TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

StoneBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 21:08:03

mummy so sad for you.

I'm normally very regular so I don't really understand. confused

Mummy that's crap - don't blame you at all for de-friending her. It'll happen, you'll get a 2014 baby like lots of us here xx

Ah thanks ladies - I have de-friended as has DH - she is lovely but we don't need the reminder of where we would be ha the miscarriage not happened.

I am back to feeling positive - it will happen for us all and when it does it will be ace!!

Xx

winterpansy Wed 24-Apr-13 09:40:05

OMFG ladies! Well, there was no more spotting since Mon night and no sign of AF so I just took poas (First response) to put my mind at rest and there is a line, well 2 lines but you know what I mean. I'm shaking!
I'm going to pick up a cb before I believe it so no mention of bfp just yet Will report back at lunchtime after I do it. AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Haven't even told DH - came straight here to share it with you!

gemmeg Wed 24-Apr-13 09:49:05

winterpansy aaarrgghh!!! smile smile smile
mummy hugs
stone it ain't over til the old hag arrives wink

Winter - OMG amazing news!!!!!!!!!! Pee on the clear blue and report back!! EXCITING!! Xx

winterpansy Wed 24-Apr-13 12:01:58

Oh lordy! I am nervously over the moon to announce a BFP!! [Grin] I was so convinced I was out this month, can't believe it. Waiting for DH to phone me so I can tell him. Thanks so much for all the support on here. Not quite ready to move to preg forum yet so I'll stay here and cheerlead for you all. Hopefully we can start a preg thread for nutjobs soon xxx

So so happy for you winter :-) xx

Winter that's fantastic news!! Congratulations grin

StoneBaby Wed 24-Apr-13 21:02:11

winter congratulations smile

I'll be poas tomorrow am as I'm mad still wondering why AF has not turned up yet

winterpansy Wed 24-Apr-13 21:21:00

Thanks so much! DH wasn't able to call me back today so I told him when he came home and he was over the moon. One of my best friends came over this afternoon with her kids and I had to tell her cos I had to tell someone but we'll keep it quiet for a while now cos I'm only 3+4 (I think). There is a long way to go! I'm so happy!

Looking forward to more happy news on this thread from all of you lovely ladies too xx

AbiBub Thu 25-Apr-13 00:53:21

Hold the phone....

I don't come on here for a few days and winter has some fabby news :0) Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyhhhhhh! this is awesome and totally put a smile on my face for sure!! grin. Please stay on here and let us know how you are getting on? smile. So that spotting wasn't AF afterall but probably imp bleed!! I am so so so so so happy for you smile jumps around like an idiot .

no more thats good steady weight loss, well done you! Bet you are chuffed to bits smile.

stone I am hoping this is your month too grin keep us updated?.

mummy I soooo don't blame you for de-friending, its not a reminder that you need in your life at the minute....so i'm gonna zip it too! How has your week been? smile.

in fact.... how has everyones week been?

Cant believe its wednesday already (well technically thursday, my goodness is that the bl**dy time!!).

AF slowing down here (I'm calling it that, as chem pg is just far too negative for my liking!!). Because this has been a 36day cycle (8 day's more than usual) I have some dates for dtd in my head, as cant really afford opk's and only have an in the ear therm, and always forget to do it first thing in the a.m. (the temp not dtd ha ha!), wasn't sure whether to run those dates past you ladies see what you think?? grin grin flowers.

whoa, keep blinking and nodding off!! night ladies :0)

StoneBaby Thu 25-Apr-13 08:32:03

Well AF arrived during the night sad as a result I'm an emotional wreck at my desk blush

I will have to use ovulation sticks next month as I don't know how long my next cycle will be (was 32 and this month 38!)

I'llbe back later once I compose myself confused

AbiBub Thu 25-Apr-13 09:28:46

Aww stone big hugz. Sorry to hear naughty af has arrived, I know how your feeling though so you're not alone. My cycle is normally 28 and it was 36 thus time. New slate again and if you want to use opk's then you go with that, hopefully that will give you more info on your cycles and I will keep all pinkies crossed for this new cycle. I cant afford those at the minute so am going to have to gauge it confused . They say that ov can occur from day 7-23(approx) of a cycle so im going with that idea as best I possibly can and getting in quick dtd from this saturday onwards if OH will let me! Nhs say ever 3 days to dtd if trying for a baby.so there is a few of us that are looking at hopeful 2014 bubs now, 2014 seems a good year to me ; 0) x

winterpansy Thu 25-Apr-13 09:39:28

Thanks abi! Implantation bleeding never even crossed my mind at the time and I was 100% expecting a BFN so I was vey shocked. It's sinking in a bit now, trying not get too excited as I know things could go wrong but it's hard to concentrate in work today!

