2ww club due towards end of month!

(224 Posts)
Sonics Fri 08-Mar-13 15:47:41

I know there's already a 2ww thread going but they're getting to the end of theirs and I'm only at the start.

AF is due around 21st march for me. Been trying to chart for the last couple of cycles and struggling a bit. I got a positive opk on Monday (CD11) but my temp is all over the place.

Anyone want to join me? Soph80 we're usually quite in sync?! smile

gilly86 Tue 12-Mar-13 08:04:32

Hi TTC1Madness... Ive heard spotting can be a sign of implantation!? Not sure if its too early for that though....?

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else too! x

TTC1Madness Tue 12-Mar-13 08:09:49

Thanks Gilly86! I know.. I really am trying not get hopes up and trying to 'ignore' the symptoms I think I have!
Fingers crossed for everyone smile x

Dasie Tue 12-Mar-13 12:01:46

Hi ladies, looking for a little advice from you.
Because my positive OPK was yesterday, should I count yesterday or today as ovulation day? I did one OPK yesterday at 11:40 which was negative (only just) and the positive one was at 15:40. Have repeated this morning and I'm undecided if its still positive, could read it either way as the test stripe appears kinda in half!! any opinions welcomed!!

Dasie Tue 12-Mar-13 12:05:17

p.s I'm temp charting too but its not much help! It's only my first cycle of TTC so I'm learning as I go! smile

gilly86 Tue 12-Mar-13 13:51:31

Ahhh dasie that's a good question I want to know the same thing! I also got a positive OPK yesterday!!!!

LittleStar0909 Tue 12-Mar-13 16:59:41

Hi, can I join? I'm new to mumsnet and online chat rooms generally! My DH and I are ttc #2 after our son was stillborn in September. This is our 4th month of ttc and I think I am 1DPO (got clearblue smiley face on Mon morning). Really hope this is our month but after being disappointed for the last 3 I am trying not to get my hopes up. I'm hoping being on this thread will help me to preserve some sanity during the 2ww! Really hope you lovely ladies get BFPs this month. X

winterpansy Tue 12-Mar-13 17:25:55

Hi littlestar, so sorry for the loss of your DS.
Fair play to you for ttc so soon - it must be very stressful.
Fingers firmly crossed that this month is sucessful for you! x

PS I'm on cycle 1 and used the smiley face cb opk too - it's great that you can know when to do it at the right time!

IamKuma Tue 12-Mar-13 18:01:22

Can I join too please! I felt a bit out of the main March thread as AF not due till 28th.....

2nd cycle and already going a bit nuts! Like SarahMargaret DH works away quite a bit so wasn't able to get timing quite right last month so DTD rather a lot at the weekend and intend to keep at it for the rest of the week hoping to catch OV. Not using OPKs at the moment but according to the Ovuview app it should be around today based on a few months of tracking symptoms.....

Good luck everyone!

SarahMargaret Tue 12-Mar-13 18:31:16

IamKuma..... if you can help it stay away from opks, I got a positive last Thursday knowing that hubby wasn't home till Friday night so frustrating, was hoping I'd ov later on Thur and egg still be alive on Fri night but depends how long his sperm took to reach it sad This is our 3rd cycle, timing wasn't on our side last month and the 1 before that we used KY Kelly as we always had done not realising it has spermicide and was killing off sperm!! AF due 22nd so this day next week I might give in and start testing. If this your #1?

Dasie Tue 12-Mar-13 18:46:30

I have a similar problem Sarah and Iam, myself and DP are currently only together at weekends so I'm really hoping the DTD at the weekend equals sperm meets egg with my +ve OPK yesterday!!! grin

IamKuma Tue 12-Mar-13 19:06:12

SarahMargaret, yes this is #1; I'm 38 so I feel under time pressure too. DH is pretty much away 1 week in every 3, so we're OK this month and next, but would miss relevant dates in May.... if we are still ttc then. Before starting ttc I didn't imagine that I would be that worried about it but it's frustrating me already wink

Dasie - good luck with your weekend timings; I've read that the sperm can hang around for about 5 days so if you DTD a few days before OV you are in with a good chance!

