The Elderberry & Sausage Pavlovas in 'Battle Royale 3: Shag Tiara Death Match' - the search for the immaculate conception!

(997 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sat 09-Mar-13 23:17:48

Entrant criteria: TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, OPK & EWCM obsession, NO instadiffers. (Thread 6)

Pipbin Sun 10-Mar-13 09:39:53

Oh, and welcome new people.

Bunnygirlie Sun 10-Mar-13 09:44:28

Yep tallyra I sure am glad I have given up bookface for lent! I really don't wanna see what my people's little darlings have made/ bought them!

Happy please send some high temps over here. Another dismal 36.17 this morning (coverline temp).

Penny lots of CM may or may not be a symptom. If it's CM at ovulation time it should be EWCM (ignore the amount, is it stretchy?) If you ovulated when you thought you did there are people who say they had lots of CM around implantation so could be that optimistic. How are you calculating without ovulation. <Bores everyone> If you are not doing so already please start temping and using OPK's so you get a proper view of what your cycle is doing. <Wakes everyone up who has fallen asleep because i'm on one again>

Raining add me to your prayers please

Mavis and Sidney UPDATES. IMPATIENT WOMAN WANTS PEE STICK NEWS

SidneyBristow, 38, ttc since July 2012 (cycle 8), AF due 12 March; awaiting blood test results & appt for ultrasound
MavisCruet176, 35, cycle 5 since mmc, af due 14 March
Boodle, 30, Cycle 19, awaiting FS referral and AF due 15th March
Penny31, Age 33, dp and I ttc #1 cycle 1 bfp due 16th of march
Happylass, 35 cycle 7 AF due 17th March
PowderPuffs, 31, Cycle 5, BFP due 18th March
Merkin, 31, cycle 8, AF due 19 Mar
Barkingtreefrog, 33, ttc since January 2012, BFP due 21 March
Twinklestar2, 34, ttc since August 2011, BFP due 22 March
Sonics. 32. TTC since jan 2011. MMC in aug 2012. Due 22nd march
Thunderbuns, 34, cycle 3 since mmc, af due 23rd March
gilly86, 26, married, TTC 3 cycles
Bunny, 33, married, TTC since June 2012, getting blood tests, hubby having tests too, AF due 27th March
CaptainMoll - 32, TTC since August 2011, AF due 27 March ish Lap and Dye in a couple of months, DH still awaiting proper test results.. *sigh
Pipbin, 37, TTC since May 2011, on the waiting list for IVF AF due 30th March
Aquarius, 32, cycle 10/11,
Frogcatcher, 36, "step-mother" to OH's 8 year old, TTC since Nov 2012
ItsAlwaysRaining, very old, TTC one year, one mmc, one blocked tube, 4th cycle of Clomid, on CD5.
ILoveMyCats - 31 (nearly 32), ttc #1 since sept 2012, cycle 3 due to long cycle craziness AF due date unknown but FX soon!
Sloaneraver, 34, married, TTC for first time since Feb 2013
Soph 33, married, TTC #1 since Jul 11, on IUI waiting list
Haycorn, 30, TTC for 6 months
Tallyra, 33, TTC since 2009, 3 MCs, doctors appt on 11th to ask many questions.
cherrycoconut, 33, still on cycle #1 TTC since September 2012 OV due...? AF due..?!
Pipersouth, 37 married (not teacher! ) ttc since Jul/August last year, AF 10 days late but BFN

Pip well done you!

Anyone here had thyroid issues? Am off to google but would like some proper advice...

Pipbin Sun 10-Mar-13 10:10:45

Am I alone in feeling like I'm Bea operating the steam press when new girls turn up?
Am I alone in getting the reference?

<watches cluelessly as reference flies way over head> Er... ¿? confused

Bunnygirlie Sun 10-Mar-13 10:27:23

3 times in 12 hours?!? pipkin we're lucky if we managed 3 times in 12 days!!! Take my tiara and wear it with pride lady!

OMG boys are soooooo stooooopid! Joined DH in shower this morning to see if we could get things going, he starts to fiddle with me and wipes all the very expensive concieve plus off so nowt can happen! Aaaaaaaaaagh

twinklestar2 Sun 10-Mar-13 10:30:07

Wow well done pip! I get the reference!

