Arrggghh thrush :(

(11 Posts)
dondon33 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:26:14

Thrush is the worst! Seriously.. Urrhhhhh! I'm with ya!

Hope it gets sorted x

gillian1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:02:57

Ahhh dondon sounds interesting I might give that a try tomorrow if it hasn't cleared up by then!

Thrush is the worst! Seriously.. Urrhhhhh!

dondon33 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:00:50

I had it last month and if you want a natural remedy - I used 1 part pure tea tree oil to 20 parts water (I used teaspoons to measure) I quickly dipped a tampon and popped it in overnight - I can't remember if I done it 2 or 3 nights but it worked completely and I had it quite badly.
I worried that it would make me a little dry or effect the quality of ewcm but it didn't appear to.
Big thumbs up from me smile

gillian1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 19:01:17

The leaflet says consult your doctor if pregnant or TTC....
I think I will be ok without the pessary! Feels better already... Will see how it goes tonight... Always worse at night! X

ELA88 Sun 03-Mar-13 18:58:33

The cream usually helps enough and it clears up by itself, I'll have to get some tomorrow because it is sore! I'm due AF tomorrow anyway so not bothered about dtd right now. I'm not sure if the pessary affects TTC, does it say in the leaflet or google it? You might be ok by tomorrow anyway with just the cream xx

gillian1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 18:19:49

I had some canesten cream in the bathroom so been using that since yesterday...

I also have a pack of pessarys which the doctor prescribed me when I had thrush a while ago but never used them because it had already pretty much cleared up.

I'd like to use a pessary but I'm scared to use them... Don't know if its safe to use them whilst TTC?
The next 7 day is my most fertile time so don't want to use something that could have a bad effect on TTC!

Anyway... It already feels better from using the cream so might just leave it for now ...

Eek! Hate thrush!

ELA88 Sun 03-Mar-13 17:55:33

Ahh I know how you feel Gillian, I'm sure I've got it coming now I'm soooo sore and itchy! It's the worst feeling ever! Ill have to try and get to a chemist tomorrow! You're probably feeling better from it now! Xx

gillian1986 Sat 02-Mar-13 22:52:17

Luckily it's really not that bad at the moment (started last night and kinda forgot about it all day until dtd earlier and flared up since)... Hopefully it gets better instead of worse!!!!!!

gillian1986 Sat 02-Mar-13 22:50:27

Thanks... Just read about something called bio-fem...

Has anyone used it before? Might get that! Arrggghhh... Dtd an hour ago and now stinging!

Hubby is watching a film and I'm trying to ignore what's going on down below! Ouccchhhhh

RaspberrySnowCone Sat 02-Mar-13 22:47:16

You should be fine. Use the cream for both of you and if its not too horrendous you can still DTD.

gillian1986 Sat 02-Mar-13 22:30:16

AF has been and gone (ended yesterday) so I'm gearing myself up for ovulation only to find I have thrush!!!!

Not majorly bad but its there... If only mild...
Can thrush affect my chances of conceiving? Anyone else had this?
Gonna get canesten duo tomorrow... I've had thrush before and the tablet always deals with it straight away. Have another week til I'm ovulating so hoping i can shift the thrush by then!

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now