Any newly weds trying for baby #1?

(74 Posts)
MrsBigBadBeck Mon 04-Mar-13 16:29:06

Hi ladies!

Just curious to see how old mothers to be are for their first baby.

I'm just 23, hubby and I got married just a month ago but been together just over a couple of years. He is desperate for kids, and the more I think about it the more I really want something of ours togethersmile hubby has a 6 year old from a previous relationship who doesn't live with us but me and my new step son are building up a brilliant bondsmile

Would be interesting to see all the different relationship situationssmile

Look forward to reading repliessmile

FromagePlease Tue 05-Mar-13 13:43:02

MrsBBB, on the packet that I bought it said day 6 of my cycle, with day one being first day of your period, if you have a normal cycle length. I only bought mine mid-cycle so that's when I started using.

MrsBigBadBeck Tue 05-Mar-13 14:48:11

Best for me to wait I think :-/ periods are all over the shop at the moment. I'm two days late and have been pill free for three days! So it's while your mid flow or the end of your period you do the test?

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 14:58:14

Hi, new member - first post all advice welcome smile This is our third month trying, which may seem too soon to worry, but I guess because I've never been on the pill or any medicated from of contraception I thought it would happen right away. I'm 25, hubby is 27, both healthy weight, active and eat well. Problem is and this is where I hope someone can give me some hope.... he works in Newbury and I live in our home in Ireland, he commutes, flies out Mon morn and back Friday evening. So we only have weekends to actively try. For the first month we had been using KY but heard it can kill sperm so switched to Conceive Plus, I find it very hard to not use anything. My periods are irregular ranging from 30 to 37 days, last month was a 32 day. My GP has done blood tests for iron or thyroid issues, but they came back normal, she has said if nothing happens within another 3 months I can come back and see her, I want a baby so so much I have no patience and daydream about seeing a positive pregnancy test all the time. As I said, any advice would be really appreciated, thanks xo

MrsBigBadBeck Tue 05-Mar-13 15:47:18

This might sounds stupid but have you tried various positions? One of my good friends who is a midwife told me that its important that your man should make sure the you orgasm too. Not sure why, think it may be to do with the chemicals and hormones in our bodies that help with the process of the conceiving. Maybe if you're stressing over it that might not be helping sad how are you feeling in yourself too?

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 18:47:22

Mainly we were trying missionary because I read somewhere it was good, but then a friend told me to have hubby behind me (hope thats not TMI) lol. I am feeling fit and well, and I don't think I'm too stressed. How long have u been trying? Ive also been taking Folic acid and just since the weekend hubby has been taking zinc and multi vitamin tablets.

MrsBigBadBeck Tue 05-Mar-13 19:07:53

Haha, no not at all TMI, you mean for you to be on all fours?

We've only been trying since the weekend, but some people are falling pregnant ridiculously quickly! i'd love to know their trick!

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 19:12:15

yes I heard it was good to be in that position with womans head bent downward, gravity must sort of kick in, then afterwards legs up with a pillow in under the hips to lift them up too. I keep hearing of people who tried and got preg right away, so jealous lol.

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 19:13:16

yes I heard it was good to be in that position with womans head bent downward, gravity must sort of kick in, then afterwards legs up with a pillow in under the hips to lift them up too. I keep hearing of people who tried and got preg right away, so jealous lol.

MrsBigBadBeck Tue 05-Mar-13 20:59:45

Maybe yeah, my midwife friend when she was TTC would put her legs up the wall after sex so the sperm would make its way up haha. Tempting! Yeah I've read it a lot toosad maybe were missing something!

Klee15 Tue 05-Mar-13 22:44:08

First post, first baby, first month off the pill, first month of trying. Married Aug 2012. No idea of my cycles as been on microgynon since I was 16, I'm 25 now. Nervous, excited, impatient and glad I found these forums. :-)

SarahMargaret Tue 05-Mar-13 23:48:16

Klee15, we were married Aug 2012 too, been trying since Christmas, no sign yet but hopefully soon. We are trying everything, I know how u feel im sooo impatient x

kitty555 Thu 07-Mar-13 07:16:11

Hello!

