Excellent Egg Buddies continued! Anyone having IVF/ICSI in Jan, Feb and March 2013 please join us!

(998 Posts)

We've run out of room on Karbea's Jan IVF thread and it is too much fun to stop! We're all getting into comfy clothes and enjoying the side effects and surprises (and occasionally some hand holding).

Hi dildals the image of you stroking his beard made me laugh out loud. I'm so tired and desperately need a nap. Why isn't napping encouraged in the workplace? Don't know how I'm going to get through another 2.5 hours.

Hell everyone

I hope you are all ok today.

Just a quick note before bed to wish Keep best of luck for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you. I look forward to checking in in the morning.

Night everyone.

Shazza xx

Nokkie73 Thu 21-Mar-13 22:21:03

Hi all

Sorry no detailed personals - I am getting ready for my exhibition at the Royal Academy wink.

Good luck keep. Hope it's a bfp for you Hun.

shazza hope you are feeling better sweetie.

Speak properly tomorrow y'all.

Noks - yawn ! I am tired today !

Xx

keepitgoing Fri 22-Mar-13 01:51:29

Bfn on boots own, bfp on internet cheapie. I suspect a non viable pregnancy, but will have to wait and see hcg later today.

Rgh!

Oh no Keep! The suspense must be so hard. what time is your appt? Loads of luck. Thinking of you. X

Oh no Keep! The suspense must be so hard. what time is your appt? Loads of luck. Thinking of you.

Hello to everyone else. Xx

keepitgoing Fri 22-Mar-13 08:18:42

I've given the blood, appointment in 45 mins. I think the boots one is sensitive to 50, the other to 20. I did a third with more dilute urine a few hours later. V faint, but a line.

I know everyone says 'a line is a line', but with ivf you know exactly when you ovulated, so there's no uncertainty. Which is why I'm trying and failing to be realistic.

Nokkie73 Fri 22-Mar-13 09:20:08

Oh Keeps - I really hope it works. Am thinking of you.

Noks xx

Me too. Fingers crossed. Xxxxx

keepitgoing Fri 22-Mar-13 10:58:22

BFP!!! A beta of 145!!! smile

Another blood test and scan to see yolk sac in a week. I'm in shock and can't stop smiling. Time for worries another day, for now we're over the moon x

Amazing keep! Yippee!!!!! Congratulations to you both. Really fantastic news. Enjoy your celebrations. X

Nokkie73 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:37:02

Well done keeps ! Such lovely news after all that drama ! Am so pleased for you. grin xxx

Dildals Fri 22-Mar-13 15:25:44

Keep woohoo well done!

AFM - it was drama last night in Residence Dildals .. I had started bleeding, with cramps, like a period. Went to EPU today and I have a little bruise/bleed that is causing the bleeding, it will resolve itself. Babies are fine. They were going nuts in there for some reason shaking their arm and leg (buds). V funny. The biggest one is 4cms now. So small still!

Oh my goodness dildals you must have been so worried. I'm so glad they (and you) are ok. It is all a miracle and wonderful but my goodness the roller coaster just keeps on going doesn't it? X

keep wonderful! Congratulations!

dildals gosh how worrying, glad everything is okay and that you got another peek at the twins.

chocoloco1 Fri 22-Mar-13 20:33:28

Hellooooooooo!

shazza how are you doing? Sorry you are feeling so anxious, it is a worrying time, no doubt about it. I hope your cramps have gone now and hope you have full on nausea by now! wink I felt awful last time when I was pg but still mc, so don't think there is any real happy medium. I'll be glad when next weekend has passed so that I can say I have got past the stage I was at before.

noks have you abandoned us and buggered off to make your living painting in gay Paris or similar?! How's the tiredness?

scarlett how are you doing now? Any easing of the sore boobs? You sound like you're doing the right thing with all he supplements and being pro-active. I've read good things about DHEA and I was going to give it a go as our consultant had mentioned it.

cupcakes DH gave up drinking for a few months as his morphology was 0.5%, not sure what it ended up being as he had surgical sperm retrieval, but pretty sure it helped. Pycnogenol was something DH took as it was meant to be good for morphology.

tilly how are you doing? Has the BFP sunk in yet?

keep so happy you've got your bfp, amazing news!

dildals the bleeding and cramps sounds bloody scary. Glad all is ok now.

