Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

MrsKate Thu 18-Apr-13 17:39:39

Just got to ward from theatre a bit groggy but not to bad smilexxx

4everhopeful Thu 18-Apr-13 17:55:34

Aw hon... bet you feel relieved its over, you'll be home getting cuddles before you know it... You've been really brave.. Big hugs, hairstrokes & chocolate for you x

Rumours Thu 18-Apr-13 20:14:00

Hugs and hair strokes for mrskate and lots of chocolate too.

neeko do you mean superremindmewhatsleepis? Im not doing anything that would make anyone exhausted right now, I'm sitting watching Big Bang and mumsnetting grin

Neeko Thu 18-Apr-13 22:26:57

Lol. That will teach me not to MN at the same time as doing something else! Sorry for stripping you of your super powers Remindme

4everhopeful Fri 19-Apr-13 16:01:44

S** crap damn.. I've got gestational diabetes sad confused

Oh bugger, 4ever - does that mean that you might get to meet DS sooner than planned?
What does it mean for you and your little man?

Neeko Fri 19-Apr-13 20:04:41

Oh no 4ever sad What happens now?

MrsKate Fri 19-Apr-13 20:30:34

Big hugs 4ever xxxxx

moonmrs Fri 19-Apr-13 20:50:12

Interested to hear what that means 4ever - I have to have that test at the end of June as apparently I am very very slightly over the threshold BMI. I had no idea what it meant though. Are there symptoms of having it?

How are you doing mrskate?

MrsKate Fri 19-Apr-13 20:51:59

In not too bad just bit tearful today and a little sore xxx

moonmrs Fri 19-Apr-13 21:05:31

Don't overdo it. Have you got some more time off work?

4everhopeful Fri 19-Apr-13 21:06:08

I've no idea right now girls... sad Only found out cos phoned to chase results & they said diabetic midwife had to inform me, but was on leave today, which i immediately knew meant i had it, and after a bit of pushing at my end got the charge midwife to call back & confirm it.. Diabetic midwife will call on monday & give me apt this wk, probably see a dietician too... No sugar - cakes/bics/choc, low gi diet & will have to test levels 4-6 times a day & keep a record & food diary i think, will be monitored & prob have to be seen every couple wks.. confused Everything I've heard/read indicates induction at 38w as well... Trying to be positive, have been looking forward to dieting after birth ready for hol, so at least i start sooner confused & if induced, then its only 10wks to go... But, of course crap the self testing, extra hospital apts, and trying not to think about the 'dangers' & 'risks'.. confused also potential l o n g induction process again with Summer to think of as well as all potential birth complications i can't allow myself to think about sad

Just crap really, thought i was on the home run now, and could put all the worst anxieties behind me..

moonmrs Fri 19-Apr-13 21:11:46

Aww 4ever try to keep focussed on the positives, I know it must be difficult, but as long your little man ends up here happy and healthy it will all be worth it in the end. Know its more anxiety and stress for you though, I understand that, but you've got this far, and the end is in sight now smile

4everhopeful Fri 19-Apr-13 21:17:13

Sorry x posts...

Hugs to mrsk x

Moon not symptoms you wouldn't also associate with pregnancy but when i read them on nhs website waiting for callback i did have them all, thirsty, tired, constantly weeing (all normal pregnancy stuff too of course) but the definer for me was recurrent thrush, suffered with it constantly... They gave me the test cos I'm 38 and Summer was a big baby.. With her pregnancy i had sugar in my urine so had to see (same) diabetic midwife & a dietician, check my levels by self testing for 2 wks, but turned out i was fine, so at least I've a basic knowledge of it all now... Just totally didn't expect it though..

4everhopeful Fri 19-Apr-13 21:26:01

X post again! Thanks honey.. Tbh, I'm more frustrated at being in limbo over the weekend, I just wanna get my apt, know what's what & start doing whatever i need to do... Have 28w midwife apt on weds, but was told diabetic midwifes clinic only tues & thurs so that means hospital 2 days in a row, childcare to arrange, and we go away on friday... grrr..

Obviously main focus is exactly what you said, a healthy delivery of my little man here safe and sound, but now that potentially involves new risk factors I'm back to head in sand and dealing with 1wk at a time... great hmm

4ever how frustrating but at least you can get this sorted before you go off on your holiday on Friday. Yes it's more stress but if anyone can handle it you can. you've got a great set of clinicians to look after you both, it's been picked up and with a bit more focus on you ( no bad thing), it will all be OK.

There's nothing you can do this weekend, so relaxm enjoy Summer and te next week will bring what it will bringxx

moon loving hearing the calm happy you, reassuring your pregnancy buddy

mrskate good to hear that you are not suffering too much physically

CurlyLikesShortShorts Fri 19-Apr-13 22:26:06

Hello lovelies. Just back from my hols and wish i'd managed to get on MN seeing what poor mrskate is going through sad I hope that things start to get easier hon. It must be so hard to be on here sometimes but I hope that it helps too. How is your sweet ds?

