Early scan worried about size

(3 Posts)
MrsKate Tue 26-Feb-13 20:39:30

Hi there i had a early ultrasound scan today to rule out ectopic due to pain . My lmp was 7th jan but my cycle is so irregular last cycle was 35 days . Scan today shows gestational sac measuring 4.7 mm and the early signs of yolk sac they are dating me as 5 weeks but i only bd once this month and i sure about my dates i should be 6 weeks . Im still so worried i wish i could calm down . Ive had prev mc in 2009

Alexandra6 Wed 27-Feb-13 08:15:50

[Sad] you must be really anxious. I have nothing constructive to say which will shed any light on it, but just wanted to say good luck. They are always wrong about things aren't they, and only a week out so hopefully it will all still go well - also maybe some are just smaller than others at that stage but it still works out fine? Hope so x

QTPie Wed 27-Feb-13 09:17:11

Hi

It is very very difficult to date at this early stage: honestly, it is too early to tell (in another week or two there should be a heartbeat and that will give some reassurance). You may be sure of your LMP, but actual conception may take later than you think and this will effect the age if your baby more than your LMP.

Are you booked for a rescan?

Best wishes that everything is good news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now