Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

It is a fact universally acknowledged that a woman in her thirties in possession of a ticking biological clock MUST be in want of a baybee.

(1000 Posts)
ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 04-Mar-13 19:52:16

The former thread proved full of sadness and most vexatious disappointments, wherefore we know not sad. Therefore the BESH will be donning their empire dresses and enlisting the assistance of Captain Wentworth and his admirable breeches and Mr Darcy smouldering damply in his transparent white shirt both of whom with their pleasing countenances and sound judgements and enormous fortunes, in short both of whom are everything a young man ought to be in the expectation that happier times may be ahead for the BESH.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 17-Mar-13 20:51:26

I second rasp. Hangover day after disasterous evening is not the time and place to make decisions. However, the boyfriend does not sound like a good match and perhaps some demon-clearing needs to be done. But today heal yourself, tomorrow get yourself checked out. And before it's summer decide whether this is the right man for the baybee winning project...

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 17-Mar-13 22:24:13

Urghhhh, it's just hit me that I've eaten waaaaay to much this weekend. I'm knackered from shopping and just about to polish off a glass of red then bed and MATV wants to watch apocolypta or whatever it is. Running theme - couples inability to produce child. Fuck off.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 17-Mar-13 22:26:39

Oh dear sad

Sounds to me what you know already - that you need to sort your head out before thinking of having a baby.

All the best.

plinkyplonks Mon 18-Mar-13 03:35:31

Everyone has off days smile Watched the F1 - really ruined my sleep pattern but hey ho. I thought Lewis did rather well! Surprised at the anti Lewis comments here. I've met him a few times and he's always been nice and willing to chat to his fans sad I've met Mika, Nico Rosberg, Lewis.. Lewis by far the friendliest out of that bunch. Most other fans report back with the same comments :/ Maybe you caught him on a bad day sad

A big opps to Dot about Lewis's mum!! haha!

Looking forward to the next grand prix.. only a few days to go!! Hope you've all had a good weekend!

Northey Mon 18-Mar-13 06:48:04

I have just weighed myself for the first time since beginning ivf. I have gone from the very bottom of the overweight bmi band to the very top. Over a stone has gone on. And I was half a stone heavier than i should have been in the first place. Buggeration (in the words of our own dear Jane).

plink, are you new?

bowo, lots of wise words already here, so not much to add from me, except sympathy for the crapness of it all.

evilgiraffe Mon 18-Mar-13 08:08:11

Indeed, plink, he did so much better than I expected - and I laughed and laughed at how much better he did than the McLarens... I've never met him, but I have got a photo of me with his waxwork at Madame Tussauds - does that count...? grin

Also, if you wish to be a BESH, go ye forth and seek out the BESHtionnaire, and present it for judgement. Basic entry requirements: >29 years, barren, TTC, and cynical/bitter.

evilgiraffe Mon 18-Mar-13 08:12:10

Wow, norf, I didn't realise IVF made that much of an impact on weight. I am already at the top of the overweight BMI band (it's still an improvement on the recent past), so sad at the thought of adding another stone. I suppose it's more incentive to get on the bike and get training fort my big ride...

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 18-Mar-13 09:23:59

ESH diet fred??

I cannot put in words how much I hate my job sad

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 18-Mar-13 09:32:39

Winks sad. What is it you do again? Can you look around for summat else? Times are so hard, I know.

I'm going to shout now, so cover your ears: CAN I JUST REMIND ANYONE HAPPENING UPON THIS THREAD THAT IT IS A THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH SPECIFIC ISSUES AND THEREFORE IS NOT ONE TO JUST DIP IN AND OUT OF AND CHAT ABOUT MR DARCY OR MR HAMILTON AS YOU SEE FIT. IF YOU WANT TO CHAT ABOUT RANDOMNESS JOIN A THREAD ELSEWHERE, BUT ONE IN CHAT (AIBU IF YOU FANCY A SCRAP DEBATE) AND NOT CONCEPTION. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

i'm a bit freaked out by it if I'm honest. We've had too many people just looking in lately. I know it's an open forum and stuff, but....well....you understand, don't you BESH?

JethroTull Mon 18-Mar-13 09:40:56

The IVF didn't have any affect on my weight. Probably because of my complete lack of hormones.

Rie I agree it is a bit weird knowing other people read our ramblings. I think I forget sometimes that it's the actual Internet. I like to think of The Palais as a club. Saying that though I lurked for about 6 months before I plucked up courrage to post.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 18-Mar-13 09:47:55

Yes but you were clearly One of Us and didn't just crash in to say something like "you laydeez make me larf so much mr darcy is well hot phwaorgh lol" or talk about the merits of a certain F1 driver and then fuck off again.

evilgiraffe Mon 18-Mar-13 09:52:01

In my head, this is Twinks. I have no idea how accurate that is. <shrug>

It is a bit weird having visitors. I'm generally confused by people dropping in and then saying "oh I'm not TTC" - well why the hell are you posting in Conception, then? The clue is in the name, surely?

JethroTull Mon 18-Mar-13 09:54:21

No I didn't. I was too in awe of the wit of the BESH. I still feel like this is 'home' on MN for me. Doesn't feel right posting elsewhere.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 18-Mar-13 10:00:11

I have hardly posted elsewhere since "BESHite-gate" the other day. I have been laughed at by MN royalty and referred to in posts as a "po". OK they didn't name me, but it was obvious. They can fuck off. It's like school around here sometimes - the in-girls' gang chumming up together.

