Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

CloudOfStarlings Sun 08-Sep-13 08:59:04

Exactly 4ever! But i comfort myself with the fact he'll get so much out of it.

neeko so cute & funny of your dd1!

Neeko Sun 08-Sep-13 10:26:16

4ever you worded it perfectly! smile I'm also finding it harder this time as I don't do the "nursery run" so don't see any of dd2's wee friends. Met her new best friend from nursery and her mum at ballet yesterday and it was amazing how much better that made me feel.
On the flip side their confidence grows, they have much more to contribute to dinner conversation and they know so much surprising stuff that they'll wow you even more than before. grin
All we're doing is being the reassuring constant background that makes them be secure enough to grow into themselves and the adult they will be. I promise that it doesn't make them love you any less (tho their teacher now becomes the person who knows everything and you're sometimes wrong! wink)

Neeko Wed 11-Sep-13 20:33:05

Where have you all gone?
Moon how are you feeling?

Shroom you've been really quiet. How is it going back at work?

CloudOfStarlings Thu 12-Sep-13 09:32:32

I'm here neeko smile
moon hope you're chilling out a lot! Can't believe how close you are now!! Any Braxton hicks or other interesting things going on?? hope your back pain, sciatica etc isnt too painful, nearly over!

Rumours Thu 12-Sep-13 10:34:39

Here smile

moonmrs Thu 12-Sep-13 13:00:20

I'm here too smile have stayed away except for lurking as feeling very miserable now, sciatica is so painful I can barely walk and this week is officially the start of my maternity leave so feel like I'm now wasting it by sitting about not being able to do anything, would have attempted another week at work if I'd known he wouldn't be early, can see my limited time off with him dwindling as I type - but also very grateful to still be here and don't want to complain for the likes of mrsk who would do anything to be here. Yes lots of movement going on inside and BH galore, just want it to be the actual day now.

Shroomboom Thu 12-Sep-13 17:22:31

Oh poor you moon, it sounds really painful sad Don't feel bad about complaining, the end of the pregnancy can be really tough and you need to be able to come on here and vent smile

Things okay here neeko, am 20+5 and everything's fine with the baby but I am really struggling being back at work. It's very heavy going for the first few weeks, and I am exhausted. Ended up at hospital on Tues due to pains and pressure feeling down below, but all is okay. I'm going to stay off tomorrow though as I think I've pushed myself as far as I can go. Sorry for not being on more, but have literally been surviving over the last couple of weeks. DS has started primary so we have the dreaded homework every evening too!

Hope all is good with everybody, and moon take it easy!

CloudOfStarlings Fri 13-Sep-13 09:14:06

Oh moon that is just so rubbish sad I know you feel your clock ticking on your time with him but I do also think it's really important for you to feel rested before he arrives so don't feel too down about not doing much, it's good for your body to rest and prepare smile really hope he'll arrive soon though!!

shroom another exhausted lady..you poor thing, well done on taking some time off though! Urgh to homework, surely unnecessary at that age?! Can't believe you're past 20 weeks already, eeeepp!

Ds had his first day at school yesterday & loved it! I was a but tearful cos he went all shy at the start but after a few mins he got stuck right in playing smile so proud of him. They're off on a trip on the public bus today to the build a bear factory to make their class bear! He can't wait for the 'aventure' smile

moonmrs Fri 13-Sep-13 11:55:34

Thanks girls, I think I'm just being impatient now which I'm sure amplifies everything else, I know he'll be here soon enough. Booked in for a sweep on Tues if he hasn't arrived, and another for the following Tues, then if still nothing I will be induced on the 29th. If I could just get rid of the sciatica pain I would be ok, it means atm I can't get out and about and I feel totally useless.

shroom sorry to hear you're still having a bit of a rough time, please take things as easy as you can, I know that's hard when working though. Everyone always said to me that by 20 weeks you feel great - I'm still waiting for that lol.

Aww cloud bless your ds and bless you! Great to hear he got stuck right in, makes it easier for you although I expect very emotional. A whole new chapter for you.

moon, I know its frustrating but seriously, enjoy the relaxation, you won't know what's hit you when he's finally here . take up knitting or mls would recommend crochet.

sorry that I've been MIA for the past month or so - summer has been manic. Had a lovely holiday in Canada - it was really amazing, lovely family time, all three kids were great, even the youngest who was devil child at the festival and will not be going next year.

and now back to school work etc - works really not fun, which isn,'t good.

anyway will be back soon with more personals

moonmrs Fri 13-Sep-13 20:22:47

hi lbm thought you'd been quiet, totally forgot you'd been away blush great to hear you had such a good time, sadly work often isn't all that great but it pays for the holidays! I am trying to enjoy the time I have left, I'm just not very patient atm which is odd as I am usually very patient and a go with the flow type of person.