Flossytoes Tue 12-Mar-13 19:39:29

Hellos ladies,
Can I join? I'm ttc #1 on cycle #2. It's day 21 and AF is due on 25th March (since off the pill my cycles are 32 or 33 days consistently). I got +opk on day 15 but am charting as well and haven't really had a big rise in temp although had quite a dip on day 20. Not sure what that means as I've read that could mean I ovulated that day but that's probably too many days after my +opk? Very confusing

SarahMargaret Tue 12-Mar-13 20:04:21

Dasie, I think you might be in with a shot this month, if you dtd at the weekend sperm are prob still alive and will be waiting for the egg smile good luck.

Iam hopefully you will be on your way by May ;) xx

Dasie Wed 13-Mar-13 08:56:28

Hi ladies,

How are you all? Any updates or news from anyone yet?

smile

gilly86 Wed 13-Mar-13 09:01:15

My news is that I AM OFFICIALLY IN THE 2 WEEK WAIT!

DTD CD13,14,15,16,17

Positive OPK on CD17 after days of negatives (although the line was getting darker around CD15-16)

Gutted we couldnt DTD one more time on CD18 (yesterday) but DH was tired and had to be up at 4am this morning AND we ended up having an argument! Arrghhh! (We rarely argue so thats even MORE annoying!)

Only thing is I havent really seen an increase in BBT yet. I had a considerable DIP just before my positive OPK on monday but no big increase.... yet. Maybe tomorrow?!

Today Im going away to see some family without DH as he couldnt get the time off work.... Im back on Sunday night and OV would have definitely been and gone by then (if it hasnt already) so I feel like my DTD to conceive work is done for the month and now its time to wait!

Dasie Wed 13-Mar-13 09:07:13

Great news Gilly. I think you have the DTD front covered grin

I'm having the same thing with my temps, got my +ve OPK on monday but still no rise in temp confused.

I'm counting down to the last second til POAS time comes around!!

gilly86 Wed 13-Mar-13 09:10:56

Same!!!! My trackers say AF is due around 25th....

Fingers crossed I'll get a bfp instead smile

And hopefully u will too!

FromagePlease Wed 13-Mar-13 09:13:09

Hello all,

My AF is due 17th or 18th, and don't feel entirely hopeful. Just don't feel pregnant. However this morning I feel sick as a dog, that awful naucious feeling that won't go away. Haven't actually been sick, just waves of nausea.

Anyone get the same? It's all in my head isn't it.....?

Good luck everyone smile

FromagePlease Wed 13-Mar-13 09:18:03

So sorry, I meant 'nauseous'. Must be the queasiness impacting my spelling smile

Dasie Wed 13-Mar-13 09:20:02

Fromage I think until proven otherwise you should take everything as a positive sign smile

FromagePlease Wed 13-Mar-13 10:20:25

Thanks Dasie that's some good positive encouragement! Still feeling rather sick but not quite as bad as earlier. I'm at work at the moment, so hard to hide it! DH thinks it's the wine I had last night (I know, not approved, but was sure that it wasn't our month and so had 2 glasses)

I hope that your timings work out. As IamKuma said, I've heard that it's best to dtd before the +OPK so that the little blighters are in there are ready to go. When are you due to POAS?

Dasie Wed 13-Mar-13 10:44:58

This is only my 2nd cycle since coming off cerazette (1st TTC) so I'm a little unsure of my exact cycle length but if OPK is correct then due 25/26 March. Will probs be poas from 8dpo knowing me!!

When are you gonna succumb to the temptation to POAS Fromage

Fingers x for a BFP for us all grin

FromagePlease Wed 13-Mar-13 11:41:46

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you Dasie!

I won't POAS until Monday earliest. Partly as I'd rather not have the disapointment and partly as I'm too tight to pay for something that I might not need (if AF arrives) Although if I'm feel sick again tomorrow morning perhaps there's a more persuasive arguement for a cheeky early test... smile

SarahMargaret Wed 13-Mar-13 18:07:54

Totally over thinking things now. Tears yesterday and today, for no reason.. such a cranky mood too, prob just AF - due next Friday. Don't feel pregnant at all but would LOVE this to be our month sad

Dasie Wed 13-Mar-13 18:40:48

Sarah Feeling emotional and teary is probably a symptom of pregnancy as much as it is of PMS so keeping my fingers x for you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now