TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

muzzy2011 Wed 12-Jun-13 21:41:52

Thanks bart...I think I'll start using them Friday then which will be cd12. I'm normally a 30 day cycle so that should be ok shouldnt it? That's annoying when DH is away...you could try for Wednesday morning like stone said. Mornings are useless for us as DD always ends up in our bed before the morning!

Tallalime Wed 12-Jun-13 21:56:15

I have a 30 day cycle and usuallu get my peak ov reading between days 14-17 so that should be perfect muzzy

I have reminded him two or three times stone all he has to do at this point is make an appointment with GP ffs angry

AbiBub Wed 12-Jun-13 22:07:51

Thanks ladies smile. My OH and I have decided not to dtd anymore until af arrives or I start testing. (why do I get the feeling ive already said that further up?!)

muzzy all pinkies crossed that you get a smiley opk that coincides with when you and OH can dtd.

bartbaby Wow, that's just sods law right up in yer face huh! However, I think if you dtd on sunday that should still cover you for Tuesday when you ov, as the swimmers should still be ok, they normally last 3 days minimum within normal circumstances so with ov fluids around and about you should still be fine. I hope all goes ok on the scheme of things smile.

talla You are not a nag!! if these men want babies too, they have to be willing to do the easy and considerably fun bit of the baby making process, so to make sure that you are both ok, to go have the tests should seem minimal for him I am sure. But if you think he has reservations about it, perhaps sit dwon and have a heart to heart with him about why he feels he hasn't gone in and tested yet? It would make sense for you to both go in at the same time really that way your levels coincide maybe I don't quite know how it all works, can you tell confused although I a keeping pinkies crossed that your af doesn't turn up!! Well done on the reduced alcohol and being supportive to your sis too, it is tough i'm pretty sure, but you are doing the right thing, and well done for not crying!! smile

Coolhand Wed 12-Jun-13 23:16:54

Talla well done on the no alcohol thing, says she sipping a glass of wine. I know what you mean about the hesitant to nag thing - I find it's all a very delicate balance with the DH. I would try to raise your own tests in conversation, expressing your frustration at what happened last month etc etc and perhaps try to move on to the topic naturally that way. He may well be avoiding it (albeit subconsciously) and may need a gentle nudge in that direction. Of course, all of that is easy to advise from my sofa...I often don't even tell my DH when I'm OV and try to rely on my feminine wiles to engineer it all.

Hence my epic fail of DTD x1 only in the crucial window this month! I have to say, my reduced expectations have been a little refreshing though...I'm not quite such a nut job as I would normally be in the 2ww.

PS Bart you have my sympathies. It's so frustrating when schedules don't match. Keeping my fx anyway

Ninunina Thu 13-Jun-13 08:07:11

Morning ladies, who is next to POAS?
AF is almost gone so it's soon snagging time for me and DH. I'm thinking of trying opk or temping this month. I don't live in the UK any more and the Amazon cheapies don't work out very cheap once postage is added, so clear blue seems to be my only option. I don't know if I should do that or just try dtd every other day (dh always happy to do things that way). I'm just hoping he won't have to fly to London at the wrong time. I really want a March baby next year!

Ninunina Thu 13-Jun-13 09:30:07

snagging=shagging blush

muzzy2011 Fri 14-Jun-13 19:37:06

Ok so just did my first opk and got a smiley...only on cd12 so wasn't expecting it yet! So I'm about to ov right? Dh on way home after a week away!!

StoneBaby Fri 14-Jun-13 20:19:27

muzzy go for it. A smiley means ov is on its way. FX your DH is not too tired grin

muzzy2011 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:29:15

Thanks stone I'm going to jump him as soon as he's back!

StoneBaby Fri 14-Jun-13 20:34:50

grin

AbiBub Fri 14-Jun-13 21:29:17

cool still keeping my pinkies crossed for you even if dtd only happened once it still happened!! grin

ninu hope all goes well on the dtd plans, same goes for you muzzy jump him!!!

How are we all ladies?

