Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

Neeko Tue 09-Apr-13 20:52:28

Cupcake sad to the pox. It's a horrid disease. Hope DS isn't too poorly and DS2 gets it mildly. At least then it will be over.

Hope you're on the mend today 4ever

moonmrs Tue 09-Apr-13 21:25:14

Aww cupcake your poor babies, hope they will get over it quickly. I suppose at least its out of the way then, although that's no help to you.

How are you doing 4ever?

<waves> to neeko and rumours

mrskate hope you're still weebling with us, thinking of you lots.

MrsKate Tue 09-Apr-13 21:41:06

Hi girls

I've had a absolutely horrible daysad. I went to my friends this morning and had a bit of cramping when woke up.I went to the loo within about 5 mins of being at her house and started severely bleeding to the point I soaked her floor ,my clothes it looked like a murder scene I was so embarrassed this went on for 2 hours I virtually stayed in her bathroom for all that time . Ds was left to fend for himself with my friends twins I ended up leaving him there and driving back home confused to get changed and sort my self out. I phone the gau dept who said this was normal angry I've been bleeding a month now !!!!!!! Not sure if to phone dr in morning I feel really unwell

Oh and to top it all off ds decided to poo himself at my friends confused

Neeko Tue 09-Apr-13 21:48:40

Oh Mrskate That's awful. sorry that this has been so physically hard for you. I'd definitely see the doctor tomorrow. tomorrow. Are you taking iron? Spatone or Floradix can really help.

Hi Moon. How's your headache? Any flutters yet? I lay on my tummy to feel the first ones with DD1.

MrsKate Tue 09-Apr-13 21:59:23

No not on any medication yet neeko I'm just so tired feel unwell at mo

moonmrs Tue 09-Apr-13 22:09:43

Oh mrskate sad that sounds horrible, but agree with neeko and definitely get to the doctors, especially if you're feeling unwell too, better to get checked out to be on the safe side. Big hugs to you, it wont always be this hard.

neeko the headache has almost gone now, you know when you get a kind of hangover headache after a migraine? Its kind of like that now but much more manageable. Have been using that 4head stuff, its probably psychological but it seems to help, and I like the tingly feeling of it! Don't think I've felt any movements yet, but then I have felt some like gassy type feelings which people say might be it.... I'm just getting a bit impatient now!

4everhopeful Wed 10-Apr-13 11:19:38

Mrskate That just sounds so horrendous and awful and I'm angry on your behalf you've had to go through this, your EPU/gynae sound bloody terrible, first making you wait all that time for a scan, then not rescanning you after 'medical management' to see if your retained products had definitely gone, you should of been offered an ERPC plain and simple immediately, and then would not have had to endure this horrendous physical and emotional ordeal. You need to go straight back, demand a scan that everything is now gone, if not, and ERPC under ultrasound guidance to confirm they definitley get it all, and I sincerely hope you've been given antibiotics as soon as they gave you that medical management, which should be par for the course with retained product? Last thing you need on top of everything is an infection.. Just beggars belief.. I've been there hon, my 3rd loss at 13 weeks, needed 2 ERPCs due to retained product and 6 weeks of bleeding, sadly I know what should be done as standard, and the way you've been treated is just not right... I hope you're there now.. Good luck, and hugs hon
xx

Had to post to poor Mrsk - be back for personals later, thanks for well wishes, am recovering slowly but still feeling knocked for six by it all... confused

Cupcake hugs to your poorly DS - poor sausage, chicken pox is horrid..

moonmrs Wed 10-Apr-13 19:33:29

I think I can feel the baby moving grin when I went to bed last night I couldn't sleep, so was laying there for a while and I definitely felt movement. Then today at work I was sat working quietly and I felt it again, then tonight since I've been home. But always towards the left hand side hmm

cupcakefairy Wed 10-Apr-13 20:02:28

Ooooh moon that's so exciting! Maybe the placenta is at the front on the right side..that would also explain not feeling movements earlier. But YAY! I keep randomly getting excited for you when I think about it, I just knew this day would come when it's really finally happening for you and I'm SO happy it is smilesmilesmile (Not half as happy as you I'm sure!!)

Oh Mrskate what a horrible day you had yesterday but yes, I agree with 4ever and feel angry for you! Absolutely horrible what you've been through. I agree you should be asking for a scan to confirm either way whether there is retained product, I'm sure a sudden new surge of bleeding is NOT normal after this long.

Neeko how was dh's long weekend? Sounded fab what you had planned!

Thanks for all lovely well-wishes re the pox. Thankfully ds isn't infected, just had some really nasty looking spots. He's all crusted over now though so I think we're safe to venture out again, until ds2 potentially gets it too though! Yeah I am glad to get it over with now and thankfully he hasn't been ill with it at all but I really didn't expect it to be THIS horrible to see my baby covered in nasty big spots - his lovely soft skin! It's awful. Special thanks to MLS for the text tips. Dh thought I was mad putting porridge oats in the foot of old tights but it definitely seemed to help! grin

Neeko Wed 10-Apr-13 21:11:18

Yay to the lovely Moonwhoisfeelingmovements! That is so exciting. In a few weeks they will be big fat thumps.