I am 35, got married in May last year and we will start TTC end of this week smile

SarahMargaret Thu 07-Mar-13 11:26:15

Gutted sad OPK gave a positive result this morning, but hubby isn't going to be home until around 9 tomorrow night sad does anyone know how long after positive OPK ovulation actually happen or for how long afterwards could conception happen? I hope we haven't missed another month x

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 12:41:02

Get making a baby ASAP. You never know you may get lucky! From looking up on it you can have 2-3 days where conception could occur so this weekend may be your weekend! smile Got everything crossed for you! X

FromagePlease Thu 07-Mar-13 12:49:09

Is anyone else on the 2WW? Doesn't it drag on and on.....it's always in the back of my mind. I need to start thinking about something else, like work! blush

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 12:56:25

What's the 2ww?

SarahMargaret Thu 07-Mar-13 13:55:19

MrsBidBadBeck I really hope your right, thanks keep everything crossed for me and you never know we may hit lucky... times like this I wish hubby worked at home sad The 2ww will be a LONG wait this month. Its a 2 week window before af should come and you can test xx

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 14:16:45

You may do and let's hope so! I still haven't had AF make an appearance yet, and been 5 days pill free :-/ ergh hope I'm not one of these ones who doesn't have a period for over 6 monthssad we've only managed to have a try once as my hubby is away too with work and isn't home until tomorrowhmm

SarahMargaret Thu 07-Mar-13 15:04:03

It makes me stress more knowing hubby is away, but needs must. What pill were u on? It might just take a bit of time for your body to adjust without it. But a girl I work with came off her pill after being on it for years, last August and conceived the following month. Although, she had a slight bleed and thought she hadn't been successful, then when af didn't show up the following month she took a test and it was pos. But when she went for her 12 wk scan they told her she was actually 16 weeks smile how great would that be!! Good luck to you too for this weekend

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 15:50:23

Yeah I must admit I've been frustrated thinking to myself all this week we could've been trying, but hey ho!

I was on Cerazette and always apart from one month had a period while I took it so seems weird how now I have stopped nothing had appeared!

Wow that is super quick!!!!! I wish (and hope!)

Good luck to you too and keep us updated!

FatPenguin Thu 07-Mar-13 17:23:27

I'm 23 and got married last year smile we are on our 3rd month of trying, stopped taking the pill last november after being on it a few years. I'm a bit worried as OH is 38 and concerned this might affect us. We are going to try the clear blue fertility monitor next month,any one tried it?

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 17:25:55

Ah hi! smile I doubt his age will affect him, unlike us women! We haven't tried that test, but my hubby is 31 and he is so worried about being an old dad. 38 isn't old either! How does the fertility test work?

FatPenguin Thu 07-Mar-13 17:52:22

It monitors your fertility through the month- you start the monitor on day 1 of your period and it asks you to pee on a stick and put it in the machine (not always every day)to try and work out when ovulation will be. It then says low fertility/high fertility/peak fertility each day as it builds up a picture of your cycle. Interested to see what is says as TMI sorry looking at the ovulation calculators online my CM doesn't seem to tally when they say I should be ovulating, hmmm....

jazzcat28 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:35:42

Hi all.. Got married in October 2012, took last pill (cezarette) on 1st march, now waiting for first period to turn up so we can get going! We're both 28 this year. I'm also on the WW thread as am trying to lose weight to help TTC - my BMI is currently over 30 which I have read is the threshold for complications starting. Just need to lose another stone (16lb down so far) to get under 30 BMI. DH and I have been taking pregnacare his & hers tablets since start of feb so fingers crossed AF shows soon cos I just want to get shagging a move on!

MrsBigBadBeck Thu 07-Mar-13 21:43:45

Hi Jazzcat! I took my last one on the 2nd march! My AF still hasn't made an appearance either hmm how long we're you on cerazette for? Do you take Folic acid too? Did you have periods whilst taking cerazette?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now