TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

Tinyflutterby Fri 15-Mar-13 14:01:08

Does anyone know how soon its possible to experience morning sickness? Or has anyone had any personal experience of early nausea as a symptom? I ovulated on Sunday and have been feeling nauseous on and off all week since then. Everything I've read says its not possible, so I'm probably ill or something. AF not due for over a week. Thanks.

MortifiedAdams Fri 15-Mar-13 18:51:46

Ive felt fizzing all afternoon, in the womb area, however the could be becaise I drank a bottle of sparkling water.

DancingInTheMoonlight Fri 15-Mar-13 21:50:03

I'm now really hoping this month isn't a positive month! Ds has chickenpox...

Ninunina Fri 15-Mar-13 23:06:42

tiny I had a constant feeling of nausea very soon after conception so it is possible that it could be morning sickness. FX

Ninunina Fri 15-Mar-13 23:09:38

dancing sorry about DS getting chickenpox. Have you had it before? Hopefully you are immune

af finally decided to grace me with her presence this morning, a very rude 6 days late angry I am mostly angry though because that will put my next expected ov date bang over Easter when we will be staying with my parents in their tiny cramped house so dtd will be pretty much impossible. unless i get a turkey baster... too far?grin

DancingInTheMoonlight Sat 16-Mar-13 09:43:48

Yes I've had it before but i guess there's still a low risk.at least it takes my mind off waiting for af lol

ASmidgeofMidge Sat 16-Mar-13 12:05:07

Still no AF for me.... Am trying not to think about it too much...

ASmidgeofMidge Sat 16-Mar-13 13:12:24

petty AF indeed v rude. Turkey batter definitely too far... If house is cramped there's always the garden grin

2beornot Sat 16-Mar-13 17:18:49

Petty-you'll just have to dtd lots before you go! Sperm lasts longer than eggs, so if you do it early that's ok!

Asmidge - I think you're ring very calm in the circumstances.

My AF is due next fri but that's based on 28 day cycle so could be here on mon. I plan to POAS on wed if no show by then!

MortifiedAdams Sun 17-Mar-13 00:01:00

Are we drinking? Dont know whether to stop 'just incase''

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 17-Mar-13 07:56:21

With one toddler ds, I'm not stopping wine and coffee until i absolutely have to!

2beornot Sun 17-Mar-13 08:43:14

I have been drinking, not lots but the occasional weekend glass. Although I was feeling a bit headachey last night and chose paracetamol over aspirin!

Tinyflutterby Sun 17-Mar-13 14:10:34

Thanks Ninuina, trying not to obsess about symptoms, but nausea is awful and hard to ignore. Still a week to go.

Just a thought, but maybe we are all actually ovulating later than we think we are and that's why we all think af is late and get in a state about it? Past few cycles my af seems to have been 16 days after ov, which makes me think ov is happening later than I think.

gemmeg Sun 17-Mar-13 18:28:44

My sentiments exactly tiny..... I was 3 days late this month but had really sore nipples and terrible bloating at what I believed to be 4 dpo. I always thought I got this pain and bloating after ov but now I'm thinking it occurs at the same time and I actually ovd later than expected. Doing OPKs but no smiley face yet (it's only cd 14 for me and I believe I ov late anyway). DH has agreed to DTD every other day from now unless I get a +opk in which case we'll do 2 days straight smile.

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 17-Mar-13 21:59:27

Still no af here... Will be a week late on Tues. Trying desperately to resist testing again and symptom spotting but dh working tonight and am consulting Dr Google about (tmi) lots of discharge. Was having crampy pains last week and (tmi again) v constipated with some (passing) nausea - but all gone now; only the discharge remains grin

ASmidgeofMidge Sun 17-Mar-13 21:59:42

How are things with all of you?

Hi ladies - can you help me as I am in need of some advice.

I got a faint second line on my opk on Thursday and I know that generally that means a negative however I summoned my DH and we DTD. On Friday the second line was darker than the control line (cycles are long and irregular so hooray for a positive opk) so we DTD - we also DTD on Saturday night and I was hoping to do the deed on Sunday night too but it just didn't happen - we tried and tried but it wasn't happening hmm

Have I missed the boat this cycle - if I take Friday as the positive opk we DTD the day before the positive, the day of the positive and the day after - is this enough???

Would really appreciate some advice - I know there is nothing I can do to change it but this is my first cycle since my miscarriage a month ago and I want to feel like I'm giving it my best shot - we have generally been DTD every other day throughout the cycle.

Thanks (and sorry for waffling) xx

2beornot Mon 18-Mar-13 07:44:20

Mummytothearkbuilder hopefully someone will be along who knows about OPKs as I have no experience of them. But if you're dtd every other day anyway then I think you would have done it enough. If it doesn't happen this month (and I really hope it does for you) then it won't be through lack of trying!!!

Thanks 2beornot - I am dreading my first AF after the miscarriage so would love to get a BFP instead!!

Hope we have done it enough - it's such a tricky business this ttc lark! X

Ninunina Mon 18-Mar-13 09:54:14

mummytothearkbuilder I think you should have plenty of healthy sperm ready to fertilise that egg. Maybe give it another go tonight for good measure smile
I totally understand that you can't bear to get AF this month. I was the same after my mc and I managed to get a BFP straight away. It caused some confusion with estimated delivery dates, but other than that all was ok. Best of luck xxxx

gemmeg Mon 18-Mar-13 10:08:21

Hi mummy, no I don't think you've missed the boat. It sounds as if you've caught it just right. Good luck.

asmidge you are an absolute warrior for not testing again! It all sounds good so far though, doesn't it?

Well, I never got round to DTD either last night. DS ill and kept me up til 11pm then just couldn't be arsed didn't have the energy. Feel bad now for getting on DH's case! Hoping for a smiley opk v.soon.

Ooh I hope we get some more BFPs this month! If my cycle is as long as the last one then AF is due on 31st. It's the day of DS' birthday party so I'm hoping that will take my mind off things as there's loads still to do. Also didn't DTD the day of ovulation (but did the 3 nights previously) as I fell asleep and DH didn't have the heart to wake me up!

Just found out a friend is 7 weeks so it'd be lovely to get a BFP this month! Plus it would avoid having to make the decision whether to have a break next cycle to avoid a Christmas baby <neurotic>

nomoreminibreaks I am actually hoping for a December baby so me, dh and ds can have our first christmas in our new house (although the house bit might go tits up!) and I will have a good excuse not to travel anywhere grin

I'm not normally so miserly but ALL our family live within a mile of each other in N. Wales and since DS arrived I spend every holiday at home driving round visiting people for days on end AND i have to share a room with ds who is normally a good sleeper, but not if he is sharing. I love christmas with the family but last year did me in! Pre ds I would just go home and lie on my mums sofa for a long wkend as no one was arsed about seeing me grin. Humph. rant over.

oh and any news smidge?

This thread is not accepting new messages.