The ongoing search for BFPs now leads the BESH to the barren polar wastes, in the footsteps of Scott, Shackleton and Franklin.

(1000 Posts)
ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 19-Feb-13 22:35:08

Pack those reindeer sleeping bags, huskies and skis - we're off to the Antarctic to look for our BFPs. Unlike Scott, we'll eat the poniez if necessary (topical joke). Let's huddle together through the Antarctic night and we'll try not to kidnap one of the emperor penguin toddlers for our very own. Bring on blizzards, pack ice, shipwreck, attacking leopard seals, voyages across the Southern Ocean in rowing boats and hazardous traverses of South Georgia in search of rescue - just like the Shackleton expedition, NO BESH WILL BE LEFT BEHIND.

(do I win the prize for most random fred ever?)

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 03-Mar-13 21:08:20

What about pregnant penguins?

Northey Sun 03-Mar-13 21:10:03

I think that would be ok, as they lay an egg rather than having a bump. Don't they? Or if not, what is the thing the male penguin keeps warm on his feet?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 03-Mar-13 21:50:31

Yes, Tis egg laying externally norf. Feel a bit sorry for the daddy penguins, stood there holding their eggs for three months without food while the Mummy penguins go off to swim and catch fish.....actually, maybe I should be a penguin?!

Was not a Jane Austen type thread suggested? --not sure how you'd shoehorn penguins in there though-/

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 03-Mar-13 21:50:46

Strike out fail sad

EuroShaggleton Sun 03-Mar-13 22:11:01

I thought we had decided to go for period dramas - I like the word play.

I need to catch up with the penguins. I'm an episode behind.

Northey Sun 03-Mar-13 22:15:54

Oh yeah. Penguins and period dramas. This will take some creativity...

I emailed the clinic today to tell them about my FAIL. Will see what they say about a frozen cycle. AMNH want to take some time off first, while I want to plug straight on...

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 03-Mar-13 22:19:44

Do you have to start paying yet, Norf? Is the frozen cycle a frozen embie? If so, do they "just" pop it in?

I think that's one thing I would find impossibly hard. You hear of these couples who borrow thousands.

A Jane Austen fred would amuse me. I am willing to relinquish the penguins for a while < magnanimous >

Northey Sun 03-Mar-13 22:23:30

Yes, but it's so much cheaper than a full cycle - about a quarter of the cost. Of course, they might not survive the defrosting. Not sure what happens then.

What could replace penguins? I'm not sure Austen really goes for animals...

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 03-Mar-13 22:25:23

Yeah, the bitch....

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 03-Mar-13 22:27:35

I'm thinking of Captain Wentworth in his breeches and oh obviously Mr Darcy smouldering damply after having dived in the the lake. I am thinking that so and so has a pleasing countenance and fine sensibilities

I think this idea could go somewhere.

"What care I for colds when there is such a man?"
"You will care very much when your nose swells up."

grin

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Mar-13 07:23:08

Morning BESH, I'm on my Staff Management course this week <yawn>

Let us know what the clinic say Norf <holds flipper>

I've got my next scan tomorrow morning, so going by the last two cycles I expect to be taking the trigger on Thursday/Friday is week. We'll see if my new coping mechanisms work!

Whoever starts the new fred, the OP must start with "It is a truth universally acknowledged...." grin

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 07:25:20

I desire to say something very sensible about penguins but I know not how.

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 07:30:00

Have fun on your ice climbing course, frank. Will there be biscuits?

Feeling flat and sad today. This is my first week back since the test, and until I know what I'm doing next, ttc-wise, I think I'm just going to feel a bit aimless and hopeless.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 04-Mar-13 08:06:26

There will definitely be biscuits - the centre holding the course make their own - the large, goey-in-the-middle chocolate cookie type grin

Take it easy today Norf, and don't feel you need to rush into any decisions.

EuroShaggleton Mon 04-Mar-13 09:33:10

I think Mr Darcy might end up a bit overused on the next fred...

frank great idea for fred intro.

Norf I know what you mean about limbo. Even though I am still waiting for the bleed to come, I know it is on its way (cramping is still there) and I really just want to get on with another cycle.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 04-Mar-13 09:55:00

Good post on the Maldives Fred, Euro. Deffo agreed with you.

I think Capt Wentworth might be a bit more of a go-we. Plus he'll have more energy on account of being less overused.

EuroShaggleton Mon 04-Mar-13 09:56:22

Thanks Rie. I'm not sure I was expressing myself as clearly as I might have done. Awful situation anyway, but hopefully in the years before she turns 18, international pressure can be brought to bear.

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 10:54:29

Perhaps Captain Wentworth was a captain of the British Antarctic Survey, or something, on secondment from the Navy. Or, umm, fought in the Baltic or something. Where there is snow. And therefore also penguins <firm>

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 04-Mar-13 11:14:05

Oh yes definitely.

ignores fact that Capt W lived long before British Antarctic Survey

He probably saw some penguins in the Galapagos. Or South Africa. Either way, he DEFINITELY saw them.

Actually, I just had a strange thought. All these Austen novels we still read and enjoy today were written even before settlers other than the Maoris even lived in New Zealand, and Darwin hadn't done his Galapagos stuff either.

Wow.

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 12:51:16

Ow. Worst period pain I remember for a while. Insult to injury, really.

EuroShaggleton Mon 04-Mar-13 12:52:59

Oh Norf. <Envelopes Norf in a pile of seal pups>

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 04-Mar-13 12:59:38

Fucking period fucking pain can fuck the fuck off. Fuck.

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 13:33:00

Sob. I was all chilled and everything over the weekend, and now I am just sad.

MavisCruet176 Mon 04-Mar-13 16:00:37

<passes norf more penguins and huskies>

Northey Mon 04-Mar-13 16:27:44

I am just being a wuss because it hurts. This isn't the spirit that got to the South Pole. I have left work early though (take that, bastards) and am heading home to overdose on painkillers and hot water bottles.

Who is starting new fred?

This thread is not accepting new messages.