Big waves to everyone and lovely moon. I smile every time I think of you being upduffed. Sorry you have probably already said in the posts I haven't yet read but did u get ur results?

Big hugs 4ever. Try to be positive. This is something that you can control and like the wonderful mum that you are, you will xxx

moonmrs Sat 20-Apr-13 17:47:10

Welcome back curly smile did you go somewhere nice I cant remember hmm

I also cant remember which results they were - downs syndrome? If so, everything was ok there, low risk but the actual figures escape me right now....

lbm this is how I normally am, so laid back im almost laying down lol, as opposed to the stressed out and anxious old me til this little one came along.

Although I am a bit annoyed today, went out to try and buy some maternity trousers for work and some jeans, but I'm buggered if I can find any. Nearly every shop we went in had the most miniscule maternity section, with about 5 items to choose from and all for skinny mummies. So came home and had half a pack of chocolate biscuits to make my bump even bigger! We walked past a curtain shop and hubby said I should wear those hmm

Hugs for mrskate and 4ever and happy weekend waves to all

MrsKate Sat 20-Apr-13 18:19:56

Hi girls

Moon h+m have a great range I thought, I am size 16 ish and thought they were nice, asda too smile

Bleeding stopped gringringrin
Woke up today and put make up on a thought new day new start gringringringrin

moonmrs Sat 20-Apr-13 18:27:10

hi mrskate I did try Asda but they had barely anything there, a couple of tents and some spotty jeans hmm missed h&m though so will try there. Also forgot to say I have long legs which makes things more difficult. Not too bothered about tops as I can just buy a bigger size, but would be nice to have some jeans and trousers that actually fit. Lovely to see you smiling, glad the bleeding has stopped, and make up always helps you to feel more like you.

MrsKate Tue 23-Apr-13 09:04:23

Hope everyone is ok it's been a bit quite xxx

4everhopeful Tue 23-Apr-13 11:08:36

Hi Mrskate Im here! Glad to hear you are feeling better, I always found it was such a relief when the physical side was over with...

Moon check out the online stuff for much more variety on maternity wear, instore generally always have a small section.. Try mamas and papas, Next, New Look and Debenhams for a start.. wink

Curly welcome back! Did you go anywhere nice? Thanks for being a sweetie as always!

Blue you've been very quiet? Are you lurking?

Cupcake hows DS2? At least they've got it out the way for their birthdays!

Lbm yes indeed, looking forward to our hols on fri very much after the week we've had!

Hope all the lurkers and everyone is doing ok?! <<waves>> smile

I've adjusted to the diabetes news, after much googling, stumbling across a fab thread on here, (good old MN) and the diabetes midwife being really lovely on the phone and arranging to see me alongside my 28w ante natal apt tomorrow to save an extra trip to the hospital.. smile Will hopefully make things a bit clearer after tomorrows apt, but bit daunting to be starting the whole daily testing thing, though part of me just wants to get the ball rolling and start dealing with it.. hmm

Been distracted too as poor Summer had the most horrific constipation (tmi!) but was in agony trying to poo all friday, and again sunday, which meant we had to postpone our 4D scan til monday, but now she has a laxative medicine, and despite now also coming down with a stinker of a cold, is hopefully on the road to recovery, just heartwrenching seeing her in so much pain and being helpless though.. sad

But, on a brighter note, we had our amazing 4D scan yesterday, and was incredible how like Summers 4D he is, they are very similar looking! He misbehaved a bit and kept hiding his face, so not the greatest quality or amount, but still breathtaking and wonderful.. smile

Now gearing up for weekend away, and despite crap weather forecast, soooooo looking forward to it! smile

4everhopeful Tue 23-Apr-13 11:16:30

Have just uploaded a couple of the 4D pics on my profile if anyone wants to sneak a peek! smile

moonmrs Tue 23-Apr-13 20:25:46

I'm here too! I thought I'd been a thread killer over the weekend!

Aww 4ever those pics are amazing aren't they, it's so wonderful that they can get these photos whilst your little man is still inside, I bet you're so excited now. Thanks for the clothes suggestions, my other problem is that I have very little money, dh still isn't working so things are a bit tight - in more ways than one! Have no idea how we're ever gonna afford to buy all the baby stuff....

<waves> to mrskate hope you're feeling a little more yourself, are you still off work?

moon You really don't need much for your baby or lots of maternity clothes either.

For the baby, you have two choices - if you only want new stuff ( and there are lots that do, especially with their pfb) then start checking the equipment threads on here as they will say what are the real essentials or start your own thread. If you are ok with second hand, then join freecycle and find out when your next NCT sale is. I bought nothing new for BB, it was all from the NCT, charity shops and ebay and netmums local. I've given away a lot of baby stuff on freecycle. Saved a fortune and still had some lovely kit. you can also get maternity clothes from those too if you are lucky

4ever sounds good - will now go and look at those pictures

mrskate good to hear you are feeling a bit better

Hello to everyone else - one day my life will slow down...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now