Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 5

(315 Posts)

Hoping the new thread brings a plethora of BFPs and lots of healthy arrivals!

oo00PIXIE00oo Wed 21-Aug-13 22:37:49

Hi ladies - I'm back and newly married. Had a honeymoon of sun, relaxation and plenty of unprotected ....... Unfortunately AF arrived shortly after we got back sad back to the drawing board! Anyone heard from MrsHP?

Jollyb Thu 22-Aug-13 19:42:52

Congratulations pixie (or do I need to call you something else now?!) - though sorry to hear about pesky AF. Haven't heard from the lovely Mrs HP in a while. Saw on another thread that baby Beans has arrived safely.

Good luck for TTC and wishing you a long and happy marriage x

Polka2 Fri 23-Aug-13 15:24:04

Hey ladies - can I venture back onto this board please?! wink

It's so lovely to hear the news of those graduating with a real live bambino in their arms.... Red its not long now at all, very very good luck.

Jolly hope Motherhood is treating you well and you're managing to get some sleep in between gazing at your lovely new bundle!

Pixie congrats on becoming a Mrs and glad you had lots of fun on honeymoon!

My appointments with Raj Rai at St Mary's went well and thank goodness we went as I have a clotting problem that means it would be unlikely that I could carry a pg naturally, so if/when I find myself pg again I need to inject heparin until I'm 24 weeks. Weirdly glad they found something rather than the normal 'its just bad luck' scenario, so fingers x that a BFP arrives soon!

Jollyb Sat 24-Aug-13 10:19:53

Hi Polka good to hear from you. can understand how it must be a relief to find a possible reason for your MCs . Really hope you get some good news soon.

Emily is growing fast. 5 weeks now - still can't believe she's here. Rewind a year and I had just had MC number 3.

Congratulations jolly!

Waves at everyone else, I lost the today for ages, And have just found it today.... As I got a bfp this morning! AF was due today, and I had a spare test so did it. Obvs early, early days and I am terrified and excited and have just started anew job, but there you go!!!

How is everyone else...?

LCR77 Tue 03-Sep-13 12:53:25

mrshp that's amazing news, just let out a squeal of delight for you. Of course it's also understandably terrifying too in the early days. Handholding still on offer here.

Congrats on now being a mrs pixie hope you had an incredible day and honeymoon. Keep the faith your time will come x

I'm now 39+1 and can't quite believe it still. The worry is still there that something will go wrong even now. Just want my baby safe in my arms.

Much love to you all

Polka2 Tue 03-Sep-13 13:15:30

MrsHP thats amazing news - whoopdidiwhoop but obvs hand-holding and hugs too for the "fear"!

LCR you're so close now just enjoy the last few days of pg and brace yourself for the overwhelming happiness you will feel when you have your bambino in your arms. wink

Jollyb Tue 03-Sep-13 21:13:45

Yay congrats Mrs HP so pleased for you.

Good luck LCR - you're so close now x

Polka2 Wed 04-Sep-13 09:26:03

OMG OMG OMG.............I have a feint line, I'm 3 days late, I have a feint line, I'm in a major panic and can't get hold of my docs to get the Heparin.......I can't believe it as it usually takes us FOREVER to get a BFP...........yey but fear!! confused

Jollyb Wed 04-Sep-13 13:08:43

Wow Polka. My faint line is grunting in her bouncy chair. Fingers crossed xx

Hurrah polka! Hopefully we can be upduffed buddies!!!

Polka2 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:55:48

Thanks ladies, reeling from shock and the fear has kicked in well and truly!

AllBoxedUp Wed 04-Sep-13 21:40:49

Hello. I'm looking for somewhere safe to hide and hopefully this is the place. I'm 3 days late and getting faint positives on cheapy pregnancy tests. This is after a mmc in February/March and 5 cycles of trying again. We already have DS who will be 3 next month.
I'm feeling almost in denial about it. I really thought I would feel happier but I just feel terrified if I think about it. I was really excited in January when I found out I was pg but it feels completely different this time. I'm convinced at the moment that it will be a chemical pregnancy - I'm a bit worried that the line was so faint when I tested yesterday and have ran out of strips blush. Will have to buy a real test tomorrow. I do have a short cycle though so it will be 28 days since my last period tomorrow.
Anyway, hope you don't mind me gatecrashing. I was posting a little on the last TTC#2 and turning into a nutjob but only for about a week so hello to anyone who is (unfortunately) on both - I wasn't sure about coming back on and saying this as I wasn't a "regular" but figured this thread was for (hopefully) pg ladies as well. I have been on holiday and very busy for the last couple of weeks and not thinking about TTC for about the first time this year so maybe that helped!
Congratulations to all the newly pg ladies on here as well - let's hope they all stick.

buzzybeetop Fri 06-Sep-13 19:16:00

Wow this thread's suddenly seeing some action again. I've not been on myself much recently but was on a bit more last year when I had 2 mcs one at 8 weeks and one at 12 weeks. I'm now 39 weeks and feeling very thankful but also rather like LCR, still won't believe everything's ok until I see the baby.

