Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

moonmrs Mon 24-Jun-13 20:20:12

I just lost a huge post sad this stupid laptop tries to be too clever and its lost all my sodding post. Not impressed. I don't have time to write it all again!

Anyway in a nutshell I said 4ever you must be so excited to know you only have 3 weeks at the most to wait!

And to neeko that I think we finally have a name, but sorry can't share. Dh now likes one I suggested originally but didn't like then, until he chose a middle name to go with it and suddenly its a nice name now lol.

And to ask some advice on stretchmarks. Did you all get them? I've got loads overnight, guessing my little monkey had a growth spurt! Have been using bio-oil but is there anything better? I know they're just like war wounds and most women have them but would like to minimise them if possible.

Can't remember what else now hmm

Big waves to everyone.

Quick post before it goes!

Neeko Mon 24-Jun-13 22:37:24

Moon Yay to a name! That's exciting. I had some stretch marks but they have mostly faded to silver now. I used bio oil but if I remember rightly some others swore by mama moo. I think someone had a massive reaction the the Palmers stuff too. Slather stuff on as often as possible and treat any marks as badges of honour!

4ever Eek! It's getting close. Taking the kindle fire on hols so hopefully will be able to lurk occasionally.

Hi to everyone else.

We fly a week tomorrow. Yipee!

Neeko Mon 24-Jun-13 22:38:46

Mama mio (At least I think that's what it's called)

4everhopeful Tue 25-Jun-13 09:45:32

Wow Neeko a week tomorrow?! grin Sooooo exciting! Have you started packing yet?! Yes, lurk for news if you can!

Moon I've been incredibly lucky considering the size of my bumps both pregnancies, that I've got away without stretchmarks, but still religously applied Sanctuary Mum to be collagen boosting body butter daily, slathered on, that's after my bath/shower, and have always moisturized by putting baby oil straight on wet skin all over my body as soon as I get out, again slathered on my belly, then followed by the sanctuary stuff... another tip is never scratch your bump! If its itchy & tight, just slather on more cream! As Neeko says though, they are most definitely a badge of honour, and they do fade! wink

Was on a mission yesterday, between Dh and I both front & back gardens look immaculate <satisfying> smile think all the activity (& tmi but dtd yesterday morning!) resulted in a tiny bit of a show! hmm From what I've read, can be gradual, don't think it was all of it, but a start possibly?! Taking Summer to her pre school playgroup today, but really intend to start taking it easy sometime soon! confused smile

CloudOfStarlings Tue 25-Jun-13 14:57:35

Hello ladies we are still surrounded by boxes & will be for a while as have to go away again this weekend for family thing (had one last weekend too) Grr.. hate stuff everywhere but slowly getting there! The house is fab though just can't wait to get it all painted (will have to be gradual due to money!)
Still no internet either, so just on 3g on my phone, bit annoying.. thankfully dh set the tv up on a box for me to watch wimbledon!!

4ever wow only 3 weeks! Amazing! Can't wait to hear your news. well done on all the nesting!

moon fab u have a name, my dh did that too refusing names I suggested initially then coming round to them smile I have tonnes of stretchmarks & tried mama mio & bio oil right from start of pg but didn't work for me.. I think it partly is genetic whether you get them. I will say though that they look a lot worse while you're actually pregnant.. once your tummy shrinks down & they go white/silvery they're not so bad..

neeko have an AMAZING time away! Can't wait to hear about it!

Hello to everyone sorry not to stop..hope sabs and her lovely ds doing well.. and of course still thinking of & praying for shroom, must be 9 weeks now??

moonmrs Tue 25-Jun-13 20:27:16

4ever grin so you think this is the start?! I'm so excited for you! Very jealous you have no stretchmarks, I'm not sure how I have so many and my bump isn't even that big? hmm I've always done the baby oil thing too so maybe I'm just unlucky, but yes like you say, they fade and they're part of your history of becoming a mummy. I read someone somewhere describing them as part of life's tapestry. Thanks neeko and cloud for your recommendations too, will use up the bio oil then may try something else.

cloud how lovely to have your own shiny new home smile I too hate the whole being surrounded in chaos and boxes with no internet, but its not forever, and soon it will be your perfect home for you and your family.

neeko bet you're all so excited now, a week will fly by!

I have my GTT tomorrow, so I shall be bored silly sitting in a hospital for 3 hours hmm and I will be starving!

4ever hope this is the beginning and your boy arrives soon!! neeko I'm not jealous at all - have you told the girls yet?

moon I too have no stretch marks but as Cloud said, I@m pretty certain it is genetic and I was just lucky.

Got to go - BB has been waking up most nights for the last week and I'm knackered!

4everhopeful Wed 26-Jun-13 10:44:32

LBM hope you get some sleep soon, I too am sleep deprived but its my little man, not my little lady!

