TTC whilst breastfeeding.....

(5 Posts)
boombangcrash Thu 21-Feb-13 18:58:43

Hello all, am new to this site and in much need of any advice/ info / support on this subject.
I am currently bf my 15 month old DS and have actively started TTC #2 at the beginning of this month. I am 35 this April and feeling soooooooo broody, but no sign of AF yet? Anyone else in the same boat?

BettyStogs Thu 21-Feb-13 19:56:36

Hi, yes same here, DS is 17 months still bf, had my implant taken out a few weeks ago so just started ttc no.2. No af yet, but guess that's partly due to implant as it can stop it altogether. DS normally only has 3 bf a day, and is night weaned so hoping that shouldn't cause any issues.

I'm 38 so hoping it won't take too long as want to be done by 40! Also found out that several of the mums I met at baby groups are expecting again, so feel like I'm playing catch up, would be great to have maternity leave at the same time as people I already know!

boombangcrash Thu 21-Feb-13 20:21:34

I think the night weaning definitely helps, DS still feeds anywhere between 1 and four times a night, (normally more when teething), and 4 times a day. Have been able to have longer gaps between feeds the past few weeks, would love something to happen within the next 6 months smile.
I know five people that are pg at the moment! Doesn't help the feeling broody situation.

MrsHuxtable Thu 21-Feb-13 21:03:08

Hello, there's many of us in the same boat. Come and join us on our long-standing support thread!

It's called "Absent AF......."

boombangcrash Fri 22-Feb-13 06:13:02

Perfect, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now