Just wanted to say such great news to Mrs HP and Polka. It's been a very long wait for both of you. Also AllBoxedUp welcome and congratulations. I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you. It really helped me to have a 9 week scan so I didn't have so long to wait. I had to pay privately but it was well worth it. My GP advised me to not think ahead of my next scan until I got to 20 weeks and that really helped me. Good luck!

Polka2 Wed 11-Sep-13 14:04:36

Thanks Buzzy you must be really itching to have your bambino in your arms!

Jolly your message about your feint line in its bouncy chair really made me smile and realise it can happen!

MrsHP how are you getting on?

Boxedup welcome and congrats!

I'm injecting Heparine daily and don't seem to be bruising too badly (yet) and I have my 1st scan (6wks6) next Friday so I'm holding my breath (not literally) until then - VERY very sore boobs is the only sign at the mo, although DH did say this morning he thought I had a bump - I crossly told him that was too much chocolate and to shut up!! blush

Redbird12 Wed 11-Sep-13 16:43:17

Congrats on all the BFP's, so lovely to have lots of positive news on this thread and happy to hand hold through those first early scans.

This time last year, i was wondering if i would ever get another BFP and even then, if it would ever lead to a successful pregnancy after 2 MMC's, including losing twins the 2nd time.

Like buzzy, lcr and i think dorita as well, am now just waiting for baby's arrival currently 39+2. A bit of the fear still remains until baby is safely here but it certainly got a lot better after the 20 week scan and once i started feeling him move regularly.

Looking forward to the updates!

I am ok thanks, a bit worried as had awful site breasts which seems to have got a bit better recently which makes me feel like perhaps things are not progressing again. I should get a scan soon though so will at least know one way or the other!

So glad everyone is doing well with their bumps!!!

LCR77 Thu 12-Sep-13 09:46:30

Lovely news on all the bfps ladies. boxed the only mantra that helped me when I was so anxious in the early days is to remember that today you're pregnant. Will keep popping in to check how you're all doing.

Also lovely to know so many of us about to graduate redbird buzzy and dorita. This thread helped me so much after my ectopic pg last year and throughout those early scary days after my bfp. really hope those of you in the same position now find the same solace and support I did x

Polka2 Mon 16-Sep-13 14:49:08

Red I remember your tough times well (same sort of thing/time as mine) that has come round so quickly, you're so close now!

MrsHP my boobs are outrageously sore too and this morning was the first morning I felt a bit pukey, been feeling stupidly tired too, I think though that you can be so desperate to feel symptons you (me) can imagine them here or away depending on your fatalistic state of mind! Fingers crossed you get your scan soon!

Jollyb Tue 17-Sep-13 19:23:29

Excited to hear about the BFPs and imminent arrivals. Polka and Mrs HP the early days are so tough aren't they. Fingers crossed for you both x

Dorita75 Tue 17-Sep-13 21:06:02

Hi all, it's good to see the thread has kickstarted again, I have been lax in checking it but it's fabulous to see so much good news.

As jollyb says, my faint line is also here, lying on my chest as we speak. She was born a year & a week after the due date I had for my mc last year.

Fingers crossed to those waiting for their BFPs xx

Polka good luck on Friday, I have mine booked for next Wednesday. In all honesty though, I think it is all over. All my symptoms have completely gone, breasts feel normal again, my slight sickness in the afternoons has gone, I just aren't feeling it like I did the first time when it was OK. I know I won't know for definitely until next week, but sort of feel resigned to the result!

Polka2 Wed 18-Sep-13 08:52:40

Oh I'm so sorry MrsHP although you never do know so don't give up hope completely. Have you done another test at all? cake brew doesn't really cover it but hugs.

Redbird12 Wed 18-Sep-13 16:50:29

Congrats dorita on your little girl, i am 40+2 now and still waiting....

polka and mrshp thinking of you for your scans, dont give up hope yet mrshp, was convinced it was all over before the 1st scan at 6 weeks this time, i was in absolute shock when the consultant we saw immediately found a heartbeat! Thinking of you both x

polka good luck for today x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now