Spotting a couple of days before OV expected, anyone else?

(4 Posts)
babyrose Thu 28-Feb-13 16:19:24

I had ovulation bleeding before I had ds, it happened for a few months then stopped. Ds will be 3 in may! I had one at xmas time there and then again it stopped.

owainsmum Thu 28-Feb-13 13:59:48

Apparently it is possible to have ovulation bleeding, which is usually just a bit of spotting, and is also associated with being extra fertile. I'm currently having what I thought was ovulation bleeding, although it's more like a very light period, and is bright red blood rather than pink or brown spotting. Based on OPKs I think I ov on monday and that's when the bleeding started, although it has been getting a bit heavier and still hasn't stopped. I have been googling this to find out what's going on, and one reason you get ov bleeding is because the ovary can bleed when the egg is released. Not sure why I'm bleeding so much though!

Katnisscupcake Thu 28-Feb-13 11:52:47

Sorry, should say as it is only CD14, then it's actually 2 days before I'm expecting to OV, so more likely +ive OPK on Friday, not today or tomorrow... blush

Katnisscupcake Thu 28-Feb-13 11:51:14

So, we have been on/off TTC since I had a MC last July (this will be DC2).

December was the first month since the MC that we really put the effort in IYSWIM and this if the first month I've decided to temp from CD1. So, temps have been up and down, nothing unusual.

In the past I've generally OVd around CD16. Today is CD14. On CD12/13 I had EWCM which I normally start to get a few days before OV. But I can't remember whether I get it right up to OV normally or just for a couple of days.

Anyway, no signs (-ive OPKs, no temp-dips or specific rises) that OV has happened yet but today my CM is (sorry - TMI), sticky, yellowy with some slight spotting in it.

I'm doing an OPK around 2pm today as there was a faint line on one yesterday, which normally means that I will get a +ive OPK today or, more likely, tomorrow. So why the spotting this early before OV? It is red aswell, so fresh.

On Tuesday night, I did go 'on top' and I have (with previous partners) suffered cervical erosions, but haven't really experienced them with DH... So it's just a bit strange.

Only ever had OV spotting once before (if I recall), sometime ago, so this is a bit unusual.

Should I be worried?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now