4ever Are you on the mend?

Mrskate Been thinking of you today. Hope you are all right.

Cupcake Glad the spots aren't infected and he's on the mend. DD1's spots took ages to go away but they do eventually and he'll have that lovely skin back. Part of me would like DD2 to get it to get it over with though I'd never deliberately expose her to it. It is doing the rounds up here though.
The weekend was excellent. Justin and friends was really good - much better than we expected. The merchandise was ridiculously overpriced though- £8 for a light up spinny thing and £5 for a small helium balloon. Poor DDS had to "make-do" with sharing a program lol. I hate the way these already-expensive events try to cash in. [grr]

We've had a wonderful school holiday overall. Lots of meeting up with friends, both mine and the girls. I'm a bit worried that I seem to have my summer holiday head on. confused Who knows how I'll gear up to teach again next week. I usually do some work over the holidays, especially in the evenings, but after being so ill at Christmas I was determined to chill out and I'm managing well grin It'll probably end in tears!

Neeko Thu 11-Apr-13 19:01:38

Did I kill the thread? grin

MrsKate Thu 11-Apr-13 19:06:40

Hi girls

I'm a bit better today bleeding has eased a little got dr appointment on Monday so I see the same gp .

Moon great about feeling moonbean xxxxx

Hi neeko xxx

moonmrs Thu 11-Apr-13 20:49:24

Nah neeko we like to gossip away, so no chance wink I am just in bed far earlier than normal these days, and I lurk on my phone at work sometimes but often don't get the time to. Glad to hear you've had a good holiday, I think I should have been a teacher just for the holidays, although I know its hard work.

mrskate thankfully if the bleedings eased off this might be the end of it now, but look after yourself and make sure you keep that doctors appointment to be on the safe side.

cupcake aww you did make me smile with your reaction to babymoon moving about! I randomly think Yay! too, and then tears fill my eyes, because I still can't quite believe its happening, I never thought I would sat here talking about baby movements, isn't it funny how life works out. I am so happy I can't even begin to tell you how much, and I have changed back into that version of me that I liked that I thought was lost forever.

4ever hope you are getting better every day and you're getting lots of reassuring kicks from the little man.

cupcakefairy Thu 11-Apr-13 21:40:17

Aaaww moon I'm so so glad you feel like your old self again smile that's so amazing <wipes away tear>
I misread mrskate's comment as moonbeaM so I think that should be baby's new name grin

neeko so glad you've been enjoying some time off, good on you for chilling out & not working too hard!
Re Justin though, I just cannot see him in the same light ever since I read the thread on here with MNers who were turned on by him & talked about jumping Lord Tumble grinshock

rumours you ok lady?

4ever is poo watch over?? grin

mrsk glad you're feeling a bit better.

I'm going MAD with cabin fever, I was majorly shouty mummy today sad but thank GOD ds is back to playschool tomorrow & quarantine is over! (until ds2 gets it!)

4everhopeful Fri 12-Apr-13 11:56:47

Ahhh moon its sooooo lovely to read your posts! smile Like cupcake I just feel so emotional and happy for you getting your dream finally! I knew it just had to happen, Goes to show to remain foreverhopeful! wink Lovely hearing you feel like the old happy you again (except even happier!) Know exactly what you mean, Id spent 2yrs with a fake smile avoiding eye contact before we finally had Summers succesful pregnancy! How fantastic for you to feel movements! Its just so reassuring, little moonbeam will soon have a little routine that you recognise! My little man comes into his own when i lay on the sofa in the evening with some choc! grin

Cupcake glad to hear DS1 is on the mend bless him... Must be horrible seeing their beautiful skin all sore looking, I'm dreading the inevitability of Summers turn! Glad you're no longer on quarantine though, hopefully this eternal winter is finally ending and we're finally in for some decent weather! I'm desperate to feel some sun on my skin! Oh and been on poo watch, but despite the offending playdoh being bright pink smile the docs did say stomach acid would probably break it up!

Neeko Summer and I are so envy of you seeing Justin! smile (Though not in that way that cupcake mentioned! shock Bleugh!) He is brilliant though, Summer adores him! Sounds like you had a fun holidays, glad to hear it, you work hard, you deserve a complete break!

Mrsk do think you should get back to the hospital for a scan asap ideally..

Rumours you're still very quiet mrs... Do miss ya... check in and let us know you're ok?