Had a madras tonight to try and help things along - was very tasty but no signs yet! He does seem to be getting very low though, my legs hit my bump when going up the stairs and if I sit in a certain position a little arm pops out almost in my thigh lol.

4everhopeful Sat 14-Sep-13 02:21:14

Aw moon I echo the others, just put your feet up and listen to your body, that nesting instinct can be overwhelming, but I agree that your body is telling you to rest and prepare itself! The last weeks are so hard, but so exciting too! You'll be meeting your son andthe 2 of you will become the 3 of you before you know it! When's your edd again? Oooh sweeps may well start it off and BH are a great sign too! Please make sure you let us all know asap! grin

Cloud ahhhhhhh Js first day at school! <melt> So pleased he's settled ok, how was his 'aventure'!?!?grin

LBM great to see you back! Holiday sounded fab..... sorry to hear work is pants though! Is BB
starting school too?

Talking about work being pants, hope you're hanging in there shroom? Could you do reduced hrs or anything? Even get signed off cos of your circumstances? With Summer I was pretty much signed off the whole pregnancy! Blummin brilliant to being over half way my lovely! grin Soooo thrilled for you! Must of been scary on tuesday, glad hospital confirmed all is well.. When's your 20wk scan? You still declining to find out the flavour?!

Neeko hope the whole work/life balance is improving? Loved our last posts re school, made me sad to think that her teachers going to be this new role model in her life! envy wink Of course you are that role model figure to all your pupils yourself!

Rumours how's your boys settling back? How's your plans re your teaching going?

Sabs how's life with you? Is S in school now too? I'm sure those few hrs a day help? I feel guilty for thinking it, but know it will help me when Summer starts.. confused When does your mat leave end?

Waves to the lurkers wink

Night feed here... exhaustive week, big round of hospital & drs apts for glucose test which still waiting on result from, 8wk & post natal apts & my little man's jabs, as well as fitting in lots of lovely meet ups with my sis who's down, and preparing for hols and BIL wedding nx wk! Just not enough hrs in the day, I'm sooo shattered and in need of this holiday! Roll on nx Friday! Just seen the date & realised its actually 6yrs today since my 1st mc... wow, wish id had a crystal ball back then, a rocky road, but what huge rewards at the end of it! smile Right my gorgeous ikkle man's sleeping again, my turn too! He is so luvverly at the moment, really communicating together now, huge grins for me and we 'chat' in seal language! LOL! grin

moonmrs Sat 14-Sep-13 14:42:02

4ever you sound so busy but also very happy smile Agree with you about the crystal ball, its the not knowing that's so hard but look at us all now and we're still here to tell the stories. Meant to say before, well done on your weight loss, I've put on about 3 stone too so you're my inspiration in getting a similar amount off in a similar amount of time - how have you done it? Oh yes and you picked my edd in the sweepstake so am desperately hoping you're right! Tues 17th he is supposed to be here...

The curry did nothing but give me awful heartburn last night hmm I guess he's just comfy in there.

Neeko Sun 15-Sep-13 09:08:53

moon Sorry to hear you are feeling so rubbish but it won't be long now. I'm really excited that your long-awaited dream is coming true. There won't be a dry eye in the greenhouse that day! gringrin

Shroom also sorry to hear you are physically struggling but delighted that bean is growing big and strong. Remember that it's time to put your child before other people's. No one is indispensable in schools so get signed off if need be. You'll be on mat leave before you know it wink. Btw I think this one is pink.

cloud so glad your young man got on well and has settled in at school. I'll bet you are enjoying the extra time 1-1 with the wee one smile

4ever agree with others that you sound so happy. smilesmileDo you feel "complete" now? Hope the wedding goes well and you have a wonderful holiday.

Speaking of holidays, glad you had a great time lbm. Sorry that work is so hard for you too. Have a sympathetic hug.

mrskate thinking of you xx

rumours How's the Christmas shopping going? My visa bill just arrived hmm and it's obvious that I've been a very busy girl online wink. It's so lovely to tick some people off the list. I have most of the girls' stocking fillers now and a few other things for their sacks. Feel that if I only get them their big "wish" present now (which they haven't identified yet) then they'll have plenty.
I bought those mugs for people at work and they look lovely. I'm going to wrap them soon. DH is 40 in December and we have a wedding 2 days before Christmas shock so the more I do now, the better.

