TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

Loanna Wed 03-Apr-13 09:23:08

Hi Abi, I think I'm currently in a similar situation to yourself. I came off the pill on 14th March AF arrived 18th March I think I ov around weekend just gone however I had a very small amount of spotting yesterday. It was only a tiny bit and it has now gone. I read yesterday that it could be an ovulation sign. I have put it down to this being my first cycle without my pill so my body is hopefully re-adjusting. This could be what it is or maybe an implantation bleed if you ov early.

Mortified-Sorry about your AF Mine isn't due until 15th April but have a feeling we missed it this month as we also haven't dtd much. I think I may also try the every other day method next month too, thankfully my DH is more than happy to oblige and doesn't feel like he is being used at the moment.

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 10:26:18

Hey Loanna! Yeah I came off pill jan, so this is my third cycle! I am still getting some brown when I wipe (sorry if tmi). So I will guess I have to wait, so tempted to get opk! Had really heavy feeling in abdomen area when I first woke, and tremendous back ache. bb's not sensitive, but I dont think I got that with my ds, ooooh so confusing !!

Morning ladies :0) mortified sorry to hear about af, but a good starting point for next round of trying ; 0)

Hows everyone doing? :0)

gemmeg Wed 03-Apr-13 11:50:08

Hi abi and mangomom! Quite a crowd of nutters forming here now!! So I thought I'd share my news with the only people who really understand how important it is......AF still not arrived yet (def not pg as didn't DTD) meaning my LP is at least 10 days!!! I know this doesn't sound v.exciting but it gives me a bit more hope that we can conceive this month. Just looking forward to cracking on with TTC this month as soon as AF out the way (just you watch, it won't arrive for ages now that I really want it to!grin).

2beornot Wed 03-Apr-13 12:22:48

Yey!!' More nut jobs!! Welcome ladies!

Gemmeg - not managed to work out what a luteal phase is yet, but if you're happy, I'm happy!!

Mortified - sorry about AF arriving - at least it didn't keep you hanging too much!

So, advice needed. DH and I have dtd Fri, and sun- tues. last night he seemed tired, so thought we'd have a night off tonight but I think I ov today. So do it again tonight, or even if I've ov today then last night and tomorrow so be ok?!

gemmeg Wed 03-Apr-13 13:13:23

2be it sounds as though there'd be plenty of swimmers up there waiting for ov so if DH seems tired then u could just DTD perhaps once more 2mro in case of late ov smile

Luteal phase is the time starting the day after ov up until day before AF which needs to be a minimum of 10 days to conceive. I thought mine was 11 then I realised I'd been counting wrong and found it'd been 9 a few times but this month it's at least 10 days. Anything less is considered a luteal phase defect and can make conception difficult....here endeth the biology lesson smile.

2beornot Wed 03-Apr-13 14:17:27

Ahh ok - I always thought ov was the middle point of cycle? So when AF arrived 4 days early I might still have ov when I thought?! That makes sense! Have checked calendar and my lp has been 14 days for past two months.

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 14:17:35

Hey gemmeg and 2be! Yep complete nut nut here! And so nice to be with likeminded peeps too! I was explaining in the phone to my mum this morning and bless her, she said try not to think about it too much, what will be will be! is she kidding!! ha ha!

2be-im with gemmeg on that one.I think if ov time, swimmers will last a good few days anyhow, dont wanna cause a traffic jam! Wait for rush hour to clear a bit first then set another journey off! All pinkies crossed here!

Gemmeg that is really handy to know about LP I will have to work mine out, but never used opk so it just would go by feeling for the past ones to gague it! So tempted to get opk's how long and where from if can get from amazon, dont wanna get it too early just in case my af doesnt arrive on 13th (ish) for all good reasons of course!! The brown spotting has calmed down (for the moment) so may have got ovulation dates mixed up?!? Got really achey back today, but I do tend to sleep weird anyhow abi secretly hopes she didn't sleep weirdly :0)

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 14:21:55

Ha ha I underlined instead of italics duh me! Half asleep mummy here! I was explaining to my nearly 4yr old ds that mummy was reading about releasing eggs and timing etc he said "oooh yeah mummy we could have egg and shoulders" bless him he has not a clue!! :0)

2beornot Wed 03-Apr-13 20:09:11

Love the analogy Abibub - really made me laugh grin Think we'll have a night off then!