Penny31 Sun 10-Mar-13 10:33:00

sad feeling a bit awkward in the corner over here...( not understanding pipbins comment and hoping its not a bad thing...)

<googles reference so as not to look so clueless>

<fails on googling, waits for somebody to explain>

happylass Sun 10-Mar-13 11:14:11

Haha Merkin I googled it too! Think I get it now!

haycorn Sun 10-Mar-13 11:18:11

Ooh, a shiny new thread! Although it could do with a bit of a spruce up. <sets to work tidying away barking's sausage straws and various sausage related paraphernalia before putting the poor exhausted sausage man to bed now that raining has finished with him, all whilst trying to avoid pipbin and her steam press>

There, that's better!

PowderPuffs Sun 10-Mar-13 11:25:28

I don't get it either!

Soooo just rang my mum to wish her happy mother's day, she replied "one day I might be saying that to you!"
Aaaaaarrrrrgggghh, I'm doing my sodding best! Kind of.

Pip strongly agree re DPs 15-year-old selves. It's ridiculous how the tables turn once they feel like there's an obligation.

Hello Sonics!
This site is handy re all kinds of OPK sticks and their interpretation:
www.peeonastick.com

Sonics Sun 10-Mar-13 12:13:05

Thanks for the welcome and hello everybody <waves>

I have no idea what pip is talking about either!

Ooh I'll check out that website powder thanks. I just feel like I've stressed so much squinting at lines on a stick that £20 is worth it for a clear cut result.

Although next month DH and I have said that we might scrap the charting and the opks and just try having regular sex. That's what we did the month I got pg last year. I go on and off with it. Sometimes I want to go all out charting and then get sick of it all and just give up for a bit.

sonics when you say your temps are all over the place how bad are they? Can you link to your chart? <nosy> are you taking your temp at the exact same time every day before you get up/wake up?
The only reasons I would say to continue temping and OPKs is that it gives you ammunition with your doc later down the line to prove you are or are not ovulating. And the facts show that women who pinpoint O through OPks and temps have much higher success rates on getting pregnant I'm afraid.

sonics sorry multiple posts but have to keep going back and reading your original post as on my phone. Lots of people don't get noticeable EWCM (me included). Lots of berries will be able to advise on multiple things you can take/do to hopefully increase CM if you ask. In the meantime get some preseed (use very very very sparingly) and remember OH does not need to know (mine doesn't) wink

haycorn can you come and spruce up my house while you're on??
Can someone explain the blardy reference to me before I have a strop angry [sulky]

Sonics Sun 10-Mar-13 12:25:52

How do I link to my chart?

I started taking evening primrose oil this month but only about 2 days before I got a positive opk so then I stopped. I'll carry on with that next month. Any other tips?

Is pre-seed different to conceive plus?

Sonics Sun 10-Mar-13 12:26:58

Sorry I've just realised that I've posted on another thread about using conceive plus but not on this one so you wouldn't know we've been doing that already!

happylass Sun 10-Mar-13 12:29:25

Sonic I agree that the smiley face on the digi OPKs is far more reassuring than constantly trying to work out if the bloody test line is " as dark or darker" than the control line, especially if like me you get a fade in fade out result over a couple of days. As Merkin said tho I wouldn't use them long term as they are a rip off! In fact I've given up on the OPKs altogether as I'm pretty regular so just rely on temping plus OV pains. Think I got my digis from eBay. About £9 for 7.

haycorn Sun 10-Mar-13 12:50:04

Had to google it myself Merkin: Http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_characters_?_inmates

I'm hoping this is what Pip was referring to, otherwise I may have accused her of being a psychopathic convict for no good reason, in which case she will definitely be after me with the steam press!

sonics if you bring up your chart and right click on it you can select copy image URL and paste that here as a link (if you're on your phone when pasting links put double square brackets at either side of it). Conceive plus an pre seed are the same thing I believe

Where are the pee stick people? <drums fingers impatiently>
I have procrastinated all morning so am now off to complete a mountain of cleaning, washing and ironing. I will not be distracted <wanders of thread, puts kettle on, makes tea, checks thread on phone, gets distracted...>

I have decided I am not going to POAS anymore, I am going to PIMP (pee in my pot) which is a much better acronym IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now