boy! So now we can start thinking about names and finally start buying some baby things.

Lovely sunny day today and feeling very happy!

So glad your scan went well redbird - a lovely little boy to look forward to!

HJBeans Fri 03-May-13 14:39:59

Congrats redbird, on your little boy - what wonderful news.

Welcome back, daisy, and congrats on your pregnancy.

I'm at nearly 28 weeks and we, too, have done very little to prepare. Very much of the 'buying things will jinx it' mindset, regardless of how silly that looks written out. Luckily, friends are giving loads of things so have some basics in unassembled state...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now