Awful, awful weather here. Hope you're all cosied up today smile

4everhopeful Sun 15-Sep-13 16:15:30

Ahhh neeko you're making me envy with your christmas chat! I'm itching to get started, the hols have taken over, both time wise and financially, as soon as I'm back I'm on it! smile Ah bless everyone saying how happy I sound, smile I am! And, yes, actually do feel 'complete' and content! Went back on the pill a couple weeks ago for first time in 6yrs we are not making babies, and although initially strange to be at the end of that chapter of our lives, its also tinged with relief, huge gratitude at what we finally have, and excitement at just enjoying our beautiful blessed children and parenthood! smile

That all kinda blurbed out!

Moon just soooo excited for you! grin Wow this tuesday eh?! So close! I hope it happens before I go on friday, but Ill be lurking for news if not! Will definitely be a teary moment, you are so deserving and you've waited so long and been through so much, its a magical time! grin Thanks re the weight loss btw! 3&1/2 stone on, lost just over 2&1/2 now, and amazingly not really tried, but think bf this greedy boy, and chasing a crazy 3yr old round has helped! smile

Just finished our packing! Back is aching like mad! Think Teddy has more than all of us! hmm smile

Neeko Sun 15-Sep-13 20:15:10

Wow 4ever back on the pill must have seemed weird wink but lovely to not have to think about baby making and knicker-checking!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday as a family of 4!

CloudOfStarlings Mon 16-Sep-13 09:22:41

moon I can't believe you're due TOMORROW!! So exciting! Come on little moonbeam we're ready to meet you now!

4ever have a lovely relaxing holiday! That must feel weird for you now not to think about ttc after all this time. Hugs for sad anniversaries too. Ds absolutely loved his trip but hes been soooo tired since starting school, will see how he gets on this wk & maybe he might start napping before it <hopeful>

lbm hello! So glad you had lovely hol but rubbish that work is hard sad I did giggle at cheeky bb being banned from the festival next year! What a monkey!

Hello to all! I've got a seriously grumpy teething baby at the mo who threw his whole bowl of cereal across the dining room today in a strip..weetabix is EVIL to clean up! grin

CloudOfStarlings Mon 16-Sep-13 09:23:54

Ha, Strop not strip..

moonmrs Mon 16-Sep-13 14:32:49

Ah 4ever I am sooo happy for you, I love hearing you sound so happy it really is lovely. I remember you talking about planning your trip on here and you were in a quandary over how many of you there might be for it, and look, you are 4 grin

cloud I did laugh at the Weetabix, I know its a bugger to get off the bowls, let alone anything else, and I've heard it sticks to hair pretty good too!

I can't believe I'm due tomorrow either, never thought I'd be saying those words in my lifetime. Please let him be here soon.

Neeko Mon 16-Sep-13 21:14:56

<<waves pompoms for Babymoon for tomorrow>> Go, baby, go!!!

Eeek just had a text from neeko to say its moons edd tomorrow!! How very bloody exciting! grin Are you feeling ready or are you thinking "what am I doing? Complete change of lifestyle? Nothing will ever be the same. " etc etc? I find the end of pregnancy always really weird as even though I wanted each of my babies so badly, I always started to doubt what I was doing and whether I was doing the right thing right at the end. Will be lurking!

lbm waves! Yes I'd definitely recommend crochet!

4ever glad to hear you sounding so happy. Sod the pill, my dh had the snip earlier this year! wink

cloud I too have a mr grumpy. I don't know if its his teeth or if he's feeling unwell but he's been sleeping terribly lately with night wakings & early starts. Last night we were literally up half the night with him so for the first time we put him in our bed & he slept snuggled up to us until the alarm went off an hour later! Tonight he his dosed up with Calpol and Calprofen plus I've put him in a 2.5 tog grobag so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Off to pack eBay stuff <<dull>>

CloudOfStarlings Mon 16-Sep-13 23:01:43

Ah mls that really sucks sad thankfully my ds2's sleep hasn't been disturbed (he's a champion sleeper for which we are very grateful!!) But he's just been really grumpy & whingey during the day. He let me see inside his mouth today though & a big fat molar has come through so hopefully might ease off a bit now - it's definitely teething for him as he has about 4 dirty nappies a day (usually 1) and constant runny nose - joy! Hope your little fella does better tonight!

Will be lurking a lot for you moon!

CloudOfStarlings Mon 16-Sep-13 23:03:42

Oh moon I haven't forgotten I still need to show you my fat photo wink I found one the other day of the day after ds2 was born, I'll upload tomorrow! grin

Neeko Tue 17-Sep-13 07:10:49

Happy EDD Moon. Don't get too grumpy with your son if he chooses to sit tight today. There will be plenty of time to be grumpy with him in the years to come wink.
Please let us know when things are happening so we can cheer you on smile.

Rumours Tue 17-Sep-13 07:31:55

Happy EDD moon grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now