Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 5

(315 Posts)

Hoping the new thread brings a plethora of BFPs and lots of healthy arrivals!

Jollyb Mon 18-Mar-13 11:30:39

How long have you been trying since your MC Mrs HP? Must be a frustrating time.

All well here.

Over a year now. We had been trying for a year when I found out I was pregnant on the morning of NYE 2011 (eg day before 2012). Found out quite early no hb etc... through early scan (as I am diabetic) actually had the mc and hospital stuff in Feb half term so middle - end of Feb 2012. So now we have been trying for over two years with that one mc in the middle. At the time I felt quite positive eg that I could get pregnant, but now again I've lost that faith a litte.

The thing for me is that I have a DD (now 3 years 3 months) and every month I feel sad for her too, and feel the age gap will be that much bigger. However I do also realise that I am very lucky to already have her, and if she is it for me then I will always be grateful for having her. I sometimes feel bad for being upset when I already have her if that makes sense too.

Glad to hear you are all OK! I am liking all the positive stories and BFPs on this thread!

amicablemoomin Tue 19-Mar-13 09:09:58

hey mrshp, I dont know if this helps at all but there is six years between me and my brother and we're really close - it definitely is a different relationship than if you grow up with just a year or so apart, but I have so many clear memories of him as a baby and growing up which are really special in a different way - and there wasnt any sibling riviarly becasue we were in such different places. Good luck with the appointment, let us know how it goes.

Glad to hear the scans are all going well!

MrsHeggulePoirot Tue 19-Mar-13 18:38:58

Thanks amicablemoomin that does mean a lot and helps to know!

How are you doing?

oo00PIXIE00oo Tue 19-Mar-13 19:38:21

Hi mrshp there are three of us girls I'm my family I have a better relationship with my sister 9 years younger than me than the one 3 years younger - relationships are what you make it regardless of age smile x

I am here lurking just feel a little raw - waiting for the all clear from the EPU and for the first AF to arrive, have worked out I have been pg for 27 weeks of the last 12 months with no baby - will probably try one last time as I can't take the physical and mental stress sad. Throwing myself into wedding plans now to keep my mind occupied smile

Love and hugs to you all x

MrsHeggulePoirot Wed 20-Mar-13 06:33:45

Oh pixie that is so hard. Are the wedding plans yours? How exciting when is are your getting married? Big hugs. X

Jollyb Wed 20-Mar-13 06:37:59

Mrs HP - I can see how you must be getting a bit downhearted now. . I hope your appointment this weekend is helpful . Should you get to the point of going down the IVF/clomid route - I believe the fact that you've been pregnant twice before greatly increases your chances.

Now as for age gaps - there is 5 years between my DP and his elder sister. She wasn't terribly impressed initially (he arrived on her birthday!) and used to scratch his head, but now they are really close.

MrsHeggulePoirot Wed 20-Mar-13 06:41:19

Thanks jolly - is it bad that made me giggle a bit? I hope his head is ok now grin

Jollyb Wed 20-Mar-13 06:43:09

Oh Pixie good to hear from you. When are you getting married?

It's hard to know when enough is enough isn't it. This pregnancy was definitely going to be my last 'go' . 3 MCs within 12 months had taken so much out of me.

Jollyb Wed 20-Mar-13 06:45:35

Yes scratches all healed!

MumTumgot Wed 20-Mar-13 08:32:41

Just a quick de lurk .... My age gap is 13 years !!! My dd will actually be 14 in October ! And here I am again with 4 weeks to go .... Built in baby sitter I say wink

amicablemoomin Wed 20-Mar-13 10:07:09

hope you are doing ok Pixie. Wedding plans sound exciting - something to focus on.

MumTumgot Sat 23-Mar-13 04:02:07

Baby Kyle born 16.18 pm 21st march By emergency c sec following spontaneous labour. He is beyond everything I could have asked for grin
A little poorly as 4 weeks early with jaundice and a low blood sugar which we are working on . Hate that I can't hug him as he has to be under his light xxxx

Thank u all for ur support and guidance hand holding and strength xc

Jollyb Sat 23-Mar-13 04:57:44

Wow. Many congrats mumtum (soon to be mumtumgone). Hope Kyle makes a speedy recovery x

Dorita75 Sat 23-Mar-13 07:22:31

What brilliant news to wake up to!! Well done and congratulations mumtum I also hope Kyle gets well soon and you can start the hugs smile

MrsHeggulePoirot Sat 23-Mar-13 09:14:07

Congratulations on Kyle! I reckon he couldn't wait to meet you. Hope you get lots of cuddles soon. X

Redbird12 Sat 23-Mar-13 10:54:15

Congratulations mumtum! Lovely news. Hope you are doing well and you get your cuddles with baby Kyle soon x

MrsHeggulePoirot Sat 23-Mar-13 18:05:53

Had my appt with gp this morning. I've got blood test forms for day (2-5) and day 21. dorita did you do them both in same cycle? I don't know whether to do day 21 this cycle and other one next cycle or leave both to next cycle?

Congratulations mumtum! Yay! x

Dorita75 Sat 23-Mar-13 20:41:13

I did them in the same cycle, I think I was near my 21 day first. My day 1-3 result came back high so they sent me for another one which came out lower than average but having the high result got us the appointment at the fertility clinic. They did a more specific blood test and when we went for results we were already pregnant but the doc had started to tell us my age just meant eggs were older etc nothing in particular wrong or anything, nothing we didn't know as I was 37 at the time. 38 now.

It doesn't matter which you do first or if same or different cycles so I'd just go as soon as you can for both smile

MrsHeggulePoirot Sat 23-Mar-13 21:08:12

Thanks dorita! I am on day 9/10 so will do day 21 this cycle and other one web AF arrives!

HJBeans Sun 24-Mar-13 09:27:15

Congrats mumtum!

Glad to hear the process has started, mrshp, and hope the appointment itself was useful for you and makes you feel you've got a path forward.

amicablemoomin Mon 25-Mar-13 09:09:03

Congrats mumtum!

Jollyb Mon 25-Mar-13 09:30:16

Onwards and upwards Mrs HP. Let's hope you don't get to do your second blood test smile)

How is everyone else - Beans are you feeling any brighter?

LCR77 Mon 25-Mar-13 11:44:12

Hi everyone hope you've all not been too snowed in at the weekend.

mumtum huge congrats on the safe arrival of baby Kyle
MrsHPyou must be relieved things are moving forwards and hopefully you'll get some answers soon
Pixie great you've wedding plans to distract just don't bury everything you're feeling. A great friend who's experienced miscarriages advised me after my ectopic to allow myself to grieve and be miserable for a bit. I know everyone's different but it helped me to know it was ok to feel the way I did. Lots of hand holding here for you and everyone else flowers

Had my 16 week appt Fri and all went well. Heard the heartbeat for the first time which was incredibly special and reassuring. Had to ask the midwife though. Did get some concerning news though as I discovered I'm a rhesus negative blood group which could potentially cause problems in future pregnancies if my baby is rhesus positive. After a little research discovered having had a previous miscarriage or ectopic pg can cause problems. A little worried - anyone got any experience of being rhesus negative?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now