Any newly weds trying for baby #1?

(74 Posts)
MrsBigBadBeck Mon 04-Mar-13 16:29:06

Hi ladies!

Just curious to see how old mothers to be are for their first baby.

I'm just 23, hubby and I got married just a month ago but been together just over a couple of years. He is desperate for kids, and the more I think about it the more I really want something of ours togethersmile hubby has a 6 year old from a previous relationship who doesn't live with us but me and my new step son are building up a brilliant bondsmile

Would be interesting to see all the different relationship situationssmile

Look forward to reading repliessmile

MrsBigBadBeck Mon 11-Mar-13 22:30:11

Yeah AF has come with a vengeance today! Me and DH have been trying to DTD but not really feeling like I need to be intruded. Got enough going on down there as it is! Well fingers crossed you won't have to wait too much longer!

Haha, typical male! I must admit DH looks at me weird sometimes when I talk like that. Maybe they don't get it! We've said due to work reasons if I'm not pg by June we'll wait until next year. We're self employed and work seasonally so really don't need to be dropping a baby right in the middle of a school holiday!

jazzcat28 Mon 11-Mar-13 19:34:07

MrsBigBadBeck sounds like you and I are in the same boat except you've had AF arrive earlier than me. DH and I are not shagging at all until AF has arrived, as I am determined to have a bleed before getting pg! Not sure how long we'll last though wink

Am also starting to wonder about upcoming social events in anticipation of the fact I'll actually get pg soon. We've been invited to a wedding end of Aug and I said to DH "oh well if I'm with child then I can drive so you can drink". He raised an eyebrow as if to say don't go counting your chickens whilst thinking I'm some sort of wierdo

MrsBigBadBeck Sun 10-Mar-13 23:10:26

Well I stopped taking Cerazette on 2nd march this was my first pill free day. AF arrived Friday but VERY light at the moment. Must just be a withdrawal bleed. Me and hubby are looking at DTD as much as poss though.

Loads of my friends are pregnant too or have just had babies. Not trying to let it get me down but it just makes me want one so bad.

Fingers crossed we'll be there soon ladies! An with you on the Facebook statuses. V depressing

SizzleSazz Sun 10-Mar-13 20:13:57

Not ttc, but i took cerazette for 10years. Came off and period arrived bang on time then and next two months, pregnant the third. DD2 conceived after 3 months too.

If you search on here re cerazette there seem to be quite a few people who get pg first month of trying

Good luck smile

SarahMargaret Sun 10-Mar-13 20:08:50

Ladies I hope it is soon. This 2ww is killing me already and I only ov'd on Thurs acc to opk. Dtd Fri and Sat so might have been a bit on the late side.... really broody today. All the Facebook Mothers Day photos/statuss are making me sad xxx

jazzcat28 Sun 10-Mar-13 18:11:00

smile thanks for all the reassuring comments. I am a planner/organiser at work and it's driving me insane that this is one of the few things in life I can't plan myself!

I have lots of friends with toddlers which don't bother me at all, it's the friends with bumps and birth announcements that get me down.

Oh well, might as well have a cheeky glass of wine with my roast this evening then wink

gilly86 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:54:39

Everyone around me seems to be pregnant as well! Or just had a baby!

Don't worry ladies.. That will be us soon!

cookielove Sun 10-Mar-13 15:53:36

Jazzcat - i know how you feel about people being pregnant about you, i know 7 people who are pregnant shock

My very close work colleague is about to have her baby, and my other very close work colleague who got married 2 weeks after me is about 16 weeks pregnant. I just keep telling myself that my time will come to smile and try and not think about it. Of course i am very happy for everyone who it expecting.

My Dh was away last week for 5 days, and is back now all be it a bit ill hmm but my period has vacated and we are dtd every other day grin lucky man!!

gilly86 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:46:49

Hi jazzcat! The last pill I took was on 21at December. Had the normal withdrawal bleed on 25th December til 29th December and then had my first true period on 25th jan.
Next one came on 23rd feb til 27th feb.

So pretty much back to normal give or take a day or so!

I was on yasmin for 10 years.

Everyone's different though! Xx

Blondie276 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:29:35

Jazzcat- know how you feel ! Patience is the root of all evil!
I stopped pill at end of jan, had my withdrawal bleed as usual and then first real period came after 27 days so was very lucky that came back almost like clockwork so dont lose hope!
On first cycle of actually ttc at the mo so don't know how long second cycle will be but fingers crossed!
I had a lot of wired stomach cramps in first month coming off pill and at one point had to go to dr but turns out was just my body ' starting to work again' post pill so fingers
Crossed for you!

jazzcat28 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:18:04

Hi again, am very envy at all those who are already shagging in earnest! Stopped my pill on 1st March and still waiting for first AF to arrive. I'm hoping it turns up some time this month as the waiting to start TTC is killing me. I think one of my friends is a few weeks pg too, which just makes me even more keen to start!

For those of you who stopped taking the pill before TTC, how many weeks did you wait for your first period?