Cloud so long as you have at least 3G access and ya telly, then it aint all bad! wink You'll get there! smile

Moon hope you're not too bored and your GD test is nearly done with a good outcome! You can tuck into something yummy very soon! wink

Don't think anything is imminent just yet with me, was only a teeny bit of show, apparently can happen in stages up to 1/2 weeks in advance, I'm cool with that, would like to get to final consultant/diabetes midwife apt next tues, need to discuss some form of basic birth plan re diabetes management and strep B management... hmm Also both DH and I have got each other little 'birth presents' mines a teddy bear with a personalised T shirt for him from baby, and I've put July 2013 on it! He's got me something with babys Ruby July birthstone on it, so I need to cross my legs til next Monday at least! smile I also have hairdressers on fri, and pre birth wax on the 6th! wink

Neeko Thu 27-Jun-13 15:29:55

Popping in to see if 4ever is in labour yet? grin

Just about to have my pre-holiday waxing done. Eek! 4 sleeps to go. Excited smile smile smile

Hope everyone else is ok.

4everhopeful Fri 28-Jun-13 10:16:08

Still here Neeko! smile Nowt yet!

Excited for you & your hols! Nearly there! grin

Rumours Fri 28-Jun-13 12:31:32

Have a fabby holiday neeks, my dh is off the next two weeks too, not going to Disney though sad
Thanks for the offer for a pitstop, you'll be with
Mickey though grin

4ever soooo excited grin xx

Neeko Fri 28-Jun-13 13:18:19

Rumours Gutted bout the pit stop. Want me to leave the key under the mat? shock Have a fab time smile

4ever We've got 3 sleeps left so get on with it! grin grin

4everhopeful Fri 28-Jun-13 13:51:52

Big waves to Rumours & Neeko! smile You 2 lovely ladies have fantastic holidays if I don't get on to say so beforehand!

Not sure Ill have any news for you in the next couple days I'm afraid but hopefully the WWW will mean you can keep updated from afar! wink

Shroomboom Fri 28-Jun-13 15:11:54

Hello all!

4ever SO exciting re the show - I so hope things get started for you and that you don't have to go over your due date. Good luck for whenever it happens!!

Neeko Have a wonderful holiday! Please can I have some tips when you get back - we go when I'll be 15 weeks, eek!

Cloud congrats re your house move! I can imagine you must be living in boxland at the moment, but the most important thing is that the move is done, and you have all the time in the world to unpack/sort/paint. Terribly exciting though!

Moon how did your gtt go? I remember that test from ds, urgh! I agree with the other ladies, stretch marks should be worn with pride, in fact you should be proud of every way your body will be different after the pregnancy! My ribs are still higher I reckon grin and I love it because it was due to ds smile.

LBM hope things are good with you, and that you're not too busy still. I don't know how you do it with three!

AFM, I am still feeling as sick as a dog envy - that's a nauseous face btw. Looking at the screen makes it worse so can't be much longer. All fine, spent the day in hospital y'day getting checked out to see if everything's alright with the sickness and I was told that amazingly I am managing to survive perfectly well on chicken sandwiches and diluted sports drinks. I do however have a UTI so they're figuring out whether I need antiB's or not. Have never had one before so was quite surprised but they said it could be making me feel more ill. Feel so awful anyway that I can't tell whether I feel more ill or not!
Had another scan too, at 9+5 and baby was dancing about on the screen and kicking its little legs around smile Mil and FIL came in too, and were amazed!

Right must go, love to all as always and will try to be back soon xxx

moonmrs Fri 28-Jun-13 20:09:14

schroom lovely to see you checking in, such lovely news that all is well with your bean, I'm so happy for you. Hope that soon you'll start to feel a better. I think my gtt must be ok, they said if I didn't hear anything in 48 hours then everything was normal. And I do agree with you on the stretch marks, I guess I'm just a little worried about dh still fancying me afterwards blush I do have a lot and seem to get new ones every day.

Good to see you too rumours hope all is well with your dh and your boys.

Waves to 4ever neeko cloud and lbm and any lurkers.

moon. I know that some of the ladies will disagree, however post baby, DH not fancying you is a really good thing, cost that will be absolutely the last thing on your mind!!
s'boom lovely, lovely news - how you continue to feel rubbish for the next month or so . Take care of you and your dancing girl - I do think it's a pink one

Summer fete tomorrow - all systems go here as I seem to be running a huge amount of stalls as ever!

Ah, well, will be over by tomorrow night, and relax ....

moonmrs Sat 29-Jun-13 14:12:05

lbm I'm sure you're absolutely right grin I didn't mean immediately, just more long term. They make me feel really unattractive, but dh doesn't seem bothered by them at all which is good. Hope the fete goes well.