I think I have a few CB opks left which I'd be happy to send to you if it would help? I'll check how many when I get home and let you know. Hope af (I'll call it that too) goes away very soon and you can get down to business.

stone Sorry to hear af got you. It's crap but onwards and upwards to the next cycle. 2014 babies are definitely going to be amazing.

So here's to all the 2014 babies then! I've worked out my edd is Jan 4th (DS was 2.5 weeks early though so who knows!) so I'll lead the way and I want plenty of followers over the next few months x

gemmeg Thu 25-Apr-13 11:08:32

Sorry to hear that stone. That happened to me too a couple of months ago. After 3 months of a 26 day cycle I thought they'd become regular then it suddenly changed to 30 so naturally I'd got my hopes up. It must be the stress of thinking about it all or something. Good luck for the next cycle.

abi sounds like you've got a good tactic there. My DH would never do that which is why we use OPKs. FYI you can get the cheapy ones from amazon for £5 for 30 tests. I think they're called aide. That said, I like your way better grin

winter show me the way and I'll follow yer!!

Stone sorry to hear that hun - treat yourself to something nice to make you feel better - a large slab of chocolate normally helps me!!

I used OPKs every month as my cycles are irregular - I have never had 2 cycles the same. I don't use fancy ones - I think mine were £10 for 50opk and 20 pregnancy tests.

I think 2014 sounds like a fabo year too!! Xx

ASmidgeofMidge Thu 25-Apr-13 17:34:37

Sorry to hear that Stone. AF well and truly here for me too sad. But..... Brilliant news winterpansy! Congratulations! Onward and upward nutters-2014 is our year!

I think I might be out too this cycle - only 9dpo and I have such horrendous back ache :-( guessing that AF is on the way :-( x

AbiBub Thu 25-Apr-13 21:00:37

Its not over till the af lady sings mummy so keeping all available pinkies crossed! Backache could be a sign of other things other than af wink ^abi's fingers so crossed they are turning white^smile

So there is a number if us that are on the af express, some of us that are waiting, and some that have had all the good news we hoped for! interesting month ahead for us all then!

2be winter how are you both feeling? Thanx for that info on the opks gemmeg will bear that in mind if im not successful this month! [Smile] . winter thank you very much for the offer, I think I would feel too bad as don't have any pennies to offer for the opks or postage :0/

So what you lovely ladies got planned fir the weekend? smile x

AbiBub Thu 25-Apr-13 21:04:18

And typo's galore and my italic didn't work either :0/ nice one abz!! Ha ha!

Squigglypig Fri 26-Apr-13 08:39:05

winter Congratulations!

stone I use OPKs (cheapy ones from Amazon), and they're great. I used to use the clearblue fertility monitor but it got expensive and I'm going to sell it on ebay soon.

I've also tried temping-lite this month and that was great for telling me when exactly I ovulated, as even though I've been using an ear thermometer which you're not supposed to do, there was a clear temperature shift after ovulation which so far has stayed up.

For me, I'm cautiously optimistic. I had dark spotting at 8DPO and 9DPO which has gradually lessened over time. I'm due on today but it's not come so fingers crossed. I have one test left so if I've not come on by Sunday I'll test then. But I'm sure I had similar symptoms last month and was convinced I was pregnant then so that's why I'm cautious.

Squigglypig Fri 26-Apr-13 09:00:22

Just went to bathroom and now I'm feeling depressed again. Spotting - boo! I don't think it's ever going to happen for me.

winterpansy Fri 26-Apr-13 09:42:08

abi I have cb smileys 4 left and would be happy to post them to you free of charge - would be happy to pass them on so hopefully they could be lucky for you too! I'm feeling great, thank you. Tired but no other real symptoms properly as yet. Just waiting for it to kick in - last time I didn't eat much for 1st 3 months cos I felt too ill all the time. I will need to contact the dr soon as I had gestational diabetes last time so will be monitored from very early on.

Thanks smidge and squiggly really pleased and feel incredibly lucky. I'm keeping positive that it'll be a wee sticky one and in 8 months I'll have a lovely snuggly baby.

Sorry to those who are expecting evil AF sad
Fingers crossed it won't be long until you're with me on the 2014 bus. Beep beep!

Glad you are feeling great winter - that's fab news!!

Squiggly - sorry your feeling depressed hun - how is the spotting now?

Xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.