TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

mrscookie78 Sat 04-May-13 18:09:20

winter, hope your ok and try not to worry. sorry I can't see posts as im typing hence 3 quick posts. wink

gemmeg Sat 04-May-13 18:22:56

Thanks cabbage and mrs.

I told some good friends we went to for dinner today about the pg because I thought I might explode and because I raised suspicion refusing a beer and drinking de-caf coffee but I also feel a bit funny about it. I feel like the moment I tell people something will go wrong. I will only tell my immediately family and perhaps another friend who knows all about us TTC then that's it until I'm 12 weeks. I was like this with 1st pg...always expecting the worst.

talla sorry to hear you're feeling down. Let out all your frustration and anger on us.

Gemmeg I'm exactly the same - just told parents and my 2 best friends who were really happy for us but nervous at the same time. I am so nervous too - exactly how I was when pregnant with DS - I'm just taking one day at a time xxx

AbiBub Sun 05-May-13 02:14:45

OMGosh!! I have to keep not coming on here for a few days if it means every time that happens you lovely ladies keep getting BFP's!! This is such wonderful news both gemmeg and mummy. I am so so chuffed for you both. How are you both feeling? I had a funny feeling that you both may be, but didn't want to say anything just in case. It's all down to the spotting / imp bleed maybe that made me think they weren't true AF's, and I am really glad they weren't (I actually cant stop smiling for all the lovely ladies that have got BFP's this month, genuinely happy for you all!)

Glad that the only thing that most of you expectant mum's are getting a the mo is just tiredness and nothing else, and I wish you all the most comfortable of pregnancies. winter I remember getting the odd spotting here and there with our DS and he was all ok (obv). Don't forget that if you're ever concerned then a chat to the doc or midwife is what they are paid for smile

mrs and cabbage I know what you mean about the chore thing with OH and dtd. It feels to me like that, but my OH has been quite good, he has even said that it's all for a good reason and lets be honest for whatever reason it is for, they are still getting some grin wink

This week has gone so fast. Tomorrow is my cd14 which is roughly when I think I ov. Been checking my temp (even if it is ear therm) and this morning it was 36.0 in each ear and has been rising as the day goes on just checking it as was curious it got up to 37.4 / 37.5 and then has gone back down to my normal temp of 36.5 I don't know what that means, but I will check it in the a.m. and then if it's higher then, then I will opk. I have had tender bb, and lower abdomen pain today. OH and I dtd last night and plan to do it sunday, wed, and then sat just in case and for good measure cm has been more today, but cant tell if it's ewcm as everytime I have gone to the loo I have been busting at the seams!! just not enough time to check without weeing it all away.

How is everyones weekends going? smile

CabbageLooking Sun 05-May-13 08:02:21

I haven't started measuring temperatures or anything like that; I've simply been going on ovulation dates. If I don't have any success this month I think I'll start getting a bit more clinical.

My 10 month old has now got 2 teeth and it's completely changed his smile so he no longer looks like a baby; now he's a little boy. This is making me EXTREMELY hormonal and broody. I'd better bloody well be pregnant this month.

We've got a few more days until the 2ww so poor old DH will be being put through his paces every night until next weekend. Keeps him fit! smile

Hope everyone else is well.

winterpansy Sun 05-May-13 20:04:27

Evening all!
Thanks for your good wishes - no more spotting since Thursday so hopefully all is good. DS has been ill so we haven't done much this Bank Holiday - hope you've all had fun?

mummy How was your sleep last night? Mattress more comfy?

abi You'll be exhausted by the end of the week, good on ya!

I've decided I am going to wait until I am going out for a meal with my closest buddies on 13th June to tell them. I'll be 11 weeks by then so if I can control myself til then, it will be a lovely opportunity to tell them all together. I'll probably tell one before that as she has just had a baby and I see her fairly regularly and she's knows we were ttc so she will probably guess smile

gemmeg Sun 05-May-13 20:23:22

Thanks abi! I'm feeling ok now my cold has gone but I am really tired although I think this has more to do with the fact that DS has decided it would be a great idea to start waking up at 5am!! Sounds like you've already been busy and have a busy week ahead!

Glad your spotting has stopped winter

I know what you mean cabbage. They don't stay babies for long!

winterpansy Sun 05-May-13 21:06:00

Cheers gem It was scary and I was convinced the worst was going to happen but I've been fine since. My DS has been up early/waking through the night too as he hasn't been well - I feel your pain!
I am slightly terrified of the tiredness inevitably getting worse over the next few weeks and having to deal with a toddler. We'll just have to get on with it, I suppose!

AbiBub Sun 05-May-13 23:30:01

Hey all!

Cabbage - Awww bless your LO with teeth coming through, its wonderful how we start to seeing how our LO are developing and growing into their own skin, but also sad because its weird not seeing them as babies anymore! I have to measure my temp really, last month was a longer cycle due to chem pg, but previous cycles weren't all the same length, although the majority have been 28 days, last month was 36!! Hope all goes in favour of the nightly dtd's for next week, keeping all pinkies crossed it works it magic grin.