Not really much to report from me, eating marmite crisps(managed TWO packets today) and breadsticks like there's no tomorrow and unintentionally have almost got down to my pre Christmas weight better late than never have been trying to think of a nickname for mini choco, any suggestions?

chip? (as in chocolate chip)

I'm abit better thanks choco. I thought I was abit queasy yesterday but I think it was wind! Still no vomit or sore boobs chez shaz but I found this list of 16 symptoms
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/pregnancy-symptom-sign-of-pregnancy#9
And I have 9 so I figure that's ok for now. And no sickness could be a boy apparently. I'm 6 weeks today so others could kick in anytime.

It still hadn't sunk in yet. What about you? I'm desperate to see a little fuzzy picture of shazlett just to know that she is there at least. I think there could be a little heartbeat in the 7th week. Isn't that amazing? About 4mm long and a heartbeat.

How are you feeling choco? I understand about taking it day by day. That's all we can do.

I hope everyone else is ok. It has been quiet today. I thought I'd check in before bed. My biggest symptom is overwhelming tiredness which is so unlike me. I can usually go and go but this week I'm exhausted.

Sleep well all.

Lovely news again keep. smile

Xx

TillyToffee Fri 22-Mar-13 22:59:37

Choc Chip - love it! smile

Keep High five!!! Great news, smile

AFM, I am feeling fine. Physically, anyway.

Mentally I am beyond anguish. Totally convinced I'm going to MC or baby is going to be in a bad way and I'll be in a position where I might have to "consider making a difficult decision". Feel guilty and fed up. Not enjoying things at all.

Nokkie73 Fri 22-Mar-13 23:27:08

Hi girls

I'm still here ! Just a bit pensive at the moment - i am really beginning to feel the pressure. Got a call from the hospital and our other two embryos didn't make it, so if this go doesn't work then it's back to square one for us. I am trying to stay upbeat for Mr Noks (who is worried about the effect on me if this fails) and Ma and Pa Noks (who have been brilliant - just don't want to let them down) but it so damn hard sometimes. I am just really scared. Over four years of ttc can take its toll sometimes. I have been having some cramps, especially at night and have been so tired during the day so I think it's all caught up with me.

Sorry to offload, but you lot know what it's like. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more positive thoughts.

Night night.

Noks xx

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 05:00:18

Gosh dildals how scary! I'm so pleased the twins are OK. 4cm, wowee. Do they look baby-like yet? Rest up, lady.

Tilly we know how you feel about the worry. But, you can get pregnant, you have a good hcg level, it's v unlikely to be ectopic. I don't know what to suggest other than focus on the positives and keep busy. I'm a couple of days behind you, so we're in this together.

nok I'm sorry about the other embryos, but we all know IOTO... When is otd, I think you have a while? And it wouldn't be square one, they learn a lot each cycle. The tww is the worst part of ivf, in my opinion and experience. Hang in there and don't worry about your parents.

My doctor told me no swimming in the first trimester. I live in Thailand, and will be at the beach. Can this be true?! <heads off to Google> I know so much about TTC, almost nothing about pregnancy!

chocoloco1 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:01:01

shazza feeling pretty queasy a lot of the time, but not a lot else. I'm saving my last digital for tomorrow in the hope it will say 3+ and then no more POAS! Will be very glad to get to the scan. Have you got a booking-in appointment from when you went to your gp the other day?

tilly I know how you feel about the anxiety, we just have to keep the faith and take things one step at a time. Choc chip it is.

noks sorry you didn't have any embryos to freeze. As far as cramps go, who knows? The 2ww is a bloody minefield and as keep says the 2ww is probably the worst bit as after all the monitoring you are just left to your own devices. Hope you are feeling a little less pressured today and a bit better in yourself

keep re swimming, never heard of that. I expect there are lots of things I don't know about yet!