How's our other lurkers? Big waves to blue, curly, lbm, mls, remindme... monkey, buddha you still out there? Inevitably I've missed someone with my pregnant brain! blush

Sabs how you doing? Its gonna fly by now eh hon? smile

I'm finally feeling human again after the sickness bug from hell, took til yesterday to really get my appetite back and not feel completely wiped out and floored, oh and the awful muscle strain from all the reaching! Every part of me ached... Obviously made me very weebly about the little fella too, but he's still moving about ok thankfully... Have glucose tolerance test on tuesday so at least will get a little midwife check/chat for reassurance while I'm there...! Summer has been such a sweetheart, she keeps getting a thermometer and sticking it in my mouth! The drs bag and nurses outfit we've got her for her birthday are gonna go down a treat! smile

moon your posts are just so lovely they make me smile everytime, it is just so lovely to see dreams coming true.. I love the comment about you coming back to being you again as that is very much how I feel about BB - for me, all the pain goes away as I have her and I can "forget" her sibling who was never to be as I do feel that all their nicest parts are coming out in her. Dh was home alone with her last weekend and they had such a lovely time - she is shuch a Daddys girl and he is besoted - as I'm sure your DH will be too

4ever we need to try and meet before ds appears - are you mobile currently or hibernating?!

neeko lovely to hear you had such a good holiday - I too am trying not to be at work when I'm at home and vice versa - am trying to trunb my data feeds off on the phone which is very liberating!

Just had the most lovely evening doing the photobook for 2009. Now, that is when I lost my LO and met you ladies. However, you would never guess it was the sadest year of my life from the photos - we had the most amazing time, had lots of fun and my face seems remarkably pain free. Tis amazing how well the camera can lie - however I am really happy about it. The older DC's seem to have a great year and this is how I would want it to be.

Have a lovely weekend all - am planning a family day tomorrow followed by rugby tournament on Sunday - praying for no rain!

moonmrs Sun 14-Apr-13 17:39:56

lbm that's interesting what you say - I seem to have a lot of photos from 2009 which is the year we lost both our lo's, yet I do appear very happy in all the photos, only we know how we felt inside. I know I put on a front on many occasions for weddings/birthdays because I had to put aside what I felt, and although I was genuinely happy for the other people, I always felt like I was dying inside. Its funny how, when your dream is starting to come true, all the things that got you down before just don't matter anymore - like my job that I was prepared to leave, I don't care anymore cuz I am just going with the flow in order to get my maternity leave, and I know that when I go back, I will have other priorities.

cupcake moonbeam already seems to have a routine, it revolves around food! Whenever I've eaten, he/she seems to wake up and dance about!

Hope you've all had a good weekend smile

moonmrs Sun 14-Apr-13 17:41:11

sorry it was 4ever who said about moonbeams routine blush

MrsKate Sun 14-Apr-13 19:48:14

Sorry to talk about me again just done a preg test as gau requested ready for gp tomorrow it's still positive confused surely it should be negative 5 weeks bleeding and 2 weeks since medical management Arragghh any advice sadsadsad

moonmrs Sun 14-Apr-13 19:51:36

I think it can take a while before all the hormones are out of your system? That's probably why they asked you take a hpt so they can see 'where you're at' for want of a better phrase. I'm sure someone else will be along who knows more than I do. So sorry, it's the headf*ck you can do without isn't it. Big hug.

Neeko Sun 14-Apr-13 21:58:39

Mrskate Moon is right. It can take a long time for the hormones to leave your system. I think you should try to insist on a further scan to see where you are at after all the bleeding last week. So sorry you are suffering so much.

Hi to everyone else.

4everhopeful Sun 14-Apr-13 22:36:58

mrsk sorry to say it again, but I've had too much experience sadly and, i absolutely think you should of gone straight back to the hospital last week, and had a scan, and i really reckon you will need an erpc, and that you might have an infection... You really should of been given antibiotics & you haven't mentioned if you were?

Rumours Mon 15-Apr-13 08:24:33

Oh mrskate here's a huge hug lovely. I hope you get a scan to check everything.

Waves to everyone. Hols have been great in one way, lots of family visiting, but hard in another in that ds2 is very hard work. I normally love our lazy holidays but his rigid ness and love of routine is really showing, bless him. It's the first time that I'm glad they're back to a routine of school and nursery which I feel a bit sad about. I am looking forward to a day of peace, I'm off to do the food shop smile, such fun!

MrsKate Mon 15-Apr-13 12:00:12

Hi girls
Got scan for Wednesday at half 9 and dr checked no infection thank god smile started on iron tablets as well dr says I look unwell hmm

moonmrs Mon 15-Apr-13 19:21:39

mrskate glad to hear that you don't have an infection and you've got a scan booked, hopefully this is an end to it all for you.

rumours pleased that you've enjoyed your holidays with the boys, don't feel bad about sending them back to school/nursery, it means you appreciate the holidays and weekends with them even more, everyone needs a break. Am I weird cuz I don't mind food shopping, well, til the grannies get in the way that is....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now