Gemmeg - Glad your cold has decided to disappear and that you are feeling better. smile I feel your pain with LO being wakeful, our LO has been waking a few times during the night for all sorts of reasons - the other night it was monsters in his room! So my OH and I went in and checked his room out for monsters as you do and reassured him!

Winter - Glad your spotting has gone now, its always a concern when it's happening, and although you know its probably alright and perfectly normal, we as mothers are naturally protective of our LO's and just want them to be ok. That's a wonderful plan that you have to tell all your friends together in June, they are no doubt going to love your news for sure. Pinkies crossed for you managing to keep it under wraps till then smile Hope your DS feels better soon.

Yep I will most definitely feel knackered by next sat for sure, my OH and I were talking and we have changed the days to tonight (shortly wink ) Tuesday, Thursday, and sat just in case, we just don't want to miss an opportunity my temp has spiked to 37 and slightly above ( ear therm) today but I still haven't had a smiley at all, but I skipped yesterdays test as was getting nervous about using the last test then just in case. my low temp was Friday but no smilie, temp got higher yesterday, but didn't test, and then temp high today tested and still no smilie. so wondering if I might have got a smilie yesterday morning-- I probably haven't got used to testing-- but don't have any left now, so winging it with dtd every other night just to make sure we have the best chance really. Today would be my 14cd, so technically I am making the most of what would be my 2ww by dtd for one of those weeks wink what will be will be! but just in case my body has decided to have longer cycles I want to make sure we fit as many in as closed to dates worked out so we're covered!!

Oh gosh, now I have gone off on one, sorry, I just really would love it to be our month this month, my best friend is about 21 weeks, and I love her dearly, but getting more and more down that its not happening for us, even though I have always been over fertile! It's all about my environment. I shall stay positive, I have to! Sorry again.

Morning ladies - hope you are okay - how bloomin lovely is the weather!!

Winter - glad the spotting has stopped for now. Love your plan of telling your friends at the meal. I can't wait for the 12 week mark to pass and we can start telling people. I have a really large but close family and they all helped us through the miscarriage so I know they will all be so excited especially my grandparents - it will be there 9th great grandchild!!

Gemmeg - glad your cold is getting better - howls the weather with you - hope its nice!!

Cabbage - bless your LO - it's so cute when they start looking older but I always get a pang of emotion with every milestone! My DS is starting school in September and I am going to be an emotional wreck - I was welling up just readying the offer place email!!

Abi - good work on the DTD - I have stacks of ovulation predictor tests - would you like them? They are just the cheapy ones off the Internet - they are a bit harder to read than the smily face ones but you are welcome to them if you want them - if you do just pm me your address and I will post them to you.

Sorry for the long post ladies!! Hope you all enjoy the bank holiday.

Xxx

Oh my days I have had a major crisis of confidence - can you ladies help.

My BFP results have only been faint (ish) 2nd lines - they are clear 2nd lines just not as dark as the control line - I did a clear blue digital on Saturday and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant which was in line with my dates but I did another normal test today and the result line is still faint - the same faintness as my test on Friday morning - I thought it would be stacks darker. I am panicking now as I don't have any symptoms although the midwife said that's normal.

Am I getting my knickers in a twist over nothing??! Xx

winterpansy Mon 06-May-13 12:21:03

Oh mummy I have no answers but am here for moral support. I don't have many symptoms really either but cb has gone from 1-2, 2-3, 3+ and it's been reassuring so don't panic about that. I did some of those internet cheapy tests too and the line was not as dark as the control line ever - even when I got 3 + on cbs. Yes, I must have poas at least 12 times since bfp - using at least 4 different brands!

Can you get some more cbs and try again when you know you will be 2-3 weeks or ask for hcg blood testing first thing tomorrow at your gps?

Just try to keep calm and we'll help you through whatever is going on, although I'm sure you will be fine xx

Thanks winter - I did the clear blue on Saturday and got 1-2 weeks so should I do another next Saturday and expect it to rise to 2-3?

I feel like I am over analysing everything as wish I hadn't POAS again this morning - the 2nd line is definetly there it's just not as strong as the control line - is that okay??

