err poss bfp??

(12 Posts)
honey86 Fri 22-Feb-13 12:50:34

tested this morning with an internet cheapie and there was what looked like an evap line... after looking at my ff chart i decided to retest with the same strip. theres a faint line! its v faint but deinately there with a blink-and-youll-miss-it tinge of pink... im 13 dpo..

whats the chance of more hormone leaking into my urine within a few hours? surely not blush ive drank 3 coffees in that time. how do you post photos on here? <slightly hyper at the prospect>blush

Alexandra6 Fri 22-Feb-13 12:55:53

Hi, you can't get a false positive so it sounds like you are, congrats! Maybe lay off the coffee a bit though as caffeine isn't great for ttc/pregnancy (although I cut it out months ago but haven't got my BFP yet!) Anyway congrats, hope the line keeps getting darker and darker smile

honey86 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:09:21

thanks, im trying not to get my hopes up in case im wrong, i only came off the pill 3 weeks or so ago, surely it cant of happened that quick...

im really bad with coffee but i would cut down if necessary... i just tend to drink it because i gave up smoking and it made me eat too much so i ended up on coffee to compensate.. blush 51 days smokefree so far x

sleepyhead Fri 22-Feb-13 13:16:41

Do you mean you used the same test twice?

Sorry, you can't do that. It's possible that the line you saw was dye leaking from the control strip. Bin it and try again with a new test.

You may still be pg, but the twice used test won't tell you anything.

Alexandra6 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:22:04

Did I read it wrong or do you mean there was a faint line the first time round? That's the line I was referring to by the way, agree with sleepy about the second time round not being reliable. I'd be straight off to boots for another test! You can get those accurate early check ones can't you? Great work stopping smoking by the way

honey86 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:30:07

nooo not literally the same strip i mean the same kind x

sleepyhead Fri 22-Feb-13 13:39:22

Oh if it was a different strip then a line is a line smile

Congratulations!

Try again in the morning, or a couple of days if you can bear it. Should be clearer then.

honey86 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:45:52

thanks hunni smile im waiting for frer tests to be delivered ill test with them x

honey86 Fri 22-Feb-13 13:47:11

and sorry alexandra there were lines on both but the first one looked more like an evap line with no colour x

honey86 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:06:58

its official! im pregnant smile x

Alexandra6 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:26:45

Woop congrats x

HopefullA Sun 24-Feb-13 13:15:01

Congrats!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now