Im cd24 I think af due between tues and thurs of next week. Have increased discharge atm so expecting an af really (sorry if tmi!!) . Any nice plans for the weekend ladies? smile

StoneBaby Fri 14-Jun-13 22:01:38

abi fx it's not AF

Good luck to all the dtd this weekend smile. I'm now in the 2ww zone and the good news is that I'm not symptoms spotting yet but I've got a thrush (sorry TMI) and I'm now trying to remember if I had this 4 years ago hmm

AbiBub Sat 15-Jun-13 00:11:31

Aww thanks stone . Booo hiiisss to the naughty thrush! I do remember getting thrush when pg with our little dude, so in a way I hope thats a good sign for you smile . I decided not to symptom spot too much this time as was stressing myself out, which cant be helpful!! How far in on your 2ww are you? Whens af due? Although I hope it doesn't arrive! ! :0)

StoneBaby Sat 15-Jun-13 07:45:50

I'm on cd 19 and af is due Monday 24

AbiBub Sat 15-Jun-13 13:21:05

Oooh so only just over a week then!! Hope the week goes quickly for you stone smile

StoneBaby Sat 15-Jun-13 13:43:56

Grr! I've been nauseous all morning. I hope it's for a good reason and not a tommy bug!!

AbiBub Sat 15-Jun-13 16:16:50

Pinkies crossed its for a good reason! ! x

Coolhand Sat 15-Jun-13 23:02:27

Muzzy hope things worked out for you!

Stone hope nausea is sign of good things to come.

Keeping fx for you Abi. Would love some good news this week.

AF is due for me next Sunday (23rd) but def symptom free right now, so not getting hopes up. Decided I will not be POAS until at least that date this month.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

AbiBub Sun 16-Jun-13 09:18:14

Morning ladies!

How are we all? smile

Thanks cool I hope that its our month too. Pretty symptom free here too really so not expecting too much either, but im not gonna POAS until its due unless af decides to arrive of course keeping pinkies crossed for you too. grin

BartBaby Sun 16-Jun-13 09:34:44

Hi abi with all the symptoms that most of us normally get in the run up to af sore boobs/cramps/nausea etc when we dont know whether is cos were pg or af, maybe symptom free is a good sign! Keeping everything crossed for you smile

Im cd12 so far. Not had my +ve opk yet (expecting to ov tue or wed) but managed to dtd on cd9 and cd11 so far. Hopefully tonight aswell if i can convince dh wink

Hope everyone else is ok and having a good weekend smile

AbiBub Sun 16-Jun-13 10:17:40

Hi bartbaby yeah here's hoping! ! Who knows but u guess I will have to wait just a little longer! Not expecting to be pg; just hoping!

Hope the dtd works for you this month, perhaps with regards to tonight you can suggest its a fathers day treat wink hope you get your smiley soon smile

winterpansy Sun 16-Jun-13 13:47:49

Hey abi Hope you are waiting patiently to poas!
I'll be checking during the week to see how you are getting on.
Not much to report here but scan went well on Tuesday and they moved me on a few days, hurrah! Other than that DS and I had a really bad chest infection and are only beginning to feel better today so we've been lying low.

Hope everyone else is doing well too x

StoneBaby Sun 16-Jun-13 18:17:24

bart I like your thinking re symptoms.

I'm still nayseous in the morning and needed a nap this pm. Here is more fx

AbiBub Sun 16-Jun-13 22:46:12

Hey winter lovely! Good to hear from you ! Sorry to hear you and ds have been poorly, hope you feel better very soon! Ooooh glad scan went well smile and moving in a few days is fabby! Means you get to meet little bean a little sooner grin yep, am being patient fir once and will see how far I can challenge myself!! Based on a 28 day cycle I would be due af tues but my last two af's I think have been 30 days so I might see if Ican hold out till thursday wish me luck unless if course af shows up, which it may do!

stone still keeping my pinkies crossed for you, those sound like in the right kinda direction type symptoms wink

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend? smile

Tallalime Mon 17-Jun-13 00:56:17

Hiya grin

Fingers crossed stone sounds promising esp the tiredness.

Hi winter good to hear your scan went well, bad to hear you have been poorly. That sucks

I am cd18, have been lax dtd the last few days so if it has happened (doubtful) then I will be poas Sat 29th...

This thread is not accepting new messages.