Just debating what I can have for breakfast, weetabix has been manageable this week, but don't even fancy that! Just waiting for some more of the evil but miracle working gestone to be delivered this morning. The lumps, bumps and bruises are coming along nicely. karbea did you say you had been on gestone before?

Afternoon ladies

I'm on my way to a wedding do that I could do without frankly. Oh well!

Noks I'm sorry you are feeling the pressure. Sadly nothing we can say can guarantee a result for you, I wish we could but whatever the outcome you will NOT have let anyone down. Your family love you and will support you whatever happens. I'm really praying for you. Try to rest as much as possible. According to the Zita book these feelings are completely normal in the 2ww. It is a roller coaster of emotion. Look after yourself, be kind to yourself in the way that you were kind to everyone here on their 2ww. And I'm sorry about the other embies. It just wasn't meant to be for them.

Tilly it is unbearably worrying isn't it? I am also full of anxiety. Im convinced ive got an empty sac in there. Keep is right lets take it day by day and we are all in this together. As dildals said the other day try to enjoy it as well. These early days are exciting.

Choco choc chip is cute. grin GP didn't give me an appt. she said that someone will contact me. Have you got one booked in? I think I might feel a little bit queasy after eating but that's it. My main symptoms are tiredness and weeing alot. I'm still conducting thorough boob checks but nothing. Not even a tingle. And I'm on double bubble progesterone cause I ended up with a natural bfp and I'm also using the bullets.

I'm seriously thinking about a private scan next week. I'll be between 6-7 weeks. What do you think? I have to wait until I'm 8 weeks otherwise. DP says that I can do whatever makes me feel better but I don't know if it's worth it.

Keep not sure about swimming I'm afraid. What did dr google say? I hope you are feeling ok.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you are all having a good weekend. It's freezing outside I'd stay indoors nice and warm if I were you. Unless you are Keep of course!

Shaz xx

Dildals Sat 23-Mar-13 14:34:00

keep I think swimming in the sea might be a different proposition to swimming in a chlorinated pool. The latter is deemed safe and recommended exercise for pregnant ladies. They do advice you to not swim for a bit after ET. All in all, do what you feel most comfortable with.

They look like babies to me, but I may be biased! It makes it so much more real when you see them moving!

noks we didn't have any frosties either and I remember feeling quite sad and despondent at the time, but you may not need another cycle!

shazz the tiredness and weeing are v definite symptoms though!

AFM - I had my booking appt today with the midwife. My advice, bring a big handbag with you. You get sent home with a big book of notes and lots of goodies. I am now well stocked up with sachets of stretchmark cream, washing liquid, fabric softener and nappy rash cream. confused

The bleeding episode (which is still ongoing) was scary but you just have to roll with it don't you. I know it sounds easier said than done. I will say again though that that EPU service is brilliant.

keepitgoing Sat 23-Mar-13 15:31:11

Dr Google says swimming is fine for normal people... It's only some ivf clinics that advise against it. Surely it can't be from EC two weeks ago. I think I'll give it till 8 weeks if we get there.

shaz you should be able to see a heart beat then I think. Do it, if you need to. Think how much money you've saved by not doing ivf. smile

I've had mild cramps today. Argh.

chocoloco1 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:31:13

shazza hope the wedding has been ok. We've got an evening do to go to next week and already dreading having to stay up past my (very early) bedtime! If you want the private scan it can't hurt. I think it's pretty certain you would see a heartbeat then. My boobs only hurt when I prod them which is pretty often 2 years ago the system at the doctor's when I went was that you saw your gp and then you collected a pack and a letter with midwife's number on to phone and make the booking in appointment. My appointment with the gp is when I'll be 7 and a half weeks, so I hope I can get in soon enough with the midwife. We'll see I guess.

dildals I like the sound of your little stash of goodies you've come back with. Sorry to hear you're still having bleeding, it must be an anxious time.

keep I have had cramps on and off, think it's pretty normal

AFM, have indulged in a spot of retail therapy today in Bath. It was nice just to chill out. Feeling tired , but happy and still in shock really and counting the days until the scan - 12 after today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now