Blondie276 Sun 10-Mar-13 13:33:36

We had on cd 5,6,7,10,11,13,14 and 15 Although think I'm due to O today or tmrw. Myself and OH both work shift work hense me going to be waking him up so hopefully it will be about the right time!
Interesting about OPK- I'll carry on doing by symptoms for while and see how I get on as I haven't checked BBT either.
Not sure how other people are feeling but I constantly need to keep reminding myself to stop thinking about it all the time and what will be will be but is sooooo much easier said than done!
Nice to have some support though as no one knows we are ttc - nice to hear others are in the same boat

gilly86 Sun 10-Mar-13 13:23:15

I've only my been using OPKs this month.. Not getting very far with them although, like I said, I think today it finally showed a positive... The line is a lot darker than its been any other day!
All my calculations and apps tell me today/tomorrow are my most fertile days anyway and I noticed a huge dip in bbt yesterday which some people get before ov.

I dunno.. I'm in 2 minds about OPKs still. Will see what this afternoon/evenings result is when I do one again and also tomorrow. See if it gets darker or whatever...

We are just trying to dtd as much as poss to be honest!

So far this cycle we have dtd cd8, cd9, cd13, cd14 and cd15.

Cd16 is today and hoping to dtd tonight!

I think after today we will dtd every other day if we are up for it! Haha

Blondie276 Sun 10-Mar-13 13:14:48

Good luck hilly! Fingers crossed for you!
Ewcm has arrived today ( no idea how long for) so will be waking my OH up when I get innfrom work for dtd! Feeling somewhat hopeful so hoping the timing will be right!
What do people make of OPKs? I've just been going on body symptoms but wondered whAt peoples thoughts were?
I'm still learning why my body's doing but hoping I'm on the right track!

gilly86 Sun 10-Mar-13 11:48:02

I take it all back... Maybe..!

CD16 today.. Just did an OPK and its positive... i think!!!

Got the last few days worth of sticks and its definitely darker anyway and I would say pretty much as dark as the control line.

Going to do one later today and definitely dtd tonight lol!

gilly86 Sun 10-Mar-13 09:20:21

Same... The OPKs don't give me much of a clue as to what's going on but I'm charting my bbt and get more results/answers from that to be honest!
Just dtd as much as poss like u wink

MrsBigBadBeck Sun 10-Mar-13 07:01:17

Yeah that's what I have told myselfsmile

Sorry to hear about your bodies news! I'm trying to kind of not take much notice of what's going on with mine and just DTD as and when we can (as much as possible obviously!)

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:06:14

Sorry to hear that mrsBBB!
But see it as the beginning of a new cycle... Start a fresh and try try again!! wink

MrsBigBadBeck Sat 09-Mar-13 20:00:35

Well AF made an appearance today which I'm kind of glad about but no baby for me!

Hopefully my cycle will start getting normal soonsmile

gilly86 Sat 09-Mar-13 19:39:21

Whhhhhhhy am I not getting a positive OPK <bangs head on wall>

Today is CD15.. Thought the big O would be tomorrow... Monday latest.

Saw a BIG dip in bbt today so half thinking all my calculations are correct and half just totally confused as I'm still not getting a positive OPK.

Arrgghhhhhhhh

Trying to ignore it and just dtd loads anyway. But it's annoying!

cookielove Sat 09-Mar-13 19:07:39

Hello all, just wanted to put a link on to the other lovely fred that i am on, just wanted to let everyone know how supportive it can be smile

any way here is the just shagging thread everyone is welcome grin

although this thread is delightfully lovely to smile

SarahMargaret Sat 09-Mar-13 17:28:13

Ok so I got my positive opk on Thursday, but couldn't DTD till last night. I've been reading it can take days for sperm to reach egg in tubes, if this is true I haven't a hope this month sad does anyone know if the odds are for me or against? Trying not to get my hopes up x

Blondie276 Fri 08-Mar-13 15:02:40

Hi All,
Im 29 and get married in 12 weeks and are TTC. (also 30years old in 14 weeks!)
Came of BC end Jan although didnt try last month to have first full cycle (which was 27 days)Am lucky that it returned so quickly so hoping this carries on.
Am now on day 14 of 2nd cycle and so bloomin confused with my body and working out whats going on! Thought was due to O today although dont think I have- so trying to patiently wait and see what occurs over the next few days.
Am concerned that I dont want to turn into a head case with this process and guess it can be sooooooo tiring and disheartening! Excited though- you never know whats round the corner!!

jazzcat28 Thu 07-Mar-13 22:09:28

I have been on it for 12 months but was on Yasmin for about 9 years before that. Never had a period on cezarette but my nurse said that's when it's working most effectively? Had v long/random cycles before I started taking the pill at 17 so not sure if I'm going to struggle

Pregnacare for couples trying for a baby that im taking has folic acid in it.

I want to have a proper period before we start so will be using other contraception whilst waiting.

Am kinda of the just shag every other day mentality, don't want to make it too 'clinical' with opks as this will be too much for DH. Though if my fears are correct re cycles who knows what I'll be resorting to in a few months!

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 21:43:45

Hi Jazzcat! I took my last one on the 2nd march! My AF still hasn't made an appearance either hmm how long we're you on cerazette for? Do you take Folic acid too? Did you have periods whilst taking cerazette?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now