Fingers crossed! I am going to go for OPKs if it doesn't happen this month. I don't think you need to use them until a few days before you expect to ov, so you should be ok to wait for AF

HI Mango and abi - nice to have some more nutters round here!

Well it looks like I definately got a LH surge Mon & Tues but didn't manage to dtd until this morning sad It was a combo of being away with a poorly ds and then us being poorly so just wasn't happening this month.
I tried to gently nudge dh into action but didn't want to tell him that I was OV and wanted his sperm, esp as we have only dtd twice now this month. If we'd dtd a lot anyway, I would have no problem telling dh I just want his sperm grin

On the plus side, I have a hen weekend when AF is due so I guess I can go and drink with abandon (although off to stalk google now about LH surges and ov times and will obsessively poas until AF arrives)

Hi ladies - hello to the new ladies - we have got ourselves a lovely group of nutters now!!

I am just coming to the end of AF so back to DTD - trying to be slightly more casual about it this cycle as I was SLIGHTLY obsessed last cycle!! I am doing my OPK everyday to try and get an idea of my cycle.

Gemmeg - fab news on your LP - have you been asking anything to help lengthen it? Mine was just short of 10 days and I'm keen to lengthen it - obsessing a bit about whether its the reason I miscarried x

AbiBub Wed 03-Apr-13 23:24:07

Hey all! Just a quick signing off reply, have been working this evening at home, and have been itching to come on here to say hi, but had to be strict with myself! Glad you liked the analogue 2be I like to make people laugh :0) im thinking of opk if it doesnt happen this month just purely as my bod likes to be different and it would be nice to know for sure! Can anyone recommend suppliers in amazon?

Hey petty, yep I is a nutter especially good at the overthinking and also arguing with myself about what symptoms im having ! Well if af arrives you make sure you have a fabby hen do thingy, may as well make the most of it whilst you still can :0)

Hi mummy, casual dtd good, add a bit of hell for leather (nope I dont mean kinky, but going for it like the clappers) and you should be balancing the dtd quite nicely! (Ha ha cant believe I just wrote that!!) Sorry ladies sleepy deprivation does strange things to me! Hopefully we will all get agood idea of our cycles one way or another! In the mean time im going to scrutinize my diary for clues yeah abz like that isn't obsessing, ha well until I get af and opk's in any case!

Yep I should probably shhhush now, may have sent you all to sleep, which is what im going to do right now! Nighty night peeps :0)

mangomom Wed 03-Apr-13 23:29:53

You know, opks never seemed to work for me when we were TTC the first time. We got pg relatively quickly but I never got a positive on any opk strip (and I used them religiously). I'll admit I haven't done much research/reading around them but may use them this time if the need arises. Any tips on how to get best results gratefully received.

Abi I hope you got your work done as needed!

Sleepy time, night all.

Ninunina Thu 04-Apr-13 07:01:33

Hello to all the new nutters! You're certainly in the right place... there is so much we say on here that we probably never dream of telling anyone in RL!
modified I'm sorry AF arrived. I must say I'm quite impressed that you managed to not POAS obsessively when AF was late.
I'm getting very broody now. My 16 month old was playing with my friends 6 month old and she was so sweet and gentle with him. She will be such a sweet big sister. I can't wait for July so we can start TTC.
My homework til then is to figure out my cycle. This month is confusing me since I seem to have ovulation pain in both ovaries. Would that mean I could be releasing 2 eggs shock
I've always wanted twins... if DH wasn't away on a business trip I'd be tempted to give it a shot. Bring on July!