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 18-Mar-13 10:15:18
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 18-Mar-13 10:21:33

Chat has been very weird lately. I haven't been posting that much. I find it odd with people dipping in here too. I'm quite protective of the BESH and all she stands for! Especially strange when people talk to us like they know us....but fail to introduce themselves!

Ah that explains the crazy hours Twink. And why it may be difficult to find another job.

Just watching Homes under the hammer with a fire damaged house. This time last year that was us. Oh and I was in hospital confused What a difference a year makes..

evilgiraffe Mon 18-Mar-13 10:36:44

I barely post anywhere else on MN. The TSA is my first home, the BESH is my grand country mansion. I read other threads, but it's way too much effort to post - it's just too wearing to engage with shouty people.

Paperwork sucks balls, Twinks. Maybe you should go on a rampage and burn it all?

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 18-Mar-13 10:37:59

Chat has been weird. And rather dull.

I think a lot of visitors see us in Active and just read the last post or something idiots I find it easier to remember this is public cos my sister is a MNer, so I know someone I know might read what I write.

plinkyplonks Mon 18-Mar-13 10:39:34

Might fail on some of those requirements evilgiraffe smile Lurk on quite a few threads as will be TTC in July. I am 29, I have had a prior miscarriage (previous relationship) and DH's fertility test results weren't encouraging, so I'm not expecting a smooth ride. I was in a difficult prior relationship when I was younger, bullied into an abortion I never wanted. Every child is unique, so I know TTC won't change what happened. But I've been waiting all my life to be in a relationship with a real man who really wanted to start a family with me. It may seem odd to you that someone who is currently not TTC reads these threads. But I'm counting down the days till all this journey begins, and reading these threads gives me hope but also makes me better prepared for the road ahead. I don't post that much on mn, but hope to be able to contribute some more in July. By which time, I hope you will all be getting bfp's and I'll be sitting here wondering where you've all gone :P

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 18-Mar-13 10:46:16

draf I would need to crash the servers to get rid of the electronic files too. And those of an external agency. Hmmm...

rie there will be other jobs with my employer. I just need to grit my teeth and do enough to get signed off in what I'm doing now. It just sucks for now.

evilgiraffe Mon 18-Mar-13 10:57:58

BFP by July? <hollow laugh> It's been three and a quarter years so far, it's not going to happen in the next four months.

I've just found someone I know in RL on MN. It's really weird. I wonder how many people have found me.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 18-Mar-13 11:14:47

Wotcha chaps, sorry for the radio silence.

Sorry for all the crap that seem to be dumping more than its fair share on the BESH sad

BoWo I'm sorry you are in this situation, but don't be too hard on yourself. We've all done things we regret. However you really must have a conversation with your boyfriend, it's not fair to either of you to continue as you are if one, or both, of you is miserable.

Quick reminder to all newbies - the BESHtionnaire is compulsory, not optional!

Northey Mon 18-Mar-13 11:36:19

Maybe we should have put BESH in the title, so random clickers would realise it was a group thing, not just a general chat about Mr Darcy.

plinkyplonks Mon 18-Mar-13 12:13:50

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn - opps! Thanks for the heads up smile

Here it goes!

1) Do you like gin? (This is compulsory, you must say 'Yes')

Yes! Can have that bottle of Bailey’s too…?

2) Men - are you a gold digger or a cradle snatching cougar?

Another failed gold digger, he’s older than me but I keep him!

3) Baybee-making - to put a baybee in your tumtum, which hole do you use:
a) weewee
b) poopoo
c) foofoo
d) none, you just pray to the baby Jebus.

B sounds painful!! Think I’ll stick with d :P

4) Testing - when someone wonders if they should test for updiff (pg), do you:
a) bellow 'POAS!' at them non-stop and punch them repeatedly in the kidneys till they wet themselves anyway.
b) Sprinkle them with babydust and send them hugs and kisses on lickle baby angel wings.

A – I’ll be will be waiting with MIL’s favourite china to collect a sample &#9786;

5) Is R2D2:
a) an adorable robot from Star Wars.
b) the source of all evil.

B – blasting it with fire is the only way

6) what colour are your walls?

A delightful shade of bobbly beige

7) Number of pets?

One beautiful but stinky dog

8) Inappropriate (read: weird) crush of shame?

Stephen Colbert – far too old, but still awesome

9) Lesbian crush?

I wish I could be Tina Fey

10) What are your views on camping?

All’s well and good until a load of German ravers turn up next to your tent, with a Ford transit, giant speakers and blare out Avicii until 3am

11) How much money have you spent on sticks you then urinate on?

i) Oh nothing, I'll probably catch first time and then get the doctor to confirm it.
ii) Over 100 quid
iii) I opened an account on Ebay solely for the purpose of purchasing sticks

iii – It’s bad enough when I’m not trying to conceive… it’s like my body wants me to waste all my very limited money before mocking with my AF. Thanks for that!

I work in an alpha male dominated department; I have no one else to talk about these pansy womanly hormones and baby making ‘stuff’. Save me!

Northey Mon 18-Mar-13 14:50:04

Sounds ok so far, plink. Tell us about yourself.

This thread is not accepting new messages.