I might phone the drs tomorrow and ask for a hcg test tomorrow and one 48 hours later to make sure it's rising - I think I'm feeling over the top as the miscarriage was so recent xx

AbiBub Mon 06-May-13 14:22:34

Hey Mummy, don't panic!! Don't forget that even the smallest thing like having more to drink leading up to doing the test can make the line appear more faint, and depends what time of day you tested too? I had that with my DS, and he was fine! It could even be down to the test, don't forget they are manufactured by machines!! I totally understand why you would feel nervous, based on the mc you had in January, so it is totally expected, and so like how anyone of us would be feeling too. Ring the docs tomorrow, if only to put your mind at rest then it has to be worth it. I know it's tough, but try not to worry yourself too much, as that can have more of an effect. Sit down, chill out, watch a movie or busy yourself with something. Perhaps do what winter suggests with doing one a week later. I have every faith that everything is ok, and it's just down to sods law that the test came up more faint. It's quite early days and I am pretty sure that HCG can fluctuate a bit, plus a line is still a line, no matter how faint. My midwife said to me with DS you can have false neg but never a false pos. We are here for you whenever you need to offload so big hugz to you! I hope that helps?! Thanks for the offer of the ov tests, I think I may hold off on that offer just at the mo, just until at least AF turns up, I am in my 2ww, but have still got 3 more dtd sessions just in case ov dates aren't as straight forward as I thought, I didn't get a smilie on the cb, so am just having to go for it!! Thank you again. If anyone else needs them though, please do feel to offer them smile

CabbageLooking Mon 06-May-13 15:37:22

Mummy please don't worry too much. When I was pregnant first time round I found the early weeks a real struggle because of the lack of symptoms or anything to suggest that I really was pregnant. It will be ok - try to relax. (Easier said than done though, I know!)

I have only just started really reading about conception properly (we were very lucky first time round and conceived within 3 months) and had no idea that it was bad to have sex every night! So I should probably stop being annoyed with my DH for wanting the odd night off. smile

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. xxx

Thanks ladies, there was definitely a second line so I am sure I'm still pregnant and everything is okay - I am a natural worrier anyway so this just blows my mind!! Thinking about it I got up and had a wee - came downstairs and had a huge glass of juice and then did the test so it was probably that - the line wasn't that much fainter I think I was just expecting it to be really dark but I guess a line is a line.

I might phone the doctors tomorrow anyway and ask for a blood test to be done just so my mind is put at rest but then I am going to not test anymore other than the weekly digital ones - I want to be excited about my pregnancy not stressing out all the time. When I was pregnant with DS I didn't know anything about miscarriage, I was just so excited about my BFP - ignorance really is bless sometimes!!

Thank you ladies - you have been a real lifeline today xxxxx

winterpansy Mon 06-May-13 19:47:03

Yes mummy you are pregnant today and long may it continue (for another 8 months away!). I hope your gp will do the tests and try to stop you worrying, easier said than done though.

We can get really excited after our 12 week mark - just gotta ride out the nervy, scary part for another few weeks x

Thanks winter - everywhere I have been reading says a faint line is fine and doesn't determine the healthiness of the pregnancy so that's reassuring. I should be getting a scan at 8 weeks so hopefully that will put our minds at rest too xx

StoneBaby Mon 06-May-13 20:39:06

Deep breath mummy. Even if faint, there is a line smile

I bought some ovulation sticks from ebay and unfortunately do not like them, so I'll go back to Boots to get their own branded one.

I hope May will bring us lots of BFPs grin

StoneBaby Mon 06-May-13 20:39:59

Deep breath mummy. Even if faint, there is a line smile

I bought some ovulation sticks from ebay and unfortunately do not like them, so I'll go back to Boots to get their own branded one.

I hope May will bring us lots of BFPs grin

StoneBaby Mon 06-May-13 20:40:40

Oops. Sorry for the duplicate post. My computer had frozen

Speaking of lines mummy does anyone know if a very quick response on the tests means anything? Probably just the same as was said earlier - a line's a line - but on both the tests I took the line/result showed up almost immediately. I have in the back of my mind that it can mean twins (gulp). Does this ring a bell with anyone or am I making it up in my nutjob mind? blush

AbiBub Mon 06-May-13 22:44:54

Glad we have helped you feel a little better mummy that's what we are here for grin

nomore do you know what I don't know about the promptness of the result, I've never heard of that being twins, but then I have never had it happen to me, so I guess I wouldn't have thought to read up about it!! Would be interesting to find out though!! Perhaps ask the doc maybe?

stone boo to the cheapy tests!! How much are the boots own branded ones then are they dear? I'm holding off on ov tests atm as in and around my dates when I was supposed to be ov, I did the tests that the lovely winter sent through and still didn't get a smilie :0/ I have 3 more days of dtd this week, (tom, thurs, sat) then only have roughly a week(ish) to wait for AF to come. I really hope this is the month for more BFPs in this thread (mine included hopefully!!) smile

How has everyone's day been? smile

Hi ladies

I POAS again this morning and got a clear 2nd line - it wasn't as strong as the control line but was an obvious 2nd line so no disputing that!! I went to the doctors this morning and she said that the faintness of the line has nothing to do with the healthiness of the pregnancy but as its only 3 months since the miscarriage she will test my hcg and progesterone levels today and in 48 hours. Blood test done this morning and waiting for results - next one scheduled for Thursday morning - hopefully it will show my hcg levels doubling - once I know that I think I will feel a lot more reassured.

Hope you are all well today xxx

StoneBaby Tue 07-May-13 14:49:27

mummy fx for you and great news your gp reassured you

This thread is not accepting new messages.