gemmeg Thu 04-Apr-13 07:15:38

mummy unless I've misunderstood all of my "research" a short LP won't cause you to mc but it means you won't get pg in the 1st place as there isn't enough time for implantation after you ov. I ordered some supplements from H&B to lengthen LP but had probs with the shipping address form (I need them delivered to Austria) so I ordered so more from a diff supplier and now they've all bloody arrived! I could open a chemist!! Now I don't even know if need them! I reduced BF a lot this month so think that's taken affect. AF still not here so another bonkers cycle....will def need the OPKs this month.

petty sounds like you're having a similar month to the one we had last month.....sometimes you just have to call it quits and crack on with it the next cycle. At least you're spared the 2ww for a month and can function like a normal human for a bit grin.

mangomom perhaps you have a short LH surge? That said, the 1st month I used them I also thought they hadn't worked and put this down to them being cheapy ones. Actually the prob was that I hadn't continued doing them for long enough. I was convinced I'd ovd as I had cramps etc but it turns out I get these up to 5days before ov and I ov late. I used CB and cheapy ones the 2nd month and both worked.

AbiBub Thu 04-Apr-13 10:42:53

Morning ladies :0) how are we all this morning?

Mangomom, I did get the work needed done thank you, plenty more for me to do today :0) including getting stuff together for our ds birthday cake, think I might hobby craft it :0)

Nin I often wondered that as I have previously had pain on both sides before, curious, may have to Google it!

Gemmeg so when you setting up your chemist shop ; 0) hee hee! That's sods law isnt it!!

Last night I had a really curious dream that that browny stuff was a quick clear out before my plug appeared and that I actually was pg! Ha ha I have the oddest dreams for sure!

Hows everyone feeling this morning? My browny spotting had subsided and gone last night, just had a couple of pale pink spots, so yayh tis gone! Well until my af arrives. Tummy feels like sonething is dragging or pulling but im thinking it might just be my bod settling down from being on the pill?!:0/ I should stop writing and best get on with some work! :0)

Thanks for the research Gemmeg - that's reassuring to know as I would hate to think that there was anything I could have done to prevent the miscarriage and I didn't. I guess I was looking for a reason for the miscarriage but I guess these things just happen hmm

I have had the day off today and been de-cluttering the house - it's so therapeutic - I trying to give myself mini projects to take my mind off TTC (and failing miserably!).

Has anyone got any nice plans for the weekend? We are shopping for DS birthday presents - I think me and DH are more excited about his birthday than he is!! X

ASmidgeofMidge Thu 04-Apr-13 22:43:28

Good to see more peeps! AF ended on Mon... According to my phone app fertile days are from today til 9th although that seems a bit soon iykwim? No other signs of ov and opk's not showing anything up. DH working a lot of shifts so hoping not to miss the dtd boat. Not sure which ov measure to pay the most attention to...

Sorry about AF arriving mortified

AbiBub Thu 04-Apr-13 23:45:38

Hey all. Hows everyone? This evening got some cake making stuff for ds birthday on sunday! So this weekend is all about birthdays or prepping for it!!

Mummy, mc are something that no one should have to through, but the only comfort I can give is that you are not alone. When I first met my partner about a month or so in I fell pg (whilst on pill) and didn't know until just borderline mc at 5wks. Both my mum and nan have been over fertile, so I am very much the same (although you wouldnt think it at the mo!) Since then I have had 4 chemical pg. It is never easy, but I take with me that I have a ds that although he drives me up the wall I bless the ground he walks on. (Hark at me all soppy!) But its very true. I hope that gives you some comfort that whilst its not the nicest thing to go through, there is often underlining reasons why it does happen. :0)

Hey asmidge, that's great, so I am hoping that your only busy doing one thing!! I read online somewhere that ov can occur between 7 and 23 days from the first day of your last period, does that coincide with your phone app? I worked out that me and OH dtd on the 12th day after 1st day of af, so I might even have my ov dates mixed up because I thought i was ov around 29th/30th! Which may mean that the spotting I have had could be imp bleeding!? Who knows im prob just over hopeful I think! I always assumed ov was slap bang in the middle of a cycle but apparently not!!! All fun and games huh! I bought a load of towels (af) just in case, but hoping i dont have to use them! So whats everyones plans for this weekend?