I think schroom is having a pink one too smile

Shroomboom Sat 29-Jun-13 16:20:02

I completely agree with you lbm, I wasn't interested in dh coming anywhere near me for a loooong time after ds was born grin Poor dh thought that was it for ever but says now he fancies me even more after ds. Think it's everything we girls go through to give them their precious babies that makes them realise how special we are smile

Interesting that you two both think pink for us! I did see two sets of three magpies at the beginning of this pregnancy which for the un-superstitious means girl. But, I find it difficult to believe as in my last three pregnancies I've been carrying boys (ds included). We shall see grin

Good luck at the fete lbm, hope you have a lovely day for it!

moonmrs Sat 29-Jun-13 17:06:53

schroom we saw 2 sets of 3 magpies right at the beginning too, so I can safely say that theory doesn't work wink unless the sonographer made a mistake that is which is entirely possible. I have never ever seen 4 which is supposedly for a boy I think. I think because sabs 4ever and I are having a hat trick of boys, you'll be the one to start off the hat trick of girls smile

moonmrs Sat 29-Jun-13 17:08:41

Sorry shroom I keep spelling your name with a 'c' in it, I don't know why! Must be the German I learn at school creeping in!

Shroomboom Sat 29-Jun-13 19:46:38

I feel like it's a boy, so if three is a hat trick what would four make it?!

Don't worry re the extra 'c', it's a weird name grin I was lost for inspiration as usual so it's my favourite one of ds's Skylanders! He's very cute smile

Anyone watching the Djokovic match? I feel so sorry for Chardy being slaughtered like that!

and relax. lovely summer day for the fayre -sold loads of ice cream, Pimms and cake. tiddler did a lovely crazy sand with no help from us. I have a jug of Pimms in the fridge that I just can't drink! sboom - you never know, maybe your body was holding out for a girl!! or maybe mystic lbm should stop predicting what she doesn't know and concentrate on the jug of Pimms. hope you all had some sun today and are having happy weekends

CloudOfStarlings Mon 01-Jul-13 10:09:54

Hi shroom! So good to hear all well at the scan. I reckon a pink one for you too smile how exciting you're going to Disney too in a few weeks! I'm glad you're a tennis fan too, I'm obsessed with it & have been boring everyone talking about it the last week! Can't wait to see Laura Robson playing again today, girl's doing us proud!

neeko have an AMAZING time away!

4ever yay you made it to July! smile (unless something happened last night!!) We need to start a sweepstakes for you, we never got round to it with sabs! I'll start it
5th July, 9lbs 3oz smile

sabs how are you lovely?? Hope you're being well looked after by your mum, and dd us enjoying her brother. How have you got on with breastfeeding?

moon I agree dh will def fancy you more after baby don't you worry ;) honestly my tummy hips & thighs are a mess of stretch marks & dh doesn't care at all! Hope you're feeling ok with nasty sciatica!

Oh ladies I must tell you I finished a fabulous book at the weekend, Kate Morton's latest one The Secret Keeper.. definitely recommend it if you're looking for holiday reads!
We are gradually getting there with the unpacking, sooo slooow with little ones to watch all day too though! Still many boxes around but can see it starting to take shape!

Neeko Mon 01-Jul-13 13:33:14

And we're off! grin grin

4ever I vote for the 4th cos that's my birthday . 9lbs exactly.

*schroom So so pleased all is going well with your little jumping bean. smile smile smile
Go on the dibb website. It has all you'll ever need to know about Orlando.

Cloud Another day, another box. Remember you have a lifetime to unpack wink Thanks for the book tip. I've just finished "The Help". It was great.

Moon Don't worry bout the stretch marks. It's all good smile

LBM And relax grin

Happy holidays Rumours grin
Sabs Hope the babymoon is going well

Barbie If you're lurking, I hope you're all settled in your new home.

I'll try to lurk for baby news and will be back to posting when we return.

4everhopeful Mon 01-Jul-13 15:45:27

Ah happy holidays Neeko! grin Say hi to Minnie & co from Summer please?! grin

Loving you started the sweepstake! Guarantee you'll come back to news thanks to my planned induction, if nothings happened before!

Cloud yay I made it to July! smile I'm sure ill attempt an 'I'm in labour' post, or tx at the very least! Do you fancy being my tx updater if I do? Know you're up to your ears with boxes and your boys, and wimbledon but lemme know! wink

Shroom we've just tx but another yay for another good scan & another week down! I think girl too fwiw! Still beaming for you... So deserved...

Moon wear those stretchmarks with pride! It makes you all woman & totally agree with the others, DH seeing what you go through in not just pregnancy & birth, but just in raising his son, brings out the deepest love of all & suddenly superficial things totally don't matter anymore, trust us! wink

Lbm oooh you made my mouth water at the thought of Pimms! I am looking forward to a lil drink again I must say, and pate, and cake & choc if I want it! Hmmmmm....

Big waves to all our lurkers! Blue hope you're ok stranger?

Still tapping my feet, would say I'm resting but too uncomfortable to sit still long! Consultant weds, niece visiting fri, pre birth wax sat, 6yr wedding anniversary sun, so happy to get that all done! smile

Funnily enough, my first ever pregnancy was my honeymoon baby, and AF arrived the day after our
wedding, 8th July, & as we all know, pregnancy is dated from 1st day of AF, sooo a longwinded way to say, it would be very apt if littlun arrives on the 8th, makes it full circle if you like.... smile So, Ill add my 2 penneth worth to the sweepstake and say 8th July, 8lbs 4oz! smile (had been thinking 7lbs 110z but my weights crept up a bit these last 2wks!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now