AbiBub Thu 04-Apr-13 23:49:38

I meant to also say mummy that the underlining reason are not something we can do anything about it just happens. x

instead of getting impatient to poas i am actually willing af to turn up so i can crack on with the next cycle grin
a bit gutted that i won't be having a Christmas pudding but my only reason for wanting a baby in Dec was so that we would have to start hosting the family Christmas shock that was all agreed last weekend anyway so i can have a baby anytime now wink
i actually think dc2 will be another March baby as EVERYONE in my family is born in March (except me but only because i was prem, i was due in March). its an exciting but expensive month (and July is obv a busy time for couples in my family wink )

gemmeg Fri 05-Apr-13 10:58:15

I was doing exactly the same thing petty. The past few months I've been running off to the loo around AF time to check it had NOT started but this month I was willing it to hurry the chuff up! I had had several months of a 26 day cycle so I was happy that they were at least reg but last month was 29 and this time 31 days! I suppose that's what you get if you BF. Thankfully AF arrived y.day so at the moment I feel as though someone's kicked me in the nether regions grin but looking forward to getting on with it! Just a shame I ov late so still a while to wait....

No amazing plans for the weekend....The weather's still pretty crappy and cold here in Austria so not really motivated to leave the flat. Prob just visiting some other Brit friends who live in Vienna, a spot of baking and playing with my 17month DS who's a right cheeky monkey smile

winterpansy Fri 05-Apr-13 11:29:24

Hello nutjobs!

Hope you're all well. Lots of newbies I see. Hurrah and welcome to the club.

I'm in full flow obsession mode. CD16 here so am using clearblue opks to see when ov will happen at some point over the next few days (was CD18 last month) and have dtd CD10, 12, 13 and 14 so far.
I really want a wee Christmas baby so fingers crossed we get some sperm meeting egg action this month. I was down yesterday at my friends house snuggling her 6 day old. It's amazing how quickly you forget how small they are. DS is nearly two and really tall! Oh, I can't wait for my own newborn snuggles again (if all goes to plan of course)!

AbiBub Sat 06-Apr-13 01:08:47

Hey peeps! Its lovely to see a good network of ladies just being open about how they are feeling! If af's are present it can only be a healthy thing to know bods are all still working as they should be :0) it seems to just be mainly down to timing for us ladies I think! I know im comfused, I've set up an excel spreadsheet ( yep I was that intrigued!) With start and end dates to see how long my cycles have been, where I thought they were all pretty much 28days they aren't! Some are 28 days some slightly less some are 33 days some are 31 days! Buts whats more confusing is that ov can occur between 7-23 days after your first day of your period! So not necessarily slap bang in centre of your cycle? ! Today I've had major tummy cramps and nausea like you wouldnt believe, but im really nervous its going to be another chemical pg. And according to my dates I have another week to wait till af arrives :0/ would live a christmas baby, love the newborn baby cuggles too! Still cant believe our ds will be 4 on sunday!! hey ho best get some kip! :0)

Hi ladies, hope you are all having lovely weekends.

Abi - I hope your DS has a great birthday tomorrow - my DS is 4 next Sunday and he is getting so excited! I always get super emotional around DS birthday (he still feels like my baby) - I can't believe how quickly the past 4 years has gone!!

AF has now finished (finished on Friday) and we have started DTD - trying every other day until ovulation but that's not for another couple of weeks thanks to long cycles!!

I went into Holland and Barrett to ask about vitamin B for LP but they looked at me like I had 2 heads!! Do you think it's worth talking to GP?

Xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.